Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

El Shaheed Sayed Zakaria Street Horreya, Heliopolis, Cairo 2480 Egypt

Very Upscale

Good

"We stayed at the Fairmont Heliopolis for 2 nights, having come in early before we joined our tour group. The Fairmont is a lovely facility, the lounges were beautiful and the food at the restaurant downstairs was very good with something for everyone. Our room was very clean and comfortable and a large size. The only downfall I saw in the hotel room was the size of the tub... it is almost impossible to have a relaxing bath without permanent injury ;)
The staff were friendly and helpful, and it was very convenient to have a bank right in the building for converting money. It was nice not to have a long ride to the hotel when we were greeted with the mayhem at Cairo airport, it is only a 10 - 15 minute ride away. And it had a free shuttle to the downtown in the morning, just ask the concierge and he will arrange it. We used it to go to the Cairo Museum our first day there. Just 2 warnings - watch the conversion rate carefully at the bank and do the math in your head so you know how many Egyptian pounds you should be getting back, I almost got stiffed 200 pounds and told him to recalculate it, then I got the right amount. Also the souvenir shop is selling items at very high prices - compare a robe that you can get for 80 pounds at a bazaar with the 350 pounds they are asking... Tourists beware!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of January 2009

Loved the fairmont

"The Fairmont towers at Heliopolis was truly 5 star. Spanking new hotel still under construction. hotel staff were very friendly and called me by name whenever possible. the rooms where not too spacious but well arranged. one note of warning though, do not book your tours with the hotel as it is more than double the going rate on the street. Noise level was non-existent as the hotel is situated in a quiet part of time."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2008

Awesome Hotel

"This hotel is brand-new and hands down 5-star. I am a frequent traveler and I prefer to stay in upscale hotels. This hotel does not disappoint. Great food/drinks, quiet location, very clean, and nicely decorated room/bath. There is a live band in the lobby in the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and I would stay here again when visiting Cairo. I was glad not to be in the chaos of downtown Cairo. Close to the airport (10 minute taxi ride). Hotel has a free shuttle in the morning to the Egypt Museum and a paid shuttle to the airport if you prefer that over a taxi. You can easily take a taxi to downtown also."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2008

Very modern, but a great place to chill out after Cairo

"This is a very modern and chic hotel. The lobby is spectacular and the quality of the building very good indeed. Food is excellent, although disappointingly, few local specialities - food is mostly Italian in style. A very good place for a conference or meeting, although the conference centre is in the basement, so no natural light. Overall, a very comfortable stay - great for access to/from the airport, but a bit of a jaunt to Cairo city centre."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of October 2008

effusively elegant

"Arriving at Cairo Airport on a short notice business trip, my colleagues and I had a terrible time getting what luggage had actually arrived on our plane with us through customs. The gentleman from the Fairmont Hotel did his very best to help us with our difficulties - spending almost two hours dealing with the uniformed officials.
Finally arriving at the hotel at 3am was a relief surpassed by amazement at the kindness and attention given to us by the overnight reception, concierge and porter staff. The hotel is clean and well furnished. My first room overlooked the restaurant chimney (which wasn't ideal), but I was so tired it didn't matter.
On our return journey through Cairo - again beset by delayed planes and luggage problems - we were greated by the duty manager who escorted me to a fabulous room complete with fresh fruit and posh shampoo etc and a view over the gardens. Its such a shame we had to get up early to catch another flight."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

A refreshing surprise.

"I wish we had been staying for more than one night at this Hotel in Cairo.

A 5 star hotel with service to match. Grand without being ostentatious. Subtle colours, amazing rooms, fabulous pillows and great bathrooms.

Air conditioning which was efficient and quiet, climate controlled throughout the hotel.

Staff were welcoming and helpful without being over the top.

Great restaurant, lovely ambience in the various lounge areas and fantastic atrium!

I'd recommend this hotel without hesitation."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

Better than downtown!!

Good

"What a refreshing change from the downtown tourist hotels! The ever-present noise and dust and cars honking is not there! Very upscale, with a a modern, subtle twist to the Egyptian decor. Nothing overt such as over done Rameses and temples. It has a fantastic bathroom, everything in great working order. It is by far the best I have seen in a long while. I could go on and on about the room, it was a perfect place to be staying for a longer time (I stayed 10 days there while my husband was out and around on business in the M.E.) food was great, pool has misted fans to cool in the heat of the summer and the landscape in and out was beautiful.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to be in Cairo for business or any other reason for a week or more.

We were in Egypt for 3 weeks. This is our second time there since December 07/January 08. When we arrived we stayed at the Conrad on the Corniche for 6 days. I had booked it prior to our leaving. It was not bad. I have reviewed it also.
After returning from a short trip to Alexandria we were asked by friends who lived in Heliopolis to stay at the 'Sheraton' as it was near their apartment. When I found out that the Fairmont had bought it and that they had built a new hotel also, we checked in there. I am familiar with the Fairmont chain and like it."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of August 2008

Loved the hotel

"Stayed here in june - july - 08 - patio pool room and standard room. The patio room had a sliding door that opened out onto a small patio with table - two chairs - sun umbrellla and sun lounger - within a little patio area. From there you could see the pool area and was only a small walk. The room was really nice, clean tidy - good furnishings - and good bathroom - very comfortable bed. - Great selections of restaurants - good buffet breakfast. Standard room excellent as well. Highly recommend hotel - staff very friendly -"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

absolutely fantastic

"I stayed at the Fairmont Heliopolis Hotel in Feb 08. The hotel had just opened a few days prior and we basically were their first customers. I stayed in a luxury bedroom and thought everything was fantastic: staff, bedroom, food, bar.
The bedroom was very luxurious with a fantastic king size bed, colour scheme was spot on, bathroom was a dream (huge rain shower and huge separate bath), delivery of sweet treats every night, truly nice and dedicated staff, breakfast was unbelievable.

We had tours booked everyday so a mini coach was coming to pick us up every morning and we did not mind not staying in the centre.

There is a mall close to the hotel, taxi to city centre will cost you £5-6 and takes 35 min. Again, Cairo is so crowded that we did not mind being a bit away from the centre.

They were building swimming pool and spa when we were there but you can use the swimming pool next door (3 min or 30 seconds with a buggy - staff won't let you walk so they will come and chase you with the buggy!)

I definitely recommend this property and would stay there again"

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of July 2008

New, comfortable, friendly, expensive

"Briefly, note that there are two Fairmont properties next to each other in Helipolis. One used to be the Sheraton Heliopolis and has the charm you'd expect of a 1960s/1970s hotel; the other is a brand new buiding (the Towers) which soft-opened in April 2008, full opening due in May 2008.

Despite paying a high rate of USD250+taxes per night, the service has been excellent - friendly and accomodating; the rooms are stunning, think boutique hotel with spacious rooms and luxurious bathrooms; and the location is handy for the airport (USD10 transfer) albeit a long way from the city centre.

The internet access is, however, grossly overpriced at EGP160 per day.

Not all services are available in the hotel when I stayed in early May - I had to go to the other Fairmont hotel next door to use the swimming pool - but this has the potential to be an excellent accommdation. I'll visit again when I have business in the Heliopolis area.

(Fairmont are very fair and market the Towers entirely separately from the regular hotel next door. Be careful which you book...)"

• Travel date: Thu 15th of May 2008

Hotels near Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

Stayed at Fairmont Towers Heliopolis? Share your insight.

Fairmont Towers Heliopolis is also called