Fairmont Nile City

Nile City Towers - 2005 B, Corniche El Nil Ramlet Beaulac, Cairo 2466 Egypt

fine hotel in Cairo

Good

"The Hotel was really great. Nice view, nice ambient in Bar and Restaurant. Excellent food. The rooms were not very large at least for american standards but large enough for europeans like us. Also to mention the quality of service and that waiters in bar and restaurant were very nice."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of March 2010

The Best Hotel I have ever stayed at!

"I actually have business with many 5 star hotels worldwide and this Hotel is fantastic, way above the rest. Every single staff member we encountered was helpful, personable and did an exceptional job. The Hotel is new and is not fully functional as the spa is not finished, but thy had a makeshift gym that had all the newest machines so I was able to get a full workout. The rooms and interior are well appointed in this stylish hotel and it is an oasis after enduring the chaos of Cairo. The food was exquisite, but the restaurant called 'Saigon Blue' (Vietnamese/French) was our favorite, and we had a lovely visit with the head chef who came to visit our table. We have enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this hotel to all who want a true 5 star experience."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of February 2010

Fantastic!

"Having stayed in two other Fairmont properties over the past three months, I have to say that the new Fairmont Nile City was the best! From our arrival, to our lunch/drinks in the bar, to the fabulous upgraded room with the most amazing view of the Nile from two huge windows, to the two restaurants that were open (more to open soon), to the staff and most especially Cherry in Guest Relations, we enjoyed a wonderful five nights in Cairo. The decor is gorgeous, very relaxing, the rooms very soundproof, and the food was absolutely delicious. It made returning from sightseeing in a very hectic, noisy city extremely peaceful and relaxing! I definitely would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay in it if we ever return to Cairo!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of February 2010

A haven in chaotic Cairo

Good

"The staff really cares and tries hard, everyone from the bellman, to security, to front desk, concierge, housekeeping, restaurants and management is focused on presenting a quality product, with personable and caring service. This may be the best Fairmont I have ever stayed at.

Still in the opening phase so there were small problems (smell of smoke in non-smoking room; lack of hot water for 30 min) but I hope these will be overcome.

Rooms were amazingly quiet and from some Nile view rooms you can make out the outline of an enormous pyramid in the distance through the Cairo smog and haze.

After each day of sightseeing in the polluted, noisy city, the hotel was an absolute haven of clean goodness."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of February 2010

One of the best I have stayed at

"Agree with all the comments. I have stayed at the Four Seasons, The Ritz and this is up with them if not better"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed In

"Fantastic, all the way around. Truly exceptional, from the service, to the room quality, cleanliness and all the extra details that a top notch hotel can provide."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of February 2010

A haven in hectic Cairo

"Fantastic hotel - large comfortable rooms with Nile views. The rooms are kitted out nicely with elegant furnishings and an extremely comfortable bed. Free Wireless is also a welcome ammenity.
The service in this hotel is spectacular - friendly and genuine; unlike the rest of Cairo - no one has their hand out expecting tips (however because of exceptional service you will want to make sure the staff is rewarded!). Small touches (such as a welcome basket or the extra tidying done by the housekeeping staff) were very much appreciated - and make you feel truly welcome at this property.
The pool on the 25th floor is small, but lovely with majestic views of the city, especially at sunset.
The hotel is still in the opening process (gym is not finished nor are some of the bars) but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of my stay at the Fairmont.
Great job to all."

• Travel date: Fri 5th of February 2010

One of the best hotels ever

Good

"If you are travelling with children this is the hotel you must stay in.The staff at the Fairmont Gold are forever willing to please and to help make the younger ones feel at home.When we returned to the room we were pleasantly surprised to recieve child friendly printouts about Egyption history thus making our upcoming week in Egypt more exciting.The experience at the Nile city Fairmont was extraordinary and I would definitely return to this hotel whenever I get a chance.The service at the Fairmont Gold is the best ever."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of December 2009

Best 5-Star I Have Stayed At!

"I am not sure where to begin in describing the unbelievable experience my wife and I had at the Fairmont Nile City. Cairo was the first stop of many on our honeymoon, and we are extremely lucky that the Nile City opened the weekend we arrived. We arrived in Cairo after traveling for 23 hours and when we arrived at the hotel, the staff were extremely welcoming and it seemed very excited for our arrival (as mentioned, the hotel had just opened)... We were greeted with welcome drinks and an introduction to key hotel staff. In what was the first of many great surprises during the stay, the Fairmont had upgraded our room to a suite as it was our honeymoon.

The room was outstanding, excellent view of the Nile, large room, high-speed internet, great tv, mini-bar and a fantastic bathroom - containing simply the nicest shower / bath area I have experienced (bonus is that you can look out at the Nile from the bath which my wife very much enjoyed). We were also welcomed by fresh fruit and chocolates in the room. Best of all, the bed was the most comfortable of all hotels during our subsequent travels throughout Europe.

We ate at the Napa Grill and the food was outstanding. I had the Sea Bass while my wife had the Ravioli. We had a few more pleasant 'surprises' from the Fairmont team while dining. The Chef prepared a special appetizer and desert for us in recognition of our long day of travel and honeymoon - both superb (my wife greatly enjoyed the dessert!)...and the management presented us with a commemorative plate welcoming us as some of their first guests. The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful, without being overbearing.

We required a Guide the next day to visit the Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum. The hotel provided us with a recommended private guide (included transportation) for the day...once again, the recommendation was outstanding. our Guide was named Hala, and we do recommend her if you get the chance. Prior to leaving, we were greeted again by hotel management to see how our stay was progressing, if we needed any help or suggestions for future plans - you could tell they were sincerely concerned in making our stay as perfect as possible. Upon returning, the Fairmont had another surprise for us - chocolate cake in the room along with bath salts, oils, etc...my wife loved them all (later on they took care of me by bringing by some chilled beverages for the Sunday football games to watch while my wife was relaxing in the bath).

On the final day at the Fairmont, our flight out to Greece was at 3:00am, so we asked the Fairmont to store our bags for us for the day (checkout was at noon) and we would leave to the airport around 11pm. Well, of course the Fairmont would not have us without access to our room to relax and refresh for an entire day, so they let us continue to use our room for the day (they set us up for lunch at a nice local Egyptian restaurant, and then for a Nile Dinner Cruise - the Maxime). It was so nice to have access to the room between the afternoon and dinner. After the Nile cruise, the Fairmont had transportation aligned to get us smoothly to the airport.

Note that the hotel is new, so not all restaurants were open, neither was the pool or spa (though I am sure more are open at the time I am writing this). Also, if possible, arrange for airport pick-up from the Fairmont...the taxi experience at the Cairo airport was unlike anything I had experienced - also, since the hotel is new, many taxi's may not be familiar with it. Finally, I recommend using transportation and restaurant recommendations from the hotel.

In full disclosure, I travel often on business and stay at the Fairmont when possible as I am loyal to their brand due to constantly high levels of service and accommodation. I have also been fortunate enough to stay at many other 5-star hotels around the world. It is my opinion that the Fairmont Nile City is the best hotel I have stayed at. This is not just because the hotel itself is modern, clean, safe and has all ammenities that you would like...but because the staff of the Fairmont were the most incredibly caring and courteous I have come across.

We want to thank the entire team there."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of November 2009

work in progress but great stay

"the hotel is new and some things are still work in progress (some floors are not open yet) but the athmosphere is great and the rooms are perfect. I loved the color of the forniture and the view of the Nile.
Great service too."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of November 2009

Hotels near Fairmont Nile City

Stayed at Fairmont Nile City? Share your insight.

Fairmont Nile City is also called