Fairmont Heliopolis

Al Uruba, Heliopolis, Cairo 2466 Egypt

Good

Cairo vist near the airport

Good

"Stayed Sep 21, 2006 for 1 night.

The hotel offers a free airport shuttle on the hour every hour. It is about 10-15 minutes drive away from the airport.

Beautiful hotel.
Large lobby.
Really nice rooms.
Many restaurants to pick from. I ate in the Cafe and the prices were good.

For an airport hotel it is a great choice.

I would not stay at the hotel if your going to visti the tourist sites. To far away.

I would use this hotel again if needed."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

Not for Tourist at All

"From the outside the hotel looks like rundown 70's hotel, but once you get inside it all changes. The staff was nice but that all changed when majority of them started to ask for TIPS for everything they tried to do (thing you typically don't tip hotel workers at other hotels). The rooms in my opinion were very bad due to the fact they were extremely small. It's definitely a hotel where you just "crash" for the night. The prices for food were extremely high (worse then American high), and there isn’t any place around the hotel to eat at. The location of the hotel is not the greatest either it's in the middle of Cairo away from all the action. I would not recommend this hotel for tourist at all."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of April 2006

Excellent Hotel

Good

"We stayed here whilst my husband was in Cairo on business last year. Although it is obviously not as central as most of the other hotels in Cairo, it has other benefits such as the large pool, which was bliss to sit around.

The food in all the restaurants was good and we never experienced anything other than excellent service.

The rooms were great - large and clean. We upgraded to a suite halfway through our stay but the smaller rooms were just as good to be honest.

We didn't find it overly expensive to get a taxi into central Cairo or even to the Pyramids and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of using it as a touring base."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of April 2006

Okay for overnight stop

"A good hotel for an overnight stop as it's close to the airport, but I would not like to stay here for any other length of time.
Our first stay in Cairo was at the Mena House Hotel which was absolutely fabulous, but on our return home we stayed at the Sheraton for one night simply because of it's location for the airport.
We stayed in one of the bungalows overlooking the pool area but had to move rooms due to smelly drains in the bathroom.
Rooms are very tired and in need of renovation.
Pool area was very nice and the food we eat by the pool was excellent.
Hotel was full of business men working on their laptops around the sitting area and conducting mini meetings thus giving the impression of a business hotel rather than a leiusre/tourist hotel.
Like I said, okay for an overnight stop en route home."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of November 2005

Excellent Hotel, friendly staff

"I am dutch and just relocated to cairo. I am staying at the Sheraton Heliopolis at the moment and will stay for over a month. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I left some money in my trouser the other day and the laundry man came the next day and handed it over in an envelope with a small letter. Great! There is a big choice of restaurants and the Italian and chinese restaurant are really good.
They also have a nice pizza place outdoors next to a waterfall.
I do not use the pools but it looks great and there is always a nice crowd present. The gym has all the equipment I wish for and I use it before going to work at 6.30.

The rooms are nice, well stocked minibar and a good shower. However the rooms are a little outdated compared to newer european hotels.
All in all I am enjoying my stay here very much and will certainly return for many dinners when living outside the hotel.

Seen the crowds in the hotel the their seems to be a good mix of business men and tourists. Anyway enough people to create a good atmosphere."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of September 2005

Loved it...

"I am an Egyptian living in the U.S., so I go to Egypt regularly, and the Sheratron is on the topof my list. I have stayed at a variety if hotels from the Four Seasons to the Conrad, and Sheraton Heliopolis is one of the best. The Hotel is close to the airport, so after a long trip it is quiet convient not to travel an additional 45 mins to go to a hotel in Downtown or on the Nile. From the outside, the hotel does not look anything fancy, but it is very nice and well maintained. Check-in was a snap. The staff was very proffessional and polite. The bellman had our bags delievered up to our room promptly. I booked a junior suite because i have two young boys. The room and sitting area were had plenty of space, and the sofa bed was extremely comfortable. My room overlooked the pool, but because of the sound-proof glass, the noise from the nightly entertainment did not bother us. The food at the hotel is outstanding. Their breakfast buffet is one of the most luxurious I have ever seen. They have 3 pools, so the pool area was never crowded. They have a car rental office as well as one of the best hair salons in Cairo. They provide a free shuttle to the airport any time of day. The British airways staff and the Air France staff stay here too."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of September 2005

Great location for a stopover

Good

"My family and I used the Sheraton Heliopolis for a stopover, arriving from London and departing the next morning to Hurghada.

Found the reception and porter very efficient and friendly. Both our rooms were upgraded to a suite (I am a Starwood Platinum Member) and whilst the styling of the rooms was a bit dated, both were clean and in good working order. Mini Bar well stocked, beds comfortable and clean, bathrooms clean and modern and the sitting area nice and tidy with plenty of space for luggage.

Breakfast was great! Despite us being there very early in the morning, everything was available and staff were very friendly. Our kids got treated like royalty and left with full tummies and happy.

Checkout was easy and efficient, luggage was brought down promptly and again, staff were very friendly and helpful.

This was our first night in Egypt and our holidays couldn't have started any better. Would definately return to the Sheraton and would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short stay in Cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of September 2005

Average Stay

"I booked in here for two nights, was expecting the best as this hotel was the choice of the Oil company I work for.
When I arrived it seemed to be really secure with plenty of safety measures in place, checking cars, metal detectors before you go in due to this part of the world not being very safe these days so this puts the mind well at ease.
I found the hotel very nice in apperance outside and the inside reception was very nice too, there are plenty of restaurants offering a variety of different foods and a really nice garden and pool area, just what you would expect from a 4 star hotel.
The room had everything you would expect in a 4 star hotel nice shower, tv, big enough room with a double bed but parts of it were a bit shabby - for example the old fridge in the room was supposed to be a mini bar but looked like something you might find in a 1970's household.
There was a big hole on the bed sheets but the bed itself was comfortable enough with good sized pillows. The room had a good air conditioning system which kept it cool in the blistering 30 degrees heat.
Seemed to be alot of staff employed just standing about doing nothing, most of them are for security purposes I think. When you arrive the people standing about doing nothing, the ones that are employed as Bell Boys are more than willing to take your bags to your room and to your car which is good but they are rude enough to stand and wait for a tip.
I went to the Italian Restaurant in the hotel and the food was good but the service was atrocious. Most of the time I had to ask before I was offered anything to drink, for a starter menu, and for the dessert list.
I have mixed feelings about this hotel, I would probably try somewhere else if I was going to come back to Cairo."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of August 2005

Badly run

"Completely spoiled by two weeks at Four Seasons Resort in Sharm and couple of nights at 4 Seasons First Residence in Cairo, when staying here to overnight on way back to London. Service ranging from okay, to generally indifferent and even downright rude, (quite unexpected). Did try to be smiling and polite.

Suggested to try health club when asking for soft pillows.

So-called "triple room" hardly big enough to swing a cat, even on Starwood Preferred Guest level.

Soulless, tired hotel. Wish had stayed at JW Marriott, which is only slightly further away."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

worst 4 star I have ever stayed in

"I don't understand why this is a 4 star hotel. The service is incredible slow, despite the 100+ staff walking around doing nothing. The service is bad (I am a Preferred Guest but get a much smaller/uglier room than my collegue who is not; I got served warm beer; two people were bring luggage to my room and standing in my room waiting for a tip). Room quality is bad (ants in bathroom, beds look like hospital beds, etc).

All in all, never I will stay here again. The Marriott in Cairo is many times better and even cheaper in some occasions."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2005

Hotels near Fairmont Heliopolis

Stayed at Fairmont Heliopolis? Share your insight.

Fairmont Heliopolis is also called