Delta Pyramids Hotel

End of King Feisel Rd - Pyramids, Cairo 11511 Egypt

Good

Bad noisy hotel

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Our travelled agent booked this so called “4 star hotel” and promised an upper floor room with the pyramid view. But got a third floor dusty room (extremely bad) with tree view. Almost whole reception staff were unfriendly and don’t know how to smile (may be overworked). On the second day we found there were no towels left for us – couldn’t ring house keeping as “5” can’t dial from faulty phone. When rang reception, said will send towels in a minute – after a couple of later, I decided to go down to get towels. On the way I met a house keeping guy and he brought towels. It is impossible to sleep at night as very noisy – definitely not a four star.
On the positive note - junior level staff (hose keeping etc) very nice, great breakfast buffet."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Great view from the roof

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"This hotel has fantastic views from the 6th floor and above. The view
from the roof is a post card shoot. The rooms are fair but extremly noisey from the traffic and HORNS, its like staying on the street. Location is good but not close to any western restaurants, staff are good, but would not swim in the pool."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Worst Experience in Egypt Ever!!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I love Egypt and have stayed in both five star and budget hotels in Luxor and have always been willing to accept that everwhere has it's good points and bad points but my recent stay in Cairo at the Delta Pyramids hotel was horrendous. The view of the pyramids from the top floor cafe is amazing and the service on the top floor is friendly and top class but I'm sorry to say even that really didnt come anywhere close to making up for the rest of our stay. Firstly the hotel is definitely not a four star as it was listed when I booked. The rooms are small and quite shabby, the windows dont open at all and our air conditioning made a terribly loud noise but didnt actually work properly. Sleeping was virtually impossible due to the noise of heavy traffic and constant horn beeping from the main road outside the hotel at all hours of the night and morning. House keeping was poor, we had to ask for fresh towells and toilet paper and whilst room service for meals was good and the food of good quality, trays werent collected from the room and one tray we left outside to be collected was moved to the stairwell and remained there for three days. We also found that the hotel is situated in a difficult part of town...the pyramids are within walking distance but everywhere else (the Nile, Khan el Kahili bazaar, museum, etc) require a taxi or public transport which given the traffic in cairo meant easily half an hour to an hours drive each way when stuck in traffic.
And my final word of warning is walking in the street right outside the hotel (King faysal road). On our first night there we were intimidated by a man who owns a perfume shop down the street and who regularly hangs around the front of the hotel trying to hound visitors into coming to his shop. We managed to politely get away from him on the first occassion but on our final night in cairo we decided on an evening walk and once again he approached us and followed us all the way down the street and became incredibly aggressive towards us when it was clear we did not want to visit his shop, at one point he even physically blocked our path and told us that if we werent going to buy from him we shouldnt walk down the street. He then threateningly told us that he had 'Big' 'Important' family. It was a scary, intimidating encounter and left us a little shook up so we returned to our hotel and attempted to make a complaint against him to some tourist police who couldnt speak any english and neither could the security at our hotel only a little english but not enough to understand us properly. This incident really sealed our nightmarish stay at the delta pyramids :("

• Travel date: Sun 25th of March 2007

This hotel very hit and miss

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Our tour company booked this hotel as part of a package. As a family of 4 we found the hotel very dirty, lights didn't work and a lock on one of the bedrooms didn't lock from the inside. Some rooms may have a great view but the noise is incredibly loud. We spent 2 nights here and begged our tour company to move us."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of February 2007

Decent Hotel For the Price

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We stayed here 3 nights and loved the view (5th floor, slightly blocked by trees), however the street noise is incredibly loud, so we moved to a different room our third night (view of a brick wall) and it was heaven! Room was clean and breakfast was ok."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of January 2007

Good View but bad hotel.

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"We came to the hotel at 6am directly from the airport. We have paid for night, but when we came to the hotel, they didn't have a clean room for us. we was waiting in 20 min before we got or room, and then it was so dirty. Only the bed was seems to be clean. So a okay View but a dirty room."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of January 2007

Great View

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"Great view.....but that's your lot.
Got the Pyramid view I'd asked and paid for but only after rejecting the 1st room (brick wall view) and the 2nd room (too low, only saw trees)
Got the required view at the 3rd attempt. If that's what you booked make sure your room is 6th floor or above, otherwise stay at reception till it's changed.
Staffwise, some were helpful while others made it clear the tip was their sole purpose for being there.
Room was merely ok, food was distinctly average and....oh look if average to adequate is your thing then go for it, otherwise go elsewhere people.
Biggest shock of all was that they DO NOT serve alcohol....at all...whatsoever."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of December 2006

Just a place to stay

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"If you're used to budget hotels, this one is more than adequate. I was with an archaeological team so I got a special rate. I wasn't hanging around the hotel much so I didn't care that the room was just serviceable but very clean.

The food service was not good. Although friendly, they didn't seem to make much effort to serve. The food itself was passable but nothing great.

The Internet cafe manager would not work out any deals for our team and was in general not trying very hard to accommodate us. We're all seasoned Egypt travelers and speak some Arabic, love the people and culture, and were not pushy. We just couldn't get him to get us hooked up.

The amazing thing is the view from the upper floors on the side facing Faisal Street. There are the Giza Pyramids in all of their glory and RIGHT THERE! Every morning and evening I had to stand there for a while and stare.

It is a noisy, busy location, but it was good for us since the team works nearby. I wouldn't probably stay there for a relaxing vacation."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of November 2006

Beautiful view, friendly staff

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"This is a very nice hotel close to the pyramids and is a great place to start a trip to Cairo. The rooms were large, clean and there was a gorgeous view of the pyramids of Giza. The top floor of the hotel has an outdoor cafe and a small swimming pool- a great place to sit in the afternoon with a cup of tea and gaze out over the pyramids. The hotel staff was very friendly and the buffet breakfast was delicious. I didn't personally eat in the hotel restaurant, but some of the people I was travelling with did and they said the food was good.
As far as the comment about this not being a 4 star hotel- I think it was by Egyptian standards. It was surely nicer than a 3 star hotel, but obviously not as nice as a 5 or 5 star deluxe place would be.
As with all the hotels in the Giza are- they are a great place to stay for the days you will be exploring the pyramids as well as for side trips to Memphis, Saqqara and Dashur, but when you are ready to spend some time in downtown Cairo, you'd do better to move to a more central hotel as the traffic is terrible and it can take even an hour (or more) in a taxi from Giza to the city center.
And speaking of traffic- yes, there was a lot of chaos outside the hotel and the street noise did make it into the rooms. Overnight it does quiet down some and when rush hour starts in the morning we were already up and getting ready to go see the sights..."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of March 2006

Not a 4 star

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Delta Pyramids recently and found it not to be a 4 star hotel. It's a budget tourist hotel that is located near the pyramids. Unfortunately the location is very noisy (we had two different rooms on two different floors and both were noisy). Both bathrooms had plumbing problems, but I will say the staff was helpful and the food plentiful. This hotel is not located near any restaurants you would want to walk to, so unless you take a cab you're stuck at the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of February 2006

Hardly a 4 star hotel

Reviewed Mon 12th of January 2009

"This hotel is rated as a 4-star one, but in reality it isn't. The only great thing about it is that it has an excellent view on the Pyramids of Giza and the rooms are quite big. All the rest is doubtfully good. I spent 11 nights there, and I can easliy spot the following:
1) Breakfast - ordinary, not much selection, and most of the food is not good.
2) Service - unhelpful. My room was not cleaned every day, the towels were not changed frequently enough, the carpeted floor was always dirty and dusty. Anyway the most INCREDIBLE thing was that my ipod player was stolen from my room while I was away in the city. It was very well hidden inside my clothes, which means that the cleaning boy was looking for valuables in the room. Of course I wrote a complaint and quarrelled with the personnel but nothing came out of it. And certainly I realize that it was my mistake to leave any valuable in a hotel in a country like Egypt.
3) If you have a room with a view on the Pyramids, then be prepared to listen to noises coming from the street 24 hours. My friend even bought earplugs to sleep better :)
4) If you plan to stay in this hotel for more than one night and go to the city later, be aware of constant traffic jams in this area. Sometimes it took me about an hour to get to the nearest metro station.
5) Room - on the plus side it was really big and had a view on the Pyramids. On the other hand it had very old furniture (from the 70s I guess), hot water was not always available, it was badly cleaned.
6) Swimming pool - located on the roof. Quite smalla and dirty. But maybe during hot months (I was there in January) it could be a good escape of the hottness.
7) Sport facilities - awful. Prehistoric gym (you have to pay for it!!!) and an ugly sauna (you have to pay as well)

Anyway despite the awful hotel my trip to Egypt was unforgettable and incedible!!! So don't get me wrong please, this note was about the hotel only!

• Travel date: Fri 9th of January 2009

Hotels near Delta Pyramids Hotel

Stayed at Delta Pyramids Hotel? Share your insight.

Delta Pyramids Hotel is also called