We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Conrad Cairo

1191 Corniche El Nil, Cairo 11511 Egypt

A great place to stay

"We have been to Conrad Cairo with a group of friends and we found the hotel and its service superb.
We occupied the room at 19th floor with two queens size beds, clean and nice bathroom and great sight at Nil river.
The service was proffesional and very helpful."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of February 2008

Excellent stay at the Conrad

"We stayed at the Conrad our first night in Cairo hoping for a comfortable relaxing night to recover from the long travel from the United States. That is exactly what we got, at a price. We stayed in the executive class, which we thought was worth the extra money. The hotel room was thoroughly clean and comfortable. The bathroom was excellent. The hotel had two car services that were a bit pricey compared to local taxis, but had the benefit of riding in nice, clean, comfortable cars (which is far more than we can say about some of the taxis). We had no real problems with Cairo taxis, but the assurance that the hotel car knew where we wanted to go and wouldn't try to harass us for additional fare or tips was worth the additional cost. We had room service for dinner that arrived quickly and was good. We had dessert in the lobby cafe that was excellent- I reccomend the Conrad Cake. The breakfast included with the room was excellent. The location, on the bank of the Nile, was good, it was a longish walk to and from the Egyptian Museum. However, the walk required several mildly dangrous street crossings because sidewalks ended. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would consider using the hotel again if we end up in Cairo again."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

Nice hotel, would stay there again

"I stayed at the Conrad with a large group of friends for one night in Jan 08. I had not researched this hotel on the Internet, so I really didn't know what to expect and I was both very surprised and happy with the hotel.

I stayed in a "normal" room, 5th floor if I remember correctly. The furnishings are very nice, the bathroom was very big and I was astounded to find that I both had a shower AND a bath (separate!). A nice touch in the bathroom was a set of scales, ideal if you want to see if you have packed too many souvenirs in your case!.

Beds are large, linen was nice and clean. The room itself was big and comfortable. The only drawback was that there were 3 of us staying in one room, and the "extra" bed was very below standard...I somehow would have thought that they would have bothered to buy "nice" camp beds, but the one that we got was very ordinary and dated...It would have been more at home in a 2 star hotel.

Reception is very nice, large and impressive. There was a pianist playing in the evening and there is a very nice fountain in the middle of reception, made out of what looks like green coloured glass.

The lifts were amazing!!!. If any of you have been on the Twilight Zone ride in MGM Studios in Florida, then you will know what I mean!. A few quick rides to the top of the building (or as far as you can go, as the executive floors are cut off to "ordinary" guests like me!) and down again are a must!. (And no, I'm not 12 years old!).

There is a Casino and a few Souvenir shops... Cash machines, etc. There is an outdoor swimming pool on one of the floors (I forget which one), it was January and rather cold, so we had a quick walk around it but nothing else!.

There is a shopping mall near the hotel, about 10 mins walk away. There are quite a few restaurants in this mall, we ate here on two occasions whilst in Cairo.

The bad thing is that the streets surrounding the hotel are pretty bad...I mean bad as in poor...There is a Coffee House type of place about 2 min from the hotel, and it's pretty grim... We had quite a few kids following us around too, begging. But unfortunately, you get that in most of Cairo (unless you're in a really well-off area).

A ride to the Museum by taxi from the Conrad will take about 10 min.

I would stay in the Conrad again."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of February 2008

great staff, good location for conference

"Just spent 6 nights at the Conrad for a conference/workshop. My room was lovely, with a beautiful view of the Nile on the 7th floor. The bed was very comfortable and cushy, there was plenty of room for meeting with a colleague or two, as there was a small couch, armchair and coffee table as well as the desk and its chair. The room was clean & bathroom was well equipped. The staff was universally friendly, helpful and had senses of humor (a very nice bonus). The housekeepers were like the shoemaker's elves. I almost never saw them even though I stopped in my room periodically during the conference, but they had my room straightened up 2-3 times a day and left sweets or fruit for me several times. Breakfast was okay, although the quality of the fruit was not great, and the omelettes were too greasy. Conference meals were okay, plenty of food, although not spectacular. Participants were from all over the world and there was enough variety to satisfy all."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of January 2008

Check your bill

"Clearly, the hotel has gone a bit downhill. Some of our party experienced rooms that were stiflingly hot, others were too cold - only one room out of our ten had a climate control that worked.

The real surprise, though, was the bill. We were charged for two full days on the internet for a stay that lasted one day, with one computer. Our first attempt to connect, online, produced a code but no connectivity. When I called the business office for help, I was given another code - and charged again! I pointed this out when I went to check out, and was told to return in an hour and it would be fixed. It wasn't. I had to leave for the airport and couldn't continue to haggle. That's the kind of thing that should be instantly addressed in a better hotel.

We were also charged 84 EP (about $15) for a mini-bar coke. One.

Stay away from the restaurant buffet, too - wildly overpriced and terrible. The only time it's passable is at breakfast."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

excellent modern hotel

"This is an excellent luxury hotel close to the centre of Cairo. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good choice of restaurants. Breakfast a bit pricey"

• Travel date: Mon 24th of December 2007

Not as great as we had hoped

"We stayed here in an "Executive" Room for 4 nights mid-November.

As stated by other reviewers, the staff are uniformly attentive, helpful, and gracious.... kudos to the management. The room was not overly large, but was nicely furnished with good- quality beds and linens, and the bathroom and toiletries were nice.
We had a decent-sized balcony overlooking the Nile, but oddly, it had not a scrap of furniture. The Executive Lounge was quite nice, well-furnished with outside tables and view of the Nile. The buffet breakfast was fine, and the servers very efficient with coffee, etc.

The biggest problem we encountered was the card-access system to the elevators. They worked only episodically, and we spent a lot of time riding up and down to floors we didn't want to go to. We kept getting the cards replaced, but all of them had the problem. One guest told us than in his 6-week stay, he went through 25 cards!

On our second night (we came in very late the night before), loud music from the nightclub across the Corniche went on well past midnight. Only after several calls and going downstairs to the lobby did they call the police and have it stopped.

We had two meals at the hotel, lunch at the Cafe and dinner at the Italian restaurant. Both were pretty grim. Far better were lunches at the Four Seasons and the Khan Al-Khalili, and dinner at the Moghul Room.

Booking guides through the hotel was also a mistake. The first one completely ignored our suggested itinerary, and spent most of the time on his cell phone, and then prosyletizing about how Muslin women should be dressed. The guide to the pyramids stopped at a gas station to fill the tires, then jammed into reverse and slammed into another car in the station. Then, he took a short cut- the wrong way on a busy four-lane street. Both of these were arranged through the hotel's travel agency.

For the price, it was a reasonably choice. Not one of our favorites, and not 5-star by international standards at all."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of December 2007

great hotel

"We stayed 5 nights in 2 parts (1 and 4) in early october. We found the hotel was brillaint, the rooms were very large and comfotable. The bathrooms were very clean and well equipped. Staff we found were helpful and friendly to us. Views of the river and the rest of cairo (smog permitting) were fantastic.
This was a very pleasent stay and we not hesitate to return to the conrad any time we can."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of October 2007

my favorite hotel in Cairo

Good

"withing egypt, service is a rare currency, good hotel with sustained level of service is hard to find,

this hotel has been my faivorate spot for many years since its openning, and every time I come back I usually find what i expect, now not to compare on a global level, but, in general it is a good hotel.

I usually stay at the executive floor for a small differance, and the benefit is good, their loungs is pretty nice for meeting peaple or actually have a laid back sit down after a dusty, crowded day in cairo."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Nice hotel but still room for improvement!

Good

"We arrived in Cairo for 3 nights and were looking forward to our stay at the Conrad after hearing such great things about this hotel. We had a deluxe room on the 16th floor with a great view of the Nile River. It's a nice hotel, but there are some things that need immediate changes.

1. We traveled with our 8 month old son and requested a crib, it was promptly delivered but once we took a look at it I would never use it for my child! It was made of wood that was so flimsy that my son would be able to break apart the rodes. The hinges in the middle wouldn't go straight which was of great concern and there were loose screws that could either fall out and cause the crib to fall apart or my son would eat the screws. ATTENTION CONRAD EMPLOYEES, YOU NEED NEW CRIBS OR PACK 'N PLAYS!!!!! This crib would never pass any North American or European safety standard!!!!
2. The food at the breakfast buffet was not tasty at all. The breads were a bit stale, the omlettes full of oil and a very small selection of fruits (watermelon, honeydew melon and prunes).
3. Room Service food was just as bad, asked for french fries and they were all over fried and hard, I didn't think it was possible to screw that up! Also order a pizza and it tasted like bad cheese. Maybe the hotel was having an off day, but I was not impressed with the food.

The overall service of the staff was great, very attentive to our needs and friendly. The rooms are well kept and modern, along with DVD players in each room and big balconies. I would stay here again but plan on eating elsewhere and perhaps bringing along my own baby cot."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Well what do I say....? Conrad Cairo is...

"Well what do I say....? Conrad Cairo is amazing, stunning and just perfect! It reminded me of a palace and everyone who worked there treated me like royalty.

When I first arrived at the Conrad Cairo I walked through the main entrance and my eyes popped out due to how fantastic it looked. The service was great, no problems at all. The rooms were very comfortable and have telephone, mini bar and even matching robes. The bathroom was gorgeous very modern. When I stepped out onto my balcony the view was spectacular as I could see the river Nile on my right and could see the rest of Cairo.

The atmosphere is humid and stays quite warm throughout the night but does not interfere with your sleeping. The Conrad Cairo can be a struggle for when you have to transport your luggage to your room. If you are located at one of the top floors anyway. But other than that Conrad Cairo is one of my favourite Hotels! Loved it... and if you’re planning on going there; good."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

Hotels near Conrad Cairo

Stayed at Conrad Cairo? Share your insight.

Conrad Cairo is also called