Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip

69 Abdel Hamid Badawi Street, Heliopolis, Cairo 5614 Egypt

Good

concorde el salam - no friend to the weary traveller

"We stayed here one night only. The lobby and rooms wre lovely, clean and well appointed. The enormous downside - all the rooms were in a u-shape with a large semi-open tented area in the middle of the U. ALL NIGHT - a wedding reception was on and there was extremely loud booming music until 4 a.m. We had to get up at 6 a.m. for an early flight, and were completey exhausted. I saw a sign in the elevator - "our guests are our friends" - would you really treat a friend this way - keeping them up most of the night??"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

great place to stay

"lovely hotel to stay in. many options for food. dining outside with live music was good. rooms of hilton standard. great place to stay in cairo. we witnessed a wedding ceremony send off was good to see."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of January 2008

Nice Hotel, pity about the location

"Great service if you are staying on the Club d'Elegance floor with your own private lounge where you can have breakfast, afternoon tea and supper away from the crowds in the buffet below. The hotel has a good variety of restaurants which are similarly priced to Europe, and as there is not much else in the vicinity of the hotel you are likely to be using them. If we had chosen a more central hotel we could have eaten out at a fraction of the cost! The hotel is in Helioposis a northern suburb of Cairo, convenient to the airport but a 45min drive from central Cairo, which can be longer if traffic is heavy. A taxi will cost about 50 Egyptian pounds each way, about 5 British pounds. The hotel offers a shuttle bus, but this is only one way. At new year the pool was closed to form a stage for a concert.
Had a bad experience at the hairdressers Ahmed and Abdou. The price for a cut was cited at 100 Egyptian pounds, half way through the hairdresser notified me a blow dry was an additional 100. When I said I did not want one, he abruptly stopped cutting and another man dried my hair in the messiest way possible. Very unpleasant experience.
Keep an eye on expedia for bargins on room rates."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of January 2008

Fab hotel. Highly recommended

"We stayed for 10 nights. We were thoroughly pampered. Excellent staff and service. Will recommend to all our friends"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

Great hotel

"We stayed here for only one night (a Sunday), at the end of our trip to Egypt. We changed our reservation from a hotel in downtown Cairo because we had an early flight and just couldn't face that traffic again. We didn't expect much for $155/night, but were very pleasantly surprised.

The lobby is almost elegant, and the rooms are very well-furnished and at least on Sunday night-- really quiet. The staff are unformly great, from the reception to houskeeping to the driver of the van who took us to the airport at 6:00 AM (gratis).
A waiter in the restaurant (not yet open at that time) offered us coffee and pastries to take with. We had dinner at the Italian restaurant the night before, and the food was very good (the chef, whom we met, is Sardinian) The courtyard area by the pool is very nicely landscaped, and an an oasis of calm for dining outside. All in all, a very pleasant ending to our trip.

It is probably 45 min or more from here to downtown Cairo in that insane traffic. A tradeoff, but for the price and quality we perhaps should have also stayed here at the beginning of our trip."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of December 2007

Fabulous hotel..shame about the noise

Good

"I stayed in the Concorde for 3 nights on a business trip this year. We arrived at 2.30am so of course, we went straight to bed so didn't have much time to appreciate the lobby area (which is magnificent) The second night I was, of course, exhausted after only about 5 hours sleep and a long working day. I was staying on the first floor, unfortunately directly above one of the outside bars. The music boomed underneath me until nearly 3am which was distressing to say the least. I asked reception if I could move rooms but they had nothing further away from the noise that night. The next morning I switched rooms immediately to the third floor facing the cinema so peace and quiet that night (apart from the mosques calling you to prayer at 4.30am!)
The staff were extremely helpful and polite and their English was excellent. I was moved to a fabulous room without any problems, the restaurants and variety of food was great and the pool area was beautiful.
I'm not sure if during July they have longer opening hours for the bars (I've heard it can get nosy around Ramadan also). I'm returning again in Febuary so I'm hoping it will be a bit quieter."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

Beautiful Hotel, close to the Airport.

Good

"Hotel Staff were very welcoming, offered compliment drink straight away. all staff spoke very good english. rooms were cleaned every day and the maid put fresh flower pettles on the bed and did a heart shaped design with our beach towels!. the Hotel has five restaurants to choose from all with delicious food and the night time entertainment every night was good. There are plenty of sun loungers around the pool and a Pool Bar. We stayed at this hotel for two weeks and there was a wedding every night which was wonderful to see!. This Hotel is about music and entertainment so not a place for people who like quiet evenings in, although the room windows do block out the noise quite well!. This Hotel has a Casino and a great Sushi Bar that has Live Bands playing every tuesday and wednesday till 3am in the morning. The Hotel is close to the Airport but an hour journey to Down Town Cairo and Pyramids. If you do go to this Hotel please say Hi to Tharwat at the Lobby Bar from Tara and Alan!. P.s your kids will love the pool area!."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of August 2007

Nice and friendly 4 star

Good

"I stay in this hotel on a regular basis with work and I must say I've an excellant time every time. The hotel is clean, well maintained, bordering on luxurious. The reception area / lobby / bar is very nice and spacious with helpful, friendly staff. Infact all of the hotel staff are only to happy to help. The rooms are of a high quality and reasonably spacious.
The food in general is excellant though I was dissappointed with "The Silk Road" indian / chinesse resturant. There is an outdoor BBQ in the summer though in the winter months everyone tends to dine indoors.
The other plus point is its only about 10 - 15 minutes to the airport and the hotel lay on a stuttle bus every half hour"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of July 2007

Good 4 star hotel

Good

"I have stayed here on a number of occasions and the hotel is an attractive old building in very good condition.
The facade/entrance/foyer is immediately impressive after entering the private grounds of the hotel.
I find the hotel ideal as it is close to the airport and as most flights arrival/departure times in and out of Cairo are horrible, it good not to be stuck in a taxi for a long time. There is also a courtesy shuttle bus to/from the airport on request.
The rooms are clean and comfortable.
The food in the restaurants is of a good standard and service is also good.
The pool area is attractive and a nice peaceful haven away from the noise of downtown Cairo."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of July 2007

Close to the airport

"After a flight this hotel's location is very attractive, especially when you arrive after midnight. The hotel staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the eating establishments good. A previous review commented about the noise and this is an issue and so ask for a room facing away from the swimming pool.
During the day, however the pool is quiet and relaxing. All in all I have stayed here many times and have enjoyed myself.
As somebody else mentioned check your bills on check-out as you are often leaving very early in the morning and so in a rush, with mistakes often being made."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Hotels near Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip

Stayed at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip? Share your insight.

Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip is also called