Amarante Pyramids Hotel

29 Abou Hazem St, Giza Egypt

Good

What a great hotel find.

"We booked this hotel because of its value and location, but we would stay there again because of the great staff and the clean, quiet elegance. Room service was great and affordable. (Get the Margaritta Pizza) Only drawback.....no clocks in the room. Be sure to take your own travel clock. Our bathroom was huge and included a hair dryer and bidet. Really loved this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of February 2006

Good for visiting Giza Pyramids

Good

"The Royal Gardens is one of four Sheraton hotels in Cairo. Guests booking on the internet should be aware that this one is located far from downtown and the city centre (with Cairo traffic, about 1 hour away from downtown and the airport). The Royal Gardens is convenient for those focusing on the Pyramids at Giza. Its front entrance is not imposing since it is off on a side street, but it is an oasis of calm in an otherwise noisy and lively area. The in-house restaurants are okay but not noteworthy. The service was good, rooms spacious and clean, they overlook the attractive pool and courtyard. Breakfast buffet is just okay compared to other hotels we stayed in Egypt. Internet access is $6 per half hour. We stayed here for two days in November 2005 while visiting the pyramids and then moved downtown to be closer to the action."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of December 2005

Wonderful Hotel. Would Stay Here Again!

"My husband and I just returned from 2 amazing weeks in Egypt. We began and ended our stay at the Sheraton Royal Gardens in Giza (which is West across the Nile from Cairo). This hotel was a real winner. Wonderful staff, who remembered our names when we returned at the end of two weeks. Hearty b-fest and an extremely inviting pool with swim up bar and sheesha or (water pipes for tobacco) delivered to your deck chair.
Rooms were all a good size, quiet and water pressure was excellent ( I am picky about weak showers).
We also felt quite secure in this hotel.
The only slight negatives I could see are that the hair dryers advertised are really weak ( a problem all over egypt, not just this hotel) if you really need to DRY your hair, bring your own. Also, if you are really into nightlife, and want to party alot, this hotel might be inconvenient as it's in a more suburban part of town away from the main, expat bar scene. We had pre-arranged drivers and had no problem with our drive into town, also the hotel will call a taxi upon request.
For us, this was absolutely perfect, one of our favorite hotels in 10 years of travel, would go back in a minute!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of October 2005

Oasis in the city

"The rooms overlooking the pool were very nice and clean. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurants on the premise are excellent especially the Lebanese restaurant. If you walk out onto the main street near the pharmacy there is also a great takeout restaurant with cheap delicious food (A shwarma cost only $1 and water is .20) After being in the hustle of Cairo this is a quiet escape. Would definitely visit again!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2005

Value for money hotel

"We stayed in the Sheraton Royal Gardens in March 2005 and found the hotel to be pretty average but at 28 euro a night each, it does represent great value for money.

Firstly, the rooms. Basic enough and a bit on the old side - could do with a revamp. The bathrooms likewise and we had a small problem with water drainage but generally the rooms are clean. Make sure you book a room on a higher floor as we had to be moved because of major noise from staff on the ground floors (and I normally sleep like the dead!).

Secondly, the food. Breakfast, included in the price, is very good with a wide selection available from cereals, breads and fruit to bacon & eggs, french toast etc. We had bar food a couple of nights in the hotel and while tasty enough, the atmosphere was pretty dreay.

The pool area is really lovely with loungers / towels etc available free of charge. The pool bar was closed while we were there but lunch ordered from the waiters was average western fare and quick.

The location of the hotel is pretty good for sight seeing but far from the centre of Cairo for going out at night. All in all, this hotel is very good value but watch out for three different taxes added to your final bill which weren't included in price listed by expedia.

As mentioned by other reviewers, get yourself a private guide for touring around. They will cost about 25 euro for the day but our guy (recommended by taxi driver on the way from the airport) was very well informed and good fun. Alternatively, you can book a taxi for a whole day for about 12 euro and this is better value once you've got your bearings."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of June 2005

Safe, Secure and Fabulous!

"We stayed here in August/September 2002. My husband I surprised my Mum and took her to Egypt for 1 week.

We chose this hotel because of it's reputation. We weren't disappointed!

The hotel was very, very clean and safe. The hotel has several very good restaurants to chose from. The pool area was fabulous, the pool bar was great, as well as the food they serve from the pool.

I personally wouldn't stay anywhere else whilst in Cairo.

Also, if you are looking for tours and personal guides (which I would recommend), I would use American Express Travel Agent in Cairo, we used a guy called Wael who was nothing short of sensational arranging every single thing we wanted, and at a very great price. His email address is ---

We used personal guides every day for use. That way, they pick you up in an air conditioned van, therefore you have a driver and english speaking guide. All of the guides that Wael provided were excellent. Wael even arranged flights, and guide for us to fly to Luxor for the day to see the tombs. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of May 2005

great value hotel

"Had two trips to the royal Gardens and found it great value for money I think the area is great near all local shops and cafes

Staff need more Trainning to bring standards up to Sheraton level Rooms are great Very clean and good strong showers

You will not be unhappy with what you get for the price"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of April 2005

Looked at Hotel but did not stay -

"Thought I would write a review to help out my fellow traveler. My wife and I were delayed in JFK for our trip so all plans in Egypt were cancelled. I was able to make a reservation at this hotel via 1-800 number for two nights. I did not gurantee the room because they said it was not required if I arrived before 4PM. We arrived at 3:30PM and there was no room. They kissed our butt for about half an hour while they searched for another hotel. They took us to that hotel which ended up being very nice and a little cheaper. They called us later that day to make sure we were OK and happy with the room (Zoser Parter Hotel). I have to give Sheraton and F for not following their rules about holding rooms and an A++ about making it right after they goofed. We did not see the rooms but we did see the hotel and you can make certain assumptions about the hotel from the parts that I did see. The Sheraton is a 5* hotel and is in a decent area. This hotel will be on my option list for picking a hotel on my next trip. This is good since Egypt appears to have an inconsistant hotel star rating. I gave this hotel an above average rating because it was a nice hotel. It may have been excellent if I had seen all the hotel. I suspect it is actually an excellent rated hotel. Hope this helps since there are not many reviews for Egypt hotels. (PS....check out my Zosyer Hotel Review)"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of April 2005

Bad atmosphere.

"Situated in an unappealing area.
The staff were not very friendly
The bathrooms are not well maintained.
The general atmosphere is not good."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Wow!!!

"I have never in my life paid $50 US for such a beautiful place! The service was excellent and the rooms were great! Especially after getting in on a 3 am flight. This hotel is located close to the pyramids and is not in your typical touristy area. This makes it very nice to get out and eat at local restaurants and take local taxis, verus the expensive hotel ones.
I would not hesitate to return to this hotel. They were very accomadating with late check outs (at no charge) holding our luggage in a safe area, and the pool is awesome. Because of the way that this hotel is designed, it is very quiet and it feels like you are a million miles away from the honking horns once you enter! For the price, trust me, you will not regret staying here."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of December 2004

Hotels near Amarante Pyramids Hotel

Stayed at Amarante Pyramids Hotel? Share your insight.

Amarante Pyramids Hotel is also called