We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Philae Hotel

79 Cornich el Nile, Aswan Egypt

Philae Hotel: The best choice in Aswan

"Philae Hotel is a great hotel on the Aswan Corniche. the second floor is totally renewed and the rooms are very clean and have an excellence view over the Nile.
also, the staff is very friendly, and Ms. Hanan always looking after the clients.
Breakfast and also lunch were pleintful and delicious.
I strongly recomended it.
Gemma Parellada
Barcelona, Spain"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2010

Very friendly and personal service from the hotel director, Ms. Hanan

"Beautifully located right on the Corniche. We got a room on the recently-renovated second floor, that was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The view was fabulous and despite facing the Corniche, it wasn't at all noisy. Since it wasn't the high season and the room was free, we were upgraded to a Suite at no extra cost.

The director Ms. Hanan is really hands on and she ensures you have a very smooth and comfortable stay - whether its setting up tours, providing early breakfast, or lunch at 4 pm when we got back late from Abu Simbel. The food at the restaurant is very good - loved the Egyptian Salad, and the best tahini we had. Her staff are also friendly and helpful. Overall a really good place to stay for a couple of days when touring the area."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of September 2010

Very nice hotel and very friendly owner: Mrs Hanan

Good

"I've been with my friends in Assuan 23 and 24 agoust 2010. We had really a good time in Philae Hotel: very very clean rooms,very lighted by windows nile view, new furniture, big bathroom, very good egiptian breakfast! I suggest you the lemon juice and the vegetables-balls. We had even a dinner in the hotel (the best egiptian dinner in our Egypt trip!) the food was very fresh and well cooked, thanks to Mrs Hanan that is really careful about food and about the good reception of her guests. This hotel is a 3 star but is managed like a 4 star, and respects european standard. Hanan is a great woman, has got good ideas to carry on the hotel and to make her guest feel fine. The price is really low in front of the really clean rooms (nile view) and the good food.
I will suggest this hotel to all my friends, they will find a nice place and a great person: Mrs Hanan. Deborah and friends from Italy"

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2010

Beautiful Views of the Nile

Good

"We stayed on the second floor which has recently been refurbished and what a wonderful job they have done. Yes there was noise from the road but after a day of exploring Aswan I'm pretty sure after the 2nd night I didn't hear any of it! The views of the Nile from the room was spectacular and it was interesting to watch the locals go about there daily business. The food and service here was excellent and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I will definitely be staying there again when I visit in 2012 and can't wait to see what other improvements have been done. Thank you Hanan for a great experience at you Hotel in beautiful Aswan."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of September 2010

Great place to stay

Good

"Very friendly staff, fantastic rooms with flatscreen TV and nice hot showers. Don't be misled by the reception, this place is perfect."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of May 2010

Feel like a pharaoh by seeing the nile while bathing

"Mrs. Hanan really did a great thing by the renewal of the second floor of her cozy hotel with its view at the Nile..this new rooms are spacious/clean and modern..the kitchen is still great ...fresh and tasty food...friendly and helpfull staff ...and all this in the middle of Aswan at walking distance of the soukh and the felucca's which you'll bring to the other shore...a marvelous place to stay!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2010

Great value for 3 stars

Good

"The foyer is misleading as the rooms are beautifully renovated. Service of the staff was very prompt and they provided a lot of support beyond that expected for three stars. Great views of the nile and liked the LCD TVs in the rooms."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of April 2010

Definitely worth it

Good

"we stayed at a "guide book recommended" hotel for one night, and went looking for somewhere better. we chanced upon the philae hotel, and were very glad we did. location is unbeatable, the new refurbished room (2nd floor only) was clean, well appointed spacious and comfortable - and the staff were friendly and helpful. we extended our visit to aswan because we had somewhere so good to stay."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of March 2010

What a Difference 4 Years Can Make!

Good

"After a pretty average stay in 2006, I was knocked out by the improvements to the hotel by 2010. I stayed on the second floor and you can't beat the views from the balcony of the Nile and the closeness to the Souk. Hotel staff were so friendly and accommodating. Yes there is noise from the street, but you are in the heart of everything and really feel you are experiencing everyday Egyptian life. The rooms have all the modern conveniences you expect from a hotel anywhere in the world - including big screen televisions and fridges. The Management needs to be commended on the improvements and I hear great things are planned for in the future - Jillian O"

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of March 2010

it was great

Good

"the room was great,the bathroom clean and with a view over the river nile ,the quality of food is very good,also the people their were friendly.I traveled a lot with my family the room i was in it was afive stars room.we enjoyed our trip v.much"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of March 2010

We loved this hotel !!!

"We spent a week at the Philae, staying on the second floor. It has everything to recommend it---clean rooms( including the bathroom) , plenty of hot water, and very comfortable beds. We made good use of the air conditioning,the weather being unseasonably warm. All staff were friendly and helpful --the girls cleaning the rooms, the restaurant staff and the folk at reception. And each morning we enjoyed a substantial breakfast at the hotel restaurant.
As for the view, it couldn't be bettered. From our small balcony we looked out over the Corniche directly onto the Nile ,a constant source of photographic opportunities.Also the hotel is well situated ,close to the souk, shops, restaurants and all manner of transport.
Md Hanan , the owner, was accommodating and helpful and has done a marvellous job in the ongoing renovations of her hotel.
Would we stay at the Philae again? Without a doubt, YES!!!!!
Best Wishes and thank you Hanan,
Coralee and Vanessa"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of February 2010

Very good value overall

Good

"Stayed there for a week. Room (incl bathroom) had just been renovated ie seems the whole floor had been renovated. Helpful staff and sorted out an aircon issue for me very quickly. Great location and view of Nile!!! Even had decent TV channels. Exceeded my expectations greatly and I will stay there again. I expect prices will rise over time given renovation.

I am glad I didnt wimp out and pay up a lot more for the Movenpick. ie my girlfriend found the Philae comfortable also so I was even more happy."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of February 2010

Hotels near Philae Hotel

Stayed at Philae Hotel? Share your insight.

Philae Hotel is also called