We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

LTI - Pyramisa Isis Island Resort & Spa

Isis Island, Aswan Egypt

Good

Perfectly Fine Hotel - better than expected

"We expected much worse than we got, based on the reviews we read. Our tour operator even warned us that the hotel was not as nice as the one we had stayed at in Cairo (Le Meridien Pyramids). The fact is, the Isis Island is fine, not great, but fine. The grounds are very nice, the lobby area large and comfortable, the pool a positive note, and even the pool restaurant very decent. Breakfast was fine, although I would prefer more fresh fruit. The biggest downside is that the rooms themselves are very plain, motel-like (see pictures). The bathroom was spacious and clean. Service was acceptable. In summary, it wouldn't be my first choice (but the Old Cataract is closed for renovations), but it certainly wouldn't kill me to stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Paradise

"This was the first time, that I stayed at LTI Isis Island Aswan. The Hotel lies on a beautiful Nile Island. the city of Aswan get by the free boat 24 h. in 10-minute tact. My room was big and always clean. The cleaning was every day and without defects. The buffet was always enought, tasty and always alternatives, food was. The staff was always friendly and helpful. I felt at home, Service was excellent. And the warmth of the staff excels the stars."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

bad experience

"what a disappointment this hotel is lets start with

the room

old not clean
decoration non existent
mini bar fridge empty on arrival and so dirty inside than i wouldn't have drink anything out of it
bathroom dirty

swimming pool

dirty around
grass and garden not look after
while we were trying to relax lizard and aunts where around sign of a dirty and not look after area

nefertary restaurant
we arrive for diner around 7pm
the restaurant was around 35 degrees hot the air conditioning wasn't working
when i mentioned it to the waiter he laugh and told me to go and sit next to the ventilation!!!!
i order a fillet steak with sauce choron as you describe it in your french menu..well for me a choron sauce its a bearnaise sauce with tomatoes and not a cocktail mayonnaise sauce
frozen vegetables where serve i tough you were a five star restaurant

breakfast
the cold buffet as not chance of been cold as its not refrigerated
the chef cant even be bother taking the cling film of the food

i also notice birds flying in the restaurant with all the food around i think its a really big hygiene issue

when i when to mention it to your costumer relation desk the guy was more interested top know my room number than to deal with the problem as he didn't move from is desk to check the situation"

• Travel date: Sat 30th of August 2008

Beautiful Nile View

"We stayed here for 1 night as part of a 2 day trip from Luxor to Abu Simbel and we had no complaints at all. Check in was easy enough, we were asked if we wanted a double or a twin then shown to our room. We had a large room with a big balcony that had a great Nile view.
We were tired due to being on the road all day so we decided to stay at the Hotel for their buffet evening meal. No problems there and there were plenty to choose from. A bit on the expensive side but when it is the only Hotel on the Island I suppose then can charge what they like.
We had an early night and requested a wake up call for 02.30 as we had to join the Aswan to Abu Simbel convoy at 04.00 and they did this to the minute.
There is a courtesy boat that runs 24 hours a day to the mainland so you are not stuck on the island if you don't want to.
Overall no problems and if we to stay in Aswan again I would definitely stay here."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of July 2008

I will admit, I am a hotel snob . . . .

"I think, in it's heyday it was a nice hotel. However, we discovered that not many people actually stay in Aswan anymore because of the popularity with the Nile Cruises. In addition, the Old Cataract Hotel was being renovated. So you are left with a resort that has gotten REALLY run-down.

We stayed in the presidential suite. My kids thought we were in a mobile home. Seriously!

The staff was hilariously untrained. It took three guys and several calls to the front office to find out how much a diet coke was at the pool bar.

We just chalked up the stay as a funny cultural experience and despite the bad service, food and accomodations, we actually had a decent time."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of July 2008

Pros and Cons

"We were only able to stay in Aswan one night and we were originally booked at the Old Cataract Hotel. I had read several reviews that it was being renovated so one of the choices our agent gave us was this hotel. The grounds are beautiful and our rooms were the best. We had adjoining rooms with large terraces overlooking the Nile. We thought we were in for a real treat. My fiancé and I called room service for dinner. A couple of minutes later our friends in the next room did the same thing. Their dinner came promptly. Ours came 1 1/2 hours later after 3 phone calls. Then we found out one of the entrees was missing. We had not signed for the meal but when they brought the complimentary fruit basket as an apology they wanted us to sign for it. I told them I had ordered shrimp curry, not a cantaloupe, and they could take their fruit basket away. My fiancé had to go down and speak to the manager who said he would send the shrimp up right away. By then we weren't hungry anymore. Luckily he didn't charge us. I am going to list the pros and cons of the hotel but want to say that some of the cons would not normally have bothered us but due to the meal problem we were in a nasty mood and everything hit us the wrong way.
Pros: Beautiful grounds, 2 pools, friendly staff, large bathroom, large terraces (our rooms anyway), free wifi in public areas.
Cons: Room service, broken shower (had to hold it in your hand), no tissue in the room. The bottom sheets came off the bed and we woke up finding we were sleeping on the mattress. At breakfast the cups were stained and had rings around the inside like they hadn't been washed properly. No salt and pepper on the table. No coffee spoons (no spoons at all, actually). Had no ingredients for the omelets, however when the large tour group came down for breakfast they brought everything out.
It is unfortunate that such a lovely hotel has such a problem with their food service. If they corrected that I would be able to overlook all the other little things."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008

Looks are Deceptive

"I stayed here for one night as part of a package tour. On arrival i thought i had arrived at a luxurious resort and the foyer just re-inforced my view, space, greenery, coolness. However when we were taken to our rooms it all changed. We were walked out of the main building to the 'annex', the rooms where they dump the group travellers. Our room was down a dirty dusty corridor that badly needed a vacuum. The air-conditioning struggled to lower the temperature of the room. The mini-fridge made our water bottles hotter than when we arrived. There was no information about the place in the room, no hairdryer, no tea/coffee making facilities. The only plus was it was sooo hot on the balcony that our washing dried in minutes.
The worst thing about the Isis Island resort is the food. As others have mentioned both the evening buffet and the breakfast were boring and unimpressive but worse than that its unhygienic. The hot food is not kept hot and the cold buffet looked tired and dried out. The result was I and many others in our group became ill with acute food poisoning. My advice would be to find somewhere else in aswan to stay."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

Loved it

Good

"I loved the hotel, I was a bit worried about all the other bad reviews, Hotel and staff were great. I think the only complaint I would have is the shower head wouldn't stay up and I had to hold it. Pools lovely, Banana pool was the best, and nice restaurant just next to it for either snacks or a meal in the evening. Ordered a box breakfast, early morning call and a boat for 3.00am for the Abu Simbel trip. I paid £85 for three nights B&B. I paid more to for one night to stay room only in a motel in Leeds."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of May 2008

Jikes!

"OK first of, they gave us the wrong type of room. The room we got instead was horrible, but we didn't change as it was only for half a night and it took such a long time to give us that one! The floor was uneven, tiles loose and chipped and broken. Bed horrible hard. Furniture old and worn, chairs wobbly because of the floor. Shower a joke. Couldn't shower, had to hold the head to do anything. Needs a renovation baldy! Our travel agents were very disappointed because most of the group had to have their room changed. Not a nice hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of April 2008

Bad hotel in general

"Bad hotel! Although the surroundings of the hotel are absolutely stunning, the rooms are no where near a 3 star accommodation. More like a one star hotel! Bed sheets and pillow cases were dirty everything feels like +20 years old. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

You better off staying on the Nile cruise"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of March 2008

On arriving on the Island at first glanc...

"On arriving on the Island at first glance the hotel seemed very pleasant and the reception was quite good.

I had booked a junior suite which was very good. It then went downhill from there.

The hotel does not use the air conditioning to its full capacity and as Aswan is very hot so was the hotel (even when it was on the staff left all the doors open).

The swimming pool, well what can I say, the pool was dirty and the pool bar looked like it had not been cleaned for years, only went once did not venture to the pool again in the 3 days spent at the hotel.

The food was not very good, especially at breakfast. The coffee at breakfast had been put into flasks and left on the tables from, we think, when breakfast started at 6 am, it was cold, not very strong and instant.

The staff could do with a lesson in learning how to look after guests.

Having been to Aswan before I stayed at the Old Cataract, but as I took my sister and her husband and could not get 2 rooms at the Old Cataract I chose this hotel instead, I wish I had not, it was their first visit and I was embarrassed that as I had been there before and I had picked a really bad hotel.

This is a hotel which I will never visit again."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2007

We stayed at the Pyramisa Hotel, Aswan i...

"We stayed at the Pyramisa Hotel, Aswan in May 2006, the second of two Pyramisa hotels in our trip.

It is my understanding now that these hotels were built many years ago and have maintained their 5* rating despite lack of up keep and modernity. From the outside this hotel seems to be nice and inviting but once in the room it is quite obvious that they are outdated and in some cases dilapidated.

We were extremely displeased with this hotel and would recommend that anyone intending to stay there consider other options in the Aswan area. "

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Hotels near LTI - Pyramisa Isis Island Resort & Spa

Stayed at LTI - Pyramisa Isis Island Resort & Spa? Share your insight.

LTI - Pyramisa Isis Island Resort & Spa is also called