Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna

km 46, Suez-Hurghada Road, Ain Sukhna 43111 Egypt

Good

no long swim suit

Good

"the p[lace is very beautiful gardens are great swimming pools are very clean but i was very disappointed because they do not allow long swim suit, the dinner is of no much variety ,it is not worthing the very expenssive rate . the room are very clean and comfortable the room service are fast but the stuff is not freindly at all they never smile,"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of September 2009

Worst experience ever!!!!

"I stayed with 3 friends for one night as we were going on a boat trip the nxt day. As we were a mixed, 2 girls and 2 boys we were treated appallingly. Our 2 rooms were placed a long distance away from each other and we were refused closer rooms, we were given statements to sign stating that we would not visit each others rooms.

So we could not relax and listen to music together and to make sure that we did not visit a memebr of the security team was placed outside each room!!!! What do friends do if they cannot relax together inside?.....they go outside, so we were followed all night until we retired to our separate rooms.

My story is very long so i will not bore you but this is certainly NOT a hotel for a mixed group of friends to relax at.

The hotel property is beautiful but the staff lack common courtesy"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of July 2009

Good get-away from Cairo, ok hotel

"Stella di mare is 1 - 1.5 hours from Cairo and allows for a great weekend getaway. The hotel rooms, grounds and pools were clean. The resort is layed out around 4 pools (3 small, 1 large) which means that most rooms have direct access to a pool. We spent one full day in the small pool right outside our room, it was calm and very relaxing. The quality of the buffet meals is average, however there is enough variety to satisfy everyone. The indian and italian restaurants were not of the best quality.

We had slight problems with room service, a marguerita pizza took 1h15min to arrive at our room! However our biggest issue was with the clinic, unfortunately my husband experienced chest pains one evening. I called the reception to ask that the doctor come to our room, they were totally confused about what to do and told us that he would not come and that we had to walk to the clinic. After some discussion they sent a cart to pick which took more than 10 minutes to arrive. The doctor showed up at the clinic 15 minutes later. Luckily it wasn't anything serious or the staff would not have been able to handle the emergency.

200 EGP allows for a 6pm check-out giving you the opportunity to use the beach and pool for the entire last day of your stay."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

Stella sea club nightmare

"My husband and i have recently returned from a 1 week all inclusive stay at the stella sea club resort in Egypt, from day 1 we felt disappointed and by day 2 my husband was ready to come home.
Once in the resort you check in and part of the all inclusive package means your given these silly colour wrist bands that you must wear at all times, please note that wearing these means when you want a drink or something to eat you are kept waiting a very long time. Those not wearing them get served straight away, in the end we took them off and funny enough got served every time and the food portions suddenly got bigger.
The main restaurant is a huge let down, it was hosting a corporate function throughout our weeks stay and finding a table to eat at was sometimes quite a chore and none of the waiting staff would help you find a free table.
It was my husbands birthday while we were there and so we decided to arrange a meal at the indian restaurant set in the resort. This is when things got really bad we were served up raw chicken which we only discovered after we had eaten half of it, my husband complained to the hotel manager and restaurant manager, there response was to give us a plate a fresh fruit the following morning, needless to say my husband and i were not in the mood to eat anything.
The whole holiday was disappointing,the service was terrible and the food was appalling. We love e Egypt and we have been before but decided to try and different resort. We wish we had stuck to the place we know and love in Taba Heights, where the people, the food and the service are outstanding.
The only compliment we can give is to British airways they were fantastic and we even got upgraded on our flight home.
All in all its safe to say we will NEVER return to the STELLA SEA CLUB"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of January 2008

Sea Club Ain Sokhna - Average only

"A 4 star hotel located adjacent to and 50 meters from the Stella Di Marie Hotel (5 star) which is the better of the two hotels.

The Sea Club is not on the beach but a 5 minute stroll or a quick free petrol "train" ride to the beach which is the same beach as the Stella Di Marie guest use only you get a different coloured towel. The sun loungers are plastic without soft squabs so are very uncomfortable after a while.

We had a long weekend at the Club at the end of Nov. 2007. It was full of guests attending the Arab League conference.

I had researched all I could find on the web about this hotel and did not find anything which said "no food, water or other drink was to be taken into the hotel".
Security at the hotel entrance alerted the hotel staff that we had a bacon and egg pie (freshly baked) for our w/e away. (We live in Egypt) They wanted to confiscate the pie and a banana! I protested and asked to see the manager. He examined the pie and waved us through! Not a good start and poor PR. The hotel is a good 4 star building with a small gym and nice pools. The rooms are adequate but their design ensures a lot of noise from banging doors and from the room above. You can hear all activity from the room above so if you are noise sensitive ask for the top level of the villa which have 4 or more rooms in each one. We had ear plugs which helped a little especially with the banging doors in the tunnel like concrete structures. The pools and garden are immaculate. The food on a half board (breakfast and dinner) arrangement is terrible. The selection is poor, the layout is poor and the service only average. At the dinner meal no liquids are provided, not even water and have to be purchased. The staff are pleasant over all but mostly you have to make the first move.

At this time of the year (winter) it can be cloudy. The beach can be windy and quite cool. It is better by a sheltered pool. The water was fresh but OK for a quick dip. Very shallow and few fish. The sand is a course brown sand, not as nice as the beaches west of Alexandria.

If you play golf the Golf Hotel close by has a lovely course and driving range. We would not go back to the Sea Club. It is too noisy and the food is not good enough. It is a conference hotel being close to Cairo and the risk of having hundreds of conference goers is too great. We only stayed there because the Stella Di Marie was fully booked. Hope this helps you with your trip planning."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of December 2007

My Husband and I went to Egypt on a very...

"My Husband and I went to Egypt on a very belated Honeymoon.

We can only say that the Resort, Staff, Food, Rooms and everthing about the Sea Club Stella Di Mare far exceeded our expectations.

The staff were always friendly and very helpfull and were always happy to chat about their Egyptian Culture and enjoyed hearing all about our's.

The room was 10/10 and was cleaned every day, a 2ltr bottle of water was placed in our bar fridge every day at no extra charge.

The beach was the most beautiful place to be, it was cleaned every evening after everyone had left and the deck chairs were always waiting for you in the morning.

The Buffet Restaurant offered a large variety of local and international foods, and even when the resort was very busy there was always more than enough to go around.

Service is very important to me as I have been in the service industry for the past 20 years and I can say without hesitation that the service we received from everyone at the Resort was exceptional and they could teach some of our resorts in South Africa more than a thing or two.

We WILL DEFINATELY be going back to our beautiful resort in the future and this time we will be taking the kids with as there is more than enough entertainment for Children.

• Travel date: Thu 14th of February 2008

My husband and I have recently returned...

"My husband and I have recently returned from a 1 week all inclusive stay at the Stella Sea Club Resort in Egypt, from day 1 we felt disappointed and by day 2 my husband was ready to come home.

On arrival at the resort you will find an oil refinery on one side and a gas plant on the other. Once in the resort you check in and part of the all inclusive package means your given these silly wrist bands that you must wear at all times, please note that wearing these means when you want a drink or something to eat you are kept waiting a very long time. Those not wearing them get served straight away, in the end we took them off and funny enough got served every time and the food portions suddenly got bigger.

It was my husbands birthday while we were there and so we decided to arrange a meal at the Indian restaurant set in the resort. This is when things got really bad we were served up raw chicken which we only discovered after we had eaten half of it, my husband complained to the hotel manager and restaurant manager, their response was to give us a plate a fresh fruit the following morning, needless to say my husband and I were not in the mood to eat anything.

The whole holiday was disappointing, the service was terrible and the food was appalling. We love Egypt and we have been before but decided to try and different resort. We wish we had stuck to the place we know and love in Taba Heights, where the people, food and the service are outstanding.

The only compliment we can give is to British Airways they were fantastic and we even got upgraded on our flight home.

All in all its safe to say we will NEVER return to the STELLA SEA CLUB."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of January 2008

It was amazing we got a lovely tan and t...

"It was amazing we got a lovely tan and the bathrooms are clean the room is organised and cold the beach is clean and fresh. There are some jellyfishes and tiny rocks but they didn’t bother you allot.

The food is amazing and the lemon juice served at the beach bar is yummy make to get your sun block with you to reapply generously because you will get a sun burn and dry skin just like I did!

People there are very open minded many Europeans some middle eastern.

The arcade club and movie theatre within the resort are fun, so are the water sports such as canoeing banana boat water skiing, have fun!

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Beautiful, long and extra clean sand bea...

"Beautiful, long and extra clean sand beach with clear water. Resort with extraordinary nature, a lot of palms, paradise flowers. So many pools it is like a lake, with hot and therapy water.

All inclusive depends: 3 meals at the main restaurant (excellent food), Lebanon and Indian restaurant, fast food at the beach, drinks, sun beds and towels.

I have been there for 2 weeks (16 days) and spent a great time there. Lots of fun.

Love Egypt!

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

Hotels near Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna

Stayed at Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna? Share your insight.

Stella Di Mare Sea Club Hotel, Ain Sukhna is also called