Navigator of the Seas

• Passengers 3686
  • Decks 15
  • Launch Year 2002
  • Registry Bahamas

Navigator of the Seas traveller reviews

Initial review of the first concepts and...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of May 2007

"Initial review of the first concepts and disappointment with Royal Caribbean 'Navigator of the Seas' departing from Southampton on May 5 2007.

The disgraceful policy of security checks to ensure that we had not bought any alcohol onboard. They may even inspect our mouthwash - wow! Mouthwash contains a percentage of alcohol.

I might fancy buying a bottle of local wine in Barcelona to enjoy in my cabin but it will be confiscated on boarding to ensure that I only buy their drinks, with the sting of their 15% service charge.

Tipping? Don't subscribe to their attempt to subsidise their crew with their suggested rates. Don't pre-pay for tipping. Don't allow it to go on your Cruise Card.

Go to the Customer Services desk and tell them that you may tip in cash at the end of the cruise, if you have received service above and beyond what you expected, and have already paid for on the trip.

I am already beginning to doubt the wisdom of my choice of Royal Caribbean. No such restrictions and subtle pressure from British P & O."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Just arrived home from 2 weeks on the Na...

Reviewed Tue 12th of December 2006

"Just arrived home from 2 weeks on the Navigator of the Seas around the Caribbean.

Ship is wonderful the food fantastic the service in general good apart from the pursers desk who are like zombies and programmed. We travelled with First Choice Travel and many people we spoke to had booked with them also.

We made our booking over a year ago and were given 100$ on board credit per cabin and were told to make it known to Royal Caribbean on arrival.

We did and after many visits to the pursers desks and taking a copy of an email from First Choice, stating this fact and having a ship to Grimsby phone call from the purses desk, we were told that the deposit we had paid for our holiday was our on board credit.

We pointed out at this stage they were pounds not dollars. Finally we received what was due to us, but no apology and still some people we had meet didn't receive theirs.

We had a wonderful holiday and this in no way would have spoiled our vacation, but felt their customer care skills need to be improved we are not children and are educated adults.

The islands we visited were beautiful and the holiday a great success. The only other setback was the time it took to check in on arrival at the ship. Some 2 hours in line you go through countless checks."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of December 2006

We went on the back to back Caribbean cr...

Good
Reviewed Sat 6th of May 2006

"We went on the back to back Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. We went on Navigator & it was absolutely superb. I cannot fault the ship or crew. The cruise director was hilarious & I would recommend going however the journey from Heathrow to Miami was awful as a lot of people had to be parted & sit miles away from their family as BA had overbooked the plane & had no intention of helping anyone.

When we arrived the checking in for Navigator was very long winded. They say its quicker if you do it online but we found that it made no difference at all. It took us approx 2 hours to finally get on board but others were hanging around far longer. I have to say that after all that you soon forgot all about it once you step foot on board. Dressing up for formal was great. I recommend the two poets for an afternoon drink. The staff are so lovely.

One of my highlights was going on a speedboat called screaming eagle. It was fast, oh & by the way your ticket will say you MAY get wet. Trust me you get SOAKED! Wow that was worth every penny & guess what ladies the guy taking you out is a dead ringer for Brad Pitt! Worth it even for that. Anyway you must visit the Everglades. You get right up close with them. Lunch is provided! Navigator sails into Labadee which is their own island. Beautiful. This was an amazing experience & I would recommend it to everyone. Try & go for an outside cabin if you can. We had one overlooking the promenade. Really nice but would of preferred the outside cabin.

Well what are you waiting for. The journey home is long & some people lost their luggage & to this day have not received it & I did feel that once you had got off the ship the staff did not seem too keen to help those with problems so be wary of that. Next year I have booked a med cruise so will let you know how I get on."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of May 2006

Other Royal Caribbean Cruises ships

Stayed on Navigator of the Seas ? Share your insight.