We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Sea Princess

This large ship has been adapted to British tastes and has a warm intimate feel yet a wide range of spacious public rooms. The four deck high atrium lobby and the use of a lot of glass on the upper decks provides light and space to the ship interiors.

Key details

3.5
Above average

Great fun

Good

"The cruise was enjoyable and refreshing. This is my 3rd cruise. Sleeping in room A506 was difficult at times due to a neighboring engine/pump room. It would vibrate and hiss 3:30 am in the morning that kept me and my mom up. We also notice the buffet and quality/variety of food has been scaled down a great deal which was dearly miss. But overall a fun vacation and excellent service. One server Harold Mino would go the extra mile and always remember everybody's drink/dessert preference. He was always helpful and friendly.

• Travel date: Tue 24th of July 2012

good holiday - but rude old people with no manners

Good

"Looking for a different type of holiday for our party of nine,as we were celebrating various birthdays and retirements, we decided to go on our first cruise. The boat was lovely and the staff were fantastic. We had three children aged 9,11 and 13. My only complaint is nothing to do with Princess Cruises but the rude, arrogant, demanding British people that were on board - and yes i am British!!! I felt very embarrassed to be British on a number of occassions, My children would not have behaved in this manner so why do the older folk believe they dont have to queue, a gentleman should open the door for a lady not go through and shut it behind them, and yes if i do something nice for someone i would expect them to say thank you. The kids were moaned at for splashing in the pool by adults sunbathing directly next to it - why didn't they use the adult only areas as there was no family areas!! All in all these people were probably in the minority as we also met some lovely people. The Islands we visited were lovely and i would definitely look into going on a beach holiday to some of them. Our favorite Islands were Grand Turk and St Lucia.
The service and food were very good, and we expecially enjoyed the sail away."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of May 2011

Best holiday ever

"We have just returned from a Carribean Cruise with Sea Princess, it was 14 days of complete relaxation and I can't say enough about the Sea Princess, it was wonderful.
They couldn't do enough for you, the room was kept beautifully, every time we cam back to our room there was always clean towels awaiting us. The food was excellent along with all the facilities on the ship. This was our first cruise so we had nothing to compare it with, but I have no hesitation to book up again with Princess Cruises.
Keep up the good work Princess Cruises."

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of April 2011

Best Cruise for ages

"We have recently returned from a Caribbean cruise on Sea Princess and can honestly say that it certainly ticked all the boxes.
The staff on board were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and the food was superb. Our balcony cabin was scrupulously clean as was the rest of the ship.
Above all the ship was not full of loud mouthed Yanks so we were able to enjoy quieter moments and always managed to find space round the pools. Well done Princess, lets have more cruises at this standard."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of March 2011

Benidorm takes to the sea...

"Much like the islands we visited on our cruise holiday, this ship appeared to have been invaded by the British. Unlike most of the islands that have since gained their independence from the British, saidly this ship has not.
Not only was the ship filled to capicity, 99 percent of the tourists were British and as such, the ship's cruise director felt it only best to please this crowd.
Roll on the English national anthem and union jack flag waving, English Premiership football on the big screen that was designed for movies and people that clearly do not know what sun lotion is, judging by the amount of pink, lobster like people that decorated the poolside everyday. Or at least most of the day when they had decided not to go to the 24 hour buffet or get a beer and leave their towel on the sun loungers.
At night, we were "treated" to one night only performances by sad rejects from 6 or 7 years ago that appeared on BGT or X-Factor. A few comedians that no one had heard of (and nor should they have as they were awful). And lets not forget in the Crooners Bar...it has to be believed to be seen how bad the singer is in this bar.
Entertainment aside, the service from the maids was first class. But that is about the only good thing you could say about this ship.
During dinner you are always hassled to buy some wine or another drink from the bar, so the waiters can get their gratuity tip. You can opt out of paying these but the staff sometimes make you feel a bit awkward if you leave no tip. It didn't bother me as I had paid enough for this crusie already without tipping staff every two minutes.
Everytime you leave the ship in port, the photography team will annoy you to have your picture taken against a fake background rather than actually taking it with a real background behind you!
What my partner and I found really confusing was the contrst from day - noisy kids taking up all the pool space and slobs sleeping on the sun loungers. Then you go to night time and a lot of people are wearing suits and dinner dresses.
Not that it matters if you dress up nice because your clothes will get covered in smoke from the constant cigar and pipe smoke that lingers all over the ship.
Regardless of the few nice couples we met who agreed they only went to experience the islands and not stay on the boat all day, and believe me there are a lot of people that do this. I'm not having a dig at anyone with regards to wealth or lack of it, it is purely the way people did or didn't conduct themselves on this ship.
You will find a lot of nice staff but few tourists you can have a good time with.
We had the pleasure of seeing the next gang of Brits storm the ship as our flight back home was delayed by some 5 hours and as such, we had to stay on the ship a little bit longer.
Cruise ships should have some degree of class to them but this one does not have any. This was clear from my conversation with Peter, the cruise director. After we complained about the poor entertainment, he told me that we were in the minority, along with the 40 or so other people that were not from the UK and it did not matter if we were not enjoying the entertainmen provided. The holiday is what I make it he told me, but how can it be if he is controlling the acts that play at night!"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of March 2011

Just what a cruise should be

"Have just returned from two week cruise and agree with the last reviewer, Tango. The crew were excellent, had the daily gratuity deduction removed from my account without any trouble (like to reward the staff I think deserve it). Every request was met with a smile, this was my second cruise with Sea Princess and it lived up to my expectations. I thought my fellow passengers were extremely friendly and always moved along the rows in the theatre so that everyone had a seat.
I look forward to my next cruise with Princess."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of February 2011

Good fun - relaxing holiday

Good

"Treat some of the reviews below with a pinch of salt these are clearly from people with obvious issues that did not affect the majority of passengers and should not detract from what was a good holiday on a decent cruiseship.

We found everyone onboard helpful and courteous and the the steward maintained our cabin throughout at a high standard and with good humour. There was a full programme of daily events and the evening entertainment was enjoyable. The ship isn't the newest but everything worked in all the areas we spent some time either at the poolside or areas which included sun loungers.

I find the criticism of fellow passengers by other reviewers unfair and sums up the small minority of people you do find on cruises as I found this not to be the case the people I met were friendly from all backgrounds.

There are parts of the dining areas that can get busy but a little patience is all that is required and the food was by and large excellent.

We chose our Island visits as we found them, mostly organising our own offshore trips which were quite enjoyable.

The more effort we put into this cruise the more we got out of it simple as that and I'll look forward to booking again."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of February 2011

Not for singles

"Just completed the Sea Princess Cruise in the Carribbean.

I have traveled with about 12 different cruise lines over the years & the trip provided the best & worst of things.

Good Points
1)Food Above average
2)Best Song & dance shows I have seen at sea, with a proper theatre to see them in
3)Friendly entertainment staff who did make you feel special & not just one of a crowd

Bad points
1) Italian restaurant would not provide water FOC unlike in the other restaurants & wanted to charge $15 to drink our own drink that we had won on board
2) Smoking is allowed in the casino & in the nightclub. (Why can't they comply with British smoking laws since most of the passengers come from the UK)
3) Trying to find a seat in the buffet restaurant was a nightmare. When you are travelling by yourself & get up from your seat to get the next course, your seat has been taken by somebody else.
4) Worst attempt to provide activities for singles of any cruise I have been on.
5) If you wern't in the theatre about 30 minutes before a show you wouldn't find a seat

Conclusion
If you are a non smoking single who likes disco dancing look somewhere else !! Perhaps most singles already knew this as there were very few on the cruise compared to other cruise lines"

• Travel date: Fri 28th of January 2011

lovely but....

"Just back from 10-25th Jan Caribbean........a mixed bag. Food and service outstanding, lovely places to visit and management of boarding etc smooth as silk. Philippino staff wonderful. An evening in port would have been chance to sample local evening out... Bit disappointing to be unable to enjoy nightclub/casino because of smoke. Dance teachers good but little opportunity to try dances out - no taxi dancers. Not great for singles. No tennis/deck games and no classical music - just 'easy listening' ugh! Biggest negative was the sight of so many grossly obese people - never done many package holidays so came as shock to me! Would cruise again but not this ship."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of January 2011

dissapointing

"After a awfull flight due to Travel Agent which took 22hrs We were left at airport for another four hours becauase they dont start picking u passengers till 12 noon. As a party of 10 we had kept them informed but we were just left in the sun to wait.
When we reached the ship we were told my daughters young baby was to young to board they had all the information before we left and told us nothing.
When we finally were allowed to board we ended up missing three ports of call because of the weather no compensation was ever offerded and very thing is at the discretion of the company.
Would i cruise with princess cruises again deffinately not after 7 cruises this was my worst experiance with a cruise company. I also would not use there agent again Thomas Cook after spending over 10,000 pounds we were treated like third rate customers

J West"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of January 2011

I agree fully with the two reviews below re Sea Princess

"Just got back from Sea Princess and yes it is at best a 3 star spanish hotel with 5 star prices.
The two reviews below of the same ship are 100% accurate, we paid £5500 upgraded cabin and flight - never again
If you are looking at reviews only look at the past 2 or 3 months re Sea Princess "

• Travel date: Thu 13th of January 2011

Benidorm on the Sea!!

"We have just returned from a cruise on Sea Princess around the southern Caribbean. The flight was fine in the premium cabin and we booked a mini suite on board and were very glad that we did for the extra space although the cabin and various parts of the ship were very tired indeed. e.g many cracked tiles on our bathroom floor and the carpet on the balcony was so filthy that it was replaced next day without a murmur!!
To be honest, if you want to lie 2 inches away from the next sunbed by the pool and watch English football on a giant screen with constant full tilt volume this cruise will suit you fine!!There is a small area on board called Sanctuary (very apt!!!) and for an extra charge we booked two sunbeds there for the whole two weeks, it was money very well spent!! The staff throughout the ship were cheerful and helpful, although the language from some of the other passengers was at times ripe to put it bluntly, the passengers I would say were approximately 95% British!!!!!!!!!!!! Food was pretty good although Anytime Dining does not mean that, what it means is that the head waiter in the Rigoletto dining room will seat you where he has space and not at a time to suit you!! The Horizon buffet food was good although finding a table at lunchtimes was always problematic as the ship was full to capacity. Apart from two snorkeling trips which we organised through the ship, we aranged our own excursions when we landed at each port and saved an absolute fortune, and avoided the herds!!
Would we cruise with Princess again, almost certainly not, it was not to a standard that we expected and the comedian the first night in the theatre really sunk to the depths.Some of the musical shows were fine, the best of all being the staff talent show which was brilliant!
Prices in The Spa are truly horrendous and not carried out in a very professional manner, my massage in a very cramped cubicle was not particularly enjoyable and the floor was dirty!
Smoking was allowed in the Casino where you could also play board games and the smell of smoke made this very unpleasant so we gave up on that.
Good points and bad points but not of the standard we are used to on other cruise lines that we have used and shall not be going with Princess again!!"

• Travel date: Tue 28th of December 2010

Other Princess Cruises ships

Stayed on Sea Princess ? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sea Princess

• "Relax and enjoy the entertainment…"

A satisfied Brit by A satisfied Brit
  • "Go to this part of the world but on another cruise ship.…"

Sun addict by Sun addict
  • "Would not like to cruise on a ship much bigger than this…"

Cassie by Cassie
  • "very low quality of everything …"

Derek & Joan by Derek & Joan
  • "Avoid if you do not want to watch football by the pool!!!…"

perfect60s by perfect60s
  • "Read into things before you book…"

Sunlover by Sunlover
  • "yes aruba panama etc …"

basil and sybil by basil and sybil
  • "Sterling Steak House, Cayo Laventado (off Samana) St Marten. St Thomas and Greneda…"

Gill and Tim by Gill and Tim
  • "Just do it - its fantastic…"

Gill and Tim by Gill and Tim
  • "loved doing the tours, although did not do the ones from the ship…"

elizabethb by elizabethb
  • "I wolud have no hesitation in recommending the ship.…"

elizabethb by elizabethb
  • "The variety of the islands…"

Barrow Boy by Barrow Boy
  • "trivarta, and top deck, swimming with the stigrays, and the turtle farm.…"

bezzer by bezzer
  • "its a lofely ship and the captain and his crew are wonderfull …"

bezzer by bezzer
  • "We had the set dining but also called in at the self service all was excellent…"

lynnster by lynnster
  • "go and have a fantastic time…"

lynnster by lynnster