Grand Star

Nile Cruises

Sailing aboard the Grand Star, this fascinating cruise takes in some of the most stunning sights in the world, including the Luxor Temple and the Valley of the Kings. Explore 5000 years of Egyptian civilisation on a journey down one of the world's most beautiful and famous rivers. This fascinating cruise captures the romance of the Nile between Luxor and Aswan, bringing to life the sights, sounds and historical splendours of this ancient kingdom.

Grand Star traveller reviews

holiday heaven

Reviewed Tue 20th of April 2010

"my family and i had a fantastic holiday, jan,14th 2008 we stepped onto the grandstar cruise ship in luxor and we were greeted with friendliness and kindness, everyone made us welcome and couldn't do enough for us. the entertainment was fantastic, the food was beautiful. we had so much fun, the egyptian people are the most friendliest and there sense of humour is second to none!!. the excursions were brilliant and we were well looked after at all times. We talked about this cruise long after we came home. I would recommend this holiday to everyone without hesitation, take the plunge you won't regret it!! "

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2010

we have just come back from a holiday of...

Reviewed Tue 12th of February 2008

"we have just come back from a holiday of a life time what can i say every thing was fantastic the staff couldent do eough for you the rooms or should i say cabins were cleaned 2 times a day in the evenings when you went back to youe=rm cabins you would find allsorts of things made out for towels clothe ect fantastic i carnt fault it at all even getting up at silly oclock was worth it the things you see are out of this world even just to sit on deck and watch the world go by i can not recomend it high eought even the rep chrissy was a joy very freindly and helpful nothing to much trouble over all fantastic "

• Travel date: Tue 12th of February 2008

From the moment of stepping onto the cru...

Reviewed Wed 31st of January 2007

"From the moment of stepping onto the cruise ship you are in luxurious surroundings.

The rooms are of a very high standard, in line with the 5 star comfort rating of the ship.

The staff will do anything they possibly can to make your stay on board special. The trips that are included are very interesting, well organised and well worth getting up for.

There are also additional trips available for an extra payment including a balloon ride.

Unfortunately I did not have enough funds to do all the additional trip's I would have liked to, apart from the sound and light show at the Philae temple. This was an experience I am glad I had.

The variety and standard of food is excellent from breakfast to the gala dinner. On board entertainment is also good with the chance to dress up in traditional Egyptian costume, which I have to say was great fun.

One thing I have to say, I was a little surprised at, even though it was all inclusive, even soft drinks are not included in the price, apart from afternoon tea which is served on the sun deck every afternoon.

Not to be missed at any cost is the sunset's on the Nile. If you are looking for a holiday were you can mix some sight seeing, with the feeling of relaxation, then this cruise is for you.

The massage available on the sun deck is also definitely worth a try too."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of January 2007

On arrival at our ship we where delighte...

Reviewed Mon 30th of October 2006

"On arrival at our ship we where delighted with the luxurious decor of this wonderful craft. The cabin was well furnished and very clean even providing towels for on deck for sun bathing.

We were intrigued to find amazing towel sculptures on the bed on return from dinner these ranged from an elephant to a man reading, amazing. The staff could not do enough for us nothing was too much trouble and they were friendly and courteous at all times and made a special effort with a young boy at our table showing him tricks and giving him little puzzles. They clearly love children.

Our Egyptologist (mish mish) was informative and enthusiastic about all the tours he took us on and taught us lots of interesting facts we didn't know before. The food was excellent and there were lots of choice and lots of food! Afternoon tea and cakes served on deck at 3.00 as well as the usual meals. I loved everything about this trip and would love to return."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of October 2006

Other Nile Cruises ships

Stayed on Grand Star ? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Grand Star

• "it's out of this world do it!!…"

zelda by zelda