Grand Glory

Soak up the stunning scenery and thousands of years of civilisation from the comfort of the sun deck on board one of the ships in the 'Grand' fleet. Full board is available on MS Grand or similar, MS Grand Sun superior cruise or similar. All-inclusive is available on MS Grand Glory or similar and MS Suntimes superior cruise ship.

Good

The boat was superb, not sure what I exp...

"The boat was superb, not sure what I expected but I was blown away just walking onto it, it felt like walking into a very nice small hotel. Food onboard was good if just a little boring at times but you could always find something to eat and feel you could eat it safely. Star of the show was the chef who cooked the eggs at breakfast and provided his own little animal noise cabaret to the ladies. Overall the crew could not have been friendlier and wanted to look after your smallest need. Our guide (Nabil) was very knowledgable and obviously proud of Egypt both ancient and modern (rightly so I think). The schedule although tiring at times was obviously designed to allow us to see the most we could in a week and I came back feeling we certainly had. I wouldn't recommend the trip for small children as they would get bored on the historic visits but if you want to see Egypt in comfort then this is the sort of trip you want. "

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

Well what can I say, this type of cruise...

"Well what can I say, this type of cruise is well worth doing if you want to see real Egypt.
I went with husband and we were a bit worried about what to expect, but when we arrived everything was fine. The boat did not look much from the outside, but the facilities and accomodation were of a very high standard.

Our egyptologist Magic looked after our group of 16 British, and I have to say he was 1st class he made our holiday.

The food was not the best, but you could always find something to eat and the drinks were limited, beer and wine.

Staff were great room boy did something different with your towels everyday.

A tip of £17.00 per person is asked for at the start of your holiday to save tipping as you go.

If you want some history of Egypt and the tombs this is a must.

Met some nice people and had a lot of fun along the way."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of February 2008

My husband, brother and sister in law ha...

"My husband, brother and sister in law had a wonderful holiday on board the Grand Glory. We have all recommended it to other people. The staff were excellent, they were all very friendly. We will book this holiday again.

After such a excellent week we were very disappointed with the second week but the staff in the hotel were very nice. Shame about the holiday rep she should of been named me me."

• Travel date: Fri 11th of January 2008

I would just like to say that my wife, m...

"I would just like to say that my wife, my son & I spent a wonderful week on board the MS Grand Glory from 26/09/07 to 3/10/07 (onto Cairo afterwards then Hurghada for the remainder).

Our week on the boat was by far the best part of the holiday. From the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost care and attention, nothing was too much trouble for these guys and always done with a smile on their faces. One or two of the service staff shone in particular but this does not mean that the others were in any way inadequate. Faultless and fantastic is the only way we can sum up the cruise.

I would also like to give a special thanks to our tour guide Ahmed Kellway for his limitless knowledge, detail and professionalism whilst enlightening us all to the mysteries of Egypt. His job during our week was made especially difficult by the confrontational demands of one very awkward holiday maker which did not deter Ahmed from performing to an exceptional standard above and beyond our expectations. It only raises the question of just how good this guy really is when not undermined by an ignorant fool. Well done Ahmed and thanks!

We would definitely consider returning to Egypt and would only hope our stay would be as enjoyable as it was this time.

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of November 2007

This cruise is absolutly the best there...

"This cruise is absolutly the best there is, the ship i thought opulent in every way, its well maintained and you will be surprised you would think you were in a land based hotel.

The rooms are cool and light. Well looked after by the chamber staff and if you leave items out they will use them to make towel animals and figures they are very imaginative.

All the staff on-board were well mannered and could not do enough to help the food is out of this world. But watch the weight the pastry chef is one of the best.

I cannot praise the ship or the staff enough they made our holiday on to never forget and made us fall in love with Egypt we will be going again and for another cruise."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

My partner and I have recently returned...

"My partner and I have recently returned from a two week twin centre hoilday to Egypt. The first week we spent cruising the Nile on the Grand Glory, which surpassed all my expectations, and the second week week spent in Hurguarda which was a disapointment, but that's in another review.

The weeks cruise on the Nile is possibly the best holiday I have ever been on.

The ship was lovely, high standard of decoration and maintenance throughout.

The crew were exceptional and helped contribute to our enjoyment of the holiday.

The pre-paid excursions, (although early starts) were well selected, with informative guides and the times allocated at each were just right.

The guides were very helpful as regards to pretty inevitable stomach upsets. There were opportunities to go the pharamacy to buy necessary tablets as British products are not effective in Egypt.

I have kept this review purposely short because we experienced no problems and would recommend this holiday to others. "

• Travel date: Sat 1st of September 2007

The staff were excellent. They would tal...

"The staff were excellent. They would talk to you if you wanted or leave you to relax.

The ship was very clean and rooms cleaned twice a day.

We went for our 20th wedding anniversary and the ship made it a very special day. We went with our 2 daughters of 14 and 18 and they were treated very well and respected by all.

The people from England were very comfortable with being part of a team when visiting Temples making sure we never lost or left anyone behind. We got use to being spoilt that we missed it when we came home.

We were told not to make eye contact with locals and not talk to them. I cannot ignore people and would say hello, especially to the children who were practising there English and their mothers would welcome us as we showed respect for their children.

The food on the ship was labelled and written in English, German and Egyptian. There was lots of choice and lots of it. Nothing was too much trouble.

We did have some problems but this was due to the hot weather and sometimes not wearing sunglasses. We had taken some pink liquid and tablet form with us, and it was very good and we visited everything and did everything including the 3.30am start to Abul Simbel.

The convoy of between 60 - 90 coaches brilliant and something to experience.

We have already booked to return again on the Nile in October and include Cairo this time."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of April 2007

Other Nile Cruises ships

Stayed on Grand Glory ? Share your insight.