MSC Splendida

• Registry Panama

3.5
Above average
Good

Spotlessly clean..what a cruise, we loved it!

"Spotlessly clean. Attentive staff.Fantastic choice and quality of food both in Buffet and Restaurant. Free slasa/merengue classes with a live band in the AFT LOUNGE and fun cabaret shows-they got us all up dancing the Conga!My parents preferred to be quiet in the Foyer with brandys listening to the String quartets/jazz quartets/Opera singers and loved it.The room I shared with my partner was cleaned and tidied 2 to 3 times a day, fresh towels&complimentary soaps/shampoos/shower gels topped up several times times a day free of charge. It was lovely coming back to our balcony cabin after dinner- staff had dimmed the lights, laid out my nightie, folded back the covers..really lovely. They delivered our luggage to our cabin door on arrival, and we left our luggage outside the door to be collected on departure.We didn´t have to struggle with heavy cases either on the day of arrival or of departure. We all loved that.Our next MSC cruise will be my Mothers 3rd...!"

• Travel date: Sat 10th of August 2013

Spledid Indeed!

"We have just returned from one weeks Med cruise leaving from Geneoa, the ship is beautiful, very luxurious, extremley clean and looks brand new. The food is lovely, we ate at our allotted table in the a la carte restaurant every night. The staff are without doubt exceptional! Your every need is catered for, they are attentive, happy and remember your drinks (no mean feat when there are 3500 other passengers!)We were upgraded to a balcony suite and it was superb, again I cannot fault it. We were all inclusive and I would reccommend that if it is available - do this! Drinks are expensive but on an all inclusive deal this is not a problem, you will still receive the same branded drinks and cocktails as paying guests (a real treat for all inclusive!) The cocktails are amazing and to be reccommended. The only down side is the sheer volume of people on board when you have your day at sea, we managed to get sunbeds without any problem, but I did notice a couple of people who seemed out of luck! The photographers are very talented, would reccommend buying at least one picture! Dress code, we had two formal nights and spent a great deal of money purchasing cocktail dresses and tuxedos for the nights, I was somewhat disappointed that not everyone made the effort and feel that MSC should enforce the suggessted dress code for each evening, having said tha, I would say most people did comply and only a very few did not. If you are worried about what to take and don't have formal wear, don't let this put you off as it didn't seem to matter. Excursions - very expensive! We did not do any of the organised trips but saved a small fortune doing it on our own, at every port it is very easy to get a taxi or shuttle bus into town. Rome, we got the shuttle bus and then bought a very cheap ( 6 euros each way) ticket to the centre. Tunis, we hired a cab to take us around the main sites. Barcelona - we got on the open top bus and got the bus in. All very easy and good fun, lots of other people doing the same - so nothing to worry about. All in all a very good holiday and would definately go with MSC again. "

• Travel date: Tue 17th of July 2012

Never Again

"We booked a cruise round med leaving from Rome. Tour operator Cruise 118 were very good. the ship itself was as superb as its name. The cabins were quite large for a cruise linr and we were upgraded to a balcony as I am disabled, very clean and cleaned twice a day. The food however was the worst food I have ever been served on a cruise. the waiters in the dining room were not very pleasant and food was literally thrown at us. We only went to the buffet once and that was once too much. we had been advised to buy a drinks package before we went and believe me it was worth its weight in gold.
the other issue was the rudeness of the passengers - we would be first to get on the lift but never made it as other passengers just pushedd their way i ignoring my obvious disability. Also kids went free and you could not get a sunbed around the pool due to the kids taking them.

It was supposed to be holiday of a lifetime for my husbands sister who was celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary with all their family who had all flown from the states but it was spoiled with the restaurant attitude and poor food.

our advice from one side of the Atlantic to the other don't go on the Splendida"

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2010

Other MSC Cruises ships

Stayed on MSC Splendida ? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for MSC Splendida

• "Go to the Buffet for lunch and breakfast-superb panoramic ocean views! …"

Sophie A by Sophie A