Marella DreamMarella Cruises
Marella Dream Overview
The Marella Dream is known for its spaciousness and brilliant selection of facilities, with lounges, restaurants, and bars that are characterised by a classiness and elegance requiring an upbeat dress code. Smaller than the Discovery and Explorer, the Dream is more about an intimate and quality experience, with 6 restaurants, 9 bars, 2 pools, and 767 cabins in total.
On the entertainment front, the ship comes with plus show lounge sets, giving it a West End-style glam that can be felt throughout the entire experience. There are also UK comedy acts, musical performances, and hidden bars that make it a romantic and secluded getaway for any kind of couple.
By day, there is plenty to do and see for the whole family, so parents can rest assured that they are going to get their much needed me-time and break from the kids while they sit back at one of the award-winning pools with a cocktail in hand.
The MS Marella Dream is a cruise ship owned by TUI UK Ltd., operated under Marella Cruises. The first model was built in 1986 at the Meyer Werft Shipyard in Germany, known as the MS Homeric for Home Lines. In 1988, Holland America Line renamed the ship the MS Westerdam, and in 2002, she was transferred to the fleet of Costa Cruises and renamed the MS Costa Europa. In 2010, she received the name we know and love today, as the last new build for Home Lines that exists in active service today.
In 2017, following the announcement that Thomson Cruises would rebrand as Marella Cruises, that’s when the Thomson Dream became the “Dream” or the Marella Dream today.
- Crew: 650 Passengers: 1506
- Pools: 2 Adults only options: Pool
- Launch Year 2012
- Registry Italy
- Cabins 767
- Decks 9
About Marella Dream
Things to do
The Marella Dream is all about helping individuals connect, mingle, and have fun on-board. That’s why the ship is stocked with lounges and common areas, like the Tides venue that is a convenient place to meet friends. In the evening, listen to the grand piano and singer soloists as they usher you towards the one of many dance floors. Head on over to the Medusa Lounge & Bar, known as the ship’s largest lounge on-board. With floor to ceiling windows, bright and airy ambience, and spectacular views, it’s one of the best places to sit back and watch the world pass you by. Don’t forget to ask about the live band and spotlight cabaret schedule, as well as the dance floor. Every week, game shows and bingo as well can take place there, right next to the well-stocked bar in the corner.
There are other lounge options as well, including the Water’s Edge for post-dinner drinks and hangouts. Dance until the early hours, reserve a roulette table, and tango or disco your way to the casino at night or during the day. Enjoy the nearby terrace with a drink in hand as you grab pictures that you will never forget. Don’t forget about the Explorers’ Lounge, with huge table lamps and big solid tables coupled with low lighting that makes a smooth and laid back area to just take everything in.
By day, make your way over to one of many pool bars that will ensure you never go a moment without a delicious island drink in hand.
Lastly, book a show at the Broadway Lounge, or test your luck at the on-board casino, providing endless entertainment options you’ll want to try over and over again.
Like all Marella Cruises, the Dream comes with a variety of cabin arrangements and layouts to accommodate parties of all sizes, as well as solo travellers. Their two most popular cabin bookings include:
- Decks 4/5 Outside Cabin: Each one of these cabins comes with a porthole window and 2 single beds that can be pushed together as a queen bed depending on the travellers. Do note: some of these cabins can have an obstructed view as a result of lifeboats, which is why it’s wise to book them as soon as you know you are traveling. All rooms come with a water closet, shower, and amenities that are accessible upon request.
- Decks 5/6 Outside Cabin: Also equipped with a porthole window that can really light up the room, these cabins are even bigger than the 4/5 options, making them a luxurious getaway pick for those looking to unwind in spaciousness. You do not run the risk of having an obstructed view on these decks, which is why the package deal is slightly more than the alternative.
There are also Deluxe Cabins with Premier Service that can accommodate up to 3 people per room. They come with a roomy lounge area, a sofa, table and chairs, and a picture window. If you want to take it to the next level, consider a Balcony Cabin that comes with its very own balcony, chairs, and table so you can feel the rush of the sea air on your face every morning with a hot cup of coffee.
And if you’re alone, fear not, for there are single cabin layouts ready to accommodate your solo adventuring.
Food & drink
Marella Cruises are known for offering up some of the most respected and sought after dining options on-board their cruises in the world. The Marella Dream is no different. Here are some of the dining establishments that will make your mouth water while you sail the open seas:
- Mistral’s Restaurant: Pick through the likes of lamb rack from the a la carte menu, and enjoy pristine customer service in a contemporary and gorgeous setting. Be sure to make reservations as they book up quickly.
- Lido Restaurant: This buffet works all day and night with breakfast options, salads, and cheeses, plus pizzas, fries, breads, and more, with different theme nights that include Mexican or Italian options throughout the week.
- Terrace Grill: This open-air establishment provides burgers, omelettes, hot dogs, pizzas, and more throughout most of the day. By night, it turns into the Hotstone Grill restaurant, where food is literally cooked on a hot stone right before your very eyes.
- Sirens Restaurant: Another self-serve restaurant nestled right next to the top deck main pool, Sirens is a great place for the whole family with kid-friendly options and meal plans.
- Kora La Restaurant: This newest pan-Asian cuisine dining option is an a la carte restaurant that is brand new to all Marella Cruises today.
- Orion Restaurant: This open-seated treasure features all classic meal options, like slow roast lamb or eggs for breakfast, in a bright and spacious surrounding that makes it a good choice any time of the day.
The Marella Dream offers up 11 different cruise line options today. Some of their most popular include:
- Canadian Flavours: Sailing from Tenerife and Gran Canaria to Medeira and La Gomera, experience the beauty, grace, and refinement of the Canary Islands region, native to Spain.
- Colourful Coasts: Expand the Canadian Flavours itinerary to include La Palma and Morocco for a Moorish flair on traditional Spanish flavours, sights, and sounds.
- Iberian Delights: Enjoy Ibiza, Gibraltar, Cartagena, Funchal, and more on this party enriched travel adventure that brings you to some of the most famous locations in Spain right now. This cruise is also available with stops in Portugal.
- Hidden Gems: Sail through Majorca, Spain, France, and Italy on this well-rounded Mediterranean holiday adventure. Stop at some of the most historical and beautiful cities in the world, right on the aqua blue water.
- Treasures of the Mediterranean: Add in Corsica and Sicily for this itinerary that brings you to some of the most breath-taking architectural displays right along the coast of the Mediterranean.
- Mediterranean Medley: Enjoy Monaco, Majorca, France, and Italy in this medley-itinerary that is designed to provide you with access to some of the best beaches in the world.
- Spanish Delights: Or, simply sail Cartagena, Castellon, Palma, Cadiz, and other Spanish stops on this Spain-focused cruise line available today.
At this time, the Dream does not sail to the Caribbean, South Asia, or Southeast Asia, which can be achieved by booking the Discovery or the Discovery 2. Stay tuned for new cruise line announcements and openings in the coming years.
Marella Dream traveller reviews
We currently have no reviews available for Marella Dream. If you've travelled on this ship recently why not