MS Noordam

( 1 review)
Good

outstanding ship

" Submmitted by Nanabo

Returned from the Caribean in March 08 from the Noordam and what a ship. From boarding proceedures to disembarking everything is run so smooth and ship shape.It took us about 15 -20 mins to check in and whilst waiting we were offered hot chocolate then directed to the dining room for lunch. Straight after lunch we were in our cabin. What a cabin!! we choose an outside balcony which was very large with 2 chairs and a table. Everything was spot on, a nice size balcony and a good size cabin with a proper queen bed that was the best comfortable bed I have slept in on a cruise. A good size fridge, large wardrobe and plenty of draw space. The bathroom was a good size too with all toiletries and fluffy white towels each day.Staff went out of their way to be helpful and everyone new your name. A full english breakfast in bed and a delivery of fresh fruit everyday was complimentary on the ship as was the bath robes. Nothing better than sitting on your balcony having breky. Food was just out of this world, if it was not on the menu you just had to ask and they would provide it. Free ice cream that was delicious anytime of day or night. Free fruit juice again anytime, day or night. You placed your shoes outside the cabin on an evening and the next morning they back as clean as a button all complimentary.The ship was spotless we could not find any fault at all. We shared a table with a family from New York named Margaret, Carl and Brian what a time we had with them each evening. They were called the Mingo family and had us in stitches, typical well off Americans who have invited us to stay with them sometime on the Hudson River.We cruised to the Caribean after staying in New York for 2 nights which again was fabulous. Leaving the cold behind and sailing to a hot climate was brilliant.I would well recomend the ship, I have been on many cruise ships and this beats all, last year I thought Royal Caribean Seanade of the Seas would take some beating but Noordam tops them all. If anyone needs further info let me know.

• Travel date: Sat 29th of November 2008

Other Holland America ships

Stayed on MS Noordam ? Share your insight.