Carnival Miracle

Welcome aboard our newest floating resort sailing from New York City, the Carnival Miracle. Highlighted by an 11-story Metropolis atrium with a ruby-red glass ceiling, this

4.5
Very good
Good

I was 33 when I went on this cruise and...

Reviewed Sat 6th of October 2007

"I was 33 when I went on this cruise and I was a little worried that it was for oldies but I had a fab time with my husband. We had a week on the ship and stopped off at several places in the Caribbean. The ship was fantastic and I would travel with carnival again.

We had a cabin with a sea view but no balcony and quite frankly I do not see the point in paying extra for the balcony or an upgraded room as you spend so little time in the room it’s a waste of money.

The food in the restaurants was fantastic and I even managed to have snails which I wouldn't normally bother with. Everything was included in my price with travelcity except the drinks which you pay for on a card which is issued to you when you arrive to board the ship. You have to add funds to it and any balance owing is paid when you leave the ship.

I guess all Carnival lines would work the same. Also you do not have to pay tips if you travel with travelcity which is excellent as its all included in their price. This is extremely useful as its approx 15% tipping in the USA so the same amount happens on the cruise.

I was told this is added to your card which most Americans disagreed with and were quite disgruntled when they found out we paid nothing! We still tipped our favourites though but you can't let anyone see this as they are supposed to share out tips.

All our trips were booked through the ship and we enjoyed every one. I note there are comments that it’s cheaper to book off board but I would be extremely wary of this. This is ok in Cayman as the crime rate is low (I know this from visiting and having an uncle that lived there) but we came across some very dubious characters in Costa Maya so be wary.

If you want a quiet holiday then I don't think this cruise liner is for you as there are a lot of loud people (Americans) on it but if you like abit of fun then do it. I am saving up for my next one."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of October 2007

My husband and I are first time cruisers...

Reviewed Wed 31st of January 2007

"My husband and I are first time cruisers. We travelled and upgraded on the plane which was well worth it. Spent a week at Florida and joined the ship in Tampa.

It was overwhelming. The ship was wonderful staff, food good, entertainment good but we ended up in the casino.

Tip - don’t book trips on the boat far too expensive when the ship lands, all the trip's advertised are available on shore.

Be wary in Belize, we were taken to Cucumber Beach, its lovely but ask to see your drivers id, Belize is so poor.

I can’t fault this trip we would return on another Carnival Ship anytime."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of January 2007

Flights-we paid for premium upgrade and...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of January 2006

"Flights-we paid for premium upgrade and were refunded half, as only the return flight was available. But even then we did get the outward upgrade for free. So no complaints there. The upgrade was worth the £300 (for both ways) the allocated hotel wasn't that great. We had to ask for another room. The only window was 1 mt. high. -At the ceiling! The new room was much better. After the cruise the room had damp patches on the ceiling and mould on the windows. Won’t be back there in a hurry. The cruise was everything we could have asked for. Something for everyone. Knobbly knees competitions (Butlins on Sea) to a great library with all the latest novels, you never felt that you had to join in anything. Food to die for. Quantities to match. From elegant dining to 'all you can eat buffets'. both if you want. The service was superb-clean towels every time you left the cabin. Only complaint was the cost of drinks. But there were plenty of free options. . We weren't too keen on the ports of call. Belize (the most boring guide I have ever had) Grand Cayman. Just boring. But we had gone for the cruise not the ports so didn't feel that aggrieved. All in all a good holiday, great value for money. I've already booked my next one to Alaska."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of January 2006

Eleven of us met to do a pre-holiday cru...

Reviewed Thu 29th of December 2005

"Eleven of us met to do a pre-holiday cruise. We had a ball. We loved the rooms with balconies. We had a problem with a handicapped room but the Carnival people went way out of their way to solve that problem. The ship was lovely except for the tacky dining room with its over-the-top, hot-pink lights. We ate breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck which was absolutely delicious and fresh. There was a bit too much Carnival, employee talking at dinner and in the halls; however, we learned to tune that out.

We got off at every stop. Use private tours once you are on shore. On Cayman Island we got a great tour to Stingray City which was longer and much cheaper. We had a great crew and photographer. Don’t miss swimming and feeding the stingrays.

He took two of us to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins. He was fascinating and very well educated. He trains many of the other tour guides. We had the best meal of the whole trip in a little, outdoor, thatched-roof restaurant near the ruins in the forest. He then took us to Old Belize City to see the beach and go through a museum. He will let you design your own tour. It was only $65 for 5.5 hours. If you have five or more people, it’s $55 each. It was the best $65 we ever spent. The other members of our group tubed down a river through a cave but didn’t rave about it.

We all paid $20 each to go to a nice beach in Costa Maya. They probably lost money on us because it was all you can eat and drink which included alcoholic beverages.
We shopped in Cozumel and had a great time bargaining with the locals. We bought most of the silver for $1.00 an ounce. All eleven of us had a great meal at an open-air restaurant a couple of blocks off the beach with a Mariachi band. The Mexican people are so open and friendly.

Don’t miss the hypnotist on the ship especially the late night show. We never laughed so much and so hard in our whole lives.

On the days at sea, I spent time at the water slide. It was fast and fun. A cruise is a great vacation for a group of people. We all did our own thing and met for dinner or other times. There is something for everyone to do. Carnival is a fun, lively, young cruise line."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of December 2005

Other Carnival Cruises ships

Stayed on Carnival Miracle ? Share your insight.