Carnival Glory

Carnival Cruises

Color is the theme for our newest superliner, the Carnival Glory. And, there is something to do and see for every color of the rainbow. Explore the acres of tiered decks featuring four pools, seven whirlpools and a 214-foot waterslide. Take a break for some delicious food in your choice of formal and casual eateries, including a reservations-only supper club. Enjoy the best nights of your life in the friendly casino and numerous nightspots. There

Key details

• Registry Panama

Carnival Glory traveller reviews

Just returned from our Carnival Cruise

Reviewed Fri 26th of March 2010

"March 2010 we sailed on the Carnival Glory to the Eastern Carribean. This is our fourth cruise with Carnival. If someone would ask we tell them we had a wonderful time, loved the cruise.
We sailed out of the Miami Port. From the time we pulled up in front of the entrance we were impressed. Carnival does have their act together. Check in was a breeze as was departing from the ship back to Miami.
We felt the ship was very clean and looked great. Our cabin was on the lido deck, 9th floor. The location was fantastic. The size of our cabin was small, but we didn't expect it to be huge. The cabin itself could have been redecorated, but it was not bad. The bed, mattress, pillows, and bedding were excellent. I am picky! I have a bad back, carry my own pillow (which I forgot) and never had a backache while we we're gone. I buy high end sheets at home usually a 600-800 count and these sheets were excellent, extremely soft and silky. I love the pillow so much I am going to purchase one for home. We had a balcony which really made the trip. Yes, they are more expensive, but definitely worth the money. We spend so much time on it and really enjoyed watching for sealife, islands and other ships.
The entertainment is constantly their for you. You just have to decide what interest you have. The new nightly commedy shows were great. They have a "family" rated and adults only. We attended both and enjoyed them alot. The shows were ok, not Las Vegas Style, but enjoyable. Lots and lots to do aboard ship no one should ever say they were bored with nothing to do.
I was glad to hear they had wireless internet since my business goes with me and I have to check in daily. The rates were so outrageous!!! We ended up going to enternet cafes on the islands when we got off. They were very cheap to use and worked well. Next time I wouldn't bring my own computer and definitely use the islands internet cafes. Cell phones do not work on board ship unless you contact your cell phone company BEFORE departure and do something to make it international ready. We didn't know this until we had already sailed and found out ours didn't work.
As I said we have sailed Carnival four times, this was our first to the Eastern. We really like the other islands so much better than these. Grand Turk, was a very clean nice little island with all new buildings after their last hurricane. It didn't have all the lushness and trees of other islands, but a very nice place to stop. We went to the rain forest in San Juan and were very disappointed. The trip was 4 1/2 hours of riding on a bus. The bus was very nice, comfortable with air conditioning, but not the way I wanted to spend my vacation. We went through gettos the entire way, so no beautiful scenery to look at. We got to the rainforest and literally had about 40 minutes there. We have been to other rainforests and were disappointed with this one.
Dining! We were very, very disappointed in how much the dining and food quality has changed in 3 years. The food was definitely not the quality. Think that was the overall comments from other cruisers and especially past Carnival customers. If you had one or two entrees that were not the best you would just write it off, but it was the majority of meals. Guess the best comparison was when we went to a cooking class in the Steak House. If you were to dine there it would cost you $30.00 per person extra per meal. The class showed the chef cooking different foods and then tasting. What I saw and tasted there was what our past cruises experience of food was. GREAT! What a shame. No midnight buffets, but that was really a good idea to eliminate. When you eat like you do and have food available 24 hours a day, no one needs a midnight buffet.
Since my last cruise I have become a Vegan (no meat, poultry, fish, or dairy (includes no cheese.) Before booking I asked the agent if I would have problems with eating and he said no. When I got there the breakfast and lunch buffets I could find salads, fruit and some vegtables to eat. In the dining room they had one vegetarian entree. Vegetarian meals use cheese. The vegetarian means were so much the same alot of pasta, lots of cheese and nothing fresh or exciting. I asked if they would make me something I could eat and they don't do that anymore. I remember when I was there last time a lady at our table recovering from cancer was made a special meal nightly of brown rice, vegetables and fresh fruit.
In the past we always had an assigned time to eat, this time we choose "anytime seating." We really liked anytime because you can eat when you're hungry not just when its time to eat. The only disadvantage or advantage would be you're not at the same table with the same people and have the same waiter that knows your preferences. The first night we ate we said we wanted to be at a big table, they acted surprised. Most of the tables were for two or four people. They sat us at a big table, in minutes we had several people join us. By the end of the trip it was hard to get a place at the large table because other liked the idea of meeting others at dinner also.
Clothes, learn from my mistake! Take half of what you think you may want. If you have a couple of swim suits and a nice swim cover you will spend most of the time during the day in that. A couple of nice outfits, but not dressy like they used to be. I would say people are very casual. The day of full suits and tux's are gone or found on a different ship. They have great robes on board so no robe to haul. I think I wore 4 pairs of shorts, slacks, and a couple of nice travelller dresses, and of course a pair of jeans. Nice sweatshirt of jacket and your'e done. This time I brought 7 pairs of shoes along, dumb! If I would have had a comfortable pair of sandles, shoes to walk in that are closed (for hiking or going to the rainforest) and a pair of shoes to go with my dress's.
In the past you had ship cleaning service which you still have, but they also have a great do it yourself laundry. I never saw anyone in there.
Would I recommend Carnival? Yes, I sure would. It's a great company. I sincerly hope they revisit their dining and quality of food and that would make me visit positively.
Oh almost forgot the stability of the ship has changed drastically in three years you can't even feel it move. In the past I have always gotten seasick. It was never a big deal because I would get one shot from the ship doctor and no more seasickness the rest of the trip. This time I didn't need to get a shot! If I had no big deal, sure wouldn't let that stop me from cruisin."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of March 2010

Standards have slipped!

Reviewed Thu 21st of May 2009

"We did the same itinerary on the Glory 3 years ago, and have just been for a second time.
Although the ship is clean, and the destinations are excellent, the ship is tatty (the cabins and the Red Sail Restaurant and some of the bars need a refrub). The food is definately not up to the standards of 3 years ago, and the entertainment was poor. Although the Golden and Platinum Restaurants have a dress code, there were people dining in an evening in scruffy t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. In the Red Sail restaurant, you must be 'covered' ie. no swimsuits, and there were people just in swimsuits, all ages and all sizes, enough to put you off your food! But no-one was challenged.
Carnival you have let standards slip. What a shame, my fourth and last Carnival Cruise."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of May 2009

our time on the glory

Good
Reviewed Tue 7th of April 2009

"our first cruise,did not know what to expect.The cruise was first class,good food,very friendly staff,nothing to much trouble for anyone.Drinks were a bit pricey,but overall avery good holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009

Eastern Caribean - My 4 friends and I we...

Good
Reviewed Thu 11th of September 2008

"Eastern Caribean - My 4 friends and I went on this cruise after spending a week in Internatonal Drive Orlanfo Florida, When we arrived for embarktation, we thought that the ship looked great, at the port.
The embarktation was not very well organised, Anyway we finally got on the cruise, and had to make our own way to our cabin, anyother cruise i had been i was taken to my cabin by the cabin stewards.
When we booked the cruise we were told by the operator that we would be upgraded to a balcony cabin, we ended up in an outside cabin, so were disappointed to start with.

We could not get off the cruise line until 3 days later after first boarding as there was a hurricane, i know that wasnt the cruise liners fault but we were fed up, The ship adds 15% to every drink that you but, which seems alot considereing that they also charge $70 per person for service, we went to the reception and got this fee removed as we were not paying anymore money.
The cabins were nice, the food was very boring , not alot of choice.
Overall the cruise was good but would not sail again because of the food choices and charges to the account."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

This wasn't the best cruise. I found th...

Reviewed Wed 23rd of April 2008

"This wasn't the best cruise. I found the staff was not as friendly as other ship staff.
The entertainment was terrible. The deck entertainment may have perform four times.
That was a whole mess. Seems like the food was cooked over and over. I will say the staff in the resturant and lido deck was super, they worked very hard for their money. We appreciate that.

I do not plan on traveling on this ship again."

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of April 2008

We did a back to back on Carnival Glory...

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2008

"We did a back to back on Carnival Glory out of Port Canaveral. All the arrangement put into place including overnight hotel at Orlando worked well including transfers to the Port on the day of embarkation. We did not see our luggage after leaving the hotel until it was delivered promptly to our cabin,. Carnival Glory whilst not the biggest ship is big and the facilities and the staff were excellant. If you eat in the restuarant you have to enjoy carrots and broccoli, as they are the only vegetables servied, however having said the food was well cooked, presented and served. One other point is that if you are on the two weeks, the shows work on a 7 day rotation, but we it was enjoyable seeing them again.

We had an outside cabin with balcony and this I would recommend, we thoroughly enjoyed our holliday, the shopper on the ship gave us good and sound advice and very pleasant. All the staff we met on the ship we friendly, well mannered and trained to a high standard. We look forward to travelling with them again"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

Did both Eastern and Western Carribean i...

Reviewed Wed 6th of February 2008

"Did both Eastern and Western Carribean in January 2008. We had an outside cabin with balcony and had a wonderful time, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and our cabin was very clean, and serviced daily. The steward was attentive without being overly so and approachable and helpful. This was our second cruise the previous on the Carnaval Triumph and we joined in more on this cruise, going to the eveing meals in the restaurant. Food was good, well cooked, presented and served - you must like broccoli or carrots though. Menu was changed daily, but just in case their was nothing you liked there were three standard which were on all the time. The servers were excellent and were part of the experience.

We got off the ship reluctantly after having two weeks of relaxation, and wind down. We are looking forward to be able to do it again.

The shopper knew his job well and able to advise and we followed his advice and we got good deals in the shops.

• Travel date: Wed 6th of February 2008

Having read reviews before my cruise, th...

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2007

"Having read reviews before my cruise, thought only fair to post one.

Wow, what a cruise.

Having cruised with RCC before and having a great time, was not really looking forward to this cruise. But I was proved wrong.

Ship bit smaller at 110 tonnes compared to Mariner of the Seas approx 130 tonnes. This didn’t affect the cruise.

Ship was spotless, food was small portions but was terrific quality, enhanced by brilliant service, even the food from the burger bar was good, not one bad meal.

Ports weren’t too bad. This was western Caribbean. Cozumel Mexico, if want a Rolex, place to get it - I saved $2000 on an $8000 watch. If you go to Belize, do the private island break, our group agreed, best beach we have been on, ever!

At the moment the £ goes a long way. This was a 10 out of 10 ship.

• Travel date: Thu 15th of November 2007

Completely overwhelmed at the size of th...

Reviewed Wed 29th of August 2007

"Completely overwhelmed at the size of the ship. All staff where first class. Cleanliness top marks- cabins cleaned twice a day. Drinks where overpriced. Nonstop excellent food.

Bahamas trip was a bit disappointing. Plenty of sun loungers for all. Basic cabin had ample room not cramped. Children very welcomed and looked after.

A must as a holiday choice."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Having heard that Carnival was the "twen...

Reviewed Wed 8th of August 2007

"Having heard that Carnival was the "twenty-something party" ship line, I was wary about taking my two teenage daughters, but there was such a wide range of ages on board, it is the perfect cruise for anyone, especially first timers.

The ship is huge, clean, and well staffed. Embarkation and Debarkation was quick and well organized. We tried almost all of the dining locations and everything was excellent. Choose the later dinner seatings if you want to avoid all the babies and toddlers at dinner. Passengers really dressed up on formal nights, lots of tuxedos and gowns. We were in the Golden Dining room and most people dressed up every night.

Pools are a bit small. Our room had 3 beds and none were bunk beds, a plus for adults. Plenty of drawers and closet space and the bathroom and shower were large compared to other cruise ships.

The only downfall was that we had to tender to Belize and that process is SLOW. As a result we had to skip seeing Belize City because we had a later excursion and didn't have time to tender to Belize City, then back to the ship for our excursion. Advance notice of this would have been helpful.

The shows in the Amber Palace were awesome. I would definitely sail on this ship again. "

• Travel date: Wed 8th of August 2007

FANTASTIC VACATION! We had 2 sons, 15 a...

Reviewed Sun 29th of July 2007

"FANTASTIC VACATION!

We had 2 sons, 15 and 18 with us. We all had a great time. The ship is spotlessly clean, the food is superb, the staff are helpful and courteous. The shows were good. We enjoyed our excursions. Don't miss the Atlantis resort in Nassua; shopping in Charlotte Amalie; St.Thomas. Get a sandwich at "Bumpas" overlooking the water(upstairs) in the heart of Charlotte Amalie shopping. We spent a few hours at Orient Beach in St. Maartin, (wonderful time), jet ski's and parasailing and a beautiful uncrowded beach.

We got lucky with a "handicap" room - the bathroom was huge! Not a single problem the whole week. We had preferred Royal Caribbean before, but can't say enough good things about our Carnival experience. We will definitely do this again! The food was really, really good, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am watching what I eat and found plenty of good things to choose from to stay on my healthy eating plan and never felt deprived! My boys loved the 24 hour pizza and the Lido hamburgers and huge hotdogs. Dinner was superb!

The shows were lots of fun and and surprisingly well done. If you get the chance to see Happy Cole perform his comedy, DON'T miss it... he is hilarious... worth staying up for!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of July 2007

The ship is huge and spotless clean. Dri...

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2007

"The ship is huge and spotless clean. Drinks are a bit expensive.

The shows are very good. Trips ashore where good except for the one in Bahamas.

Plenty of deck chairs and room for them. Food was excellent and 24 hour eating if you want.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2007

Other Carnival Cruises ships

Stayed on Carnival Glory ? Share your insight.