Carnival Fantasy

There are plenty of ways to have fun on the Carnival Fantasy. The sweeping views, delectable dining, pampering service, and exhilarating nightlife will make you feel like you're dreaming. Sail with her on 3 and 4 day cruises to The Bahamas. It's the perfect escape for today's busy lifestyles.

Key details

• Registry Panama

3.5
Above average
Good

The Carnival Fantasy was our first cruis...

Good
Reviewed Sat 25th of March 2006

"The Carnival Fantasy was our first cruise. The food and entertainment was first class especially the Broadway show.

There was a good live band called Fire and Ice playing in the nightclub. The swimming pools were a bit small and crowded but the islands of the Bahamas made up for that. The crew looked after us well and the weather was fantastic! The sea was like a mill pond and we were spoilt as this was the calm before Hurricane Katrina. We would recommend a Carnival Cruise to anyone.

PS Its worth doing your own thing when you visit the islands, however, the organised visit to the Blue Lagoon was well worth the money."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of March 2006

If you want to go on a fun-for-just-abou...

Reviewed Sat 31st of December 2005

"If you want to go on a fun-for-just-about-everyone cruise ship then fantasy is definitely your ticket!

It’s a mixture of families, friends, couples, all ages and everyone can fit in pretty quick. Alot of the entertainment feels like The Love Boat - cheesy 70's feel! My friends and me loved it but it did seem to grate with others onboard.

The interiors do look pretty shabby (it had a refit a few year ago but its looking tired again) then again, the ship is over 25 years old! It did very much feel like a 3 star hotel at sea. We were in an outside facing 2 berth cabin that was pretty similar in size to the P and O ferry from Hull to Rotterdam.

Some of the cruise staff looked generally fed up/tired? But they did try to make an effort!
I appreciate that it must be hard for them doing 3night/4night cruises back to back and not really getting to know the customers. But I think they missed the mark on a few occasions.

If I was going to do a short break cruise again I'd possible try another company, the Fantasy is perfect if its your first cruise all you other regular cruisers may want to try something a bit more up market!

• Travel date: Sat 31st of December 2005

Other Carnival Cruises ships

Stayed on Carnival Fantasy ? Share your insight.