Royal Court Hotel

Average rating (17 reviews)
Hotel photo More hotel photos

Closest airport: Birmingham International (BHX) (8.7 miles)

Map for Royal Court Hotel

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Royal Court Hotel

Just like Fawlty Towers!!!!!!!

"If you think you are patient enough for Faulty Towers this could be the hotel for you. First night unable to sleep due to guest in next room shouting down his phone for over 2 hours. Complained to reception 3 times before they finally suggested room change at 1am. (Would have been easier if they asked guest to be quiet) Down to get new room card, didn't work. Back down for another room card, didn't work. Night porter sent up to use master key. Opened the door to be met by screams from the rooms current sleeping guests.

Somebody forgot to update the room status comments the night porter. Next day, no soap in bathroom at all. Requested

some at reception to be told Brittania hotel change have now stopped providing soap in the bathrooms. There is a soap

dispenser on the back wall of the bath. Genius idea, lol. Dispenser long way from sink. Also, the bath is just above floor level and the dispenser is mounted over 5 ft from floor level. Meaning if having a bath you must stand every time you want any soap to wash with while in the bath. Crazy. They want people to fall in the bath? To add insult to injury, dispenser empty!

Cooked breakfast not recommended. Evening meal OK but they even ask you to leave the dining room as soon as possible as it could be busy. Would I stay here again? No, not while any other hotels exist on the planet.

• Holiday details: Nov 2015
  • Advice: Definitely go elsewhere! Yes cheap but zero star would be a fair rating.

rude abussive manager craig fisher so bad we had to call the police

"On the 29th of October me and my partner stayed at the Royal Court Hotel its the worst hotel iv ever stayed in, not only did we have to change rooms on the first night as the heating didn't work and the room stank terrible but on the second night after a long day we had a bath which was filled up but ran over into the overflow as that's what the overflow is there for, (we had yet again complained about the heating not working ) but the duty manager CRAIG FISHER was banging on our door demanding we let him in so my partner opened the door to him which he tried to force his way in while i was still in the bath! shouting that we were flooding the room down stairs, his attitude was very aggressive, demanding we pay for the damage and get out the hotel, as we had paid up front for the 4 nights. We knew that we hadn't caused this damage as it hadn't gone over only down the overflow, we ended up calling the police and a plumber which it turned out that the overflow pipe had never been fitted!!!! CRAIG FISHER the manager still refused to refund us and his customer service was horrific iv worked in customer service for 20years and never seen any one treated how we were treated there was no talking to this guy he was arrogant and very aggressive, we only got refunded for 2 nights so we ended up paying £120 for one night, this trip was for my partners business he is only small so i voluntary help him and we try to keep the cost down as he is trying to promote himself so that amount of money is a lot to us, we booked the hotel as it was around £50 a night with spa facilities which was filthy and also didn't work properly, but the worst of all is that at 12am midnight we were left with no where to stay, i have emailed the company which I'm still waiting for a response, this so called manager CRAIG FISHER needs to be trained in people skills and service not only did he leave his poor receptionist and night manager to deal with it he sped off down the driveway like a spoils teenager. I'm totally disgusted by the treatment we received and i will not leave it here."

• Holiday details: Oct 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: stay somewhere else

LOVELY HOTEL!

"We have just returned from a four night stay. this hotel is excellent value for money. we had a large comfortable room, good food with excellent facilities and will definitely return. Jean and Frank Marsden, Burley."

• Holiday details: Aug 2014
  • Advice: THIS HOTEL IS BEST SUITED TO ADULTS.

Back from a wonderful holiday with National staying at Royal Court Hotel. 6 - 10/ 1/14

"Great time had by all - a warm welcome from Reception Staff, a comfortable bedroom . Enjoyed the food served by helpful obliging staff and the evening entertainment excellent thanks to the wonderful Blue Coats especially Emma, Catherine Michael and my " dancing partner " Harry they went out of their way to make our stay memorable . When can I come back ? ?"

• Holiday details: Jan 2014, booked with National Holidays
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Nice suprise!

"After reading the terrible reviews for this hotel I have to say I was slightly worried. We were booked on a National Holiday so could do nothing about it! The entry hall/area of the hotel is all marble & leather sofa's & very impressive. Our room was a pleasant suprise, quite large all the usual furniture, bed was ok, definately had worse, bathroom could have beem cleaner but that's me being very picky, the spa bath worked fine. Throughout the hotel I found NO evidence of the stinking carpets I read about. The food was good, plenty choice & ven having our eve meal at 7.30 it was always fresh. The staff were always extremely polite & friendly both in restaurant & reception. I asked for another pillow & it arrived within the time we ate a meal. We did comment to the staff what a nice sprise we had after reading bad reviews & they said they had had a change after complaints received, if this is so the changes have worked. THe spa/leisure complex absolutely brilliant, fully equiped gym, great swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna & steam room all used by local members. Jannette (Bradford)"

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently

worst christmas dinner ever

"Last Christmas 2011 we decided has a family we would go out for Christmas dinner. It was my first Christmas day off from work in 7yrs.my son had announced his engagement on Christmas day so we was looking forward to celebrating it at the royal court Tamworth rd.we was in a party of 11 family members including 2children under 2.cost £660.the supervisor on duty that day commented when we arrived in the room for our meal. "at long last we can get this final meal out of the way"strange comment we was on time.! there was no Yorkshire puddings left,no stuffing,pigs in blankets. The food was covered with tin lids of which the cook did not remove for us. There was the smallest piece of dried up turkey left, and when we asked if there was any more the cook shrugged his shoulders and said that's all that's left. Did they not cater for our party? did they just want our money. The food was inedible, we all sent plates back full.we was inconveniencing the staff clearly because she sent us packing in to another room for cold coffee so she could clear up. We have never been made to feel so awkward about staff having to work on Christmas day. The supervisor in question later joined her partner in the same area as our party. And the partner commented on the fact that this will be the last time she worked there on Christmas day. my husband compiled a 5 page letter and expressed our disgust with the service ,meal and the mold on the toilet doors. And to this day we have not received a letter of apology. To add insult to how misery of that day we have received a letter asking us if we are happy to join them this Christmas or new year."

• Holiday details: Dec 2011, Booked Independently
  • Advice: MAKE THE PLACE MORE PRESENTABLE,EMPLOY STAFF WHO ARE MORE COSTOMER FRIENDLY. MOST INPORTANT EMPLOY A QAILIFIED CHEF WHO ENJOYS SEVING GOOD HONEST HOT FOOD.

Do NOT stay here!!

"We stayed at The Royal Court for our wedding night, aswell as a number of our guests, after our wedding at the nearby church. We booked a spa room with jacuzzi bath, which did not work, I was awoken numerous times by people walking through the corridor (the walls must be extremely thin), the room which was the honeymoon suite, so I assume the best room in the hotel was shabby!! When we complained we were treated appallingly, as were some of my wedding guests!! I would never reccommend this place for either a hotel stay or a wedding..."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently

Do not stay if there is a wedding on!

"We went for a quite two night stay away from the kids. Ooops not the place to go for that, most Saturday's and Sunday's they have Asian weddings with around 500 guests (Asian weddings not an issue at all) but they do specialize in them and they are rather big events. Friday evening we were advised by a member of staff to 'go out for the day on Saturday, because it would be noisy and very busy'. Saturday there were people everywhere, no car parking spaces left and the wedding takes up all the main reception area with food being prepared and tables out for guest to have food, when we went for our evening meal we had to push through hundreds of guests to get to the restaurant and same on the way out. Could not use the computers as guest were using them to sit on eating food, gardens were being used by lots of wedding guests and ceremony taking place in them as well. Very very loud late into the night. On Sunday again another wedding and reception area was laid out with table and chairs this time with food being prepared, ceremony taking part in the garden and again normal guests feeling as though they are intruding!

If the wedding like normal hotels takes place in a room there would not be a problem but when it takes place throughout the main hotel area this is not acceptable.

Shame because not bad hotel, bit dingy and in need of modernizing but cheap break which turned out to be a very noisy and busy one!

• Holiday details: May 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks

One of the worst ever

"I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference there.

From the moment of walking through the door it was one bad thing to another. The 70's decor which would have been fine if it had not been put up in the 70's and looked as if it had not been touched since. I had a twin room in which the beds were minute, the room was to dark to read in, even with all of the lights on.

I had to complain (though the duty manager did not seem that interested) about the bathroom after finding hairs in the sink, all over the floor and large cobwebs around the window. After another cleaning there were still hairs on the floor.

The dining staff did not in the main appear to care about what they were doing with the odd exception. Though the breakfast staff seemed the one positive about the hotel. As for the breakfast it was noted that you did not have to give your room number and we commented that anyone could walk in off the street and have breakfast. After we had, had breakfast we understood why they did not, in fact I skipped breakfast myself the second morning

I must say that I did not read any reviews about this hotel untill I came on here to leave this post so the morale has to be dont even consider staying here... find somewhere else

• Holiday details: Mar 2008

A very pleasent surprise!

"My husband and I booked one night at The Royal Court Hotel in Coventry, paid up front and then looked it up on "Trip advisor". I was horrified at the reviews and temped to cancel, but decided to give it a try. I am glad we did. It was delightful, and the staff were helpful, efficient and happy. The decor is a little tired but the room we had was large, warm, clean and the bathroom had a shower as well as an enormous jacuzi bath!! The food in the Carver restaurant was tasty and plentiful and the wine delicous. We found the place had a charm of its own and the old part of the building was delightul. I think the negative reviews about this hotel are harsh but then I do try to look for the good in something rather that the bad. I would certainly go back it I needed to stay in that area again."

• Holiday details: Feb 2008

Disappointing

"We were very disappointed with our 'standard' room - it was a lovely sunny day but the windows were above head height so we couldn't see out. The divan was broken so that when either of us moved the other one was nearly tipped out and there was a build up of dust on the sides and backs of the furniture. The bathroom was 1970's chocolate brown and desperately in need of some TLC. The fire alarm went off at half past midnight but fortunately we weren't required to leave the room.

We ate in the Cavery Restaurant - the primary ingredient in my Mushroom Stroganoff was gherkin and the dominant flavour was vinegar. I complained to two different members of staff both of whom responded 'we always do it that way here'.

Overall we felt that the staff couldn't have cared less what sort of experience we had and we won't be staying there again despite regular trips to Coventry.

• Holiday details: Jan 2008

Use if desperate.

"Start with good bit we thought the room and the hotel was generally clean. As to the rest - it is best described with every adjective begining with "d" ie dreary, dank, depressing, dismal, dreadful, disinterested staff - you get the picture. Having paid for an "executive" room we given a "standard" room and told it was better as it had been refurbished. Have a look at the attached pictures. Note the picture of the stairs patched with tape!!

I would not recommend this hotel or the city centre hotel unless there was no other option.

• Holiday details: Jan 2008

Location
7/10

Top traveller tips for Royal Court Hotel

• by Kat Stretton

" Breakfast was the only good thing. "

Traveller photos

Traveller photo of Royal Court Hotel Royal Court Hotel photos (1 traveller photos)