Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship

, Thomson Cruises
Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship
Check the latest prices for this cruise

1 2 317 »
Thomson Majesty, The Italian Job.

"This was our first cruise on the Majesty. On arrival at Corfu we was excited to get on board and explore the ship. We upgraded to a deck 8 outside cabin, On arrival at he cabin there was a card and balloons on the door with Birthday Wishes for myself,this was a lovely touch by the cabin staff. The cabin was a little smaller than the outside cabin that we had on the Thomson Dream previously, but still very functional and clean, with a restricted view because of the lifeboats,but we expected this and it did not obstruct any natural light coming in. The cabin girls done a wonderful job,our cabin was kept spotless.

All the public areas are kept clean and tidy by the hard working staff and they always had a smile and greeted you when you passed them.

We mainly ate at the Piazza San Marco buffet restaurant, the food and selection was plentiful for all tastes, and "Angel" and his team always made sure that everything was ok with your meals and the service was up to standard.After making friends with the waiters they would even take our plates of food to your table for us from the buffet,this was a nice touch and something not expected in a buffet restaurant.

Another special thanks to two particular bar staff, Andrea and Janet. We met these two lovely girls on our first day and become friendly with both.They both looked after us all week long.

The Thomson show team was brilliant in their shows and worked hard for our entertainment.The guest comedian Lee Carroll was excellent and had the show lounge howling with laughter.

All together we had an excellent holiday on Board The Thomson Majesty and great shore excursions with informative guides.

look forward to a return visit soon.

• Holiday details: Oct 2015

majesty adriatic explorer

"Just returned from 1st ever cruise, loved every minute of it. Food was good, and yes portions in the waiter service restaurants were smallish, but if you have eaten all day they are adequate. Entertainment shows were 1st class, and the activities during the day were ok. PAID FOR A LARGER INSIDE CABIN very spacious. Would definitely go Thomson cruise again. Went with sister who has cruised many times and she said staff were every bit as good as the more expensive cruise lines she has been on. Venise was my favorite stop !!"

• Holiday details: Oct 2015, booked with Thomson

Adriaric Explorer on Thomson Majesty

"I had high hopes for this, our first cruise, but felt rather disappointed with certain things.

The downsides;

Frequent smell of diesel throughout the ship, constant smelly, smokey chimney which blew out black soot deposits onto sunbeds and passengers.

Small cold swimming pools: with adult Jacuzzi monopolized by boisterous kids

Food lacked quality,limited choice: often just lukewarm.

Very slow service in waiter serving restaurants with small portions

Lack of choice of fruit and vegetables...just a mix of green beans carrots every night

Entertainment was limited...I expected more variety..not just the Thomson team performing each time...although clearly talented. The comedian made a welcome change but some of his jokes were very old.

Excursions were very expensive and due to the clock changes we were expected to spend almost an hour looking round in the dark and cold on one evening.

Felt as though they were after extra money at every turn...expensive photos, spa treatments, Bistro dining, expensive goods in the shops, expensive WiFi connection...

Poor reception for telephone unable to watch.

Kettle in our cabin...and able use tap water,,,, so glad we didn't waste money on the drinks package. Tea, coffee and water available all day on upper deck...and we used our travel mugs.

Old ship but very clean

Friendly attentive staff

Mostly sunny weather, although cold early and late

Lovely, interesting ports of call..especially Venice

Only needed travel pills once..very choppy start on first day at sea..only felt slight movement after that

Cabin was small (as expected) but clean and comfortable...was so glad I paid extra for a a sea view...and views of various ports.

• Holiday details: Oct 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't pay expensive drinks package...unless you drink a lot! Lots of people were complaining about the quality of drinks. Wine packages were popular with many, payable on board

"Just returned from our cruise on the Thompson Cruise we had a lovely time , we had drinks package , which although it seems expensive , it soon adds up , cocktails and plenty of drinks on offer with out paying any extra and staff always there to ask if you want any thing , no problem there at all. Great tips are included as you don't have to worry. Our maid was absolutely lovely she hugged us when we left , she was always happy , singing etc and always had time to speak and kept the room spotless . The food was good in buffet restaurant , I wasn't so keen in the al a cart restaurant as found the Beef Wellington on Captains night tough and also when I had a steak one night, I thought the food on the Majesty was better , but of course that is just my opinion. The shows were great , the young team are very vibrant , talented and so much energy, we loved Carl the comedian , he is very funny and seems so nice too. We loved all the Ports of call and all the trips we went on were very good, my hubby done a cycle tour one day in Elba with Alex and other people and he enjoyed it very much. The guides on all the trips were excellent and spoke very good English and very informative, but you always get people moaning , who I am afraid are usually older guests who expect so much , when people are doing their very best for you to have a great holiday."

• Holiday details: Oct 2015
  • Advice: We like a higher deck , near the front of ship

worst cruise ever

"Booked this cruise as we wanted to go on that itinerary. The flight, transfers were great but when we saw the cabin we had it was no bigger than a box room. The bathroom was awful you could not swing a cat in it. The towels were grey and well worn. Also the tiles needed cleaned and re grouted and when you had a shower the water came up through the tiles which moved when you stood on them and soaked the whole bathroom. The food on board was awful and was not hot just warm. The quality was definitely poor and the cheapest you could buy. Not a great choice at all. And have you ever heard of mushroom sandwiches because that is what they served with the afternoon tea. We never took the drinks package it was £235 each a week and we certainly would not drink £470 worth of drink in a week - alcoholics might. The good thing about the cruise was we met lots of lovely people and have to say about 80% of the ones we spoke to would not be back on a Thomsons cruise - the joke was it was referred to Butlins on the sea. This ship needs to be scrapped.

The other problem I had was when I booked this online. It took my payment and then the Thomson site came up with an error meaning it had taken my money and I had no holiday - no booking reference or anything. Phoning them was a disaster they just did not want to know saying I should just book it again - I had stupidly paid with my debit card and when I checked with the bank they had taken the payment. It took me a day and a half to get it sorted out - eventually Christopher and Amy at the call center took charge of my booking and sorted it out for me ( excellent customer service from them unlike some staff that just did not want to help). I eventually managed to get my e ticket 3 days before we flew out but never did receive an Atol certificate.

All I can say from our experience is never book online with Thomson's and definitely never go on any of their cruises. We will be sticking with Princess and NCL who we have cruised with about 14 times before and are excellent.

• Holiday details: Oct 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go with this cruise line.

Omni jewellers st Martin carribeanan

"My husband and I went on a Caribbean cruise on Thomson celebration in April and he bought me an opal ring from this jewelers. Costing £800 .when we set sail that night the ring was not the original one the opal was Badly chipped.when we returned home I emailed a photo of the ring which they asked me to has taken 7 months and many emails to them in the end I had to be really insistent that they do something quick as I was going to report them to my cruise agent.we have received the ring now but the supposed opal it is a slither of colored stone. So please keep well clear of OMNI JEWELERS ST MARTINS. As they say once bitten twice shy. Never buy jewellery from abroad"

• Holiday details: Apr 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Excellent

Thomson Majesty Diesal Smell

"Cabin 733 24th July to 31st July 2015

I have written to Thomson after we suffered from a strong smell of diesel in our cabin for the whole of our week aboard The Majesty. We reported the smell after giving the benefit of the doubt that this could be simply down to refueling in port as we have experienced this previously which always cleared after we set sail.

After several polite complaints we were visited on 3 occasions but the smell was still as strong after each so called fix. I have now received a cursory reply to my complaint telling me a Plumber visited my cabin and the smell went away.

I hate being treat like moron and have told Thomson I will post my experience on the web to see if anyone else has been fobbed off in this way.

We love cruising with Thomson but I cannot accept their flippant response to something that ruined our last trip.

Unfortunately I will now take my business elsewhere. What a shame their customer service could no simply admit the facts and apologize. That's all I really wanted but to be treat like an idiot is like a red rag to a bull for me.

• Holiday details: Jul 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Sort out your trips ashore with independent companies prior to travelling or simply do it yourself by train/taxi etc

Fab first cruise

"Just returned from our first cruise on Thompson majesty and what a cruise it was.after flying to Corfu we were taken to the ship speedily and efficiently.check in was quick and our luggage was waiting for us outside our cabin before we got there.the cabin was much larger than I perceived ,very clean and yeah ok the towels weren't Snow White but they were clean.the room was cleaned daily and beds turned back at night with chocolates on pillows .the food was very nice and varied and we could always find something we liked.there were noodle bars and food seemed endless all day,sometimes the food wasn't very hot but hey with the amount of guests that's understand

Able.we had a drinks package which is great value otherwise we might have had a hefty bill at end of cruise,Jd was brill at pool bar and most of the staff were nice and need to get sun beds early ,especially on sail days and the ship does become packed in afternoon top deck but wasn't a problem.the entertainment team were very good and this varied every night.the port destinations were brilliant especially Rome though we wished we had done this ourselves on local train as the trip felt a bit rushed around Rome .after reading negative reviews we were a bit dubious about this holiday but shouldn't have been as it was fantastic,this ship is old but clean,go with an open mind ,we did we had nothing to compare it with but loved it so much that we have booked on the dream for two weeks next year.casual clothes are fine all day and in the evening men had either dress shorts or casual trousers on and tops and woman with either dresses or trousers and tops.this is a family friendly ship and a relaxing fun holiday ,don't be put off by the negative reports or snobbery you get what you pay for ,well done to Thompsons,can't wait for next year and to all who are going ,enjoy.

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Embrace the experience

Best cruise yet!

"Just got back from two fantastic weeks on board the Majesty.

We did Italian Flavors and Hellenic classics.

The ship may not be new, but is spotlessly clean. The staff are brilliant, and the shows and food were all very good.

Have been on six previous cruises on various Thomson cruises. But this was probably the best yet, and we cant wait to do it again.

So ignore the moaners and have a good holiday !

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Just enjoy the experience, and take larger clothes for the return trip,

Thomson Hi De Hi Majesty

"We have been on other Thomson cruises and enjoy the social aspect of cruising. The fact that all the passengers speak English means you can always strike up a conversation with a fellow passenger, so this is why we chose Thomson again.

However, because Thomson have decided to abandon the fixed dining times and replace with flexible dining (dine whenever you like) meant that for us as a couple, we were placed at 14 different tables throughout our holiday and didn't really get to know people as well as we have in the past. You would think the open dining would be easier on the kitchen staff, but this did not appear to be the case. Service was very hit and miss and after having to queue to get into the restaurant, we were then shown to tables with dirty linen from previous diners, missing cutlery, napkins and glasswear. At one point, our whole table was missing napkins and although we pointed this out to the waiter, when they did arrive, they were damp and the starter was cold. We also had to ask for the bread basket on more than one occasion. We were on the all inclusive drinks package, but sometimes I had to ask for more wine with my meal, whilst at other times the waiter was very attentive and topped me up regularly. There are 2 main restaurants so I don't see why they can't make one fixed dining and the other flexible. The food was good, although I was dismayed that you had to pay extra if you wanted the specialities like steak!

There were quite a lot of children on the cruise ship, which generally I don't have a problem with, but I did get annoyed at the older ones taking over the Jacuzzi when it clearly stated no under 16s and the adult pool often had toddlers with armbands in it. No-one ever told them off though.

One of the big gripes for most people was the sunbed saga. People often got up early and put towels on to reserve the sunbeds and no-one ever said anything. We saw 2 sunbeds with towels on all day and no-one came to them. When the staff came to pack up the sunbeds we told them about the towels and they just laughed! Not so funny for those poor people who couldn't get a sunbed. The staff started packing up the sunbeds at around 6pm which is a really nice time of the day but if you wanted to sit out longer you were made to feel intimidated into leaving. There were quite few complaints about the sooty deposits I assume came from the funnels. It seemed to float down on people who were laid out at the back of the ship and ruined clothes and towels. There was a huge stack of sunbeds which were badly stained with soot which you didn't want to use, but sometimes there wasn't any other choice.

To summarize, I would say Thomson have relaxed their standards far too much in order to attract more people to cruising and spoilt it for some. If you like Butlins, Benidorm and Shameless, you will feel right at home on this cruise.

The formal night was disappointing. Thomson have relaxed the dress code too much in my opinion and although the majority of people made the effort, we saw a lot of (mainly men) casually dressed for the Captains night in crumpled open-necked shirts, and one even had a short-sleeved shirt, jeans and trainers! I'm not a snob, but if people don't want their cruise experience to be a little more special than your average package holiday, they have the choice of going to the cafe. Our photo taken in the restaurant showed people behind us dressed casually, which spoils the whole idea of formal night.

The excursions were interesting, although in some cases we felt the guides were more historians and provided a little too much information. It would have been better to not bombard us with all the facts and maybe supplement the information with brochures? The prices of the excursions were steep (as expected) so I would advise doing it yourself. We did a few ourselves and saved a fortune on what Thomson were charging. In some instances they made 100% profit - that's just a bit too greedy I felt.

Our cabin was great - we booked an outside plus and there was loads of room and wardrobe/drawer space. The shower room was quite small but we managed fine. The hairdryer in the bathroom was rubbish, but there was a better one in the dressing table drawer. There is a tv which doesn't transmit all the channels it claims to, but we didn't really watch tv too much. The cabin stewards were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, although I did find an item under the bed which had been left by the previous occupants, so it didn't get a deep clean! There is a safety deposit in the wardrobe, which you have to pay extra for and a selection of water, fizzy drinks and crisps, which are extortionate prices if you are foolish enough to indulge.

The all inclusive drinks package was well worth the money we paid, even though we don't drink loads, but we paid for it when we booked and it appears you get the best deals then. The cost if you bought it when you arrived on ship was at least double what we had paid. Strangely enough though, water was a premium drink and not included in the package! They also sell water as you get off the ship, but it's better to wait and buy it in port - another rip-off charge you should avoid.

The entertainment was quite good I thought - the usual bingo, quizzes and musicals. The dancers were very talented and the group that was on before the main show was also good (and they knew it) The comedian was very funny!

• Holiday details: Jul 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Spend a little more and go for an outside plus. Do the excursions yourself.

Majesty August Greece and Italy

"The Majesty may be getting older but the 2 weeks we spent on board was brilliant. Yes the cabins are small and tired but very comfortable and adequate for the small time spent in them. The cleaning staff are attentive and very helpful.

Entertainment was superb, with the young team of singers and dancers - led by Cruise Directors Paul and Adam (Ant and Dec)- top notch in both singing and dancing with superb costumes and backing music, etc.

Food was good without being outstanding and plentiful, on request, in the 2 waiter serviced dining rooms. The quality in the dining room was especially good and served by an entertaining and attentive group of male waiters - even down to their singing each night!

The trips were not expensive and varied so catered for most tastes.

Altogether a memorable start to cruising for our group and one definitely to be repeated.

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Take plenty of clothes sizes! The drinks package is very good value.

Great holiday ..... Again.

"DO NOT listen to the moaners. They will never be happy. We have just returned from a cruise on Thomson Majesty and it was great. Our balcony cabin was clean with plenty of room. Small bathroom but adequate. Towels white and changed when requested. Pleasant staff, always attentive. Food plentiful and tasty. Entertainment was good, they work really hard. Our trips were well organized. Yes, expensive but if you prefer to go independently you will save some money. Our 18yr old boys shared an outside cabin on deck 4 which they felt was adequate for their needs. If 2 style conscious teenagers can cope anyone can! There were always members of staff cleaning the ship whether it was the stairs, the lifeboats or the toilets. A friendly ship aiming to please - you just have to be willing to be pleased."

• Holiday details: Aug 2015

1 2 317 »

Average rating

Room: 6.5/10
Food: 7.5/10

Need a hotel before or after your Thomson Majesty cruise?

Check out these recommendations in ports for upcoming itineraries

Top traveller tips for Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship
  • by Linbob

" Try to dine around 7.30pm then you wont have to wait on a table. "

• by Andy Mills

" If you like a drink, buy the drinks package. You will save a fortune "

• by Amanda1

" eat in self service restaurant food was better there "

• by Jordane Keddie

" Get round everything on the ship. If you are not a big walker, take advantage of all the things happening on the ship. Check the Cruise News for times and places of fun activities! "

• by Terry Kershaw

" Plan to eat before 7.30 if you want to miss the que at the 7 Seas restaurant. "

• by EddieC

" get into dining room before 7 45 and get to theatre after dinner to get a seat "

• by Mull

" Eat in the Four Seasons and sunbathe on Deck 9 as Deck 10 gets too busy. "

• by d kilbee

" Get on level 6 or above cabin mid ships to keep engine noise levels to minimum. "

Do you own Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Thomson Majesty Cruise Ship? Share your insight.