Azura Cruise Ship

, P&O Cruises
Azura Cruise Ship

1 2 3 »
Superb overall experience and here's why...

"A throughly enjoyable cruise with plenty of opportunities to dance, laugh, relax and have fun! Check out this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flX2xqi4obk to see a snapshot of our holiday on board Azura."

• Holiday details: Jun 2015, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Fantastic Cruise

"Having read some of the reviews we were a bit concerned what we would find on this ship. However, we had a wonderful time on our 14 day Med cruise this month. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful at all times. Our cabin on level C was very nice, clean and with a big balcony partly shaded and partly in the sun. Although there were a lot of children on the ship (as it was the start of the summer holidays) they all seemed well behaved and entertained by the kids club staff.

As for the food, I could not fault it. We ate in the main restaurant most nights and always had a lovely meal with good service. Two nights we ate in Sindu (the fantastic Indian), one night in Epicurean (very fancy) and one night in the Glass house (superb fish and chips).

So please take some of the moaning reviews with a pinch of salt. Give the Azura a try and make up your own mind and I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

• Holiday details: Jul 2015
  • Advice: Balcony cabins give you some privacy and somewhere to sit when the sun decks are busy on sea days.

Azura great experience

"What can I say, but WOW! We have travelled with P&O Cruises twice on the Azura, 2014 and 2015. I do not normally write reviews, but after reading the other reviews complaining about the standards on the ship, I would say those reviews are rubbish! Staff are friendly, we was treated like royalty! The ship and cabins are spotless service is excellent to the point I tipped the waiters €40 on top of the gratuity. Regarding the price of drink and the entertainment! The drinks are no more expensive than your local pub or restaurant. Shows where like the west end which was exciting and enjoyable for all the family!

I am fussy when it comes to cleanness and service but no problems here!

Keep the good work up P&O!

• Holiday details: Apr 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Select 'Freedom Dining' so you don't miss the fantastic shows!

A great disappointment

"My wife is recovering from a serious operation,and this was to be our first holiday in four years.what a let down.the first week,the toilet in our balcony cabin would not flush,it took a week to fix it,we were having to find the public loos on the ship.the entertainment,although apparently good , one couldn't,t get in to see.the food and conditions in the buffet,were worse than being in a canteen,the staff didn't,t seem to care whether you had a drink or not.we were really upset by the food aspect,it was poor to say the least.we are not snobs,just ordinary people wanting value for our money.my wife is disabled,there was no help getting off at the various stops,in fact one chap stood at the top of the gangway,and watched my wife struggle up the steps,and when we got to the top said,are you okay,you can imagine my response.i was told that a lot of the regular staff had left the Acura to work on the Britannia,that should not be an excuse.the whole experience has made us very wary of going with p and o again."

• Holiday details: May 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Some interest in the customers needs,what they have paid for.

Awful experience - never again

"It seems the "nuro virus" strikes every time they set sail! Contained within our cabin for 4 days with no food as it was stone cold and left outside the door or we just didn't get anything! Made to wait 2 hours when getting off the ship in the cold for a bus and staff were extremely rude. Just sent a complaint in. Never again will we book with P&O, what a terrible experience.

Food - Awful

Service - Terrible - none of the staff spoke to you

Holiday enjoyment - none

• Holiday details: Jun 2015, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Don't go

worst cruise experience

"I have been on many cruises over the years mainly with Royal Caribbean and a couple of occasions with Thomson,s I found the standard and service on Thomson,s good Royal Caribbean excellent very welcoming.

However my recent cruise on the Azura can only be described as dreadful. Staff within the bar areas and restaurants unwelcoming service appeared disorganized cleanliness of the ship poor no soap in gents for two days in the Manhattan. I was on deck 10 empty drinks glass laying on hand rail for two days. I thought this is an accident waiting to happen. It did out break of nureo-virus many passengers ill cleanliness of ship put on red alert but no apparent improvement in cleanliness. Entertainment on the whole poor. Food in self service dinning awful.

Decor and layout of ship very dated for a new ship looks like 70 s hotel or a Bingo hall. Full of very unsatisfied passengers.

Avoid this ship/ cruise line save your money.

• Holiday details: Jun 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: To much to write.

Great cruise, terrible company

"I have recently got off the Azura which traveled to the Canary Islands, Portugal and northern Spain, the staff are the hardest working staff you'll ever meet. No request is too big. Food and drink were excellent as always and the ship was always clean. The entertainment was okay but after a few P&O cruises it can get boring. My only concern appeared after I returned home to find that P&O had ILLEGALLY taken an extra £160 out of my bank account on top of the money I had already settled with them at the end of my cruise. As you can imagine this was very frustrating. After I contacted my bank I was advised that it was not fraud as I had authorized P&O to use that card, however after my overall statement had been settled they continued to take money from my account after I had left the cruise, therefore stopped spending on board. The opening hours to complain are pathetic especially as money is continually coming from my account from them. I enjoyed my cruise but after their fraudulent transactions I shall NEVER go on a P&O cruise again, they have lost a good customer due to negligence, maybe their office staff should be as hard working as the ships staff."

First time cruiser

"Azura is a lovely ship very clean balcony cabin lovely and cabin steward cerin was brill all staff was very polite and helpful bar staff also brill entertainment good and Norway beautiful only fault I could find was the buffet eating areas very busy and sometimes searching for a table with people with trays of food doing the same got a bit frustrating food on offer was ok but could be a bit better the staff was brill though on the whole a good experience but might be a while before I would go cruising again"

• Holiday details: May 2015, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: In prove buffet seating

Azura Cruise Norway

"I agree with some of the other reviews of a cruise on the Azura. Food in the self-service restaurant was of very poor quality. No change of menus in any restaurants we visited. Breakfast in the main restaurants closed at 9am, far too early. Poor staff communication, particularly reception, where having arrived by air at Stavanger instead of embarking at Southampton, we were told by the immigration officer who needed to see our passports upon disembarkation that we had delayed him. We had actually arrived at the prescribed time but reception had failed to contact us to inform us of a revised time. Queues to re-embark at ports, because not enough ship gates were open, particularly annoying as it was raining. Excursions were excellent but very expensive for example £48 approx. per person for a 4 hour bus trip. Our sea view cabins were very good and comfortable. Shop staff were very helpful. Entertainment staff made a real effort. But to put it in a nutshell, the overall experience was one of being processed by the P and O shareholders to improve their dividends, rather than being treated as a valued customer. Sorry Azura, but you need to up your game!"

• Holiday details: May 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Get a seaveiw cabin it is worth the extra charge

Lovely repositioning cruise on Azura!

"This was our second cruise, but first time crossing the Atlantic and I was a little unsure about so many sea days but I shouldn't have worried it was fantastic!

We flew from Birmingham on a Dream liner which was lovely, there was a bit of miscommunication as our plane arrived 1hr early but there were no coaches to pick us up, this led to waiting on the plane & again once at the terminal, but once on the ship our holiday started!

We were on C deck in a balcony room which was lovely! Cabin steward introduced himself & was always friendly, and kept the cabin very clean. Balcony is really big on C deck!!!

We were on 1st sitting which we found a little early for us so we only went to the restaurant once! We went to Sindhu twice which was lovely, and the glasshouse about 6 times......we loved the ambiance & staff in the glasshouse. We also used the buffet, food was of good standard but I didn't enjoy trying to find a table while your dinner went cold!

Entertainment at night was excellent, during the day it was ok.

Overall we found the staff friendly & helpful, and loved the Captain's daily updates & "thought of the day"

We found the ship very clean, and well organized.

We enjoyed this cruise so much that we have booked for another transatlantic cruise!

• Holiday details: Mar 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Visit Sindhu......well worth the cover charge!

Dreadful

"We have been on many cruises as we love cruising, and we booked our new year cruise many months prior as we were celebrating my dads 70th birthday, the cruise cost our family over 10,000 pounds and what a total waste of money. The ship was filthy in every single area, the staff were rude and so unhelpful, the food had no choice and seemed the same every day steak or pork ! Our whole family went down with a nuro virus which the doctor on the ship said most of the passengers and staff had, which i think is totally unacceptable that my children had to spend many days in bed being so very ill. the entertainment was appalling , the ship although only a few years old looked so old fashioned to other ships we had been on we were very disappointed and infant really gutted we had spent so much on what was to be our special celebrations turned out to be our biggest disappointment

I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, booked with Cruise direct
  • Advice: Rebuild it

P & O Cruise standards are falling at a great rate of knots!

"Azura is a beautiful ship. Have been on 30+ cruises and have never come home before without feeling I had had an amazing time. I feel let down having spent good money on a rubbish holiday.

There is no longer silver service in the restaurant, but a plated meal is brought for you, usually not warm enough but cremated. You then start the search for the food! Some nights the meal portions were very small indeed. The breakfast and lunchtime buffets are dreadful, there is little selection and usually at lunchtime the left overs are used from the previous evenings meal.

Entertainment wonderful.

Surprises to see so many ladies with colored heir, eg. blue, orange, pink, purple, and lots of both men and women with tattoos.

Cruises no better than a third class holiday camp.

• Holiday details: Sep 2014, booked with Cumbria Cruises
  • Advice: Stay at home and save your money.

1 2 3 »

Food: 6/10
Value: 5.5/10
Top traveller tips for Azura Cruise Ship
  • by Ship Ahoy

" Balcony cabin for peace and quiet and views "

• by Mervyn Hancock

" Freedom dining is far superior to club - eat when you are hungry and at the time to suit you. "

Do you own Azura Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Azura Cruise Ship? Share your insight.