Dania Magec Resort

Average rating (56 reviews)
Hotel photo More hotel photos

Recent traveller reviews

Closest airport: Tenerife Norte (TFN) (13.3 miles)

Map for Dania Magec Resort

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Dania Magec Resort

About Dania Magec Resort

Puerto de la Cruz is a very popular tourist resort on the northern coastline of Tenerife. It’s also the location of the equally-popular Dania Magic Resort, which is a three-star hotel right in the heart of the action in the area. If you’re searching for a hotel in a good location for enjoying all the local amenities, sights and attractions, this could be the one.

The resort is very affordable, making it ideal for families looking for a cost-effective break in Tenerife. Couples will also appreciate the many features of the hotel, not to mention its proximity to the charming Old Town and the many upmarket shopping facilities nearby as well. Add in the old fishing port and you can enjoy many gentle strolls around town hand in hand.

The hotel also provides you with a nice base if you intend to get out and about exploring everything this side of Tenerife has to offer. The journey time from the airport is no more than about half an hour, since you’ll transfer from Tenerife North. All in all Dania Magic Resort is a real winner for many people.

Facilities, Entertainment, Activities

You’ll enjoy the swimming pool provided for your use, which can be found on the rooftop terrace, complete with a wide selection of sun loungers to help you soak up the rays. With the addition of a swim-up bar, there is clearly an extra thrill here! If you’d rather head to the beach with the kids, you only have around 600 metres to walk to get there.

The centrally-located hotel also puts you within easy reach of everything Puerto de la Cruz has to offer by way of nightlife and days out. From bars to nightclubs, there is something here to delight couples looking for a little more liveliness, as well as those looking for a nice meal in the local area.

Room Information and Room Facilities

A variety of rooms are on offer at the Dania Magic Resort. They are very appealingly furnished, with comfortable beds and many nice rustic touches. Each room has its own private bathroom and you can also rely on the air conditioning to keep you cool however hot it gets outside. Furthermore you’ll have your own balcony or terrace to enjoy, so you can get a great view out over Puerto de la Cruz before you go down to explore it up close.

Other facilities in the rooms include your own personal safe for security, and a telephone. You certainly won’t find it difficult to settle in when you arrive at the Dania Magic Resort, thanks to the friendly welcome from staff and the appealing and comfortable room facilities.

Food and Drink Options

The hotel restaurant is charming to say the least. Furnished with rustic tables and chairs and situated in a cosy area featuring plenty of lush greenery, you’ll agree it is the perfect location in which to enjoy a nice meal. You can dig into the buffet selection provided at mealtimes, which provides you with a chance to enjoy several different dishes throughout your stay. There will always be something that appeals.

You can also make use of the snack bar and café if you’d rather have something lighter to eat. On the other hand, with a mini-market nearby you have the opportunity to buy a few snacks to eat in your room or take to the beach. As you can see, the Dania Magic Resort provides you with a little bit of everything to choose from during your stay. Whatever type of holiday you’re after in Tenerife, you are sure to get what you need when you stay at this particular hotel.

Elegance Dania Park is excellent value for money

"We are just back from another holiday at the Dania which is excellent value for money and in a great location close to the center of Puerto De La Cruz and very near the bus station. Rooms are kept very clean with plenty of clean towels. The manager, Jose, is so helpful - we book direct with the hotel."

• Holiday details: Jan 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Try to get a room with a view of Mt Teide

Change of name and company

"The Dania is now called Elegance Dania Park and has been taken over by an entirely different company. There is NO connection with the Magec which has also changed its name but I cannot remember what it is at present.

I am only interested in the Dania, since I never liked the former Magec.

I will probably book a holiday to the Elegance Dania Park for next winter in the hope that new management may have improved the place. Be aware, however, that the Elegance now charges 3 euros per day extra for the use of a fridge which was formerly free!

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: ideally situated. Not for anyone under 50, mostly retired people.

Much improved

"I went this year for what I expected to be the last time. Found that the food situation has finally improved tremendously after the disastrous menus of the previous few years. Mainly new chefs who are much more adventurous with the dishes and seasoning and much, much better variety. There was also more evening entertainment in the form of dancing/line-dancing. So, instead of my last time, I fully hope to return again next winter! Apart from this things are still very much the same as before. Rooms need updating badly, although I did notice that bedding and towels were of a much better quality than last year. Room cleaning is still as exellent as usual, full marks to the maids who, I think, are overworked, yet always have a smile for us guests. Swimming pools and plenty sunbeds as per ususal.

Anyone who needs a reasonably priced hotel with quite edible food in an ideal location to get around, should now give it a try. Just don't believe the original 4 star rating, once upon a time, yes, but not now. I would however rate it now somewhere close to a 3 star.

• Holiday details: Feb 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots of local eateries and bars to try out within easy walking distance.

still no improvement

"I was hoping against hope that things would be improved this year. No such luck. The hotel is getting shabbier every time I visit and the dinners are now unspeakably bad, not surprising since the chef told me he had no time to taste/test the food!

In its favour however are the cleanliness of the rooms, the friendliness of the staff and its situation, especially during carnival time.

Frankly at present the best thing would be to go on a bed and breakfast basis, that way it is a good deal.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012, booked with Airtours
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks

We will go to this hotel again

"We stayed in the Magec Hotel part of Dania/Magec complex. This aged hotel is comfortable and clean. They provide clean towels daily and clean sheets three times a week and the rooms are cleaned daily with plenty of hot water at any time of day. We had a lovely balcony with the sun from 1:00 onwards.

We had the choice of two restaurants and we would eat our evening meal at the Dania. The vegetables are never cooked the same as at home but at least there was vegetables to choose from and their pork chops were beautiful. We never had to go buy food outside of the hotel, we always found something we liked although others did complain. We thought Magec good value for money.

• Holiday details: Feb 2012
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Very well

"I was at Dania Magec Hotel during a few weeks last year and the experience was great beacuse me and my boyfriend had a great time at the pool, at the beach and at the all lovely places inside the hotel and in Puerto de la Cruz. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great and the service was perfect. I will come back to Puerto de la Cruz next summer and without a doubt I will choose again Dania Magec Hotel-"

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Good place to stay in Puerto de la Cuz

"Last month I was at Dania Magec Hotel in Puerto de la Cruz during a few days with my husband, we choose the hotel even when before we read some reviews against the hotel....but now I think that it was a good choice, Dania Magec Hotel is a good place to stay in Puerto de la Cruz because its location, because of the service, because of the food and because it's a comfortable hotel with great rooms. I recommend this place for those who are looking for a good hotel in Puerto de la Cruz for a good price..."

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Good place to relax!

"I was at Dania Magec hotel on last january, I chose that place because I read a few good comments about it and I have to say that it was a good choice because the hotel is pretty nice, the rooms are comfortable and clean....the location of the hotel is perfect because is near of all interesting places in Puerto de la Cruz...the food was great and service was excellent...I recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a good place to stay in Puerto de la Cruz"

• Holiday details: Jan 2012, Room Only, Booked Independently

Good Choice, good hotel

"I was at Dania Hotel last year during my first time in Puerto de la Cruz, now I know that it was a good choice, because the hotel is near of any interesting place in Puerto de la Cruz, the service is good...the rooms, at least mine, are big and comfortable and the food was pretty good...I think that Dania Magec Hotel is a good choice for those who are looking for a good pplace for a good price..."

• Holiday details: Nov 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently

4 star?

"Years ago, yes. Now maybe between 2 and 3 star. I have been coming here for about 10 years and have noticed it deteriorating.

Trouble is it really needs proper management and a complete overhaul. Having said that, the rooms are always very clean. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, but my being a long standing regular may well have something to do with that.

Food has become almost inedible during the last couple of years, greasy, cold and tasteless. Kitchen management not very good, last holiday they ran out of butter and for 2 days gave us margarine! 4 star?

Even so I intend going back once more, but without considerable improvements it will be the last time.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, half board, booked with Airtours
  • Advice: eat out

Good choice!!

"I was at Dania Magec Hotel last year during a few days with my husband. The experience was great, the hotel is very nice and comfortable. The hotel is near of the beach and the most interesting places in Puerto de la Cruz. The service is just excellent, the food offer is good and finally, I think that is good and non expensive hotel. I recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a good stay in Puerto de la Cruz"

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Greatest Choice!

"I went with my husband I have to say that we loved it, it is a great place to spend time to relax it was an excellent week for us in wich we really can say that we rest enough and the hotel was helpful with our mission, the service was excellent ando the food was delicious. The pool is a romantic place were couples can spend time to get closer like we do.

I have only one thing to say: We wanna go back

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently

Location
8/10

Top traveller tips for Dania Magec Resort

• by clampking

" robin hood /lemon tree /trip to see dolphins and whales "

• by a fellow traveller

" nice place but hilly so no good for anyone with walking problem "

• by Jorkey

" Request a room on the upper floors, the view is magnificent "

• by Di Gray

" purchase a cheap parasol if you like sunbathing, there were never enough available on the sun roof. "

• by abrante

" ideally situated for buses, post office, shops, pubs and restaurants "

Traveller photos

Traveller photo of Dania Magec Resort Traveller photo of Dania Magec Resort Traveller photo of Dania Magec Resort Dania Magec Resort photos (4 traveller photos)