Flamboyan Caribe

Hotel photo More hotel photos

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Flamboyan Caribe

1 2 3 »
Hardly worth 2 stars!

"The hotel itself is lovely, easily a 4 star hotel. The staff was amazing, especially the front desk staff…couldn’t have been more accommodating and helpful. Unfortunately, we had a negative experience every day we were there, many of which showed a lack of concern for the comfort and safety of the guests. At check-in, the woman who handled our process, and seemed to be just learning the job, took our passports for ID. No problem. After getting to our room…beautiful with a gorgeous view of the Mediterranean…I discovered my permanent residency card was missing. Also, neither of our room key cards would activate the power in the room. After frantic searching for my permanent residency card, we assumed we had dropped and lost it somewhere. I went back down to report the problem with the power. I was then told that they had accidentally kept my permanent residency card and were going to let me know about it later on! I was also told that they had failed to give me a separate power activation card at check in. That night we had trouble sleeping, as the pillow was so flat it was virtually non-existent. The following morning we were given extra pillows. (As I said, the staff was very accommodating!) We had a bed & breakfast arrangement. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of hot and cold dishes. Unfortunately, the “hot” dishes were luke warm at best and often just plain cold. The 3rd day we had arranged for a 7:00 AM wake up call. We never got the wake-up call, but at 7:20 someone from the front desk called to ask if we’d gotten our wake-up call! The next morning we were awakened with a 7:00 AM wake-up! We were told the system had broken down the day before so they just reset all the wake-up calls to take effect on the next day!!! On the 5th day our toilet started dripping. Someone came up to fix it while we were gone and left the floor filthy! The sixth day the elevator wouldn’t work when we got into it (our room was in the Caribe building). It just stayed on our floor, and kept opening and closing the door there. We reported this to the front desk and were told it would be fixed. That night we tried the dinner buffet. The food was again ice cold. We also learned that we could not get any coffee or tea with our meal…that it was only available at breakfast! We were told that if we wanted coffee or tea, we had to go upstairs to the bar and buy it and bring it back down to the buffet ourselves! The next day the elevator was broken again, and we reported it a second time. On the following day, we got trapped on the elevator! After using the emergency phone, we were told someone would come to get us out of the elevator. The only reason we were able to get off was that after a little it went up to the third floor where someone had pressed the button. An employee then showed up and just taped an out of order sign on the elevator door…on the third floor!!! There were a men’s and women’s toilet near the restaurant, but they were both out of order and closed the entire 9 days we were at the hotel. They had a shower and toilet near the pool, but my wife informed that the toilet didn’t flush and there was no lock on the door! In front of the hotel is a fountain that never worked while we were there. The grass in front of the hotel was never mowed while we were there and was over-run with tall weeds and dandelions. I emailed the hotel with these complaints after my return home. They took no responsibility for anything that I described, said I was wrong about many of the things I listed, ignored about half of them since there was no way to excuse the problems we encountered, and told me they would not give me any remuneration because I hadn't reported these problems to their corporation as per some contract they said I had signed! I NEVER ASKED FOR OR EXPECTED TO RECEIVE ANY REMUNERATIONS! I just wanted to make them aware of the conditons there so they could address them. Don't stay at this terrible place!"

• Holiday details: Apr 2015, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't stay there!

Excellent

"Ive just come back from a week all inclusive at this hotel

For the price we paid we couldn't have got any better, the reception staff were very friendly and spoke very good english and extremely helpful. The room was cleaned everyday, fresh towels and beds made and we even had our clothes folded and put on our beds!

The food and drink was of a good standard, we only had entertainment 1 night this week as is end of season, but that was good, and with the magaluf nightlife on your doorstep, whos needs entertainment.

The pool was a little small for the size of the hotel, but could get a sunbed or the beach which is lovely was a 2 min walk away.

We didnt have a sea view but the sea view was amazing, we looked out over the front of the hotel in the hustle and bustle of lively Magaluf

The only bad thing i have to say is that we had a lack of electric sockets in our particular room, one in the bathroom and one in living area...none in bedroom

All in all I would definately recommend this hotel, and would have no hesitation in returning.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Direct Holidays

would never go back

"room decent food average staff friendly view beautiful,but a very big but ,we suffered being woken at least three times in the week with lager louts ,we like a bit of fun ourselves ,one idiot tried to get in our room at 4-30 am too drunk to know where he was .there was no entertainment other than louts shouting and swearing who took most of the seating areas up in bar and patio ."

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: don,t go there

STAY AWAY

"Hotel is not 3/4 star location view is fantastic but everything else is poor. food was awful, two members got food poisoning. service was very very slow, very small public areas. facilities poor. entertainment rubbish. too few bar staff so 20 min wait, lager not cold, etc,etc . just stay away. a lot better in magaluf. ,"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Med Hotels
  • Advice: not worth the risk of being bad

just got back from 2 week stay at...

"just got back from 2 week stay at caribe, room basic but very clean, hotel spotless cleaners working all day, food and restaurant excellent, excellent entertainment, staff very friendly and helpful. asked for extra pillars upon arrival, these were placed into room within one hour of askiong for them. nothing is too much trouble for the staff. hotel is very well managed, staff are all professional and immaculately dressed. restaurant spotless you could eat off the floor. food excellent with wide variety. pool area clean and lots of free sunloungers. plenty of daytime activities too keep you occupied if needed. small resort, but the locals are very friendly. small amount of shops and bars in easy location. beach is small but sea has load of seaweed and jelly fish in. overall good location of hotel and amenities. would definately go back and recommend to anybody with children very family orientated. excellent value for money. will definately return again."

My family, a friends family and my...

"My family, a friends family and my boyfriend went this hotel last october, and we are going back this october.

The food was loverly, never left without a fully belly.

Pool area is always kept clear and the beach is a 20 sec walk down the steps next to it. Plenty of snack places with a minet walking distance for lunch.

Beach is well kept and the water is clear.

There is also a jaccuzzi on the hotel site near the pool wich you just sit and look at the beach , along with the beautiful scenery.

Being a mixture of ages aged from 13 to 49, nobody was ever bored. Clubs for the 18 year olds and nice bars for the adults.

Hotel room is always kept clean and never had a problem with the facilities.

Cant wait to go back!! this is an amazing resort and a wonderful hotel.

Flamboyan hotel must have been...

"Flamboyan hotel must have been rennovated because i think it was perfect, with a really good location of having the beach right on your doorstep and really good for young people as the hotel is so close to the strip. The hotel is not really suited to young people as old people and families tend to stay there. The only problem was the man at reception who was really grumpy and creepy, so the hotel is not so good if your young and want to have fun.

But everyone else is really nice and friendly especially the maids. The hotel makes you feel really safe as you are slightly away from the strip but still close. I had an amazing holiday!

The hotel was absolutely perfect,...

"The hotel was absolutely perfect, with a really good location of having the beach right on your doorstep and really good for young people as the hotel is so close to the strip. The hotel is not really suited to young people as old people and families tend to stay there. The only problem was the man at reception who was really grumpy and creepy, so the hotel is not so good if your young and want to have fun.

I went to the Flamboyan Caribe Hotel...

"I went to the Flamboyan Caribe Hotel early July 2007. I went with my partner and three other couples. We are early twenties so went mainly for the nightlife but also sun and entertainment.

When we arrived we were really pleased with the location, right next to a busy bar. A short walk from the best clubs. The swimming pool although small was never full as most people preferred to sunbathe and swim at the beach, which couldn't have been closer.

The view from our room was poor, but as we were only there to shower, change and sleep it was not important.

The food was reasonable. I am a vegetarian and found there was a good amount of choice for breakfast and the evening meal. For the price we paid I wouldn't expect 5* cuisine!

All in all a great holiday, definitely somewhere I would recommend to anyone up for a great tan and great nightlife!

We stayed at this hotel in early...

"We stayed at this hotel in early October, as it was the end of the busy season although this was a spotless and clean hotel with spacious room and bathroom with maid service, every day the food was plain and totally uninspired.

The same food every morning except for a different cooked sausage some which were inedible. The evening meal consisted mainly of salad and pasta with one or two meat dishes one of them once being rabbit.

The staff were helpful and polite but there was no entertainment except for the sound of{ I think} a cd which played all day and night till the bar closed.

This hotel was right on the beach and only for that reason would I go back and only then on a bed only basis.

This hotel is appalling. Our first...

"This hotel is appalling. Our first night we arrived there the bathroom window fell out of the wall! The hotel staff attempted to wedge it in with a newspaper then resulting in a flood. We then had to complain to get our room changed to the floor below.

The staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. The food to be completely frank was rubbisht. There was no variety; it was cold and some of the breakfast wasn't cooked properly. We had to eat out after having upset stomachs.

Not a place I would recommend. The only positive is the location.

The hotel was horrible! The food was...

"The hotel was horrible! The food was disgusting and you couldn't even call dinner a meal we used to have- a bit of cheese, ham and pasta shells. This is not a meal and personally made us feel ill on every occasion we ate there. Especially one night when we had what we thought was pasta curls, which actually turned out to be ravioli. That evening we go ready to go out and both felt sick we nearly didn't make it out.

This is absolutely unacceptable and we can't believe the amount we paid compared to the quality we received.

Also, the hotel was so quiet, everytime we played music we got moaned and shouted at in a different language that we didn't even understand. If families want a quiet holiday then DO NOT go to Magaluf. I'm sorry but you should know that young people go there for a fun filled holiday, not to be told to shut up 24/7.

And a final word of warning to all future customers (we feel so sorry for you), DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!

1 2 3 »