Skipsea Sands Holiday Park

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 5/10
Value: 7.5/10

1 2 3 4 »
Holiday yes - but do not buy

"I have never wrote anything negative before but feel that after 18 years at Skipsea Sands Holiday Park I have to for someone at Park Resorts to take notice, and to warn others before they invest a lot of money into a holiday home there.

On the positive we had a static caravan on site for 18 years (including prior to Park Resorts) - it is a lovely area with plenty to do, a great village pub, safe for children and entertainment is generally good. The holiday let staff are very pleasant and helpful. However do not go here with young children and no car as the only beach access is by foot onto a disused road (the wrong side of the crumbling cliff danger warning) and then a reasonable walk to another site where they may have steps or you will have to scramble down the cliffs.

The bars are expensive but you expect that and there is the village pub or "Beach Club" next door which also has entertainment. The pool and leisure center is good.

Therefore for a holiday, if you have a car, good.

The negative - to buy a caravan will cost you a lot of money (caravan, fees, rates, checks, gas, electric, insurance and depreciation) and we noted that prices were not displayed for a lot of the older caravans despite owners asking last year for honest pricing. You will see on other sites that owners have complained about feeling mistreated and "ripped off" by Park Resorts. Sadly my overwhelming feeling since Park Resorts took over is that they are just interested in making money at any cost - you do not feel valued as an owner and the joy of a second home is lost as it does not feel like yours. We have been given so much conflicting advice by Skipsea Sands.

I was told by a Sales Manager that the site has five stars on TripAdvisor and my opinion does not matter. I pointed out that one unhappy customer has a ripple effect on publicity. How said to value your customer base so little. Unfortunately I did not get the person's name but they were rude and condescending when I asked for a copy of my contract with the site. The Senior Sales Manager then came over was abusive and shouted, put his hand in my face and then said he would not talk to me only my husband in his office. When we refused he told me to leave - I refused. I wish to add that our enquirers were dealt with an hour later by two very pleasant members of staff at the Sales Office, and my complaint about the behavior was taken seriously by the holiday staff (but no response yet).

If you are reading this and think I'm just causing trouble - I'm not. Just it is a large investment and you want to be happy and relaxed. Holiday yes, but shop around if buying and be aware of false promises.

Sadly for a company making memories I didn't expect them to give me nightmares.

• Holiday details: Jul 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Eat and drink outside of the park

Not a very nice holiday

"I have been returning to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park for a couple of years now all was good until this break, Every morning i would awake and have to clear dog mess from around my caravan even walking around the site I observed a few couples walking there dogs letting them foul and just walk off not cleaning after them.I went a complained all i got told was we will sort it nothing got done. I use to like going to Skipsea Sands Holiday Park but after this break i will not be returning will look at other places to go."

• Holiday details: Jun 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: no pets

DISGUSTING

"I stayed on the Touring field for a week in Aug with my two young children. I have to say i will not be retuning to this park, what a disgrace, we decided to eat in the restaurant for tea, it was 5PM the place was empty, there was not one clean table to sit at, and there was food sprawled along the floor. The bar was swimming in bear and the staff stood about chatting, the table were all sticky, i asked a member of the kitchen staff to come and clean the tables, he did with dry blue roll!!! The curtains and windows were covered in cobwebs and spiders the toilets were awful, no hand wash or toilet roll the bin was overflowing and it stank. My son went to adjust his chair when he did he got his fingers stuck because the seat wasnt actually attached to the chair, this resulted in him having black nails for a week.

I also was subjected to foul language, as i was sitting outside the caravan two members of cleaning staff were swearing like troopers behind the hedge. During my trip I complained to 4 members of staff, none of them really gave any concern, I then wrote a letter of complaint on my return, Skipsea Sands basically said sorry we will fix it!!! This place needs flattening in order to fix it.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont go there.

BAR STAFF DISGRACE

"I have just returned from the skip sea caravan holiday parks with 5 of my family members, we shared a bronze caravan which we were very pleasuently surprised with. 3 Bedrooms which were decent in size for all and 2 bathrooms and a large kitchen and dining area. I enjoyed the holiday overall however there were a few things that i found very poor. The entertainment was the same every night, the same acts and the same songs, and the music was ridiculously loud we had to take our 2 year old son home because he had a bad ear ache. The one thing that got me about this holiday, is the bar staff were absolutely disgusting. On several occasions we had waited at least 15 minutes for a pint. the first occasion we waited 10 minutes for a drink while the staff decided to go away in the back, while there was a massive Que. The second time was appalling. I waited with my husband for 15 minutes while 2 of the bar staff stood there and giggled at their mobiles. It got to the point where my husband has to ask them if they were serving us, to their response "in a minute" we were disgusted so we walked into a different bar where we then told the bar manager and instead of apologizing on their behalf, he told us that we were being unreasonable. I do NOT find this acceptable and they need to get some GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: DONT GO TO THE BAR IN THE COMPLEX!

SKIPSEA SANDS HOLIDAY PARK

"the platinum caravan was clean modern and comfortable the bed very comfortable WE werein BEMPTOM MEADOWS Grass was cut could park car next to caravan and it had outside lighting WONDERFUL but WHILST CARAVAN PARK AND STAFF WERE GREAT . Bar staff use one cloth for all tables , this made the tables sticky, THE Childrens entertainment was great BUT THE ADULT ENTERTAINMENT WAS FROM POOR TO AVERAGE , offset by a good variety to drink in the barmade up for this. Rating 9/10 and will go again . the fishing on site is terrible possible cause young pond needs a couple of years to mature and the ducks are a nuisence but we found a great site in ulrome one mile a way so was very happy. husband was happy too"

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: better cleaning bar tables and better evening entertainment for adults

Skipsea Sands Short Break

"We booked this break via the Sun newspaper £9.50 holidays. We had a lovely caravan, very clean, and found the park itself to be well kept and clean. Admittedly, there probably isn't a lot for families with children, but it is a small park, and we weren't expecting it to be an all singing all dancing park, like some of the bigger ones are. The staff were all pleasant, very helpful, particularly when my daughter realised she had dropped her purse in the club, and we had to go back after the club had closed, and the entertainment was pretty good for a small park in October, something was put on each night, unlike some, where the entertainment out of season consists of a couple of staff members doing alternate Karaoke songs. Definitely good value for money. The only downside was that, and this has been mentioned by previous reviews and not the fault of the park, due to the awful coastal erosion taking place, you are unable to go on any little walks along the coast from the park, or get access to the beach. All in all, a good break and a good park"

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: You need a car

Fab long weekend break in static caravan for me and my daughter

"Unsure what to expect, as with reading reviews but each to their own. My toddler and I had a lovely break in a spacious caravan and although I was ill, we made the most of it. Prior to check in we called at the Chip shop just next to the resort and near the eroded cliff. We had a nosey at the road closure and got some lovely chips and took them back to our caravan. Staff upon arrival and departure were friendly and helpful. Went to Bridlington for trip out one day, had walk along sea front, ride on Pirate Ship, ride on Puffa Train and tea and scone in local cafe. We had a lovely day and the journey by car wasn't too far. The next day we went into Hornsea and had Sunday dinner in a pub and a walk around the town, didn't really see much as everything was closed. We only used the swimming pool facilities on site, due to being ill, so didn't see any bars, restaurants, kids clubs, arcades etc, plus I had brought everything apart from the kitchen sink with us, as I like to be prepared. The swimming pool was lovely and hardly anyone in when we went in on Sunday afternoon, it wasn't particulary cold like reviews had specified, all very clean and an enjoyable experience. We had a drive around the site and all appeared very clean and the touring field looked impressive and had a play area and park for children and a pond. Would recommend."

skip sea sands

"worst holiday we have had in years the toilets a disgrace shower blocks human crap smeared on walls nothing for kids to do during the day apart from spending loads of money on bandits clubhouse beer overpriced and not that good flat pint lets just hope the coastel errosion hurrys up and take the place with it"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go somewhere else

touring holliday

"I would recomend this site 100%,on arrival we were greeted by warm helpfull staff, pitch size GREAT ,the toilets,washing

area and showers were the cleanest i have been in,and kept that way by a cleaner 2 to 3 times daily,

After reading some negative reviews befor deciding to go here

we where very suprised by what we found ,WE COULD FIND NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT,the site was clean,quiet,all the staff from reception down to the rangers were helpfull and polite

A GREAT 10 DAYS WAS HAD

paul/babs & rita

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, TOURER, Booked Independently
  • Advice: None

Bit of a dissapointment.

"Caravan it self was in good order! Beds quite uncomfortable.

The reason for the low score is for the lack of things do do for younger children (0-5 yrs).

My child is 18 months old and there was very little for her to do, the ONLY child's play area (Wacky Warehouse style) you had to PAY for and it was £2.50 for 2 hours.

Not bad you may think but anyone with younger children will know they would not play in there for that length of time!

The only other entertainment was a kind of kids club in the morning but very few people went (3 of us in fact) and that was a few toys on the dance floor.

The over all resort could do with a face lift, some areas where looking very run down. The bowling machines where not working and had been out of order for about a week. (still out of order when we left).

My wife and I tried the Archery (£4 each) and they only had 1 bow and 3 arrows, was not bad because there where only the 2 of us but any more than that and it would NOT of been worth the money....

Food in the sports man bar was GOOD value. The NIGHT entertainment was typical "holiday" entertainment so some may like some may NOT.

Would I go to Skipsea again! maybe if it had a refurb. If not then NO.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: travel to Bridlington

To Our Expectations

"We have just returned from our Sun holiday booked trip to Skipsea Sands. We wanted a nice little break in a pleasant caravan, and got this. It was nice accomodation, in a clean well maintained park. Yes, it is dated, and the staff there whilst polite, could do with some customer service training. Felt at times like the Reception team needed to grow up and be more professional.

The erosion has clearly affected this park, though the walk to the beach was not far, and essentially it's September so were glad to be on the move. The bar was nice, and very pleasant staff. A could pint and meal. Arcades were fun. Did not use the pool as ran out of time.

Over all have returned home having had a great break. The caravan was clean, well maintained, and though cold, this is all part of a caravan holiday for me. I do think if this had been full price for us, and not a Sun holiday, i may have been disappointed. But would return with the same deal.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: plan your holiday and what you want to do before you go

average some parts need upgrading

"just come back from from skipsea not a bad site most of staff very helpful, some areas in need of upgrading shower blocks not great could do with a clean more often entertaintment areas rather dated, think it would be alot better if these areas were improved"

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Skipsea Sands Holiday Park Closest airport: Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield (DSA) 47.8 miles

Top traveller tips for Skipsea Sands Holiday Park
  • by amy2849

" Ellies maes bistro "

• by willow

" you need a car as it is out in the countryside "

• by **@**

" Take a bath mat with you as there is no grip on the bath "