Sol Lanzarote

Hotel photo More hotel photos

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 5.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sol Lanzarote

1 2 37 »
4* ????? No Way !

"Just returned after 1 week, 2 adults and 2 16 year old boys. A last minute change as due to go to Tunisia. Lot of choices of hotels but picked this as it supposed to have lots of sport facilities to keep lads happy. It Doesn't. Loads of things on website ie:archery,rifle shooting,bowling alley...!!!!!! They DON'T EXIST.Lads bored out of their brains every night as only entertainment was for little kids.The hotel is no way a 4*. Whoever classed it as such has obviously never been to a proper 4*. The food is repetitive and pretty bland. Unless you get down to dinner early whats left is cold and congealed.....and I am not a fussy eater !Lunch at pool bar always the same...burger,some deep fried vegetable,chips and pizza.The pool area is hardly ever cleaned and the tiles around it are dangerous.Saw loads of people slip son included. On last day there were 2 bad falls...1 little boy cut his chin open and a man slipped and fell badly while carrying his baby.Beware !There is only 1 bar open in the evening and queues stretched to lobby some nights.Beer and wine quite nice.If you haven't got small children this is definitely not the hotel for you !. It is overrun with running screaming kids day and night.The all inclusive finishes at 12pm so if you have a late flight like us you are left to pay for any food and drink from that time until you leave. However we got round this by sending just 1 person down to give in both room keys when checking out so only 1 wrist band was removed and rest of us carried on getting drinks and snacks all day.The rooms are spacious...we had sea view and was lovely.Towels changed daily...only fault is that floors not mopped and some travel beakers that we use for travel kettle taken from room.On the whole the staff are friendly and polite....only a couple of grumps.Don't know weather any of these faults will be rectified when it goes completely all inclusive.??? Who knows...but at moment would class it as a 2*...possibly 3. !"

• Holiday details: Jun 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont expect alot....and ignore the false advertising on the website.

Disappointing Hotel to stay

"Looks can be very deceiving-lobby is spacious with fountains.Booked this Hotel on half board basis through a Travel Operator and was advertised as 4 star Hotel. There were no amenities in the bathroom like shampoo, hand lotion, cotton buds, wash cloths etc. If you want to use a safe deposit box which is a permanent fixture in the room you will be charged for 25 Euros for two weeks(this fee was never advertised when we booked the Hotel so it was a surprise charge. One of the blankets was torn and was never replaced. Room cleaning is abysmal, ie; glasses used were never cleaned and no dusting or sweeping the floor. There was no tea making facilities in the room. Wifi is charged at 4 Euros per hour. Bad experience specially charging for the use of Safe Deposit Box. This Hotel is run by cowboys, they're only after extracting extra money and do not provide basic good service to guests in a Hotel rated as 4*."

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, booked with Travel Republic
  • Advice: Walk the promenade to Arrecife and book a tour to see the Volcanoes and also riding the camels.

never again 4 star no way

"Myself and wife and our son [44] booked a weeks stay at the Sol Lanzarote we arrived was inform our room was not ready for at least 2hours went to the bar the drink was crap went for a meal food was okayin fact the best part of the hotel went to our room after another hours wait we booked a room any where but the ground floor yes you have got it our room was the on the ground floor and the last block from anywhere ask the guy about our room we got a move to the second floor main building but we had to wait until 1800hr for it we arrived at 1205hrs the room was okay very outdated but that's life the room was not CLEANED AT ALL FOR THE 7DAYS WE WERE IN IT yes changed the towels pulled the bed covers over the bed BEDDING WAS NOT CHANGE EITHER 4STAR HA HA YES YOU ARE RIGHT MY FAMILY WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK TO THAT 1STAR HOTEL AGAIN the hotel looks great at the main entrance if you have a problem with walking stay well clear on this hotel every thing is on ramps every one i spoke to in this hotel said the same about the cleaning and as for evening entertainment [WHAT] ?????"

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with Thomas Cook

"Horrendous to say the least..... On arrival looks can be very deceiving.... On checking in, I advised the Receptionist that we had a Sea View booked, to my disappointment he advised this was not the case and if I wanted a Sea View I would have to pay an extra 12 Euros per day, unfortunately I did not have my email confirmation to confirm I had a sea view booked which was advised before my travels three times, as my phone was not charged therefore I could not provide this confirmation and after travelling a long journey I did not have the energy to argue this so therefore I decided to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt..............We arrived in our room and it was filthy the windows were filthy and everything else was filthy including fridge which I could not and would not use....We had to leave hotel every day just to get out of this so called 4* star hotel as they call it, to me I would rate it as a 2* how they get away with calling a 4* I will never know and don't wish to.... Sunbeds are locked up at night time and they advise you not to book sunbed in advance, however you have to be down at pool area at 8am in morning to secure your beds, and god help you if you cross the previous clients who have their beds for 5days or more as they will let you know about it. Positive note maids are lovely and cannot do enough for you... On departure in the early hours of the morning after spending a lot of money on this holiday, we weren't even asked ...did you enjoy your stay etc etc? on leaving the hotel they didn't even acknowledge goodbye NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN......"

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Nothing never ever again

Definately not disabled friendly.

"Just returned from two weeks in Sol Lanzarote. The room was large and wheelchair asessable but I am afraid that is all I can say on the pro. side.The sink was very high and I found it hard to wash my face and teeth. Also the seat for shower was very high and there was no hand rail to hold on to when showering. The bed was made every day, but no cleaning was done. The ramps around the hotel were very steep, it was nearly impossible to use them unless my husband was pushing me

The entertainment at night was very poor and as I talked to other guests they agreed.

The restaurant was too small it took a while to be seated and by this time food was cold

My last complaint was the sunbeds a sign said not to book them, but if you did not they would be gone. On one occasion my husband went down early for a bed, which were still chained up but when he went over to the pitch a towel was there and an irate guest who said as he had put a towel down this was his pitch.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Dont go all inclusive.

Definately not 4 stars

"Three of us (all oaps)had to share one room,2 single beds and a camp bed jammed together with no space between,not enough staff maid emptied bins every day but room was not cleaned whole week we were there,in dining room had to go looking for staff to get cups or glasses most days one of drinks machines wasent working, for the money we paid it was disgraceful!!!"

• Holiday details: Mar 2013, Booked Independently

Good holiday

"i got back from staying at this hotel last night. We went for a week . the weather was lovley and boiling ! We all had a brilliant time. but the negatives was that in the resurant the staff treated us differetly because we were all inclusive.The food wasnt that great and i asked for a peice of chicken and they gave it me un cooked so i had to send it back. But i did engoy the breakfasts.Also the rule is that you arent aloud to put towels on the sun beds if you are not using them , and we found towels on sun beds that wernt even being used for a whole day. so we didnt get the chance on some days to get a sun bed. we went for a stroll around the shops down the road and some of the staff that worked in the shops followed us round the shop 24/7, and we found this very very uncumfertable.But Overall we all engoyed everything elce and would return to this hotel if theese negatives were sorted."

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: The volcano attraction

relaxing week in this friendly clean hotel

"Had a wonderful week in this great hotel for our 40th wedding anniversary

beach right on our doorstep also handy for transport to puerto del carmen

&costa tequise special mention for the staff especially the young entertainment team whose shows were top class the room was spacious and spotless the beds were comfortable & room cleaned daily at the time we visited we had no problem with sunbeds service etc

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Thomas Cook

Really good hotel

"Stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of August and would recommend it. We stayed all inclusive and the only downside was the beer by the pool area is only served in tiny plastic glasses!! The food was ok too, not a great selection but they had all the basics like fresh meat and pasta daily. We are a couple in our late 30's and the entertainment at night was not for us although if you were a family you would enjoy it. A taxi into Puerto del Carmen was only 4-6 euros and worth it for the variety of bars and restaurants available. It was a very mixed hotel, lots of spanish but everyone was very friendly. The weather was beautiful, although it was a bit windy it was welcomed, still really warm at night too. Theres a small centre with a few bars and restaurants 2 minutes from the hotel but its not up to much and I would deaf go into town instead. Would defo go back but think I would do self catering next time!!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

Good time had by all

"Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, only problem was the sunbeds, people reserving them first thing in the morning and then not coming back to use them until about 2-3pm, which was very selfish. Staff ended up chaining them up until 9am which then gave everyone a fair chance. Would go back, but a bit too breezy for my liking. Very close to beach and restaurants and felt very safe area. Children had a great time in the pool."

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, self catering, booked with Thomas Cook

Does what it says on the tin

"We had a week there which was just enough.Only ate there when we arrived late in evening and was not that impressed a bit pricey too as was bar.

There was only one beer available which was a local brew [real alers turn away now] made with desalinated water and no Cider or any other bottled beer even though they were every where else on the island.Barman told me every night they were on order. Something to do with the all inclusive me thinks.

The location of Hotel is excellent with proximity to beach and airport.

Found staff efficient but not that friendly or unfriendly.Excellent Spar 2 mins from hotel where you can pick up decent bottle of wine again stuff in bar is poor. There are some nice restaurants around the Spar and I would highly recommend Sapporo a Japanese eaterie for the whole experience.Try sushi once in your life.

Perfectly suited to younger families ,our two were 11 and 12 so not into kids clubs too much but could see younger ones well entertained.Sunbeds claimed very early in morning if it is sunny even though there is a sign prohibiting such a practice.Bar area was way too small for entertainment every night and when we returned after our dinner out at 10 or so could not get near the place. Room was good and very clean with cooker toaster and kettle

although we didn't have a sea view would imagine that would enhance our stay.TV mainly Spanish,Italian and German Speaking with just a few english speaking news channels Sky news,BBC world,Russia today although mine seemed to be amused by dubbed German Simpsons.There seems to be a mixed review of the place.Put it this way Would not stay there again but if I were to win a free hol there I would.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, self catering, Booked Independently

Certainly not a 4 star

"Shabby uncomfortable room. No table and chairs in sitting room. T.V. in bedroom with only one armchair. Balcony needed a good scrub and a coat of paint. Bathroom way past it's best. We knew there were better rooms available but a request to be moved was ignored."

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, Self Catering , booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: Go to the hotel next door

1 2 37 »

Map for Sol Lanzarote Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 1.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Sol Lanzarote
  • by mclu

" Rancho Texas a definate day and night out for adults or kids. "

• by Margaret O'Donnell

" no need to walk far for entertainment or good food you can obtain both in this hotel or near bye "