El Trebol Apartments

Average rating (152 reviews)
Hotel photo More hotel photos

Stayed at El Trebol Apartments?

Share your opinion.

Enter your dates to find the best prices for El Trebol Apartments

I expected a lot better

"What can I say? WE spent alot of money on this holiday and went All Inclusive - my advice - DON'T Bother. The food is average although plenty of it. Outside the complex the streets are lined with shops (a SPAR just a few feet away) and loads of lovely restaurants at prices that are similar to here, Head for the beach and you will find plenty of eateries.

The photos on the Thomas Cook website & in the brochure are TRULY outdated - the outside area and rooms are 'tired', the childrens pool is missing one of the water showers they have printed. The sun loungers are plastic with no cushions (unless you want to hire them) and are truly uncomfortable, in fact in the whole 2 weeks of our stay I can honestly say that I did not sit or lay on anything at all comfortable unless you count the car seat in the hire car! I longed for a soft chair to sit in. I actually had pains in my back and hips for most of the 2 weeks!!

The Beds are DREADFUL, like sleeping on bricks, the frame was broken on one!

The rooms were cleaned frequently although beds were not made everyday, the sheets were changes 3 times on our visit and the towels every other day.

Take a Kettle as you will have to pay to hire one otherwise, and take beach towels.

Pools were clean although chilly, the pool surround is sparce - pooly designed to accomodate all those wishing to stay for the day and use the facilities - we couldn't stand it - so hired the car. And why oh why do they allow some 'sun care advisor' to bleat on over a tannoy around the pool about looking after your skin in sun when it is quite clear they are only there to sell their product? And plastic cups - why won't people place them in the bin when they've finished with them??

For some reason the reps seemed to think that very loud music and shouting over a tannoy was classed as entertaining! DREADFUL NOISE not what you want if you like to lay and read a book to relax!

Then there was the evening 'entertainment' - ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! Very loud (why it had to be so loud beats me as the room is small) we didn't want to sit on the balcony and listen to it! It felt like a bad BUTLINS in the sun.

We were glad to go for a stroll around Costa Tequise in the evening just to get away from it!

AND the stairs - metal ones that made a dreadful noise whenever someone used them, more obvious in the evening once the evening Kareoke (or whatever) was over and the guests (often tipsy) decided to retire for the night shouting and singing back to the rooms where doors would crash shut - like living next door to a pub.

The walls are thin between rooms so if you don't mind hearing someone snore, go for a tinkle or listening to every word of their conversation or in our case listening to arguing then this is the place for you!!

Word of warning - Thomas Cook trips and prices for hire cars are a rip off, you can hop on a local bus, hire a car or orgainse trips directly though the hotel and save yourself a fortune.

I could go on......

On the plus side the staff were friendly, the grounds were kept very clean, always plenty of food and the waiters were wonderful. Will NOT go back to EL TREBOL although we would go back to Lanzarote and go self catering.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't go

great

"dont read the bad reviews i did and i was dreading going but we had a great time, hotel was clean, food was good we never went hungry. me, my hubby and our 4 children age 4, 8, 10, 13 all had a great time. your holiday is what you make it, if you want better book a 5* the el trebol is a 3* and thats what you pay for. if your going you will have a fantastic time some people are just too fuzzy ;-)"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: id buy lilo for the sunbeds they are a bit hard

far below the expected standard

"We booked with Cosmos and paid over 1100,00 for 10 days all inclusive as a couple , we have stayed all inclusive before in 3 star and 4 in tenerife, turkey and malta . This is by far the worst hotel for all inclusive we have ever stayed in the food was very poor except for breakfast which was just about passable . It was chips with everything or pasta or rice that looked like it had been under the heat lamp for days we got potatoes i think 3 nights not in the form of chips , there was a choice of meats even had steak one night cooked in front of you and the stir fry was ok as well but otherwise it was very mundane , After the first night we went out every night for a drink as the piano bar is a joke its too small and overcrowded and all drinks are weak and in half pint plastic containers . We really wished we had just gone self catering as you can get a good english breakfast for 2.50 to 3.00 euros and a pint of san miguel in a glass for 1.50 all over town . Costa Teguise is a lovely town with a really nice beaches and no one bothers you at all

we will go back but not to this hotel . We also had problems with hugh cockroaches because we were on the bottom floor i think , the bedding was changed regularly and the towels were too and room was tired bur basically clean except for the roaches .

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: go self catering , dont be on the ground floor

Very nice hotel

"The hotel was really lovely. The room we stayed in was just behind the pool bar. The room was cleaned everyday, which was quite annoying every morning. Was nice to have fresh towels everyday. I stayed 14 nights with my partner and our 1year old daughter. Our sheets were only changed once and thats because we ripped them off the bed and left them by the door for when the cleaner came. The room had little problems like handles broken and stuff like that but it is a 3*. The entertainment round the pool in the day is really good, nice to be relaxing with music playing. Pool water is really cold the other reviewers werent lying. You get used to it though.The evening entertainment is really bad. The bar closes at 11.30pm and the adult entertainment starts at 10pm which is normally a cabaret or magic show. Outside the hotel there is a bar called cactus jacks, which is probly the best bar around the area. Take advantage of the happy hours good value for money, get two drinks for 4euros. Legends bar does live entertainment to. Much better than the hotel. I was really disappointed that I had paid the all inclusive prices. We only ate there three times. The food was reheated from lunch time and sometimes from the day before. There us not loads around to do in the area. Overall was a brilliant holiday wouldnt go back though."

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Kids disco is great, make the most of the happy hours just outside the hotel. Staff were brilliant and very helpful

Great Holiday!

"Me and my boyfriend are both 18 and we stayed at El Trebol at the beginning of July 2011. This was our first holiday away together and it was lovely!

We were given a two bedroom apartment although we only paid for one! Nice food, clean room, cheerful atmosphere. There's a mixture of ages and were both couples and families.

Although we were all inclusive, we ate and drank outside the hotel on a couple of days/nights. (The entertainment isn't amazing and the drinks aren't the best). We found some great bars and restaurants on the main strip alongside the beach in Costa Teguise. You need to find the square! Walk alongside the sea front, keeping the sea on your left, you'll come to a traffic island with poles in the middle, carry on walking and turn right at the crepe stall. There is a gorgeous square with many bars, live music and a market!

I also recommend you take a day trip to Puerto Del Carmen! The bus is easy to catch, just ask at the hotel recepetion - they are happy to help!

The only criticisms I have are small and picky - the drinks weren't that nice (but what do you expect if they're free?), not a huge choice of food (but what was there was nice), you have to get up at 7am to reserve a sunbed! (and they don't have cushions, don't recline and there are no umbrellas) but to be honest, the wind keeps you cool so you don't really need any shade! And I wouldn't go to Lanzarote if you want bright, hot sunshine all day - it was cloudy every morning and there is quite a chilly breeze! But I didn't get sunburn! :) We also booked with Cosmos which only gave us 15kg for our luggage when everyone else seemed to have 20kg who had nooked with someone different! But the flights were good and on time.

Overall, me and my boyfriend had a lovely, relaxing, cheap, cheerful, week long break. It was a perfect atmosphere for our first holiday together and you get what you pay for! £480 each all inclusive for a week is a bargain for what we got :) This 3 star hotel seemed like a 4 star!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Cosmos

cheap n ok

"Just back from self catering stay in El Trebol and found them to be fine /good for what we paid, They were clean if basic but you are only sleeping in them. Pool area lovely but beware towels getting put on loungers at midnight(not by Germans but by English!)would not have liked to be "all inclusie" as really busy and bar area extremely small. From what we heard before going out entertainment rubbish (holiday camp stuff).All in all a great holiday. Staff at El Trebol were friendly and efficient and we had no cause to complain. Supermarket and bars close by for holiday essentials and beach with fantastic waves a must. Would I go back? Defo Yes if I could get at bargain price again............"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, self catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go self catering plenty of reasonable bars and restaurants nearby

Food Poisoning

"Got there with an 8, 9 and 2 year old after paying £2300 all inclusive at 11.30pm after a delay to be told everywhere was shut and couldn't even get children water after flight as only drinks machine was broke, only to find the bars at back open the next day! Pool lovely but maybe a bit chilly and apartments look nice from outside and clean inside except glasses etc prob by another guest although we got there and most of the bulbs were out including bathroom. Most except a select few of staff friendly but the worst holiday i have ever had. Rooms may be clean but 1 chair between 5 of us you have to pay for a kettle, toaster, tv etc. Not a problem for all inclusive so you think? Wrong try eating frozen burgers, chicken still pink, food warmed time after time we avoided most obvious health hazards but myself my partner and 2 year old son on his 1st holiday abroard was sick as dogs for days. There was 1 bar open at a time where you had queue for drinks and not enough tables, same entertainment night after night with reps who must of got turned down by 18-30's. The nights games the 1st night was musical men where the women had lie on top of a man when music stops! I'm not a prude i'm late twenties but it was a family resort i wasn't there with mates but kids and would of like a caberet/ flamenco/ magic show or just a disco not getting an eyeful up some drunk girls skirt whilst she lays on top of a man!. Even the graffitti on the toilet doors of the bar where people writing how dirty and bad the place and food is and how they got food poisoning! Most places would of painted over that the first day let alone leave it for years!!! Anyone who's says it nice has got discusting standards! I'm not a snob i enjoy taking my nan to a caravan in wales where its small pokey and cold and i love it why? its nearer £100 for us all and cheap cheerful and cosy and i've not saved all year and spent £2300 plus £650 spending money on eating out after food poisioning. The ony think going for this hotel was kids club! The only bit that was enjoyed!!! Book Thomas Cook every year and had some of our best holidays with them but very dissapointed this time."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't go all inclusive, use pool and as a base and use your money exploring the rest of a wonderful island somthing we had no money left for.

unfreindly hotel

"i just came back from this el trebol 5 th may how disaponted my self an children was dirty food was really bad had to take extra money out my bank to feed kids no childrens menu on small selection of food beer in alc free an no ice lollys for kids just ice cream no tv no wifi u have to pay 25 euro for wifi an 3 euro a day for tv no kettle no hairdryeri would advise anyone never to go there pool is frezzinnnn no kids club no entertanment"

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Direct Holidays

No Trouble Trebol

"I went there alone for 2 weeks in Mar/Apr 2011 and was really suprised when I got there.

The rooms are very spacious. I had a bedroom, a lounge and a kitchenette! They are very clean and cleaned nearly every day. The patio is also very big with table and chairs.

The food was excellent - there was so much choice it was unbelievable. They offered good old English breakfasts, Mexican, Spanish, Chinese and English foods.

The facilities are laid out well with 4 pools! The kids pool has slides and waterfalls. WARNING: the water is bloody freezing.

There are shops, local bars and restaurants right on the doorstep and the beach is a short walk away.

The only thing that spoilt things for me was the wind. Costa Teguise is the windiest part of the island hence no sun umbrellas at the hotel!

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: the internet just outside hotel is cheaper than that inside

Good value for money

"This hotel was very good value for money. For a 3 star hotel, the stardards were very good. Our room was basic but most 4 star hotels are too. It was cleaned daily.

The food was plentyful with lots to choose from even for the children and the quality was very good too. (If you require top notch food- book a 5 star hotel -simple as that!).

The pool was great for the children and also cleaned daily.The gardens and surroundings were well maintained by the cleaners and gardeners all day long.

Great location.

If I was to have a moan it would only be that the sunbeds around the pool were very uncomfortable as they are very hard and flat(no good if you have a bad back like me).

Would go to this hotel again.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Try all the different beaches

Dissapointing

"Very poor standard of food,qualilty, and variity based on other all inclusive accomodation for this price.

Some food under cooked / part cooked / still forzen served to children.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: dont go

shame about the hidden extras

"on arrival we was rushed through and wasnt best pleased with our appartment 269. it was in the shade and very cold. we enquired about a heater but i was 20 euro, everything we needed in the room was extra so take your own kettle. during our stay though the staff become more helpful and in all was a pleasent clean place. the bar staff in the sports bar where very nice girls and very friendly.if your all inclusive you cant use this in the sports bar and if you like chocolate take your own as its nearly 2 euro for a bar of it. the pools are very nice and a great sun trap.the food was very nice and due to the buffet style meals will never go hungry. overall a nice stay"

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: shop around but could do worse, clean and very friendly

Good

7.5/10
Location
7.5/10

Traveller photos

Traveller photo of El Trebol Apartments Traveller photo of El Trebol Apartments Traveller photo of El Trebol Apartments El Trebol Apartments photos (10 traveller photos)