La Siesta Hotel

Average rating (59 reviews)

Enter your dates to find the best prices for La Siesta Hotel

Great hotel, food was ok not...

"Great hotel, food was ok not brilliant though. Was very busy when I was there but that is to be expected.

A great 4 star hotel, amazing spar features. Good size rooms.

Tennis courts for as little at 6 Euros an hour.

Great hotel would recommend to anyone going on holiday in Tenerife whether it’s a family holiday or a lad’s holiday, there is something for everyone.

• Holiday details: Aug 2006, Half Board, booked with Thomson

Clean room (except for the ants)....

"Clean room (except for the ants). Disappointing stay. We booked online with the hotel direct.

Two days before we were due to arrive my mother telephoned the hotel to request for a bottle of champagne to be left in our room on arrival (which she would have paid for), she was advised that they had no booking for us. I e-mailed the hotel with our booking confirmation several times, both in English and Spanish, yet when we arrived at check in and they had no notification of the booking, despite it being direct.

Fortunately we had taken a copy of the confirmation and a room was found for us. I booked a non smoking room, high floor, upgrade pool view for our honeymoon. We were given a smoking room on the second floor, directly onto a sunbathing area so not exactly private!

We paid an additional supplement for the Alexandre upgrade which meant a robe and slippers (which we had to ask for several times, they eventually arrived a couple of days late). On our second morning we asked to be moved because we could not go onto the balcony or leave the door open because of the ants. We were advised that the hotel was full so we could not move, but were left a can of ant spray!

I complained directly to the hotel manager via their website when we returned, but did not receive any response.

• Holiday details: Sep 2006, Half Board, booked with Booked IndependentlyDirect with La Siesta online

I stayed at the hotel La Siesta for 1...

"I stayed at the hotel La Siesta for 1 week in December 2007 and have never had a better holiday! The hotel was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the room spotless and spacious and the hotel was about 2mins walk from the centre of the resort!

The beach was really close as well about 5mins walk straight across from the hotel.

Everyone was really friendly and the service was indescribable - I really did have the best time ever and am already planning to return May 2007 for what I’m sure will be another great experience

I am 18 and my boyfriend is 19 and we found it affordable and enjoyable. I have already told everyone I know to go there and have a fab time just like me!

• Holiday details: Dec 2006, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

This was our first time in Tenerife,...

"This was our first time in Tenerife, Our family stayed at la siesta on a half board basis for 2 weeks, by the end of the first week we wished we had come self catering because the food was been repeated to much and it got very boring, we ate out a lot in the 2nd week. Also it states in the brochure that there is a children’s menu, well there wasn’t a children’s menu! My brother in the 2nd week lived on ice-cream.

La Siesta hotel is very clean and immaculate. Staff are friendly and speak good English. Be aware: don’t buy the kids any inflatable toys for the pool because the lifeguard WILL NOT allow them in the pool, also no t-shirts to be worn, this was a big disappointment for us.

The entertainment in the day is excellent; they try and get everyone involved, no pressure though! Me and my brother played water polo a lot, that was great fun.

Although the nightly entertainment isn’t very good.

If you’re planning any trips I would highly recommend the boat trip: spotting whales and dolphins, medieval night and loro park, we thoroughly enjoyed these trips.

Smokers be aware this hotel is a non smoking place the only place you can smoke is outside by the pool area, you can’t smoke in the inside bar. I would rate this hotel as 8/10 we did have an excellent time if the food was better it would of been 10/10 all in all we had a fantastic time in Tenerife!

• Holiday details: Aug 2006, Half Board, booked with Thomas Cook

A very nice, modern hotel with...

"A very nice, modern hotel with friendly staff and good service, only a few minutes walk from the beach. Plenty to do and food was very, very cheap.

Only minus were the teams of British chavs using scratch cards to try and sell timeshares or dodgy holiday clubs, beware! Apart from this minor annoyance the resort is a fun place to stay. Try and get out of the resort though and up into the mountains, the scenery is fantastic and the contrast between the north and south of the island is amazing.

Car hire was pretty cheap compared to mainland Spain but shop around for the best deal, Oh and avoid the dodgy camera shops, electrical goods are cheap but you will get a much better deal with a real guarantee at the bigger stores such as Maya or Martinez.

• Holiday details: Jul 2006, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomson

I have just returned from a week-long...

"I have just returned from a week-long stay at the La Siesta Hotel. I read reviews from previous guests of the hotel before I went on my holiday and some were not complimentary which made me a little wary of what to expect. I have to say that the La Siesta Hotel is a lovely hotel and that we definitely made the right choice with this accommodation.

Our room was very spacious, clean and well maintained. There is a maid service every single day of the week, the maid's always carried out a thorough job when cleaning your room. All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

The restaurant serves a variety of food which caters for all of the different nationalities that stay at this hotel. There is a different theme of food such as Canarian and Italian every night of the week and although we found some of the food to be a little fancy, there was always something that we enjoyed.

The pool area is very big and extremely clean. Different activities also take place around the pool area such as exercise classes and water polo. There is a spa where you can receive different treatments at reasonable prices. Also there is a tennis court and football area within the hotel grounds.

The hotel is situated in a quiet area of Playa De Las Americas where you will find a handful of small bars if you turn right out of the hotel but if you prefer the more lively bars and night clubs then again turn right when you come out of the hotel and keep walking for about 5 to 10 minutes and you will find the area's of Starco and Veronica's which have a big selection of bars and night clubs to suit everyone's taste. The beach is also a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

This is by far the best hotel that we have stayed in and we would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about booking a holiday to Tenerife.

• Holiday details: Jun 2006, Half Board, booked with First Choice

Just returned from a week in hotel...

"Just returned from a week in hotel siesta in Playa Las de Americas, it was better then we expected. The pool area was huge and well kept.

Food was varied and plentiful. Although our room didn’t overlook the pool we didn’t mind, as we were at the back of the hotel over looking the tennis courts, which was quite. This hotel is in a fabulous location, walking distance to the bars (patch) but quite enough not to hear any noise.

Only a few mins away from the beach and shops. I would recommend this hotel, and we will def be returning there.

• Holiday details: Jun 2006, Half Board, booked with First Choice

We've have just returned and have to...

"We've have just returned and have to say had a fantastic time. The Hotel was very clean and welcoming. Guests from all over including Italy, Germany, France, Holland, Spain and UK!

Poolside and bars was fantastic. The food was excellent- apart from the coffee and orange juice at breakfast (out of a machine) best bet is go to the poolside bar at 10am and have both fresh coffee and juice.

Reading the reviews below I also had a problem with my 2 year old unable to wear a t-shirt in the pool, I spoke to the manager and explained the situation and he was more than accommodating.

The rooms were very comfortable, clean and big, we upgraded to the superior rooms well worth the extra pennies, had a lovely balcony and peaceful view and over the pool.

All of the staff were great fun, really friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Holiday details: May 2006, Half Board, Booked Independently

Excellent

"Stayed here for a week with my wife and 15 yr old daughter and i have to say it was faultless. we stayed in a double room (the bed was 6 ft by 6`6" and a dble sofa bed for my daughter with proper matress) which was more than sufficient for the 3 of us. The poolside entertainment was very funny with a young girl getting everyopne to join in games etc. We stayed on the tennis court side which was nice and quiet, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. I would deffo recommend this hotel to all ages.

Now for my only bugbear, TIMESHARE TOUTS, i hate them with a passion !!!!!!! , they are always on the corner when you turn left out of the hotel, young cocky, chavy Brits who wont take NO for an answer, so i found the best thing to do is just tell them to --!!!!!.

Here to help.

Fabulous

"After reading other reviews of this hotel before we went quite honestly we didnt want to go!! All I can say is dont knock it until you've tried it yourself!!!! The hotel was super clean, the staff were excellent, if we had a problem they were there in minutes. The food was excellent and varied. Our room was lovely, the housekeeping was brilliant, clean towels every single day, room cleaned every day, if we wanted a lie in the maid just came back later, unlike other hotels where they dont bother!! Yes, the reception staff did get stressed from time to time and check in did take slightly longer than usual, but they got the job done and were very helpful when needed. We have stayed in almost every hotel in the surrounding area and this is the best by far. See you next year!!!"

Can't believe this is a 4 star hotel and staff are really unhelpful

"We arrived at this hotel expecting a superior room , what we got was an average room with uncomfortable beds . The terrace was tiny with uncomfortable furniture and was shaded from the sun all day. When i asked what made this room superior to the others that were all similar I was told i had a view of the pool.

The staff at this hotel were extremely unhelpful , the worst I have ever experienced.

REception staff were useless and constantly ignored you or spoke to each other in Spanish about you and not directly to me. The hotel adevertises golf facilities but when my husband asked about this he was told No No you have to do it yourself.

The food was extremely average and we constantly felt unfortable in the restaurant if we arrived during the later part of set times and often found that there was no hot food left and the chef had ceased cooking. The only bright light in this hotel was the doorman who was very friendly and helpful. The Airtours reps as usual were only interested if you want to book trips and not interested in helping with real problems.

We definately won´t be visiting this hotel again.

• Holiday details: May 2006

Very clean hotel in the centre of Las...

"Very clean hotel in the centre of Las Americas and food good. Non smoking throughout even in bar areas which as non smokers we found excellent. Smoking allowed out on the terrace only. Lovely large salt water swimming pool with lots of sun beds, unfortunately usual complaint of people reserving them at the crack of dawn.

The negative side of such a central location was if you are given a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street it is very noisy as well as the bar noise you have constant traffic noise and taxi rank noise until 4am etc. would pay extra and book a room overlooking the pool as this is at the back or request a room at the back for no extra (these however have no view but you at least can get some sleep.

Staff are good in restaurant but seem to be rushed on reception and were offhand as they do not have enough staff there. Time share touts are a nuisance in the resort but tend to target couples only so you need to walk separately to avoid them if a couple.

Some people from Hays travel had been overbooked whilst we were there but we were ok with Thomsons. Entertainment at night was usual hotel mediocre stuff but you are near enough to all the other hotels/bars if you don't like what’s on offer.

• Holiday details: Mar 2006, Half Board, booked with Thomson