Hilton Blackpool Hotel

Average rating (23 reviews)
Hotel photo More hotel photos

Recent traveller reviews

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hilton Blackpool Hotel

noisy

"Stayed here last year had no sleep due to kids running up and down past our room all night so spoke to manager who fobbed me off saying he would get some1 to ring me to offer a free nights stay im still waiting the staff are unmotivated and unhappy i spoke to a few that were not happy avoid this hotel iv stayed at norbreck castle thats a dump but atleast theres entertainment and drinks r cheaper not like £7.60 for a vodka n coke at the hilton my advice is wen u visit blackpool stay in a small bnb always clean n nice bkfasts. Andrew warner 1 short street stockport cheshire 07958446399"

• Holiday details: Nov 2015, booked with Expedia
  • Advice: Better manager happier staff updated rooms cheaper drinks every1 we spoke to bought there own from the shop

Brown hot water .

"This is a hotel that has its time. Once we walk in to the hotel, we were back to the 1980. I don't know know why Hilton hotel has managed to keep it that way under their name .

Most of the paint and wall paper fell off , stainless steel lift knob are completely wormed out .

The carpet in the room 739 was so dusty .

The worse thing that happen was when I went for shower at 1am , the water came out from the tap was brown color.

I call the room service and complaint about the water , the person at the end said. : it's one AM in the morning .

Where is Alex Polizzi?

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently

to stay or not to stat

"recent stay july 2011 two adults two kids booked two rooms that were found to be clean and a good size

double bed in room 1 was very uncomfertable room 311

would advise to avoid if sleepis important to you

we booked bed and breacfast with dinner on first night

breakfast was excellent could not fault is laid out as buffet and choice is very good.

However tne dinner on first night was not up to much this was also buffet but very limited choice main course is carvery with over cooked meat limp vegitables and poor quality packet gravy

the best thing about hilton is the friendly and helpfull staff we booked hilton as we expect to be good quality acomadation worth paying that little bit extra for not so go elswhere

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: do not book dinner

Bed Bugs

"We stayed for 1 night at the Hilton Hotel Blackpool in a family delux room which cost £160 per night. The staff were friendly, and the hotel was in a good location, not too far from the Blackpool Tower. The room was clean and tidy however, my six year old son was bitten over his back and neck by bed bugs during our stay."

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Watch out for the bed bugs!

Stayed at the Hilton for just the one...

"Stayed at the Hilton for just the one night, but that was a great night, the staff were friendly and polite and willing to help with any problems.

Only problem is one of the people with us requested fresh milk in the room instead of the UHT which they provide and they didnt receive it, which was a little dissapointing since we were staying as Hilton Honour guests.

We received the usual perks, papers and gowns with the bottle of wine and buscuits in the room.

The room was spacious and well presented, all clean and set up for a great night stay. We went out into blackpool town, which was a short taxi ride away, not too far. When we got back the night porter had to let us back in but that wasn't a problem as thats to be expected anywhere you go.

We didn't eat in the hotel as we were away for a cheap night, and at £10/pp for breakfast alone it was a little on the steep side, but again, that's the price at all Hilton's that we have stayed at.

Overall, an enjoyable one night stay for us, which complimented the reason for staying.

• Holiday details: May 2008, Room Only, Booked Independently

Great hotel, good accommodation and...

"Great hotel, good accommodation and service. Pleasure beach traditional English holiday, Blackpool never changes.

There is lots to do for all of the familty in blackpool. The pleasure beach, riding on a tram, the illuminations.

The hotel was central, clean and the staff were helpful. The food in the morning was excellent and buffet stlye, i did not eat again until tea time. Room service was daily. Plenty of free carpaking, car parking is an issue in blackpool, so that was a real bonus.

The kids loved riding on the trams, and that made there day.

Our family really enjoyed our weekend stay in blackpool, and the hotel was excellent.

• Holiday details: Nov 2007, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

The room was a little disappointing,...

"The room was a little disappointing, considering the price. A little small and basic. Considering it was a family room, I was shocked at how the room was NOT ideal for small children!

Aside from that, the kettle seemed to have been rescued from the ark, the TV was on the blink, and there were nowhere near enough tea bags supplied to quench my sister's thirst. However, the bathroom was lovely, and we were provided with more than enough towels and spare bedding. And we had a great view of the sea.

The three lifts were no match for the amount of people needing them but they were smooth and quick once one became available. The concierge was very helpful and pointed out a few attractions that we hadn't discovered ourselves, including a spectacular fireworks display, which amazed the four year old!

Overall - the stay was less than expected for a 4-star hotel, but was very clean and quiet at night.

• Holiday details: May 2007, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

This was a good stay at the Blackpool...

"This was a good stay at the Blackpool Hilton.

I had booked 3 rooms for a family occasion and overall the hotel was good, the hotel was easy to find, free car parking, quick and easy check in, and the rooms were more than adequate for what we needed.

There were a few criticisms:

Check-In: When we arrived it was well before the normal check in time and only 1 of the rooms was ready for us, so we checked in as normal and arranged that I would collect all the keys later on.

When I later returned to collect all they keys it caused massive problems as a different member of staff refused to give me the keys for the rooms even though that all the rooms were booked in my name - this apparently isn’t possible! After some talking and getting the manager involved we did sort it out.

House Keeping: The rooms were really nice, but I did ask for fresh milk in the room as UHT milk isn’t drinkable for one member of the family; reception said this wouldn’t be a problem, but we never received it!

News Papers: We ordered newspapers for the morning which get delivered to the rooms, again we never received them.

I did leave comments with the staff and directly with Hilton and the Blackpool manager was good enough to contact me directly and discussed the issues.

Overall, a good hotel and well worth the money, it is handy for town but it is a taxi ride back.

• Holiday details: May 2007, Room Only, Booked Independently

Great hotel, good accommodation and...

Beware off other guests smoking in non smoking rooms - fire alarm went off around 3-00am pass keys used to get people up. Everyone got put into car park as they where I was glad I was wearing designer boxer shorts, as we all spent 45 mins in car park before fire brigade let everyone back into hotel.

It made a talking point at breakfast. Hotel knocked one night off my bill.

• Holiday details: Jun 2006, Not Specified, Booked Independently

I stayed for two nights with my...

"I stayed for two nights with my sister and her 4 year old son. Walking into the hotel, I was impressed by the cleanliness and elegance. It took a while to be checked in and the receptionist looked like she'd worked double shifts so we didn't receive the best welcome.

The room was a little disappointing, considering the price. A little small and basic. Considering it was a family room, I was shocked at how the room was NOT ideal for small children! There were no socket protectors and there was a glass-topped coffee table with enough sharp edges to put a youngster in hospital! The room door 'slammed' shut (so did many others in the same corridor), which would have easily chopped off a finger, and there were no indications of how to securely lock the door from the inside to stop a child 'escaping'! Aside from that, the kettle seemed to have been rescued from the ark, the TV was on the blink and there were nowhere near enough tea bags supplied to quench my sister's thirst. However, the bathroom was lovely, and we were provided with more than enough towels and spare bedding. And we had a great view of the sea.

Mealtimes were not as expected - although food was included in our tariff, for those that had to pay I felt were paying too much - there wasn't much to choose from for both main course and breakfast, especially for children, and dessert was only for those with a very sweet tooth. So we struggled to satisfy my nephew, but what my sister and I ate was very nicely cooked. Another thing lacking was, again, provisions for a young child. My nephew was expected to drink from a full hi-ball glass and, although a straw was provided, he still made a grab for the glass, sloshing his drink all over his meal. We had no option but accept a roasting hot plate for his meal, which were constantly stopping him from touching. No attempt was made by the staff (who I felt could benefit from a little training in customer service) to take away the un-needed cutlery from the little ones place at the table, and it took a good few minutes to make it understood as to why he would need a smaller spoon to eat his cereal!

• Holiday details: Sep 2007, All Inclusive, Booked Independently

We paid £244 per night for two...

"We paid £244 per night for two nights at the Blackpool Hilton - and I can categorically state that it is the worst value I have ever had for my money in any hotel, ever!

From the cramped 'Deluxe Family Room' with its strange triangular kids corner, with a bunk bed that looked like an exhibit from a torture museum (and seemed about as dangerous), to the sad excuse for a 'Leisure Suite', everything was sub-standard.

The chambermaids seemed blissfully unaware of the existence of the kids corner because returning to the room late we found it completely untouched.

Our room overlooked several very noisy late night take-aways on a delightful back street which appeared to be used as a race track by the local youth. Our 'Deluxe' bathroom was smaller than a Travel Lodge and less well maintained.

The swimming pool changing room was so tiny that it almost became unusable when one other person joined my son and I in trying to change in it. The floor strewn with wet towels was equally unpleasant. The pool itself is small and uninspiring, the sauna and steam room likewise.

The Hilton's extortionate internet rates at £15 for a days broadband access or £3 for 15 minutes on a machine in the foyer meant a trip to a local internet cafe for some sensible value.

Although the breakfast buffet was of a fairly good standard it went nowhere near assuaging the feeling that I had been royally overcharged for a very second rate hotel.

• Holiday details: Jul 2007, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

We stayed on Boxing Day for 2 nights...

"We stayed on Boxing Day for 2 nights as friends were getting married in Blackpool on the 27th and had the reception at The Hilton.

Nice enough, service was slow considering it was a wedding!

The bride & groom left instructions with the receptionist not to hand their key to anyone (in case we turned their room over...) of course the receptionist handed the key out.

Personally I'd have gone mad, and refused to pay the bill. (Staff weren’t so bright).

Great choice of breakfast.

Room was nice, always nice to have sky and freebie shampoo's etc!

Not so nice views out of the window, we were at the side and overlooked the kebab shop... can't be helped.

The Hilton is overpriced; I can't see Paris or Nicky staying here!

• Holiday details: Dec 2006, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently