Pontins Southport

Shore Road Ainsdale Beach, Southport PR8 2PZ, United Kingdom
Hotel photo More hotel photos

Good

Food: 4/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pontins Southport

1 2 335 »
Minus minimum standard

"Booked for a weeks holiday told accommodation was gold standard asked to bring sheets everything else provided we got there the apartment was dirty heaters not working fridge not working door to one of bedrooms kicked in supposed to be apartment for 8 people seating for 2 people chairs uncomfortable one pot one pan few spoons called reception informed someone would be coming to sort out the heating and fridge it was quite late about 7 pm hungry and tired switch on cooker mains and guess what fridge came on. Two hours later no sign of maintained. Decided to we couldn't' stay there it was so dirty had my 94 year old father with me it was no way he was going to sleep in a cold and dirty apartment. I went to reception asked what gold standard meant and was informed double glazing and a couple of vouchers. When I told her that we were not staying in a dirty apartment she did not seem surprised. It has been a week now no acknowledgement. The whole complex was less then minimum standards. Never again Pontins."

PAY THE EXTRA AND GO TO BUTLINS

"Filthy black rotten the flat was disgusting there were ants it was generally filthy in the chalet the fridge absolutely stank and if it wasn't so dirty I would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor!!! Please don't bring your kids here it's rotten , most of the staff here are teenagers and either ignorant or stupid."

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: DON'T GO HERE

Pontins southport avoid if possible!

"The wait to book in was long stood in arcade with children and suitcases while others jumped Que easily, organized chaos. Chalet, looked ok on the surface but look close and get a shock! We paid almost £450 for Monday to Friday and basically only used the beds as there was no alternative. Everything on the camp had to be paid for using tokens at £1 each would soon mount up, food on the camp was awful, we did only eat once and my son subsequently spent the night throwing up! No bus into Southport so it was either a walk to Ainsdale train station for a train or as we found it was cheaper to taxi into Southport and back at £8 approx each way. Southport was our saving grace as it became our haven for the week. Some campers only paid £49 for the same holiday as we had! Pontins southport should be avoided if possible, better to find accommodation in or around Southport and make your own holiday!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Close your eyes and take lots of cleaning materials.

Don't go to Pontins. Ever!

"We had booked a 7 night stay at Pontin's Southport arriving the 4th of July, as soon as we entered the apartment ants met us they were even in the toilet. The floor was disgusting, cooker was rusting away, part of the spring from the mattress was sticking out of the side, my 18 month old cut her foot from something left on the floor, the 'new' arcade wasn't open, the restaurant had chairs with broken legs and were dangerous, none of the staff knew what was going on and the attractions were never opened on time. We stayed one night and left the next day. the time we had spent there we had heard and seen quite a few people complain for various reasons. when we complained of the ants someone came with raid and said 'at least they don't carry diseases'. mold was everywhere and the table in our room had missing pieces on the legs and we only just managed to catch the table from falling on top of my 18 month old.

The place is nasty and should be torn down.

we wrote to head office and have yet to hear anything back.

DO NOT GO TO PONTINS EVER.

• Holiday details: Jul 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go.

no complaints from us..

"We've just had a great wk end at Pontins was a bit worried on reading the reviews wasn't expecting 5 star its a Pontins budget holiday ..but the chalet was fine cleaner was still there but was polite and chatty and happy as were all the staff from gate to bar staff and blue coats,chippy was good and the kebabs shop was delish,Sunday dinner in Queen Vic and a good pint were lovely..loved the shows everyone was friendly and although packed everyone had a great time and children were entertained endlessly well done to all who work there we would go again and probably will.."

no complaints from us..

"We just had a great week end at Pontins was a bit worried on reading the reviews wasn't expecting 5 star its a Pontins budget hol ..but the chalet was fine cleaner was still there but was polite and chatty and happy as were all the staff from gate to bar staff and blue coats,chippy was good and the kebabs shop was delish, Sunday dinner in Queen Victoria and a good pint were lovely..loved the shows everyone was friendly and although packed everyone had a great time and children were entertained endlessly well done to all who work there we would go again and probably will.."

Big Fat Gypsy Holiday !

"We arrived for a 4 day stay for Christmas 2014 3 Adults and 2 children 8 and 12. Booked in about 4pm Chalet was ok windows dirty floor dirty, there was a big dent in the bathroom wall where the door had been slung back hard into it, there was no pull on the heater in the bathroom. Kitchen was ok and all the pots were clean. We were half board. plenty of room in the chalets. Went for evening meal at the correct Red Band time and it was chaos they had not finished serving other col bands, we had to queue for 45 minutes. The food was ok, and the staff were very nice. Then the Gypsies arrived they were noisy drunk and the men carried on drinking all night even in the morning at breakfast they were stood with bottle in hand drinking. The men shouted all the time when they spoke. they were noisy at night going back to their chalets. Then another gypsy family arrived then another they were very intimidating. Anyway we kept away from them as much as poss. We had booked in advance for our Christmas meal which was £140 - for the five of us, only to find out on the Christmas day that all half board (red band) people were being given Christmas dinner free in the New Restaurant , also we were told to arrive at 2-40 for our dinner, and when we got there the earlier people from 1-30 had not even had their dinner. So we eventually got our dinner at 4pm. The food was really good when we eventually got it.We put our complaint in at the reception and was told to write in for our refund but up to date have not had any reply either by E.mail or letter or telephone from Pontins. So we are still awaiting our refund of £140.00.

I will say that the staff the Blue coats and catering staff were really good. We stayed because of the children, disappointed not a lot of facilities open outside for the older children, short staffed!! I think after reading all the terrible reviews we were LUCKY to have got the chalet we had. So Pontins get your act together and pay up and smarten up or you wont be staying open much longer.

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Go prepared to maybe do some cleaning and spend alot of money. if you are ocd on cleaning its not for you.

Awful dirty accomadtion

"Stayed in club class!!! God help you if your in a basic grade, booked for the Ricky Tomlinson weekend, arrived 3pm reception total chaotic, the park is truly in need of condemning, how Sefton council public health department has not shut this park down is beyond belief. Read the rest of reviews on hear before booking. We paid over £200 for three nights, I wasn't expecting five star, but I was expecting it to meet basic standard hygiene requirements of most hotels.

We were home by 8 pm the next day, that's only due to spending the day off camp in South Port which is a lovely seaside town. The chalet was filthy, we did complain, a duty manager sent a cleaner over, it was still dirty, the curtains couldn't close, they were so dirty I didn't want to touch them, the draft from the windows was so bad I was convinced the windows were open. We've stayed in Butlins and Haven, and NEVER experienced anything like Pontins for the dire accommodation.

The show (the only one we watched) was good, the singers were really good, buy the sound was so loud it was distorted, alcohol is served in plastic glasses only, people seemed to be drinking there own drinks, so you can imagine how drunk some where, which resulted in folk vomiting in public ares yuk. The staff were really nice and tried to help, apologizing for are bad experience, judging by other folks reviews which are all similar, I'd just say stay away.

• Holiday details: Mar 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't bother

People need to realise this is not the ritz!

"When we went to Southport Pontins in the Summer holidays 2014, we had a lovely time.

First thought when we got there was "hello hello" from the carry on films. The apartments are old but all you need them for is sleeping.

Okay so that apartment is Basic but what do you expect? It had everything we needed for a family of 2 adults and 4 children. double bed in one room, 2 single beds in another room and the sofa bed.

It was clean apart from under one of the beds, so we asked a cleaner to come a sort it out and she was there within 5 minutes and sorted it.

The facilities on site have had a huge revamp and has been made loads better and has more for children to do. Swimming pool has been all sorted out and redone up and is lovely but the pool is a little chilly.

There is a few takeaway places on site as well as the food being served in the pub. It is basic but it is edible.

The blue coats are lovely and put on some good shows/ activities for the children. Plus the crock crew are brilliant with the kids.

We had that much of a lovely time we're going back this year for the Feb half term and the Easter half term.

Don't listen to all these bad stories and go and try it for yourself..

We have been to Brean Pontins, South port Pontins and Camber sands Pontins and had a lovely time all all of them.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: It's for the kids, if they are having fun that's all that counts

Filthy, filthy, filthy

"Those are the only words to describe Pontins at Southport. I had to ask 5 times for someone to come and clean the chalet floor. The filth was unbelievable. I don't think the floors had ever been washed from when they were built. The windows, window frames, skirting boards were filthy. We had to wear shoes all the time. Under the beds and settee had never even been brushed, let alone washed. I have never stayed in such a dirty place in all my life and never will again. The swimming pool and surrounding areas were filthy and the children's pool had all the lining lifting off the bottom. I took my grandchildren instead to the beautiful, clean Splash world in Southport and paid £7.50 each to go in.

Check in at Reception was absolute chaos. We queued an hour to get our chalet keys. Every time I went to the reception desk to complain for someone to come and wash our chalet floor I had to queue for ages. I complained 5 times before I finally got someone to come. At one point I took a floor cloth which I had wiped once over a small area of the chalet floor to the reception desk and asked them if they would like to stay in such a dirty place. Pontins really lets Southport down because it is a lovely area to stay. Pontins put on a really good firework display towards the end of the week - why couldn't they spend this money on giving the chalets a good clean - that would be a start. Black marks Pontins - I'll never stay in a Pontins camp again and will tell everyone I know who's thinking of going there not to risk catching a disease there. I'm going to write to the Tourist Information Office about Pontins as it's letting the town down because South port is such a nice place.

• Holiday details: Oct 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go, or if you've already booked, take plenty of cleaning materials with you - you'll need them.

MAGGOTS in the pool!!!!!!!!!!

"Will not be staying here again!!!

Heaters hanging off the wall, fridge wouldn't close and was leaking water, 3 legs on the sofa bed, shower wouldnt switch off and flooded the bathroom, one window stuck open and rest wouldn't open!!

Absolutely filthy dirty, food was awful so we had to drive off camp to eat.

The bedrooms smelt really bad and the bedding was stained.Our daughter was covered in bites after sleeping in the bed so we all slept on the sofa the second night.

Only giving it a 1 because some of the staff were pleasant.

But the most horrendous moment of the weekend was seeing MAGGOTS in the pool! Asked a member of staff if they were maggots the were sweeping up from around the pool and they replied yes and not to tell anyone!! That to me was the final straw so off home we went

• Holiday details: Sep 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont go

Health hazard!

"Was looking forward to taking my two granddaughters to PONTINS at SOUTHPORT to show them where i had many a happy holiday as a young girl. Was horrified and shocked when checked in to chalet at the absolute filth of it! The curtains and patio doors had thick mold on them.The bedroom windows had mold on too as well as one of the beds! The windows were filthy! The cheap lino on floor had bumps in it that girls kept tripping on! The oven stank and oven door was thick with grease. The fridge and microwave smelt too. We had small old fashioned TV that was supposed to have free view on it but didn't so granddaughters couldn't watch children's channels.

Complained to cleaners when arrived but they seemed disinterested and said would get housekeeper to come over. I had to go and buy some cleaning materials like bleach and clean chalet thoroughly before i could unpack and turn the mattress with mold over! Complained to manager who was not really bothered and really rude!He ignored me for 25 minutes before he could be bothered speaking to me, even though one of his staff told him i was waiting to speak to him. He said he would send a housekeeper over and to take my ISSUES up with her but wasn't much they could do about the mold! Very ignorant and rude!

I am absolutely disgusted as payed nearly £400 to upgrade to a club 2 chalet! Goodness knows what their basic chalets look like if that is a Club 2 one! Was just recovering from pneumonia when went and have had a bad chest infection since coming home from there. When showed my doctor my photos i had taken of the filthy chalet-he said my infection was most likely to be from inhaling the spores from the mold! Going to complain to head office and send photos and also to environmental health.

Anyone out there thinking of going - i would strongly recommend you choose somewhere else if you value your health.

Gill Johnson

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Choose somwhere else-somewhere clean with polite staff!

1 2 335 »

Map for Pontins Southport Closest airport: Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) 11.5 miles

Traveller photo of Pontins Southport Traveller photo of Pontins Southport Traveller photo of Pontins Southport Pontins Southport photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Pontins Southport
  • by izzy-claire

" Southport Pier, Splash World "

• by beverleyt

" Mama Mias and the beach were the highlight "

• by wadsleyowl

" Pizza Express in Southport was lovely, staff v friendly "

• by 58829008

" we travelled to chester zoo and the kids loved it "

• by mags

" you get what u pay for great for kids "

• by charl86

" blackpool for the day or the beatles story in liverpool "

• by clickycat

" Pop to Farmer Teds in Ormskirk - great for kids loads of activities and hands on with the animals "

• by Claire Lynch

" better if you can drive so you not tied to the complex and you can go and explore rest of southport as apart from beach nothing local "