Pontins Camber Sands

Food: 4/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pontins Camber Sands

1 2 339 »
camber sands aug 10th

"Arrived to have to stand in a Que with no air for 45 minutes got to chalet to find it was filthy and curtains falling down . Then found i had forgotten to order bedding so went back to see the rep who told me if i hadn't booked it i couldn't hire it would have to go to shop to bye them! The only set of toilets in main building were smelly and the nappy bins stunk were they hadn't been changed i would class it a health hazard as was told by a cleaner they change them fortnightly. The food was horrible and it rained most of week and their was nothing to do for the children in rainy weather though some of the blue coats did their best with what they had in Victoria pub but as a non drinker the price of soft drinks was stupid!been many places this was one of the worst hope more people that complained do so on here. forgot to say over an hour wait in Que to use swimming pool."

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: pull it down

Shocking!!!!

"My 8yr old son was so excited about coming to Pontins but oh dear! The room was filthy, the chest of draws collapsed on my hand when I opened it. Luckily it was me that opened it & not my son. This was dealt with very quickly by a friendly member of staff. However, I discovered ants in our room which I pointed out to a member of staff who was wandering about & he just shrugged his shoulders at me & didn't say a word. I then proceeded to go into the bathroom to be met by a toilet which had evidence of previous holiday makers in the toilet & it was disgusting. I found another member of staff & I pointed this out to her & she said someone would be round to sort it out. Nobody came so by the next afternoon I'd had enough & ended up cleaning it myself. I can't speak for everyone but personally, I don't go on holiday to clean toilets.

The evening meal in the sands restaurant left a lot to be desired. we had the carvery on Sunday (09.08.15) & I was very unwell the next day (which was awkward as we were traveling home that day) & for a few days after.

As we had paid for half board & were being picked up so early on the Monday (10.08.15)we were going to miss breakfast so were provided with a 'packed meal'. well, what can I say?! This consisted of orange juice, which was off, a muffin, a yogurt with no spoon, an apple which was bitter & brown inside & a packet of crisps which were out of date by just over 1month. we were expected to give this rubbish to our children!!

Needless to say Pontins Camber Sands was not a nice experience & we will not be back.

• Holiday details: Aug 2015, booked with Travelstyle
  • Advice: Don't do it!!!!!

service

"Arrived on Thursday 11th June and asked for some towels and was told they would be delivered to the chalet but after 4 hours nothing, went to the reception and asked again but all that day nothing, 8-30am next morning phoned the helpline and was told yup no problem, 12pm nothing so went to the reception and asked again ok very sorry for the delay then 3pm still nothing, went again back to reception to complain and was told sorry there were none left but they couldn't be bothered to let us know and there were still hundreds arriving what a POOR show so all in all shirt service"

How is this place even open to the public?

"I last week returned from a 3 night break at this park.

Unfortunately I couldn't find much to write a nice thing about. On arrival (10pm) reception was packed, loud and very disorganized.

I was given key, a rough map and directions to our chalet. Hardly any parking spaces were left so had a good walk with all the luggage across the park to the chalet.

First impressions of the chalet were "what the hell have I come to?" The windows were filthy, looked like they had never been cleaned. There was a terrible smell inside which we later found was coming from the kitchen sink drain. There was no duvets so we had to trek back over to reception (which had now closed) find a manager and request bedding. This arrived within the hour but smelled terribly.

The bathroom was very basic with no shower - had to bathe in the bath and wash hair with a glass to rinse - just like being back in the 1970s.

The beds were very small, the two singles just beds suitable for children. As adults we suffered greatly from lack of space and uncomfortable mattresses. The "double" bed settee was more like a queen size three quarter bed. The two teenage girls sharing this said it was more comfortable than the beds though.

The entertainment by "Bluecoat Charlie" left us feeling like we had been in an army camp. She bellows at the children barking out orders and doesn't have much personality at all. She cannot seem to speak but insists in shouting down into her microphone – just awful and the games she played are horrendous and disheartening – you have won an Easter Egg, Easter was over a month ago!! You have won a glass of water! You have won nothing – the poor children’s faces!!

The professional entertainment by Popwork was brilliant - the only saving grace to our break. Had a fab night disco dancing to all the old hits!

We visited the takeaway outlets which were very slow and disorganized, had to wait in a very cramped room for our orders for over half an hour. However when it did come the food was very tasty and hot.

Having seen the state of the chalets we really didn't fancy taking a dip in the pool so cannot give a review on this. Did think of popping over just to have a shower but saw people dripping wet walking back to their chalets to change who said the changing rooms were awful.

The park really needs to update the accommodation to make it bearable. The basics they could do is employ a window cleaner/general odd jobs man. Provide every chalet with a shower, even over the bath would be a bonus. TVs could do with updating, ours was a tiny portable that was hard to see and hear from other side of the room. And lastly these days everywhere should provide free wi-fi.

The surrounding areas and beaches were lovely and we did have three great days out and about. I dread to think what it would have been like to just stay on the park the whole time - nightmare!

• Advice: Don't expect much

NEVER GO THERE DIDNT WANT TO EVEN GIVE IT 1* RATING HAD TOO TO UPLOAD REVIEW

"MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF GOING DON'T!!!! MY FIVE YEAR OLD WAS USING THE WORD Filthy !!! After numerous emails back and forth to Management they have offered a 50% discount HAHA on our next Stay WHAT A JOKE !!!! i feel very insulted that they think we would ever return!!!!!!!THEY WILL NOT RETURN OUR MONEY WE WAS ONLY ON THE PARK SITE FOR 12 HOURS IN TOTAL WHEN WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR THREE NIGHTS!!! I wouldn't even let my dogs stay the night!! Not fit for Human occupancy!! Disgusting dirty place! Money grabbers"

• Advice: never go

Not what you expect of a big name site

"Returned from a 3 night break at this park.

Was given key and a rough map and directions to our chalet. Hardly any parking spaces were left so had a good walk with all the luggage across the park to the chalet.

The beds were very small, the two singles just beds suitable for children. As adults we suffered greatly from lack of space and uncomfortable mattresses. The "double" bed settee was more like a queen size three quarter bed. This was more comfortable though.

Don't expect to use technology whilst here as there is no WI-FI at all and phone reception was dodgy.

The entertainment by "Blue coat Charlie" left us feeling like we had been in an army camp. She bellows at the children barking out orders and doesn't have much personality at all.

The professional entertainment by Pop work was brilliant - the only saving grace to our break. Had a fab night disco dancing to all the old hits!

The park really needs to update the accommodation to make it bearable. The basics it could do is employ a window cleaner, general odd jobs man. Provide every chalet with a shower, even over the bath would be a bonus. TVs could do with updating, ours was a tiny portable that was hard to see and hear from other side of the room. And lastly these days everywhere should provide free WI-FI.

• Holiday details: May 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: The beach and surrounding areas are lovely - make the most of days out

Not bad at all!

"We have booked 3 night holidays Friday to Monday with kids 2 and 4 years old with the Sun holidays. After reading all negative reviews I was worried, but it was not bad at all.

Negative:

1. Accommodation looks like an estate – 2 floors buildings with metal staircases. Dirty cutlery, sticky tables, burned pots, filthy floor and toilet. There is mold in the bathroom, only hot tub, hot water is burning hot. Lack of plugs-one plug only for kettle, toaster, microwave oven. Beds were clean and comfortable; TV and electric heating were working.

2. Very NOISY at night time, parties until 1 am, BBQ s, screaming and shouting, banging doors etc.

3. Big issue with PARKING: we had to drive 4-5 times round to find space. The arcade-all gambling, no many rides, bouncing castle and trampolines are £2 (tokens).

Positive: Lovely sandy BEACH only 10 min away. Plenty of PLAYGROUNDS - golf, sandy playground, 3 playgrounds with climbing frames. NISA shop with £1 department, local fish and chips shop Pelican, Pizza and pub with happy hour 5-7 £2.20. SWIMMING POOL is great, not overcrowded, warm and clean. There is a programmer of daily activities at the reception: we have met most characters and took photos. Kids club is great with JUNGLE soft play, kid’s CINEMA (Aladdin, Frozen, Tangled), crafts, face painting. Mini disco 8-9 pm, quizzes and prizes to win. Blue coats have done their best to keep kids happy!

Well deserved 3 stars: Kids have enjoyed, parents had to worry about the rest!

• Holiday details: May 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Places to visit: Bodiam castle 30 min drive £19.50 family of 4. Hastings-Smugglers Adventure £25 family of 4.

Dirty boring place

"This is a run down dirty holiday site .whole accommodation filthy .spoke to manager who seemed helpful who said would resolve problems .what a joke he walked past me without saying anything ,it was just lip service .very disappointed in whole of site food.itchy beds getting bitten all night .warm tasteless food .nothing to do .fridge had not been cleaned at all dirty still had old food in freezer compartment .toilet had feces all over it .

Had nice day out in rye .

Do not book to go here

• Advice: Don't go

hen weekend

"Just got back from my daughters hen do and after reading the on line reviews before we went I was worried about going,although the accommodation is basic the beds and bathroom were clean,shower was good,rest of the room needs a bit more time spent on it for a proper clean.Dinner and breakfast was served by mainly friendly staff.Great entertainment the blue coats did a good job in keeping the children happy,although some of the bar staff were abrupt (maybe they need more help behind the bar)Would like to thank Richard at check in for the extra help he gave us."

"I went with family for 4 days we stayed 2 then went home, this is a poor mans Butlins, nothing to do dirty rooms,uncomfortable beds, needs updating,no places local to eat until 4.30 then its pizza,burger or fish, very disappointed would not venture near Pontins ever again."

• Advice: none, dump

Filthy accommodation, rude staff

I have just got back from Camber Sands an I would like to say how disgusted I am with this park, our accommodation was filthy I went to the reception to complain about it and was told a cleaner will come over straight away which never happened therefore I went out and spent half of our holiday money on cleaning products so it was clean for my children one of which is a baby, our first nite we was there our chalet was freezing to the point we had to sleep in our coats, I complained to reception the next morning he said he will get someone to have a look which again no one did, I also noticed that our kitchen window was broke and wouldn't shut I spoke to reception he said he will send someone over which a old grey haired gentleman did who was very rude to my husband saying who opened the window which we didn't as it was already open when we got into the room when my husband said that to him his reply was well don't open in future. On Saturday during the day my husband and 2 of our children got locked in the chalet I told reception who said they will get someone over I asked when as this is health and safety issue he said well as soon as someone is available which is unacceptable, my husband managed to get out before maintenance turned up but then he couldn't shut the door when they turned up the said they was already aware the lock on the door wasn't good before we even arrived. We wasn't even given toilet roll when we arrived in our chalet, Our oven wasn't working either. On our last day just before I checked out I asked for the complaints number as explained everything to receptionist it was only this time that I was told to go the accommodation manager I have stayed at Pakefield for far less price and got a lot better accommodation. Our experience at this park was horrible

• Advice: Take your cleaning products with you

please read before visit

"Just spent 2 nights at Camber Sands Pontins & have to say I'm not impressed. Not enough food outlets to start with, when we did get a pizza it was ok but had to wait a long time as the staff didn't seem sure what there doing. As for the arcade that was a joke as half the machines didn't work, no point winning tickets as the ticket machine was always broken, as for the carpet...well that was disgusting yuk!! read that this place had just updated the site, but where the money was spent god only knows. don't go to the games room either as that is full of litter,dartboards with no numbers on them, to hot & just a mess. went to go to the go_karts but only had one running as other ones were broke so my kids missed out again. overall the staff all seemed young & grotty with no respect for there jobs & feel they could all do better. On the plus side though we had a nice day when we left site & went to the beech .....lovely. overall i could go on but give this place a miss....please. By the way I'm not a snob."

• Holiday details: Apr 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: just go in summer & go to the beech.

1 2 339 »

Map for Pontins Camber Sands Closest airport: London Southend (SEN) 44.1 miles

Traveller photo of Pontins Camber Sands Traveller photo of Pontins Camber Sands Traveller photo of Pontins Camber Sands Pontins Camber Sands photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Pontins Camber Sands
  • by Pointinspal

" Just join in with whatever is going on. "

• by Clare Saunders

" Get to the evening entertainment early if you want a seat. "

• by Betty Lemon

" Take your own cleaning materials and food "

• by meloo

" lots of lovely places to visit in the area but find other accomadation "

• by Dean Thornton

" if the weather is nice i would spend most of your time at the beach it's lovely "

• by kbird

" Take essentials with you ie: tea towl, dish cloth, washing up liquid and flip flops "

• by lucydee1

" take own towls "

• by Natasha Jowsey

" take food and own bedding and look at what events they have on as there is loads. The Lunar is downstairs where most of kids daytime entertainment is. "