Butlins Bognor Regis

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

1 2 312 »
Angelfish Room 9 Oyster Bay

"For a deluxe room with lounge this accommodation was pretty poor. The downstairs lounge had a connecting door to the next door lounge, this was not locked, just held shut with two small screws. There was a long dark hair in the bathroom stuck to the wall, the health and safety sign for the heated towel rail had been painted over. The extractor fan was full of dust and grime and the plaster was falling off the inside of the bath screen. Lastly in the bathroom there was no chrome on the taps.

We could not shut the bedroom door as the bed was in the way! Could not watch the tv in bed as it was fixed to the wall at a right angle to the bed and could not be moved.

We had to send our first meal at the Diner back because both burgers were over cooked (burnt round the edges) but were replaced without quibble and was very nice.

Could not fault the red coats and entertainment that was brill!

• Holiday details: May 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: is deffinately a venue for families

fab festive fun

"We stayed 4 nights 15th Dec onwards.

Checked in around 1pm and were warmly greeted with mince pies and mulled wine, we were told our room wasn't accessible until 4pm which was fine for us we went and looked around the skyline...there was a lovely puppet show on which captivated our 2 year old son instantly, we went to the sports bar and bought a holiday drink and let our son on lots or arcade amusements and soon enough we could access our room.

Trolleys are provided for luggage which is great, our accommodations was upstairs which was a pain having a little one who falls asleep in his buggy of an evening so was a bit dangerous taking that up and downstairs every evening...however i could see this couldn't be helped on a tots break so we didnt mention it as those with more needy and younger children understandably needed the ground floor apartments.

Rooms are basic, acceptably clean... not OCD clean.. dust under beds and splat marks on radiator etc so if these things really bug you and put you in a bad mood i wouldn't book a chalet Apartment. (I cleaned to my standard on arrival and was happy)

No microwave in room i am unsure if this should have been included, but again didn't affect us really we just used pans.

One thing i will be reporting to butlins is fire safety, i did not see a single call point on our block G, fire instructions say leave room and inform those close then press call point in block A...???? That in itself is a delay to raising the alarm and in my eyes a fire hazard...no fire blanket or extinguishers in room or on block...concerned me a bit. FRIDGE broke on day 3 replaced really quick on day 4, happy with the service there.

Entertainment was good. However Thomas show not tailored to the 'tots break' the 2 comperes dusty and rusty telling inane jokes for 30mins just wasn't a 2 or 3 yr old cup of tea and they were all getting fidgety by the time of Thomas' s appearance, a bit disappointing.

THE SNOWSTORM is amazing TIP-get seated inside the semi circle! (We attended twice)

SCOOBY DOO - BEST SHOW OF THE TRIP!

the center stage opens at 6.30 and most shows start at 7 for an hour... then in 30mins they call time at the bar and pressure you to leave, a bar hand actually poured 2 full drinks bought at time away of ours as we were on the dance floor with our littlin...when challenged he did replace them and i expressed that i felt very pressured to leave very early..it was about 9.30/10?? After the Freddy act. Such a big venue only open for an hour seems silly to me..

No bingo or quizzes for those who wish to play...

Frosty frozen dome.... i would give a miss wasn't all that as entertainment goes but has a father Xmas picture at the end (payable) and you receive an unwrapped gift...we didn't wait as could see the books coming out our son already had.

Swimming pool is great or little one loved the dolphin slide and inflatable nemos that were everywhere!

Little tikes raceway is great!

Soft play becomes clogged with too many kids and pushy parents not allowing children exit as they barge through - this made our little one panic as he felt trapped as the exit hole was blocked by a large male shielding his young child who to me was too small for the equipment anyway.

Indoor fair is great fun for the littlins very friendly attendants whi ensure the kiddies are smiling.

Outdoor fair was too cold and wet for our use which was a shame.

Laundrette is pricey £4 a wash £2 a dry TIP bring washing powder/tablets/liquid as its £5 a bottle in spar!

Papa johns - great

Diner - great décor good food little over priced.

Beachcomber - great

Costa - great

Overall we have had a fantastic time with a few niggles...would definitely have a festive break here again!

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont set expectations too high and you will be pleased

ohhh shame on you....

"The Apartment was pretty unclean, the floors were littered (no hoover)

there was dust all over the furnishings, the cutlery/crockery was dirty/soiled yet in the cupboard & draw! The beds covers were stained.

I asked to be moved, they said there is no empty apartments for my family & I to move to, they said a housekeeper/cleaner would be over to clean up top to bottom.

However the guy did change the bed linen & that was it!!

• Holiday details: Jul 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: no comment

food poisoning

"Party of eight, we stayed in the Reef Boulevard Oyster bay silver apartments six and seven, there was blood on a mattress, the lounge door handle was broken, the oven was missing a knob which made it unsafe for the little ones, there were stains on the carpets and walls, a nail in the floor the bathroom, the key card didn't always look, very noisy door banging and people shouting

we all ate in the coast restaurant, my son was the first one to fall ill

he was realy sick, and he had to look after 3 small children on his own.

my granddaughter who is 10 months old had very bad diarrhea in the coast restaurant, it went all over her chair and the carpet under our table, some poor guy had to clean it all up.

my grandson who is two was sick later that evening in the central stage theater all over his dad and pushchair we informed the staff again about the incident, two guys came and cleaned up the mess. i am a foster carer for KCC and my two foster children have been sick several times as well as my self, the Doctor said it sounds like food poisoning. I feel really disappointed with Butlins when we arrived home i contacted Butlins, only to told there had been no reported sickness and i should write in to them. we paid over thousand pound this weekend never again !!!!

• Holiday details: May 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: only go for gold accomadation and premium dining

Disappointed with accommodation

"We stayed in Oyster Bay. We would not stay there again! The heater wasn't working in the kids bedroom or bathroom. Broken pan. Broken, taped bathroom window. Dirty pillowcase. Holes in wall. Big gaps in the door. Key card didn't always work. Damp bedding in kids room. Paper thin walls, very noisy door slamming & late night shouting from people coming home at 1am, so limited sleep. Cuts & scrapes from using flumes in the swimming pool (which was cold)

Plus side. Friendly staff & good evening entertainment. Felt Christmas. Some nice touches in the room like tea & coffee samples & washing up clothes etc, Santas grotto & present.

Cons: However too many arcade games & it rained mostly so couldn't go on many rides in the funfair. Didn't eat any food, so cannot comment on that.

Worst holiday of my life!

"Went for four nights to an Irish dancing weekend at Bognor Butlins. The first apartment overwhelmingly stunk of sewage, it took two and a half hours of our holiday to sort out, then we got moved to a disabled room, the following day we were told this room was booked out and had to move again. I packed and unpacked our suitcases every single day of our stay and by the time we were sorted each day, the quality of the food at the Deck restaurant was disgraceful! During our stay, we experienced a terrible rain storm during which the roof on center stage started to collapse due to incoming rain and the evacuation was disorganized and positively dangerous. Various other issues with key cards not working, doors catching fire in the rain, my 8 year old being stuck on the slide in splash world for 30 minutes due to people being stuck at the top of the slide, filthy carpets, overpriced bar drinks. Letter of complaint basically told us to get lost..... It cost me £600 for this holiday, and we hadn't had one since 2005 so generated real good happy childhood memories for my children NOT...won't ever go back again and neither will any of my extended family or friends"

• Holiday details: Oct 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go!

what a great holiday

"just got home from a week at butlins bognor with my wife and 3 children aged 16/13/11 and we had the best holiday we stayed half board in a silver apartment at oyster bay rooms nice and clean and the food was great kids loved the splash waterworld and all the shows the redcoats are brillant with the kids of all ages and the skyline gang make the holiday.all the staff are so nice we will be booking again thanks all at bognor see you all soon"

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: dont listen to anyone else just go and have a great time we did

O.M.G

"just got back from bognor omg what a brilliant time we had. i went with my partner and my 2 nephews who are 10 and 5, there is so much to do indoors and outdoors and everyone is friendly. we stay in oyster bay and the rooms was great every think you need in there. we are looking already to go again the night shows are great for all ages.

also the over 18 weekends are brilliant that ive been to on hen weekends

leanne

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks

lost camera

"Well.... I had just left butlins bognor regis and then about 1 hour into my drive home i phoned up butlins and asked if my camera was there and they said that my camera wasn't there , no one else had been there except the cleaning staff !! so ,what do you excpect??who else could it have been except for them?? bad service

beware and make sure you check your room before leaving to go home!!!

• Holiday details: Dec 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go to the sport activity!

the best and worst of bognor

"i am a housekeeper from a large hotel in bournemouth .

since having 3 children we cannot afford to go abroad so have been going to butlins for 8yrs now.

if your looking for a cheap holiday with lots to do ,this is it,if you are staying in an appartment ,you may as well go standard as they are all the same except bigger tele's etc

the silver plus rooms with terrace are nice as you get a place for the kids to play,but as a gold card hold holder i personally prefer to stay in the shoreline hotel in a patio room as you get a lovely bit of grass for your kids to play on outside your patio.

the ocean rooms are very cramped with little storage and balconies that if it rains or someone spills a drink from above you get wet,a definate no for me.

the place to eat is the sun and moon pub,great value home cook food and puds.

all in all very good value for money

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont always think the basic room is the cheaest...sometimes u can get hotel rooms for less

Happy days

"Everytime i go to butlins its home. The staff is brilliant and entertainment is excellent.

Although butlins do have its problems there but really they try and do there best.

I miss it so much when its time to go home i dont want to go home!

Butlins is brilliant and celebrating its 75th anniversay this year and lets raise your glasses for another 25 years..

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: beach

The new Ocean hotel is great!

"After reading some of the reviews I was shocked, My family have been going to Butlins (mainly Bognor regis, we went to minehead once but its too far away)from when I was a 3 year old, and I have had fun every single time, we used to always stay in the silver accommodation (which always seemed to be clean and tidy) until the new hotels were built, last year (for the first time) we stayed in the Ocean hotel, the room and basically the whole hotel was spotless, the red coats and other staff were friendly and entertaining, also even though I'm almost 14 I still found it really fun, as did my sister who was 15 at the time. One of the best parts was the 3 wheeled bikes, with a steering wheel like a car, we spent about 3 of the 4 days on them because they were so fun, you have to rent them though. Another good thing was the DVD rental service in the hotel, as the childrens room has a flat screen tv (and the adults room) we watched films in bed, its free to rent them but you pay about 10 pounds deposit which as long as you return the DVD in the same condition, you get back. The funfair is good but its definitely better for younger kids as some of the rides seem quite boring now, the dodgers and the high hat (I think thats what its called) were the best rides and as all the rides are free its great. Again, the entertainment is better for young kids in the inside room but the outside one is as good for both older and younger people. The swimming pool is ok but not as fun as it used to be when I was little. Over all I think butlins is a great place to go on holiday, for all ages really as my parents enjoyed it to. Also the resorts spar shop is handy as we were always going to it late at night to buy ice cream, its either 24 hour or closes late. We are going back to Butlins, Bognor regis with my grandparents(instead of my parents)in 2 days and I cant wait to be back there. ALso the food is very nice, last time we only had the hotel room, this time we've booked breakfast at the kaleidoscope restraunt in the hotel, as the food there is a really nice buffet."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Use the 3 wheel bikes, take a laptop as theres free wifi and it gives you something to do at night

1 2 312 »

Map for Butlins Bognor Regis Closest airport: London Gatwick (LGW) 32.1 miles

Traveller photo of Butlins Bognor Regis Traveller photo of Butlins Bognor Regis Traveller photo of Butlins Bognor Regis Butlins Bognor Regis photos (5 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Butlins Bognor Regis
  • by kimmy2115

" Titan and the pool complex "

• by daveandchrisuk

" arundel castle and boating lake "

• by minkyminky

" West sussex? Do Arundel, Do Chichester. Do West Wittering beaches. Don't do Butlins. "