Aquarium Hotel

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Aquarium Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
holiday june 2012 by Bernard M

mr & mrs mansfield we are both in are 60s we had a very good 7 nights holiday the staff was very good and the rooms was very clean the food was very good.

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with southen holiday
  • Advice: we had a very good time and will be back the best hotel we have stayed in Spain

long weekend by bananas

perfect place for a long weekend

bar staff great fun

lifeguard funny

food good

weather great for april/may

safety in numbers better for girls

if young lads head screwed on

we will be back

Donna & Helen (20´s)

great location by tupacshak

went for one week half board at the aquarium hotel, myself and 2 friends in our 40s. what an excellant hotel location, 8 minutes walk 2 fenals beach which was smaller but more beautiful than the main resort. the hotel food was very good and the room average size clean and comfy. 2 ways 2 get in 2 town, one up a small hill, the other flater but still only 15mins steady walk. went in loads of different bars, rockefellas on the way in were most of the english go, also texas and robroy, drinks 2.75 euro pint 4 euro after 12, or bottles cheaper and nicer than local beer, main resort try mobys and the zoo, ignore black guys on street sellin coke besides other things, word of warnin always ask how much drinks r before orderin at bar otherwise u could get ripped off, talk 2 the guys workin 4 the pub before u go in. glad we stayed were we did quiet location at night not noisy and full of thugslike some of the other hotels closer2 main resort

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Half Board, booked with travel republic

A 3 star hotel by Anna27

The hotel didn't look like a 4 star hotel. The room was tiny, not very clean and there was no fridge in the room. But I guess most of the hotels in Lloret were quite old so good luck with finding a better option!

Excellent - really good hotel The... by C Muir

Excellent - really good hotel

The Aquarium hotel is situated in the perfect location of Fenals which you would not know was not actually in Lloret De Mar as the 5minute walk to Lloret is lined with shops and hotels and seems that it is all part of the same. Lloret itself is very busy on the main street with younger people and the street is lined with nightclubs - Fenals is much better suited to families and couples.

The hotel is beautiful on the inside, very clean and has good bedrooms with tv, hairdryer, bath and shower, balcony, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. I went with my 2 children but the room was a bit cramped for 3, the room consisted of a double bed and a sofa bed as the third.

The entertainment was very good although mainly spoken in Spanish, there was a kids club for day and night and the entertainment in the bar at night when we were there was very good magic shows, bird show, reptile show, clown, martial arts show, there were however 2 nights when there were singers and it was terrible if you arrive to that don't be put off the other nights are excellent! Drinks were a bit expensive but it seemed to be that way everywhere. There are not really any family bars to go to in Fenals apart from Robin Hood pub and there is a very good crazy golf opposite it.

Outside the hotel there are two impressive swimming pools, a jacuzzi, 2 bars - serving food, drinks, ice lolloes etc, there are tables and chairs and plenty of sunbeds although it was difficult to find an empty one by 3pm! Indoors there is a swimming pool another jacuzzi, a gym, even a masseuse.

The food was very good -predictable- but always something you'd like and great for kids with things like chicken nuggets, fish fingers, burgers, pasta etc.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone! Around the area of the hotel there are lots of shops, a bus stop situated at the end of the road (past the Oasis Park hotel which is next door to the Aquarium) which takes you into Lloret if you don't want to walk it only costs 1euro per person, we used it the 1st day so we could see where to go to get into Lloret. To walk to Lloret you go round on to the side of the Aquarium hotel (where the bins are located), cross the road onto the other side and follow the street up the hill (its not too steep) once you're at the top carry on down the hill you'll see Lloret right in front of you. To get to the beach walk to the corner at the Oasis Park hotel, turn left, go down this street past the Htop hotel, take a left and follow the road on till you get to the beach. The beach was disappointing though it doesn't have sand its shingle very uncomfortable and kids can't play in it!

We went to Marine Land which is a water park with dolphin shows, seal lion shows, bird shows etc it was a brilliant day and well worth a visit it seemed quite expensive to get in but was well worth it and you can buy a ticket to go back again another day for just 6 euro each. It was about 16euro for a child and 22euro for an adult but you get a free bus there and back from the petrol station at Fenals which is situated end of the road (to corner where Oasis Park is), left to the top of the road, right and you'll see it on the opposite side of the road - is less than a 5min walk from the hotel buses are at 9.15, 10.15, and 11.15 make sure you get a ticket for the bus back when you pay to get in.

When you are in Lloret, there are a lot of shops behind the ones on the other side of the road from the beach and the market is behind the bus station on Tuesdays.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel!

Just got back from this hotel ,my... by B .F  Northern Ireland

Just got back from this hotel ,my wife & 13 year old son,me. on the 24th july ,a real family hotel plesant staff ,very good maid service, in a quiet area but great hotel, food 100%, hotel was spotless if you want to try eating away from the hotel try Danis just out the main doors up the hill & turn right, or a good chinese out the doors & go left end of road go left again 1st road on right..only downside was the night entertainment could been a wee bit better ,other than that a great Hotel ,would defi go back

After reading all the comments both... by R Beckenham

After reading all the comments both good and bad on the Aquarium, we still went with an open mind. Since this was the first time we had been abroad for Xmas and New Year, we were looking forward to something different.

On arrival at the hotel we were impressed on the look and cleanliness of the reception area, most of the staff were pleasant and polite with the odd exception. The bedroom wasn't bad, clean and tidy, the only downfall was the noisy road below that seemed to turn into a racing track for motorbikes and mopeds from 9pm.

As of the food what can I say!!! What a load of rubbish, yes we're British but chips nearly every day for lunch and dinner I don't think so, once or maybe twice a week?? And considering we were having a sit down Xmas turkey lunch instead it was normal buffet still with chips, what a total disappointment that was and as such the reps didn't seem to care when nearly 400 people started to complain, her reply was 'what can I do about it now'. I would have thought it would have been better to actually organise and confirm before the day but that's only my opinion. And to try and make up for it on New Years Eve, thought lets see, after 3 starters all nicely presented and tasting and served quickly, we we're impressed then after waiting for about 1hr still no sign of the main, after another 30mins wait (10.30pm)it arrived, roast beef which was lovely but the 4 small uncooked potato's and the tin carrots where a big disappointment!!!

Though it didn't take much time to loose the weight after a swim in the pool, the best part of the hotel. We just couldn't wait to come home and have proper healthy home cooked food. At least this year we certainly won't be going abroad if this is what is on offer, I'll stick to home.

Me and my husband planned a break... by D Fredrick

Me and my husband planned a break away from our home in Southport and as we have loved Spain for many years we thought we would try Lloret de Mar this year... Never Again!!!

We arrived to young teens throwing up outside the hotel, I just hoped it wasn't the food there. Well the food was a disgrace out of a 7nights stay we ate in the hotel for evening meal twice. Each night we went to bed after the entertainment around 11-12o'clock then was woken every night at about 3-4am. I'm a light sleeper as it is but to be woken by screaming and swearing and then blasts of musics... I mean its not acceptable at that hour. I wouldn't mind but not at that time!

I remember walking past a group of young teens rooms and their cleaner refusing to clean the room and they verbally abused her and she didn't clean any of our rooms on that floor and us staying on that same floor meant we slept in unclean sheets!

The pool area was lovely but I nearly lost my tether when two girls jumped in either side of me. The lifeguard wasn't interested when I tried to complain, we didn't stay stay by the pool again! The hotel became a like a crèche and didn't spend much time there... I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

You get what you paid for by dp123

Went on a very cheap family holiday here. Place is quite dated – 1990’s style and food very average and rooms small and pool overlooked by another hotel.

If it is really cheap go but other wise don’t

2* is about the right rating but it is clean and staff are good

After reading reviews on this hotel... by And K Gibson

After reading reviews on this hotel we were a bit worried about this hotel but it looked lovely in the pictures and when we arrived we weren’t at all disappointed.

The place was lovely and clean. Lots of facilities including indoor pool, small gym, sauna and sunbeds (handy if you don’t get the weather!) and a games room.

The staff were also very friendly, weren’t exactly perfect at english but you are not going to hold up a conversation, they understood what you asked for. There was alot of Spanish, French and German in this hotel but that was probably due to the time of year.

The maid service in the hotel was also the best I’ve had in a hotel so far. The place is spotless anyway.

It’s not actually in Lloret de Mar, it’s in Fenals which is about a 5 minute walk from Lloret therefore its not dead noisy and busy early hours in the morning.

mother-in-law was'nt there! by rd350

Overall a good clean hotel. It does'nt merit a four star rating, probably more like a good two star. Could'nt complain about the cleanliness of the rooms or communal areas. Food good but not too varied. As in other reviews its ok if you like continental style breakfast i.e. cake, cheese etc. Staff very helpful. Dont book a room facing the reception area if you want an early night. The in-house entertainment is on till about 12 midnight every night and the noise echoes up the open area in the centre of the hotel. Beach at Blanes is 5mins walk and very clean and sandy, but watch out for the steeply shelving entrance to the water.

Great Value by Pacific.1

The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. I stayed on a half board basis and there was a wide range of choice at breakfast e.g. meat, cheese, bread, cooked breakfasts, cereal and again lots of choice at dinner. The other guests were mostly from European countries other than the UK and the hotel is most definitely popular with families. The pool is a decent size (plus a children's pool) and there is also an indoor pool which unexpectedly was put to use due to a little rain!! The hotel was excellent value for money and I would recommend it / stay there again without a moments hesitation. The location is good for the beach and also approximately 10 minutes walk from the centre of Lloret away from the hustle and bustle. I did not expereince any rowdiness at night time in the hotel.

1 2 »

Stayed at Aquarium Hotel? Share your insight.

Aquarium Hotel also called

• aquarium hotel lloret de mar
  • aquarium lloret de mar
  • Address: C/ Pere Codina i Mont S/N, Lloret De Mar 17310, Spain