Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel

Room: 9.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
This hotel is absolutely fantastic.... by FH Gray

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are lovely and the showers and separate bath makes it spoilt for choice.

The wide variety of food in the evenings is just out of this world. During the day the pool and sea is fantastic.

My sister and I got the best pedicure and henna I have ever had, it was so intricate and lasted 2-3 weeks! Been twice and would definitely go again!

This was my favourite holiday I have... by pmahp294

This was my favourite holiday I have been on yet.

At first when I found out I was 2 hours away from Dubai I felt the holiday will not be as good as I had hoped, but I was wrong!

The staff at the hotel were amazing; we were greeted with a glass of juice and a cold flannel because of the heat. They took our luggage from us right away refusing to let us carry it up the stairs neither to the main reception nor to our room.

The check-in process was quick and painless and the room was amazing.

The activities they provided through the course of the holiday were great (water polo, water volleyball etc.)

I have never been treated like royalty before until this holiday.

Would definitely recommend and will definitely go back!

fantastic hotel! by A TripAdvisor Member

Just got back from a wonderful 4 day stay at le meridien. Where do we begin?

From the moment we arrived and were greeted by 3 porters, someone bearing cold flannels covered in rose petals and a waiter offering fruit cocktails, to the farewell committee - it was bliss.

The transfer is a good 90 mins as others have said, however the sights of wild camels, donkeys, goats etc plus private air-conditioned car with informative driver was hardly an ordeal! We went all-inclusive (blue band), which we felt represented good value for money if you ate 3 meals a day with frequent drinks in between. It did seem quite a complicated system when explained, as others have said, however, all meals and drinks were included if you ate in Views restaurant. This consisted of substantial buffets at every meal time, frequently replenished, with attentive service. The buffets always included approx 10 main courses, 10 different salads, 20 different desserts, plus a chef on hand to cook your own individual main course if desired. We ate lobster, steak, oysters, etc depending on the theme that evening - all inclusive and definitely 5 star. The rooms were very spacious and well-equipped, all with a sea/beach/pool view, which was lovely at any time of day and with a different daily greeting written in the sand. The staff all went out of their way to be friendly - nothing was too much trouble. The entertainments team did their best to entice guests away from their loungers (without pressure) and there were certainly games/yoga/beach volleyball/tennis/squash etc to be enjoyed, but the prevalent atmosphere of spa relaxation seemed to make lethargy the preferred option. Now for the downside. We had to think long & hard. If you want nightlife this isn't for you. The hotel is totally on its own -there is nowhere else to go nearby. Teenagers would probably be bored. However the penguin club for the younger ones looked impressive.

There is a smaller hotel being built next door which was hardly noticeable as regard to sound or sight from most places on the beach or poolside. We felt we might have missed out by not being in Dubai so left for the airport early the last day to explore. Although there were fantastic buildings and golf courses etc., the fact that they were all surrounded by mass building works and cranes detracted from their attraction and underlined our choice. It wasn't anything like Dubai itself and a wonderful choice with a backdrop of the mountains rather than of a city building site.

Would love to go back.

Very nice hotel for short break by danzlm

We spend 7 nights at the Le Meridien Al Aqah at the beginning of Nov 2005, just when Ramadan had finished. This is a great time to go to Dubai as it's public holiday (Eid) and on top everything is on sale.

Unfortunately the Le Meridien Al Aqah didn't cope so well with the 100% occupancy during this time. Service was sub 5* standard. It started with some very unfriendly receptions staff which did not apologies for the long wait (20 minutes) and generally weren't bothered giving good service. The question here, why are there only 2 check-in desks but 5 staff, three who looked their two colleagues over the shoulders but not doing anything themselves.

And it went on in the same fashion in the restaurants. The main restaurant (Views) had plenty of staff but no management. We had to wait between 10 and 20 minutes each morning to get a table for breakfast. Not great when you have two little children. And the Bayview restaurant for lunch wasn't any better. The only restaurant to recommend for service was "Taste" which is a very nice Thai restaurant.

The other facilities are great though. Very large and well maintained rooms, staff at the kids club were fantastic, the Dive Centre is brilliant and the diving sites much better then I thought. Better than the Red Sea or Great Barrier Reef believe it or not. The pool was never crowded and the Spa is superb.

So if you want to have a relaxing time and great hotel facilities, then this is your hotel if you can live with the average service.

Bliss in Fujairah by A TripAdvisor Member

I stayed a week at the Meridien Al Aqah in Fujairah (UAE) at the beginning of December 2005. It was a week of sheer bliss. Perfect weather. Very nice hotel. Excellent (multilingual) staff and very good food in all four restaurants. We had a room on the Royal Club floor where very good service, drinks and generous helpings of food were provided in a huge private lounge on the 15th floor with spectacular views over the Indian Ocean. The surrounding mountain scenery and coastline are very pretty. Only negative: a bit noisy around the (huge) pool where come 11 am energetic pop music starts blaring and (friendly) recreation staff tries to solicit your participation in water aerobics, water polo and the like. In my view this is not in keeping with the positioning of this hotel. It is after all a five star property and not a holiday club. As a result most guests abandoned the pool after one day and went to the beach instead where the poolside DJ and live orchestra (!) were less audible and one at least could concentrate on a book or sleep off any remaining jetlag. I must mention the excellent Spa facilities at the hotel. The Ayurvedic Spa was one of the reasons why we selected this hotel and we were not disappointed. On the whole, The Meridien Al Aqah was a very enjoyable experience. The area is in the process of undergoing considerable change as new hotels are being built in the neighbourhood. I guess I could be tempted to return there in the next couple of years to sample one of the new hotels or return to Le Meridien if it is kept up to the current standard (the hotel celebrated its 3rd birthday during our stay). Well done!

Great hotel,beautifull location by arabian_sands

Although the hotel would be considered beautifull from the outside if it was located in a city, it seems totaly out of place in the middle of nowhere at the dibba beach. This is the only bad thing to be said. Everything else is simple wonderfull. The rooms are amazing, huge well furnished and a great balcony overlooking the indian ocean. The beach is nice, the views are breathtaking. The breakfast is the most amazing one I have ever seen in any hotel anywhere in the world (I have seen a lot of hotels. Recommeneded with all thumbs up do not miss out on the meridien al aqah. This is the hotel to stay for a relaxing beach weekend or even for a beach holiday in the UAE. Now I can't wait to check out the new shangri-la in oman.

Second to None by A TripAdvisor Member

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in this truely amazing Hotel. I could write for England on the quality of service and facilities at this hotel but will try to be brief in catergories.

Location - 90 minutes drive east of Dubai so a transfer is essential. As you will see from pictures the hotel is secluded so it is not suitable for you if you want a busy night life. This is a pure rest and relaxation experience. Word to the wise on chatting with the locals new hotels will no doubtably will cotton on to this piece of paradise. A new Rotana hotel is currently being constructed next door. The main construction work looks complete and appears to be only two storeys. There was no noise or disturbance whilst we were there and the work is unobtrusive.

Facilities - Second to none and what you would expect from a five star hotel. The pool is the largest in the UAE and I concur with other reviews that it was never crowded. The same was true of the beach the gym and the tennis courts. The pool is temperature controlled to cool the water due to the hot temperatures. There are showers all around the pool so sand does not go into the pool.

There are plenty of acivities for all from watersports to organised daily events such as aqua aerobics and volley ball taken by trained, knowledgable friendly staff. You are not harrased to join in it is purely voluntary. The pool also has 4 perminate Lifeguards who are very observant making the pool safe and secure giving parents in particular piece of mind. This means that the pool can be enjoyed by everyone. The beach also has two life guards for its sectioned off swimming area.

Excursions are available and complimentary buses to Dubai and Fujairah are available on certain days of the week if you wish to venture out of the hotel.

There is a Penguin Club for children.

We stayed in a superior room which was enormous separate W.C and bathroom. The Air conditioning was superb throughout the hotel.

You are spoilt for choice in the Views restaurant which run theme nights every night, current price was 125 AED per head for as much as you could eat. Drink is on top of this. Breakfast again is a buffet 7am to 10am in the Views Restaurant. We also twice ate at the Baywatch restaurant in the evening which offers mainly seafood dishes although there is also chicken, beef and pasta available.

Staff - Friendly and polite all of which was genuine. This started from the second we arrived which was 5am in the morning we were greeted with cold refreshing towels and apple juice as we checked in. When we left the hotel also at 5am to transfer to the airport so we received complimentary room service for breakfast at 4am. We were given three satisfaction surveys to complete during our stay. Service is paramount in the minds of all the staff for example our door was knocked a number of times in the evening by house keeping to ensure we were happy with our room and whether we need anything such as fresh towels, bottled water etc.

Hot tips - Take some footwear for the beach and pool otherwise you will roast your feet (Flip Flops were the order of the day). The hotel shop sells them prices start at a modest 40 AED. They are also required as the beach is prone to occasional tar spots down by the water line. These come from the large tankers in the shipping lanes that can be seen in the far distance at night. The hotel provide the showers and facilities to remove any you might get on your feet. The quantity of spots are low so do not worry about this. The hotel section of the beach is kept clean however if you walk outside of the hotel boundaries I am afraid the beach is littered further up the shore line. This is outside of the hotels control.

We are recommending this hotel to anyone who will listen. In 20 years of travelling I have not had a better experience.

Great get-away on the east coast of the UAE by A TripAdvisor Member

Sadly my machine crashed after writting a massily long review to I'll make this one quick...

It was great. Me and my gf can't wait to go back. If you have been to the UAE before then this is a perfect place to go if you don't have to see the sights of Dubai, or if you are staying more then a week and can do the 1.5/2 hour trip a few times (it's a lot easier if you can drive as there is a rent a car desk in the hotel and getting to and from Dubai is very easy).

The rooms was great, huge bed and the seperate bath/shower was especially nice.

The pool and beach areas were really really nice. The sand is a bit rougher and the sea more choppy then the Gulf side resorts. There never seemed to be more then 8-10 people in the massive pool so you're never short on space to just relax, although the loungers can get quite full during the day on the UAE weekend (Fri/Sat).

The three restaurants had great food, although Views their differently themed every night buffet can get a bit busy, the other two (Swaad and Taste) offer a great quiet and relaxed atmostphere in comparison.

I can't wait to go back. My girlfriend and me are in agreement that it would certainly be the place we would like to stay next time we go back to the UAE.

Shame about the service by A TripAdvisor Member

Fantastic location and building and even when the hotel is fully occupied (as it usually is at weekends) it does not feel busy. Instead it feels relaxed and quiet and peaceful. Look out the bedroom window to the ocean and peace and quiet at the enormous swimming pool - wonderful. The service, however, is not 5 star and needs a lot of brushing up. So many staff....so much potential..so why does it not work??? You need someone to manage the staff.

Already planning our next trip here! by A TripAdvisor Member

I booked this hotel as a treat for our 10th wedding anniversary because it was going to be quiet, relaxing and a calm oasis from our chaotic lives at home. I got exactly what I expected and much, much more.

The trip out to Fujairah from Dubai is fascinating, it takes about 90 minites but the cars are lovely, comfortable and great air con. The drivers are happy to chat to you about what you are seeing or just leave you to snooze if you need to. There are 2 roads in and out of Dubai to Fujairah the old and the new which they seem very proud of. I would get your driver to take you on both as they are quite interesting and different experiences - quite insightful! We tipped 10 dirham to the driver which was very good value for the history and geography lesson he gave enroute.

This is a beautiful hotel, just the right amount of 'posh' without being stuffy. I didn't feel the hotel was too business like as some have felt, I liked the comfortable yet orderly layout.

The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable, great water pressure in the shower. Fresh roses, canapes, free newspapers and a daily list of what was happening in the hotel - offers at bars, in the spa etc and what the theme was that day in the 'Views'. The housekeeping staff are lovely, ours was called Prakash and he couldn't do enough for us and the room was always immaculate.

The food was fantastic - We had booked All Inclusive, there are several packages for this, BLUE bands are for food and selected drinks (we found the drink selection to be more than adequate). We were allowed to eat and drink in the Views and drink in the baywatch bar and pool bar but, we also had an allowance for the others. This was 60 dirhams at lunch and 70 dirhams for dinner and drinks were still included free.

We found this extremely confusing at first as we weren't initially given any details about EXACTLY what our package entitled us to, or so we thought - it turned out there was a list in a welcome pack we got but everything was in German so not much use. Luckily the staff were great and soon put us straight although we did check each time we ate of drank somewhere different that our blue band covered it.

We ate in the the Views restraunt mainly, the food was fantastic, the shrimp are huge and I particularly liked the kiwi mousse - there is something for everyone even picky kids seemed to love it. We missed the buffet lunch one day in Views but were told that we were entitled to eat from the A La Carte on our package so I had a great refreshing prawn dish and my husband had the steak sandwich and thse were well within our allowance.

We tried the Baywatch restraunt one day before going on a Desert Safari , the food is similar to the A La Carte menu during the day, the pizza are great, and hubby had the biggest steak sandwich ever and this with water came to well under our allowance.

One the last night it was our anniversary and as luck would have it on a monday the manager has a cocktail party in Astros on the 20th floor from 7-8pm (you can have free drinks here too on a blue band between 2pm and 4pm) one of the managers Ramon booked us a table at Taste(thai) especially, it was fantastic we nipped back to our room to change and the hotel management had sent up a gorgous chocolate cake, wine, fruit basket, sweets, and canapes - lovely surprise, very much appreciated. The Thai food is stunning as was all the food we ate in that 7 days, the service is excellent yet freindly and Mr Ramon sent us some bubbly during our meal.

The landscaping is lovely with acacia trees, palms, ornamental grasses adding colour and texture in sweeping swathes and beautifully manicured lawns. They fumegate the grounds early in the morning so no biting insects that we found.

The pool is great, very safe, we counted 5 life gaurds on duty at any one time at the pool area and 3 or 4 at the beach as well. The pool water is tested what seemed to be several times a day and there are different depths to suit everyone, even enough room to swim some lengths if you are inclined. I was particulary grateful for the cold face clothes soaked in rose water they bring round during the day as it gets very hot and the humidity at this time of year is also very high.

The beach is great, the tar problem is not so big and the tankers offshore have been stopped from flushing their tanks until they are 25 km out and this is soon to be changed to 40 km - would be good if they stopped altogether, not at all good for the varied sealife dolphins included.

It is true there is little to do but relax here but that suited us. We loved sitting outside at the Baywatch Bar in the evening(open until midnight) sipping cocktails (not covered by the blue band), listening to the arabic singer withthe smell of the shisha drifting on the breeze. I particularly liked the smell of the double apple, cherry and honey shisha - didn't give it a go myself though, left that to the men. The staff at this bar are wonderful, Jing makes great cocktails and Hermie is so funny.

There are a few shops and at this time of year bargains to be had - the staff are not pushy-actually quite amusing and the shops are open until 10pm. There is a new shop adjacent to the Tatse restraunt with another opening shortly by the look of it. The gifts are what you'd expect but reasonably priced and a fair selection.

They are building the new Rotana hotel right next door - any closer and it would actually be on the same plot but it is so quiet, all the building is done off site on a pre-fab basis and just craned into place, no noise, no dust, nothing. On the other side of the Al Aqah are 2 more plots which are going to contain hotels too, it appears they have made a start on the plot furthest away but again no noise at all and you cannot actually see any of the work really from the rooms due to the angle of the hotel.

The Al Hajar mountains lend a stunning backdrop to this whole emirate really and several others - they are huge and spectacular.

If you have never been to the U.A.E at this time of year (Fujairah is hotter than Dubai) then what ever your idea of hot is triple it - it was like spending a week in a blast furness but humid, very humid. I've been to some very HOT countries but the humidity was more than I've ever encountered anywhere else.

We will definately be returning to this hotel as part of a multi centre holiday, I want to do the Al Maha and a night in the Burj and maybe the Maldives.

If anyone wants clarification of the All Inclusive package please feel free to email me. Oh and don't forget to check out the Dubai forum - loads of advise and useful info.

Andi xx

Great place for a short break by linkeo

We wanted a relaxing break at half term for us and our daughter 14 and son 7.

It was superb, I'd done my homework, so I knew the hotel was isolated but they have so many facilities we didn't notice. Mind you nothing prepared me for the Dubai rush hour traffic...............

Staff were very good with the kids, my son had a nose bleed day one caused by the plane journey and the heat 39C and we had lifeguards and nurses helping within a couple of minutes.

Nothing was too much trouble and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Note we arrived Monday morning its apparent that this time of year its a weekend hotel, it was very quiet until 3.00pm Friday, mostly nice families and older couples.

We had breakfast included and the restaurant has a buffet each evening lots of variety Arab food and a theme each evening, the quality was very good but the drinks service can be a bit slow.

There are also smart sophisticated restaurants, but with kids who just want to pose about and wander about the buffet serves both!

They have Internet facilities so our teenager had her MSN fix and enough salon facilities to make a tired working Mum feel human.

If you want the smart Dubai City this is not for you but for a family of four (14 counts as an adult!) this was less expensive than self-catering in Europe for 7 nights.

Children are not allowed in the roof top bar so we had a nice quite happy hour before dinner and there is a fundamental question at what are "trousers" and not shorts but overall we had a superb holiday that really was value for money.

Great Hotel & Location by mullarkey

I stayed for 9 nights with my partner. We had a private transfer that took 1 hour 30mins. The room was a superior room and was ready when we arrived at 930am which was great. The room was large and done to a good/high standard. The hotel facilities were great and most people were couples and groups of mature adults from Germany - England with arabs arriving here and there.

The only negatives were the distance from Dubai when not travelling in the car - nothing was happening outside Hotel or in really and i found the all inclusive not quite all inclusive.

All your food and drinks were free in one restraunt yet your allowance in the others didn't cover the cost of a main meal and you also had to pay for drinks. You could only eat from one restraunt during the day and that was indoors. The bar upstairs you had to pay for your drinks and so it left you limited and with great expense to eat / drink else where although we had paid for all in.

As a relaxing chilled out break it was a fantastic Hotel with great food and friendly staff with very good service, it was also nice and quiet.

A place to go for a few nights / week rather than the full duration.

1 2 »

Stayed at Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel? Share your insight.

Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel also called

• al aqah beach resort
  • fujairah le meridien
  • le meridien al aqah
  • le meridien al aqah beach resort
  • le meridien fujairah
  • Address: Dibba Road PO Box 3070, Fujairah 3070, United Arab Emirates

Map for Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel

Do you own Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort Hotel?