Letoonia Club & Hotel

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Letoonia Club & Hotel

1 2 36 »
Fantastic

"Just got back from our second trip to this resort (first went in 2010)Two Adults and 2 children (13&10) Brilliant time, food was good with plenty to choose from. The moonlight resturant was fantastic with great veiws, Entertainment team work morning till night with games during the day and brilliant shows in the evening. Rooms are a bit tired looking but you only sleep there. Couldn't fault it the last time, and still can't. There is a shuttle boat to Fethiye that runs every hour, or you can get a taxi to take you to Fethiye and then come back to pick you up. We went out on a 12 island boat cruise, fantasic value for money with unlimited drinks and plenty to eat. The staff work hard to keep everywhere clean and tidy and the service is excellent. Would we go again YES now looking to book for next year"

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, booked with Thomson
by Andrea P

Best Holiday!

"Really great holiday!

I went with my Dad and my little sister aged 11. Really good for all ages. Many resaurants and bars, entertainment all day. Us three normally just chilled out by the beach as they have a massive private beach! We also went on a boat trip and canoeing with thompson which wasn't overally expensive. Loved the canoeing, definatley worth the money and the boat trip was sensational(really caught the sun, so beware FACTOR 50 NEEDED). I went on a bananna boat and flying fish which were very good but the water sports are a bit overpriced as when I went on the bananna boat it cost about 20 lira which is about 8 pounds but at the resort for the flying fish it cost about 50 lira. Overall had a memorable holiday, made some really good friends with other families there only thing I would say is the rooms are very out dated but it wasn't a big deal as we were hardley in them!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
by kira mackins

Yes I would go back

"Just returned from a week at Letoonia with my husband and three teenage daughters. We have stayed at 5 star all inclusive resorts in Egypt and used them as a basis for comparison. Letoonia certainly has the edge in terms of scenery. The resort is really beautiful as is this part of Turkey generally.

The resort layout, beaches and scenery are really fabulous and the staff work extremely hard to keep everything clean and tidy. The sea is beautiful with lots of fish and other sea life to see and enjoy and because there are several beaches, it never felt crowded or touristy.

Generally the staff are unobtrusive and although the entertainment team try to get you to join in with activities,they are not pushy at all which we have found in Egypt. All of the staff we met were polite and said good morning or good evening as we passed them and as it was a quieter time of year, some spent time chatting to us or joined us at mealtimes.

We stayed in the main hotel and the rooms were adequate. It was disappointing that the double bed was actually two singles so there was a dip in the middle. Also the light in the bathroom is very dim. Balanced against these criticisms, the beds are comfortable and the shower is powerful and always hot. The rooms are certainly not 5 star standard and we have stayed in better in Egypt. There were only two restaurants open out of the four advertised and I would have liked to know this when I booked but they all serve the same food anyway so it's only the setting that changes. The food was fine and plentiful but there's very little change from evening to evening so by the end of the week we were really bored with it. There's plenty of salad but hardly any hot vegetarian food and what there is is all quite bland and watery. There was nothing spicy at all. The drinks are OK but very watery and the whilst it's nice to have cocktails included, they were not great.

The entertainment programme in the evening is excellent. The dancers are extremely talented and work very hard and it took us a bit by surprise having met them during the day arranging sporting activities. They are a real highlight and credit to Letoonia.

To sum up, the place is beautiful - a nature and plant lover's paradise, the entertainment is excellent and the rest is adequate. If you use Letoonia as a base for exploring this beautiful part of Turkey, it's a really lovely holiday destination but I wouldn't want to just stay in Letoonia for more than a few days.

The boat to Fethiye is inexpensive and worth taking as there is lots to see and do in Fethiye and Calis. We also hired a car one day and went to the ghost village of Kayakoy which was amazing.

Our stay was spoiled somewhat by a large group of offensive Irish guests who were rude and destructive but we did feel that the management were watching them and felt there was little more they could do than keep warning or admonishing them when they misbehaved.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Take a walk right round the headland. It's beautiful and you'll quickly get your bearings and find out the best spots for swimming, sunbathing etc.
by Debra65

If Carlsberg did Holidays .........!

"When they say 'all inclusive' for once it actually is! All we spent money on was a paper each day and a trip to Fethiye on the Hotel's private water taxi (10TL return ~£2 each way for 10 min boat ride). No annoying wrist band to wear either because if you are in the resort everyone is all-inclusive. No daft restrictions on when you can have something free or not, plenty of choice of food and branded drinks (Tuborg beer and Nescafe Coffee) and they even wheel out tea / coffee and cakes (some look sweet but are savoury) at 4pm each day. There are always bottles of water in your room's fridge and on the restaurant tables - not to mention electric water-coolers (like in your office) all around the resort promenade and beaches. All activities, other than motorised watersport, are free including canoeing, sailing boats, pedaloes, windsurfing, tennis, badminton, sea-fishing, table-tennis and loads more. No quibbling, no catches just unbelievable value!

Entertainment in the evening is in an outdoor ampitheatre (tip go up stairs at side and enter at top) each evening at 9:30pm. It's a bit like 'Britain's Got Talent' in that some performances are outstandingly good and others are cringeworthy but it is the same team performing all different genres each night, after they have entertained the kids all day, so credit where credit due. The comedy performances are hilarious but some of the dance routines exceed some of the performers' skills and the sound is somewhat disjointed. The most annoying person is the director of entertainment 'Zenger Zenger' who is never short of self-congratulation.

No shortage of sun-beds, hammocks, bean bags and chairs around the entire peninsular and pool areas for sunbathing. Tokens (one per person free on arrival) are exchanged for towels each day at collection points near each pool which you then swap back for your token at the end of each day.

Majority of guests over Easter were British with a smattering of Russian, Turkish, German and Dutch. Language no problem with English prevalent.

The rooms are either in the main Hotel or in blocks of bungalows across the peninsular. There are flat paths meandering around the resort but often the shortest route is via sets of steps. However, the complex now has three lifts / travelators which go up/down the hillsides connecting the main paths. If I was disappointed with anything it would be the bungalow room because it was fairly small (2 adult, 1 child), no balcony and although clean and well-maintained was rustic (a bit tired) in appearance (more 3* than 5*). Maid service was daily and excellent.

I could go on and on with superlatives about this complex but the best thing would be to try it for yourself.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: The Marina (Hotel) restaurant is much quieter than the main Lycia restaurant
by Tottington Posse

the best holiday ever

"Just got back from a two week stay at Letoonia, cannot complain about anything!!! Food was fab resort was AMAZIN! The animation team were fantastic and made the holiday will defo go back next year!"

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by karra123

Absolutely Brilliant!

"My partner and I stayed for a week to celebrate my 40th birthday and couldn't have hoped for a better resort, or better weather - it hit 32 degrees by 10 am one day. It was exactly as described in the brochure, including the steps, and the pictures were 100 per cent accurate, unlike some other resorts I have stayed at. The bungalow we were allocated was 36 steps up (and yes I counted!), and although it didn't have a balcony that wasn't a problem as we only went back to shower before our evening meal and the entertainment - which was always varied and very well performed. The rooms were cleaned and bed linen / towels changed on a daily basis. The A/C worked brilliantly, the rooms were spacious and we found the beds very comfortable. It was nice that the hotel provided slippers and towelling robes as it was yet another thing we didn't have to pack!! The fridge was restocked with bottled water daily and a ring binder in the room provided all the information you may need for your stay, including all the restaurant details etc and 2 postcards. The staff were always friendly and their English is brilliant. The food was plentiful and varied, with loads of healthy options available too. The "local" spirits have the same effect as the branded ones, so there is no need to pay for the well known ones. You really don't need to take spending money unless you want treatments in the Spa on site or to buy anything in the selection of shops in the resort. The boat to Fethiye was worth the 10 Lira return each, although it may be hit and miss catching it during peak season. There were a few children there during our stay but to be honest you can always find somewhere to avoid them!! The Russians arrived as we were nearing the end of our stay but weren't too much of a problem. I found it hard to understand why there were so many Bitish Pensioners complaining about their room allocation because of the number of steps, especially as it is well publicised in every brochure I've seen the resort in and on the internet! We loved it so much we are already planning to go back next year, and are going to take my son with us."

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Fethiye is a lovely little town, still quite "Turkish" and not too touristy
by funat40

Beautiful Resort

"Great choice of holiday.

The resort is stunning and breathtaking. You do not need to leave the resort as the beach is lovely and clean the pools are loud but good fun. Great food and friendly staff.

The entertainment team are very friendly, watch out young attractive girls as they are very friendly with them :-)

The entertainment is top notch as the team has some great dancers, they are a bit overworked but still very upbeat and friendly.

The rooms are quite shabby but the resort more than makes up for that.

Mixture of nationalities makes for a diverse and relaxing holiday.

I travel quite a bit and am very hard to please but would definately go back here.

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by Zoe Cooper

Bloody Fantastic

"An amazing resort even at 3am when we arrived!!!! after a 3 hour delay at Birmingham airport we arrived in resort at 3am, What can i say !!!.... I had read reports about the number of stairs to the bunglows so emailed the hotel myself and requested a lower level room they couldnt of been more helpful they emailed back and said they would do there best to sort it out and they did we had a fantastic room right next to the pool with sea views!!! this resort is amazing!!! the food was the best i have ever had and this was our 4th year in Turkey. There is so much to do you will never be board and the staff are always cleaning the place is spotless, the Moon Light restaurant is amazing but be warned if you dont want to cue get there before 8pm or you will have to wait!! when you arrive the reosrt looks huge but after a day or so you get your barings and its fine. The not so good points (but this is my personel opinion)to many kids ahahaha sorry but this was our first year without kids and to be honest the british kids were a nightmare so naughty and the parents dont seem to give a [--] as long as they are not annoying them, Rude russians they seem to think they dont need to que so DONT it was hard for us at first as i have Always been taught manners but you need to let them go out the window in order to get the food you want. The HEAT well what can i say we arrived back yesterday and the avarage temprature has been 47 degrees usually this does not bother me as i love the heat but the air was so humid so take plenty high factor!!! we tried to keep our room on as we were not getting picked up until 6.45pm and they said there was no rooms available we managed to us the room of some people we had met (thanx so much) but with no where to go and wait with air con that was a waste of time but hey ho!!! ALL IN ALL A FAB PLACE WOULD DEFFO GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL 4* THANX EVERYONE WHO MADE OUR HOLIDAY FAB!!!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Fethiye is not the best as a shopping town rather expensive now but the hotel was fab!!!
  • Activities: Moonlight
by lizzie10

What an amazing and beautiful place.

"This place is absolutley amazing and i cant fault it.

The staff never stop cleaning, the food is in abundance and the drink always flowing.

My bungalow was clean and well kept with aircon and a safe which did not require a cash deposit to use.

The resort itself is wonderful, there are so many different places to spend your time day and night and the view and greenery nevery gets old....you just end up staring at the beauty all of the time.

I would highly recomend this place, so what that there are a few steps, it helps work off those extra pounds!

You can get to Fethiye by either taxi (50 Lira return) or use the resorts shuttle boat at 10 lira return each. Fethuye is a nice little town with many restaurants, shops and bazaars. You must go the fish market where you can choose your fresh fish and have it cooked by any restaurant you choose!

The spa at the resort is first class and i had an all over body massage for €25.00.

Dont bother changing up too much of your money into Lira, they accept the Euro and Pound and prefer these currencies.

I honestly do not have one bad thing to say about this resort and cant wait to re-visit!

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by shelleysheep

BRILL !!!

"2nd visit and cant understand negative reviews about this resort. still as glorious as first time ! weather up to 30c even in october, views stunning, too much food to choose from, friendly staff. maybe not so good in mid season but can recommend october as great time to chill in this delightful resort, plenty of room and no queues in restuarants and bars. plenty of sunbeds on beach and around pools. will be goinf back for 3rd time some time soon."

by WWILLIAMS

A lovely place top visit

"This was our first visit to Turkey and we were very impressed with the location. The peninsular is beautiful and the hotel capitalises on this. The staff were very good and nothing was too much trouble. The variety of food and presentation was excellent. Yes, there were a lot of steps but this was part of the charm...and we needed the exercise to justify all the eating! The entertainment was good and the weather was perfect for us in October. There were a distinct lack of rules apart from H & S which was refreshing.

I have some advice for future visitors: 1) don't bother to bring beach towels - beautiful quality beach towels are provided daily on demand. 2) If you have mobility problems book the hotel not the bungalows 3) If you like a cup of tea in the morning bring your own kettle.

by myederts2

Letoonia is a beautiful place and i...

"Letoonia is a beautiful place and i would go back there in the future, me and my fiance went there to get married. quite a few of us went, me, my husband, my 1 yr old son, my mum, her husband, my dad, his wife, my nan etc... lol Our room was beautiful, nice sized room, bedsheets & towels changed everyday, room cleaned everyday, the place was very clean & beautiful. There was plenty of choices with the food, i lived in the soups for my 2 week stay, it was gorgeous especially the cauliflower soup, it was lovely. The bar staff and people who worked there were very polite and nice to talk to. The shop was quite expensive but that didnt bother us as we didnt need to buy much, just lollys for our son and crisps etc..The weather was beautiful for the whole 2 weeks we were there, it was really hot, we kept our son plastered in cream so he was great he didnt burn. sun was sometimes too hot to sit in, lovely weather though.The apartments are situated quite high, not suitable for the elderly and babys with prams, my husband at to carry my son sleepin in his pram everynight up like 80 steps, we didnt mind it but if we go back we'd either state to be in a low bunglow or the hotel which is on ground floor. we arrived on 28th august and got married in the blue lagoon on the 4th sepember thats roughly 30 mins from letoonia in a car. we had a wonderful wedding day and some stunning photos and later in the night had a champayne beach party.

my 1 yr old son loved it and my 2 cousins 5 yr old n 8 yr old loved it in the play house on dolphin beach.i would tell anyone to go to this hotel for a brilliant time. lots to do also a relaxing holiday. me, my husband and my son will go back there in the future! without a doubt, we love letoonia x

by A Ford

1 2 36 »

Map for Letoonia Club & Hotel Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 18.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Letoonia Club & Hotel
  • by Andrea Pettifer

" The Latoonia 12 island boat cruise not to be missed "