Majestic

Food: 6/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Majestic

1 2 39 »
DONT GO HALF BOARD FOOD TERRIBLE

"Lovely staff, lovely clean pool ,rooms small some with tiny balcony's facing brick walls, maids lovely kept rooms cleaned daily fresh towels, food terrible, even some staff said they would not eat from the half board menu.

love Turkish breakfast, but breakfast here passable some mornings chips, Evening meals awful, no fresh meats, no fish, chips chips chips, lettuce, salad covered in vinaigrette soured cream. soggy vegetables covered in soured cream, one night we had chicken wings, spent most of our meal trying to pick of meat! same meals every night, not fresh, Hotel had two chefs, one was below average, the other awful, Booked for 7 nights half board, ate out 6 nights, had some fantastic meals out, try the secret garden or orange tree, good value, excellent home cooked fresh food.If you go self catering there seems to be another menu which you pay for, lots more choice and some foods nice, But the half board meals were revolting, apart from the food let down, this hotel was pleasant, good location 10 minutes walk to beach 25 min walk to lagoon.

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, booked with travel republic
  • Advice: do not go half board, eat out. ask for a room facing pool.
by kapetnanny

Loved it!

"I stayed here in June 2011 with 3 other girls, fair to say it was one of the best holidays I've been on! would definitely recommend to anyone whether they are a family, a young group like we were or an older couple looking for somewhere relaxing. Probably not recommended for a huge group of teenagers because there is a relaxing feel to the hotel but it is close to enough nightlife to keep you busy.

Love all the staff there especially Fatima! Everyone is freindly and will always help you if you have any problems. The air con was great, and the room was cleaned regularily.

Olu Deniz itself is beautiful and would recommend going on the scuba diving trip to lykiaworld, such a good day out and definitely worth the money.

by Soph

Bar staff made the holiday

"Have just returned from 11 days at the Majestic with husband and two teenagers 17 & 14. The hotel is on the small side however this is part of its charm, it is without doubt the friendliest hotel we have stayed in.The rooms are on the small side but are very clean. Each evening our towels were made into swans and beautifully decorated with petals and flowers. Air conditioning, safes and a mini fridge are extra.

The Majestic works on a cashless system and we and other holiday makers we spoke to were all told, if we paid by credit card at the end they had to add 10%. We just checked our bill every few days and settled in cash.

There was a problem with the pool but it was being rectified as we left. Our son did have an ear infection, however, he and the other teenagers also affected were spending the whole day in the pool.

The Majestic is in a great position, a 10 minute stroll to the main strip and beach.

The bar staff, Fatma, Mehmet, Murat, Jerry and Adam work tirelessly to ensure you have a great holiday. On no occasion were they rude or behaved inappropriately. They all work up to 18 hours a day with little in the way of recompense. I cannot praise them enough, without them we would not have had such a great holiday.

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Breakfast Included, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: Book a speedboat trip
by Jan G

Gr8 Holiday

"My husband was very worried about the fact I had booked a 2 2star accommodation as we always book 5star. Was dreading the bad comments, were going to be true, but good comments out weighed the bad, so I booked it.

We arrived at 3.30am and was greeted by Fatma who was very friendly and gave us the information regarding breakfast and evening meal as we were half board. The security guard took our bags and saw us to our room, which was in the green building.

We were very tired but this did not stop us having a look around the accommodation. We were impressed, it was very clean and bright with a small balcony. My husband was impressed to say the least. ( I was so glad about that!)

The breakfast and evening meals were lovely, I am a fussy eater but found something I liked every day. I especially liked cake time! at 4pm worth the 6lira.

The staff were all very friendly and felt like part of the family. They work long hours and still aim to please.

A comment I read about cold showers, if only they had spoke to a member of staff like we did, they would have found out that there is always hot water, you only have to run it longer than you would at home, because it comes from solar panels. Never just moan about things, talk to the staff who definitely aim to please. we believe if you do it with a friendly manner, then you will get satisfaction back.

Olu Deniz is a lovely place to visit, the Blue Lagoon is the place to swim, as we found the waves at the beach were a little fierce if you weren't a strong swimmer,but a great place for sun worshippers. There is a place called Billy's beach which is to the right of the Blue Lagoon, which you don't have to pay to enter, this has a BBQ on a Wednesday. You can phone them from reception and they will collect and return you. I would also like to recommend the Talk Of The Town show, you laughed from start to end. The Jeep safari and boat trips are good value and fun.

All of the trips on offer are a lot cheaper if you book from the tour guides, not the hotel reps. They are along the strip, all over Olu Deniz . They are very friendly and are open to battering as there is a lot of competition.

We wanted a holiday that was not too crowded and near to the beach, the Majestic was ideal. We would like to say that we were in good company with all of the other holiday makers, as this is a smaller hotel and have become good friends keeping in touch when we got home. You can not do this if a place is too large or crowded.

We definitely will visit again booking direct this time. See you Fatma, Oznur and Adam soon, well done.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, half board, booked with Thomas Cook
by Angel

majestic hotel

"Ive stayed at the majestic hotel 4 times my last time will be my last that was 2 years ago when me and my friends were going out for a night out the staff were giving us dirty looks cos we would dress the way us english girls dress not all wrapped up then one of the staff poked my ***** and asked are they real or false i think SHE found out they were real and then gave me a dirty look cos i was showing cleavage.

my friend was expected to sit around the reception area cos she was friends with one of the staff there and they thought it was wrong for her to have a night out with the girls also to top it all off this girl done nothing but shout abuse at her child then i heard her smaking the child from her room next door to me i reported this of course they just laughed so nothing was done.

like i said it was my 4th time there and my very last time even if they offered me to go free id tell them no way.

my friend went for cups of tea and the tea was weak as pee she even said along with my other friends there they would never go back too.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Breakfast Included, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: keep away go to another hotel
by chez99

Conned

"We stayed at the Majestic for 2 weeks in Sept 10. We were pleased with our room and most of the staff. The thing that spoiled it for us was the air conditioning. We had to pay £4 a day for that which added up to £56 which I do not think is a small additional charge. To add insult to this, it did not work properly. We had to open and close a window to get it to switch on and sometimes it would just cut out while we were sitting in our room. When we mentioned this, a very rude member of staff told us that if we did not like it to go and find a different hotel. We were only B/B but found the food good and the place was kept nice and clean."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with Goldtrail
  • Advice: ok if you dont want air conditioning
by bob/shirl

perfect trip

"Me and my boyfriend stayed for 2 weeks at this hotel on an adventurous holiday with friends who stayed at a hotel rund the corner. We arrived early in the morning and the staff were very welcoming, they carried my bag and didn't wait around for a tip, they left us alone straight away. The bar staff, Fatma and Mumet, were really good fun, we spoke to them every day and they even had cocktails with us in the early hours of the morning!

The pool area is very clean and maybe a little small but they are doubling it for next year. There is room to sunbathe and an eating area next to the bar in the shade. The room was big and had a fully functonal shower and toilet which were very nice. The maids were fantastic, changing towels and bed sheets every day and putting flowers and swans on our beds which was nice.

We loved our time at the Majestic Hotel and will definitely book at this hotel, even the same room, when we go to Olu Deniz again. Ignore the bad comments, this hotel deserves much more reception than it gets. The staff are amazing and the actual hotel itself is fantastic, especially the cocktails!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with Book This Trip.com
  • Advice: Our first time in Turkey will be very memorable for all the right reasons
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by Jess

Tesekkur Ederim Majestic Hotel Staff - Fabulous Holiday cant wait to come back

"I got home from my 2 week holiday at 8 am this morning and Im quite angry at these unjustified bad comments. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, I was staying at the hotel at the same time as some of these people who have written these bad reviews, and from what they have written its easy to tell who they are! (read the reference to my Ipod later!!!!)

I travelled with my partner, 2 friends and their son and we had a fantastic time. Our age range was 7 to 39, a couple, a family or a group, depending on how you look at it, and this hotel offered something for all of us.

First to basics. This is a 3 star hotel. If you want 5 star luxury in a quiet adults only hotel then pay for it! If your too tightfisted to pay for it and expect 5 star luxury from a 3 star hotel then thats your own fault! I have stayed in many hotels around the world from 2 to 5 star and this is a perfectly rated 3 star hotel. In the travel brochures it states air con and safety deposit boxes are extras, completely normal for a 3 star hotel, so why complain when you knew that you'd have to pay for that before you went???? The reason you are charged, is because your travel company pays about £7 anight for a room! If you book direct through the hotel, air con etc is free.

Hotel facilities - pool fab with loads of inflatables for the kids and adults and I believe it may be being extended for next year;plenty of sun loungers in both the sun and shade; pool and table tennis table; bar with shaded seating; a good sized restaurant, again I think this is being extended; a playground for the children which the 7 year old in our party was perfectly happy with, its so hot mostly children spend time in the pool. Staff cleaned pool area daily and throughout the day, restaurant cleaned after sittings, grounds tended to daily.

Rooms - yes they're basic, its 3 star. But they were cleaned every day properly and the bed linen and towels changed daily and spotless. I only voted it a 4 because being a Brit Id love a cup of tea on my balcony before getting dressed, but next year will take a travel kettleso problem solved. We recommended it to a fellow Welshie we met in a shop who was at the end of a 2 week holiday, in a higher graded hotel and her linen and towels hadnt been changed once, or her room cleaned. I saw her being shown round the Majestic the next day for her 2011 holiday and I believe she booked!

Food - ok the breakfast isn't to everyones taste, its traditional Turkish, bread, cheese, cold meat, eggs, bread etc and if you go half board in most hotels around the world you would get something similar with just the regional variations on cheese and meats. I loved the breakfast ,the rest of my party didn't but enjoyed the made to order pancakes and omlettes free of charge instead. We went to the bbq both Sundays of our stay and the food was of fantastic quality,plenty of it and great value. Between us we had 8 of the main meal choices and they were all great. We also ate off the a la carte menu and all the meals we had again were great value,fresh and delicious. the meals we had here were cheaper than most of the places in town, larger portions and better tasting. The lunches were also generously sized, cooked freshly and a decent price. There is a comment on here stating that all meals are cooked outside, I know the lunches are cooked at the poolside but not aware where the evening meals are cooked, but the person who posted that comment cant have eaten anywhere else but the hotel (so it cant have been that bad), or they'd have realised that most places that serve food in Olu Deniz have outside cooking areas, so its pretty commonplace! In terms of the beer its 1 lira more than the bars (about 38p) but thats certainly about average for a hotel, and when you are waited on, chairs put out for you and your made comfortable and welcome its worth it.

Location - 5 mins walk to the top of the main strip; bus stop outside the hotel for nearby Hisorinu and Fethiye; far enough away from the noisy bars on the main strip;10 mins walk to the beach. What more could you want!

There are complaints on here about the noise. The music at the bar is turned down at 12, which is not an unreasonable time when on holidays, if you have children with you, your rooms will be the furthest away from the bar. I voted the sleep quality a 4 because we opted not to have air con so when the sun came up it was warm, but that was our choice not the hotels. The beds were extremely comfortable although I would have liked 2 pillows, but to be fair I didnt ask for an extra one, but from the service I encountered, Im sure if I had I would have had one!

Now to the staff!!!!!!! What can I say, I dont know where to start. A complete credit to the hotel. We got to know Fatima, Morat and Memet best during our stay and they truly made our holiday. All of them were brilliant with all the children at the hotel, and courteous, friendly and wanted to make our stay a happy one. We met Fatima and Memet when we checked in at 2.30 in the morning after a very long day thanks to Thomas Cook's "service". They took our bags to the rooms and informed us the bar was still open if we wanted a drink. We went straight back down and chairs were pulled up for us to join them and a couple of other guests (no, the music wasnt on at that time of night). It was my friends birthday while we were there and I asked if we could reserve a table for dinner and wether I could decorate it with balloons and a banner Id bought with me. Straight away they offered to decorate the whole bar and when we came down in the evening they had set us a table by the pool and decorated it, organised a delicious cake and bought huge party poppers. As I said I have stayed in many hotels around the world of different gradings and have never experienced such a service. While sitting in the hotel in the evening if our glasses were empty, they'd ask if we wanted another and bought it to the table; if you returned from a meal out and there weren't any tables or seats free, they set up another table with table cloths, etc straight away. Memet and Morat were always courteous, polite and spoke to myself and my female friend appropriately, shaking our hand in greeting. I can also say they were friendly in an appropriate manner to all the other females there during the 2 weeks of our stay. They even spoke more Welsh than me, especially Fatima! I have read a comment on here about tipping. From my experience when offered tips, they were refused unless we pushed, and certainly none of the staff hovered around waiting for one.

So to summarise, If you want a fun, great value holiday if you are a couple (who dont mind children) or a family, book the Majestic directly. If you are a person looking for 5 star luxury in an adults only, quiet hotel, then book one that says that in the brochure! If you are too tightfisted to pay for that then dont spend the holiday complaining, (my one problem with my holiday I blew one of the headphones on my Ipod trying to drown out the whingers who were wanting a 5 star hotel while I was trying to relax by the pool one day!!!). The Majestic is a decent hotel at a very decent price with amazing staff.

So thank you to all the staff from the cleaners and caretaker, to the bar staff, chef and management for a fantastic holiday, and we will see you again and will be bringing more with us! We'll be at the bbq and bingo (hoping to win a free stay) both weeks we are there! Will be eating at lunch and in the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel, but willnever be travelling with Thomas Cook again! Lynsey x

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: if you dont like the heat avoid August!
by loopylyns

magic majestic!

"We have just returned from a week's holiday in Olu Deniz. We stayed at the Majestic Hotel. We had a great time. The staff were very friendly, polite and we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were basic but clean. Maid came in every day to clean & make the beds. Fresh towels every day. Bar staff were excellent fun (especially Murat, Fatma & Mehmet). 10 minute walk to beach & shops."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Great location, great people.
by The Carters

re name maj isick

"went here in may room was dirty sheets got blood on 1 we moved to anouther 1 that was clean staff helpfull and freanlydont try the tea and coffie made me have a bad tummy all week but pool was nice food was plenty full but dont go full board not going back there again olu deiniz is grate we have been 5 tines there but self catering good resturants"

• Holiday details: May 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go to blue laggon beach fantastic
by mandy

loved and we'll see you all again in june !!!

"We stayed at the majestic sept of 2009, there was a party of 9 of us. We really enjoyed our stay, and reading some reviews on here really surprises me !

Everyone is entitled to there opionion, but i have to dissagre as our experiance was fantastic. We found the staff to be welcoming and fun to be around. They absolutly adored my little boy who was 3 and a half at the time and would often play with him with his toy cars. I felt completly safe with them all.

Our rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towls and bedding, and often welcomed with a flower arrangment on our bed.Yes the rooms are quite small but i dont go on holiday to sit in my room!

I do agree with high charges for the aircon etc however i asked to pay for only the 1st week with air con and they didnt switch it off on the second week and did'nt charge me when i left, probably forgot but hey i'm not complaining, i'll try if it works again when i go back in june.lol. The food is ok, but not worth staying in for on the evening meal, and i do think the pool snack bar is a little over priced. Breakfast is ok but not much choice and the coffee is horrible, so i'll be taking some cereal and coffee with me next month.

I found it to be a good location as you not right next to bars etc so we did'nt get noise of the evening, but its only a 2min walk to the main strip where you find resturans and bars, and about 10 min walk to the beach, the buss stops right outside the hotel if you wish to go the beach and back, or a trip to the top of the mountain to another resort where we found it a bit cheaper to eat and drink.

Overall a nice family place to stay.

Hope this helps if you are tring to decide if the majestic is right for you or not.

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
by Hailsangels

Very Basic, Very Loud!!

"We stayed in the Majestic for just over 2 weeks.......the staff were helpful, the room was clean but extremely basic, you really get what you pay for. In those 2 weeks we must have had hot water about 5 times, so be prepared for loads of cold showers. The noise levels (day and night) in the hotel for the first week and a half were ridiculous. Whether it was music from the bar or staff shouting while you're trying to relax around the pool or noise from the surrounding hotels....it was unbearable. The walls in the rooms are also paper thin, so be prepared to hear every murmur from the room next door. The hotel also charges extortionate amounts for aircon and safety deposit boxes. We tried to spend as little time at the hotel as possible for the 2 weeks."

by LondonSA

1 2 39 »

Map for Majestic Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 21.5 miles

Majestic photos (2 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Majestic

• by a fellow traveller

" Jump from the mountain top !! Canoe the Lagoon !! Motorbike in the mountains !! Its all great fun. "

• by a fellow traveller

" Great place for a holiday whether a couple or a family. Not too big, not too small. "