Sunset Harbour Club Apartments

Good

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sunset Harbour Club Apartments

1 2 3 4 »
My home away from home - AMAZING!

"I love Sunset Harbour. I have been going with my family for the first two weeks of August since I was around 5 years old and I am now 21. Seriously! It just keeps getting better. We have so many great memories at Sunset Harbour and have made many great friends at the complex whom we meet there every time we go.

We are on timeshare and these apartments are the best and most comfortable as they're private. Holidays booked with Thomson etc are usually less equipped seeing as they're not private and have less money going into them. I'd recommend Getting a room in E block - we choose it every time. Especially a room overlooking the pool - it'd be much quieter than overlooking the sea! (Bars and restaurants are underneath those.)

The pools are HUGE and always clean (I have never experienced a dirty pool here, only the odd leaf etc as expected throughout the day.) The top pool is the quietest and the bottom pool (the one at the main entrance) is the noisy, inflatable-allowed pool.

You have to be down from your apartment early to get a sunbed though, these get claimed quickly and are usually all gone by 9:30am.

The staff are brilliant and we know them all very well. They are very welcoming, speak excellent English (the owners are English themselves) and go out of their way to help you with any problems. My mum once found an injured stray cat near the complex and they phoned for a vet and gave it some food.

I have had some bad experiences here but these can be expected everywhere and the staff at the complex do eveything they can to help. I was once in a ground-floor apartment with a friend which was infested with ant in the bathrom. We were moved to P block immediately (also on the ground floor but brilliant!) Cockroaches are also to be expected in Tenerife! Anywhere you go they will be there, it's normal. It's not the resort's fault. You just have to make sure you keep windows closed or almost closed when you go out at night, especially if you have a ground floor apartment. If you have air con in your apartment this won't be a problem but if not, just leave the fan on full blast.

All the timeshare rooms I have stayed in feature a CD player, ceiling fans, dishwasher, microwave, oven, kettle, toaster, fridge-freezer, safe, plenty of storage spacem clean linen/towels and complimentary tea/coffee sachets. They have also fitted air con into many.

Nightlife is GREAT - the complex is literally 1 minute's walk away from two beach fronts. Playa de las Americas is a 20minute walk away along the beach front.

If you choose to go here, maybe choose a private apartment. Any extra money will be well worth it. For quieter apartments, choose ones overlooking the pool. You have a better chance of it being next to silent unless you overlook the resort's 44 Regent Street restaurant (between blocks E and F) but I have never had any issues with noise.

All in all, this is a great apartment complex in a great location. Not too rowdy, not too quiet and with a broad spectrum of types of guest.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: A must-visit for all ages. My favourite Tenerife resort.
by rebrecker

Fantastic staff at this resort

"We have just returned from a two week holiday at Sunset Harbour. We only booked for one week but the volcano in Iceland meant that we had to stay another week. The staff at this resort were fantastic and so helpful, nothing is too much trouble. They were on the internet and telephone trying to get us a flight home and keeping us up to date with the situation. The resort is one of the best I have ever been to and I cannot fault it. It is in a lovely area close to the beach, restaurants, bars and shops. The resort itself has a lovely pool, bar and two restaurants and all the staff are so friendly. They provide first class entertainment for the kids(and adults!). It was a lovely place to be stranded! Also visit Emma and Paul at the Crazy frog for a lovely English breakfast.

Thank you to all at Sunset Harbour and we will be coming back very soon.

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Ideal for all travellers, good location and accomodation
by Gladys

ant's, chav's and noise

"room crawling with ants, tv not working, sheets not changed in 1 week, place full of chav's, pub noise terrible, maids shouting their heads off from 7.45. well you wouldn't get a lie in with the maids screaming in spainish with no regard to the fact it is a holiday resort. there was major hammering, drilling, going on and the bloody pub noise was awful - the room was ok but crawling with ants and that's the tip of the iceberg.defo not for the faint-hearted or those whose like nice places. food was adequate but totally over priced - bit of a rip off really. tea had to be paid for separate to brekkie - working out over 6.00 euro for 1 sausage/bacon/hash/egg. bit steep if on a budget"

by average joe

Noise, Noise and more Noise

"The apartment was next door to the Pub where clun acts would play untill past midnight. The bedroom overlooked the back door to the kitchens and small courtyard where staff would take their smoking break, smoke drifted into the bedroom, so we had to keep the windows closed. The bed was poor (Even after a few drinks!)The kitchen had a fridge, which broke down and flooded the kitchen and the TV/Sky didnt work, which we only discovered after we had put 20 euro's in. There wasnt an iron nor ironing board, these had to be hired at 20 euros for the week. The safe was a further 15 euros a week. There wasnt a toaster, no mici and the kettle didnt work! We brought these complaints to the attention of the receptionist and was told as it was a private hire (Not part of the time-share complex) they were unable to help. The apartment was booked through THOMSON. The pool wasnt too clean and there were a few loose tiles, so watch where you place your feet, and more importantly the cover was missing from the underwater filter! Which again was reported to reception, this was replaced 3 days later.The restraunt there was very very good, well cooked european meals at reasonable prices, but we felt ripped off in the Bar conected to the complex (Its situated at the side of the main gates) 10 earo's for a Brandy and a small local beer, the staff didnt welcome guests other than the obvious regulars. The apartment overlooked the walkway beechside and apart from the iron reinforced gates to the patio it was a nice outlook. Complained to Thomson and have just received a £40 refund. We are aware that the apartment which we booked was the basic type (£450 for the week!!!) There are some very good apartments on this complex so our advice is to hire privately. The best thing about this complex is that is very near to two fantastic beaches. Word of warning.....take good care when you walk through the old market building when accessing the beach, not a good place at night (Dark with no lighting) and not much better during the day - look out for loose floor tiles and missing steps!"

• Holiday details: Feb 2009, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Yes
by Cici

really great place to stay!

"just back from sunset harbour club read some reviews before i went , most were favourable some not so good, but was really impressed with this complex!! the rooms are big and well furnished very clean and staff are lovely , food is fab and the staff so friendly cant do enough for you. they have entertainment most nights and drinks are reasonable priced. the pool area is lovely and the childrens pool is well equiped with toys as well i would recommend you try it you will be delighted!"

by bridget59

spot on location

"We stayed at Sunset Harbour over Christmas and New Year and to be honest I couldn't find any real faults with the place. It's a 15-20 min drive from the airport. Check in was speedy. Our room was excellent, spacious and clean with everything you would need for a self catering holiday. We did request a room change on the second day because our initial offering was over the bar/restaurant at the front of the complex and the noise, although not unbearable, was a bit too much. My request was facilitated with no fuss or drama and I was given a choice of 3 new rooms to choose from. The maids did a great job of keeping the room clean and the towels were changed regularly. Step out of the complex and a great variety of bars and good restaurants are just a minutes walk away. I would recommend The Great Little Italy for tapas, pizza or pasta, Slow Boat in the Port area for great Chinese and Coeur de Filet opposite Fanabe Beach for something a bit fancier."

by stevenalee

Helpful staff at Sunset Harbour

"I stayed at sunset harbour apartments for a week in early Dec 09.

I had a great week and could not fault the apartments, resort and the food at 44 Regent Street was great.

I want to thank staff who helped me when i realised on my retun to England that i had left my handbag.

I contacted Whan and Natcho who went out of thier way to help me and found my bag.

They found the bag and arranged for it to be packed and delivered to my home.

I thought that i would loose it and was delighted to get it back as there was a sentimental piece of jewelry in it.

Thank You Whan and Natcho very much for helping me.

Its this kind of effort that makes for a good reputation and good name for the Sunset harbour resort and complex.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Doreen Jordan

• Holiday details: Dec 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: its lovely and i would go again.
by doreenjordan

Lovely complex, great location.

"My husband and I stayed at the Sunset Harbour in early December. The complex was very clean and attractive. The pools were chilly but inviting in the warm weather, average temp was about 26c. The studio we had was very comfortable. The sofabed was huge and was at least a super-king size. The kitchen had a full size cooker and microwave. A decent sized fridge/freezer and dishwasher. The furnishing were good quality and comfortable. We had a large patio/balcony that had table and chairs together with two sunloungers and washing line. We could see the sea from our balcony and it was a couple of minutes to both the beach and the local supermarket. Everything you needed was available in the local area. We enjoyed our stay at Sunset Harbour and would be happy to recommend it"

by love-the-sun59

Is there better accommodation anywhere else in Tenerife?

"Just had a most enjoyable week at this complex and have to stay it far exceeded our expectations. We have stayed at numerous other places over the years but the facilities here are up with the best."

by BazBeverley

Excellent holiday, highly recommended, pleasure to stay at this hotel!

"Arrived at sunset harbour on 30/10/09 and checked in at reception, staff were helpful and a porter was on hand to show us to our room and take our luggage. First impressions were very good and was exceptionally pleased with the room, was spacious and clean. The kitchen had all modern appliances including dishwasher, microwave and toaster making this an ideal apartment for a self catering holiday. Also had beautiful bathroom and very large bedroom. Pool area was relaxing and kept clean and tidy, perfect sun trap in which to catch a tan!

Within the complex there were a few bars and restaurants, all reasonably priced and staff were very helpful and friendly, never had bad food or service. Hotel is situated right next to all local bars and restaurants and a choice of beaches..........we personally loved the Italian restaurant 'The Great Little Italy', next to Playa Fanabe beach, excellent food and service very resonably priced, also had a lovely view of the sunset.

This hotel would be great for all ages and had a mixture of people staying there from older couples to young couples like ourselves to families.

Overall had a great holiday and would definatley go back again soon!!

by Mackem117

terrible ?????

"we felt like 2nd class citizens. we went with thompsons .room very basic was there for 2 weeks bed changed once towels changed twice bin emptyed twice. had to empty it ourself i asked maid for bin liner she said no because i was not time share she was cleaning out other room which was time share. safe dont know how many times i had to reset it.tv not very good picture but they did not seem to bother. as for 44 regent street bar went there for sunday roast when it came to table in was boil in a bag roast beef which we could not eat. had to pay for tv which was running away with our money.pool was not very clean there were tadpoles in.would not go there again if you were timeshare you will be ok get all the attention rooms beautiful .lawson family. livingston. scotland."

by jimlawson

Terrific

"Arrived at 1300, check in 1700 were given a choice of apartments that were ready, chose A25. We were warned that there was a disco over the road and we might find it noisy but if it was too noisy they would move us the following day - we stayed where we were, it was on the second floor but there is a lift. Apartment was quite large and fully equiped, also large balcony with 2 sunbeds and table and chairs. Apartment cleaned every day but Sunday, all staff pleasent and helpful. Good food at 44 Regent Street on the complex, this is also where the entertainment takes place, The entertainment was mostly good with a Quiz and various games, the commere Mel keeps the show rolling.It was our first time there but will be back"

by hullandbeyond

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Sunset Harbour Club Apartments Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10.5 miles