Sunset Harbour Club Apartments

Pueblo Torviscas C/ Valencia 3, Tenerife 38660, Spain

Stayed at Sunset Harbour Club Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sunset Harbour Club Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 »
Hard work! by lowriJ

Well, where do i start first of all the positive aspects.

1. Great location, right next to the beach which has water sports.

2. If your looking for some nightlife then its only a 25min walk away, right along the beach! however aviod Oasis, very cheap alcohol - not worth it!

3. Bar staff were lovely and the hotel resturant had superb food.

thats about it really, oh and the hotel was very attractive...

Negative,

1. My partener and I bought tickets from the activities shop next door for a water park. We left our tickets on the table in our room and went to the beach, when we returned the tickets had completely disappeared... the maids had been in the room that day. Reception were completely unhelpfull and refused to accept any responsibility and insisted that the maids would not have taken or thrown anythin away, even though a number of oother items were missing. The only reason i di not contact the authorities was because it was our last full day.

2. As i mentioned before the reception staff although friendly, would avoid helping you if they could. They had a very smug look about themselves and in my experience, and i have travelled the world to hotels with lower stars than this, i have never experienced these attitudes.

3. On the last night we had around 10 cockroaches come under our door. I am quite aware that these insects are common in Tenerife but this is surely not acceptable. When we contacted reception on what we should do the gentleman laughed and simply said, "Deal with it".

4. The safe in which you have to pay 15euros for broke 3 times, the third time we had to wait almost 3 hours. this took up all of our day as our money and other possesions were obviously in the safe.

The hotel did not offer us a refund or any apoloigies.

5. One day the pool had so much grime over it that even the people who had been returning to the hotel for 15 years thought it was disgusting and couldnt believe it.

I'm sure that many people will disagree with eveything i have said but i am simply telling the truth and want to warn people...

Good Luck x

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: lovely location, great resturants.
  • Activities: Chinease buffets!
  • Good For: , City Breaks

great location and fab pool by MCFCMK

stayed at these apartments in March with 4 frieinds, we had a lovely time, room was lovely and had very big beds! cleaned everyday.

the pool area is really nice with about 3/4 cafes and bars to choose from to have something to eat, reasonable prices as well, there was also a swim up bar which was fun.

would recommend and would return tomorrow!

Excellent Accomodation by stevem

This is the second time we have stayed at this resort and the apartments have been refurbished since our first visit. The size of the accomodation and the quality of the fixtures and fittings far exceed our experiences of all but the best 5* resorts that we have visited. The complex is very pretty and is ideally located right on the sea front, surrounded, but not too close to bars and resturants and very much at the more relaxed end of Las Americas. The on site bar and restaurant were very friendly and good value for money. The daily maid service was excellent and the cleaning staff again very friendly and polite.

I can happily recommend this resort and this does seem to be the general opinion from reading the many reviews on this site. As to the review complaining about the pool water quality I found it clear and fresh, if not a little refreshing (ie chilly).

We are looking forward to our next holiday at Sunset Harbour.

• Holiday details: Oct 2008, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Quieter at this end but very rowdy a mile or two further south
  • Activities: Drive over mount Tiede its beautiful

Sunset Harbour, great location by caze12

We booked this accommodation through RCI International, as a timeshare exchange week. The apartment itself was lovely and kept spotlessly clean, but the bathrooms are a little dated and could do with modernisation, but again were kept very clean. The pool area was badly in need of maintenance with tiles missing from the pool and in need of a paint and general spruce up, the corridor areas were very dark and again could be done with a general tidy up, but the resort was clean and having said all the above I would return to the resort purely for the location. It is very central to everything, (but not right in the heart so that you are bothered with noise etc.) You can walk along the sea front promenade in both directions with many restaurants and bars along the way. I'm pretty sure that the sunset harbour is the timeshare end of the resort with pueblo torviscas being the thomsons package holiday end, but not sure whether the apartments are the same inside etc. The reception staff were very helpful and we were given access to our room at 12 noon when our check-in was supposed to be 5pm. Very enjoyable week.

Lovely break at Dunset Harbour Club by lavery28Leeds

My husband and I took our 2 year old grandaughter for a 5 day break and had a great time.

We had a one bedroom apartment which was spacious and well fitted out but the best thing was the enclosed patio with a gate leading to our own enclosed garden.

The guy on reception could not have tried any harder to get us the perfect room and location. All the staff were wonderful.

The pools are great and the baby pool had toys which I assume other guests had left (we left ours too).

It is only a couple of minutes from the beaches.

There are plenty of restaraunts close by and reasonably priced.

I will definately go here again.

my reveiw on the hotel is... by  D Reed

my reveiw on the hotel is discugsting!

they need to do something about both pools, whilst we were there the frount pool was all mercy and you couldn't even see the bottom, as for the other pool it was so shallow and the water wasn't being filtered in both pools!! the best bit about the holtel is that the entertainer, maz was great , the holtekl room was great(that is if you are with diamond) and the reception staff are helpful. Also the 44 regent street bar there is great the entertainment wicked and soo enjoyable !! i will give you one tip clean the pools and the pool area so that people dont complain all the time and TURNM THE FILTERS ON BECAUSE IT CLEANS THE POOL !!!

Been back to Sunset Harbour for about... by A Jones

Been back to Sunset Harbour for about the 10th time and I still love it there. The timeshare accommodation is extremely well equipped and very comfortable. The daily maid service is excellent, but the best by far is Andy James, the compere at 44 Regent Street (one of the on-site restaurants), plus the fab line-up of entertainment and quizzes they have there daily - food is excellent both there and at the Pool Bar. Maz, the new childrens entertainer is a real hoot (her bingo calling is not to be missed!) and a fantastic addition to the already friendly and very helpful staff at Sunset Harbour, and I definitely felt comfortable knowing my daughter was in her care during the daily activities, plus my daughter adored her. My only slight criticism is that the swimming pool is looking a bit shabby around the edges, but it was always clean. Thoroughly recommend Sunset Harbour to one and all.

Been timeshare owner here for 11... by Ann Hooson

Been timeshare owner here for 11 years. Wouldnt swap for anything.

Execellent resort.Very well looked after. There are two brilliant resteraunts in the complex and the very popular Colonial Bar. Torviscas beach is directly opposite and the harbour is just a short walk away.

There is a very lively bar called In andOut if you like rock music just down the steps opposite apartments towards the beach.

Stayed at Sunset Harbour for the last... by C Clarke

Stayed at Sunset Harbour for the last 5 years. Can,t recomend it enough. Good food great entertainment good pools and facilities excellent staff.5 stars. Very close to the beach,walk out the front gate across the road down a flight of steps or a slope and you are there

We had a wicked Holiday and met some... by Jane Barrett

We had a wicked Holiday and met some great people. The appartment was standard but clean and fresh towels were given on day 4 and sheets were changed also every 4 days. The complex was safe for our 9 year old Son and even though it was a slightly older generation of people they treated us all the same even with a noisey little 9 year old.

The staff at 44 regent street Steff, Andy, Mags, Caz, Pixie & Justina all made us welcome and really looked after us with the fab food thanks to the great Chefs. The Entertainment at 44 regent Street was as norm fun and at times amusing.

I will say the only probs we had was the people offering Scratch cards outside the complex really annoyed us and they would not listen and even grabbed our arms whilst we were out for the evening. At Sunset Harbour they are not allowed in the complex thank God but they are all over the place. If this can be stopped then great before someone really looses there temper.

The reception people were really helpfull.

A huge thankyou to Andy James who provided the Entertainment and his Wife Maggs who has put us in contact with an Apartment for August. We cant wait.

The Pool was cold but it was Feb. My 9 year old son spent the whole time on the Pool so it couldnt of been that bad and he moans all the time. Jane Andy & Ryan Middlesex

This accommadation comes highly... by C Morris

This accommadation comes highly recommeneded.

Apartments were spotless and equipped with all mod cons! Home from Home. Clean, spacious and well presented

The pool area again clean and relaxing atmosphere and great for the "Kids".

All staff were friendly and helpful, especially the staff at 44 Regent Street, made you feel so welcome.

The food was fantastic and entertainment brilliant. There was no need to venture outside the complex if you didn’t want to.

W

To sum this holiday up in one word fantastic. See you soon.

My husband and I were very reluctant... by Towelsatdawn

My husband and I were very reluctant to go to Tenerife simply because of the preconceived notions we held of drunken, sunburnt brits and expats demanding pints of Stella and chips with everything in very loud voices.

In this respect you may wonder why we chose this island given our initial negative view but this may be explained by stating that our holiday was dictated purely by available dates, relative distance and guaranteed weather which meant that the Canaries were the only feasible option.

However Sunset Harbour and this particular area of the Playa Las Americas/Pueblo Torviscas is far more sleepy that I would have given it credit for and turned out to be one of the most enjoyable relaxing holiday destinations we have been to for a while. Don't go looking for anything vaguely resembling the Spanish culture though. The following review of this holiday is based purely on its own merits.

We only booked a standard room as we rarely spend much time indoors however we were delighted to discover how large it was. There was a full sized kitchen area and living room, and a large corner balcony which could be accessed from both bedroom and living room.

Huge amounts of storage space! Wardrobes covered an entire wall of our large double bedded room. The room was serviced daily and we were supplied with fresh linen and towels.

In terms of those essentials there is ASDA but perhaps smaller scale than you might be used to. ;) No not really THE Asda and you'll possibly not skip out of it whilst gaily tapping the unspent coins in your back pocket but you will find most things you need. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful and seemingly on first name terms with everyone - an incredible skill given how much trade he does. Spend enough and you'll find him giving you discounts and sometimes freebies which again makes him a great businessman in my book.

We were located just above the 'Winking Frog' which we never actually entered which was adjacent to an 'Italian' restaurant (Pizza, Pasta and chips); however they did have nightly entertainment from a very talented female vocalist. Sadly, her repertoire never varied from night to night and so I got to learn her set list better than she did. Luckily she didn't venture into nasty anthems such as Simply the Best or Show Me the Way to Amarillo. Had she done so, I would have initiated an immediate departure.

Nevertheless it was rather pleasant to be serenaded whilst sitting watching the sun go down over the harbour.

I think it helps that there are a large number of owners and time-sharers within this complex so people do tend to take a little pride over whom they 'allow in', as it were. The complex itself is very well maintained and the pool areas are clean and well manned by life guards and both staff and guests are friendly and respectful.

On the food stakes we weren't proven wrong, it seems as though chips come as standard and the cuisine is very much Anglo-centric.

There are a few bars and restaurants within the immediate complex but our particular favourite was 44 Regent Street run by... wait for it, expats (Not sunburned or drunken I hasten to add) who had managed to inject a little more imagination into their menu whilst still ensuring there were adequate variations of egg beans and chips for the less adventurous palate.

Their friendly, warm attitude went a long way to ensuring that we were frequent visitors despite the fact that the best champagne they had was Moet et Chandon (tut, tut). There is nightly entertainment with varying levels of appeal. Some good, some not so good but rarely abysmal. I really can't say too many good things about this place and their people, particularly Maggie, Caz, and David who were top chaps and chappesses. We usually started and ended our evenings here due to the friendly, relaxed atmosphere. I was introduced to a number of cocktails all of which were sweeter and slightly more alcoholic than I am used to.

What I did find surprising that the complex is governed by very strict rules which ensure that sound levels are kept within regulations and consequently most places are closed by midnight, which I consider to be a good thing.

Bradley the Sunset Harbour entertainment chap I could have happily put in my pocket and taken home. His cheerful manner, unpredictable behaviour, perfect timing, and relentless talent for making people laugh ensured that the day was punctuated with moments of much amusement and slight bemusement. I normally find the forced jollity of entertainment staff tedious and annoying but this guy proves to be the exception. He's a true gem and worth every penny paid for what he does. Destined for stardom for reasons which I've yet to work out.

For those later nights we did discover a beach bar called IN & OUT which is situated very close to the hotel on Playa Torviscas which hosted the best live band I have seen for a very long time 'Soundchaser'. Their favoured genre is undoubtedly Rock so it's pretty much certain that requests for Beyonce, or Take That songs would be met with disbelieving laughter. If you're lucky they may give you a 30 second snippet of Shakira's 'Hips don't Lie' or Britney's 'Hit Me baby One More Time' but this would be more for comedy value than an exhibit of their actual set list.

The Guitarist, Marcos is a real showman who not only manages to be an unbelievably good guitarist and singer but also manages to be incredibly good looking and funny. Don't you just hate him guys? No need to lock up your daughters though as he is happily married to the keyboard player, Penny :(. but be prepared for some hero worship and perhaps a few broken hearts.

Comprising of a three piece outfit of Guitarist/Lead Vocals, Keyboard Player/Bass/Vocals and Drummer/Vocals , Soundchaser manage to produce outstanding renditions of Queen/Eric Clapton/Wings/ Guns n' Roses/Rolling Stones numbers but are more than ready to Rock out to requests for ACDC/Thin Lizzy/Black Sabbath. Even if you aren't in to Heavy Rock you can't help but admire their energy and talent not to mention humour. Passersby were seldom able to just pass by without at least stopping for a drink.

In summary: Restful, friendly, good standard of accommodation, outstanding weather, very friendly people and helpful staff. Exactly the kind of holiday we needed. All in all I would say that if you were a fan of Tenerife you could do far worse than to stay at this complex. This is a place I would seriously consider returning to.

« 1 2 3 4 »
Stayed at Sunset Harbour Club Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Sunset Harbour Club Apartments Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 10.5 miles