Monaco Bungalows

Avda de la Cornisa Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria 35130, Spain
hotel photo

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Monaco Bungalows

In our group was myself my husband...

"In our group was myself my husband our 2 children 15 & 6 and daughters friend 16.

After reading the reviews after booking our holiday to the Monaco. We were very worried visited travel agents 3 times to change but was told we were worrying about nothing.

This was our 3rd holiday in Gran Canaria so after staying at the Altamar twice we were concerned after reading about the break-ins. Arrived at around 6 to find a woman waiting for people getting off the coach to inform us that this was the worst hotel on the island and there’d been around 6 break-ins in last few days.

Next morning went to pool 33 sunbeds for around 90 apartments, after being there 2 hrs and most sunbeds had towels on and nobody’s I went to complain to the rep who told me it was his rep meeting and he would sort the problem out after meeting had finished in about an hour in which I replied if I was spending money he’d deal with me in which he went and removed some towels for me.

Too noisy not for families pool small apartments been sold to Spanish families doors wouldn’t lock plaster falling off ceiling going back to Gran Canaria in august 06 but not going to Monaco.

by  K Wilcock

I would like to add that we had a...

"I would like to add that we had a most enjoyable holiday at the Monaco bungalows. There was only my husband and myself in this apartment. We found it very clean and spacious for two people.

We had a lovely big terrace, two bedrooms two bathrooms, and they were better than the high rise apartments one usually gets I cant fault them in any way. Apart from the steps and noise from the commercial centre, but hey your only there for a week, and as you haven’t to get up for work I don’t see the problem.

I don’t no what some people expect when they go on holiday, do they want fitted carpets and lounge suites, you are on holiday, and basically you only sleep in them.

I for one thought they were very clean ours was spotless and had safety bars at all windows and doors, and would definitely stay there again.

by  J Thewlis

These apartments have to be the worst...

"These apartments have to be the worst I have ever stayed in, there was a family group of us 5 adults and 1 child, on arrival we had to struggle with the suit cases to our bungalow as there is no lifts, once entering the bungalow it was one disaster after another.

The fold up bed was broke the apartment was dirty, the shower rail was hanging off, the pool area was dirty and I strongly advise you do not use the toilets around the pool. Were not holiday goers that normally stay in 5 star accommodation.

We only book basic but you do expect some standards!

by B Bowden

We have all just came back from the...

"We have all just came back from the Monaco apartments and I have to say we were all pleasantly surprised after reading all the reviews before we had left!

They are in a great location for the commercial centre and were also very clean, we didn’t see one creepy crawly all the time we were there and the weather was great, roughly between 25-28, which is very good for the time of the year.

The pool area was very small for the amount of the rooms they have there but we didn’t find it difficult getting a sunbed, only because it wasn’t very busy. I would say these apartments are for adults only due to the noise that you can hear from the commercial centre in the early hours of the morning.

We were five girls staying at this apartment and having the two bathrooms was an absolute bonus, also the staff at reception were very helpful even though they didn’t speak much English.

by  K Turner

Our first impressions of the...

"Our first impressions of the bungalows were not fantastic. The dark, smelly rooms were not exactly the best welcoming present. the downstairs toilet smelt like a body had been left in there for years. The pool was not bad, bit on the small side however, and next to a busy road.

The rooms were not secure, as we later found out in the first week when we got broken into. We later found out we were not the only ones. The amount of stairs leading to and from our apartment left us gasping for air every time we went out. Area was a bit rough and I will not be returning again. Room for improvement!

by JS Jayne Smith

My husband and three children (two...

"My husband and three children (two teenagers) arrived at our complex at about 4 in the morning, having a quick look around everything appeared to be fine if a bit basic. The beds were a nightmare you may as well be sleeping on the floor they were so hard and the blankets were skimpy and horrible. Anyway hoping to not need much sleep we decided to overlook this flaw. Weather being fantastic we went straight to the pool next morning, having jumped in we were all left gasping for breath, the pool although not heated contained the coldest water I have ever encountered. After 10 days of blistering heat in the resort the pool was still as cold as on the first day? other than that the pool bar opened 4 only a few hours a day and then sometimes not at all, there was no entertainment and the games room was the worst I have ever seen. The cleaning service was quite good coming every 2nd or 3rd day. We had no problems with cockroaches and didn’t hear of any break-ins while we were there. Overall not worth the money to stay here but Puerto Rico is a lovely place."

by T carolan

These are tatty old apartments which...

"These are tatty old apartments which are really quite depressing. They are under-maintained and obviously prone to break-ins which the management are happy to warn you about but are then are too tight to supply a £20 room safe or doors and windows which actually lock. The sheets are too small for the mattresses and fall off on contact. The cable TV they advertise has a 12” screen and a coin slot which swallows 1 euro per hour. Don’t bother, there is nothing worth watching.

Worst of all (assuming you are not too worried by a few cockroaches) is the terrible noise coming from the local discos and bars until at least 3am every night. Having never had more than 2 hours continuous sleep in 5 nights over Xmas we found somewhere else outside the town to stay for the last 6 nights of our holiday. Puerto Rico is mostly in a valley and the noise carries perfectly around half of the resort. If you want a proper kip, avoid anywhere in the valley but you will be OK anywhere close to the sea. In case you are wondering, the 2 marks out of 10 are for the relatively new curtains and bedspreads and quite good pool.

by F Tuppen