Marmaris Palace Hotel

Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Marmaris Palace Hotel

1 2 312 »
Horrible place. Mouldy and run down.

"Horrible hotel. I cannot believe that this place gets any decent reviews. The room we stayed in stank of mould - the rooms are all in pine trees so get very little light meaning they are cold, dark, dismal, damp places. The room itself was tiny - we had 1 wardrobe and a couple of drawers for a family of 4 - meaning we just had to leave clothes out to smell of damp. If one person was stood up in the room nobody else could move. The room had damp spores around it, tiles were cracked, the balcony was plain dangerous. After 2 nights in the 'hotel' 3 of us were suffering with chesty coughs which I am sure were caused by the damp room.

The hotel itself was shaded in most parts - although the jetty out to sea was fine. The hotel had one water slide open sporadically. It advertised a ropes course and ice skating rink but none of these were ever open. The basketball court/football pitch was in a poor state of repair as was the tennis court.

The food was dire - cold reheated rubbish that was largely inedible. After 3 days we had had enough and moved to a different hotel a couple of resorts away that Thomas Cook rate lower than this pit - what a joke that is - I'm not sure who fills in their guest review cards but it can't be the guests.

If you are thinking of booking here please don't as you can get far better value in other parts of Turkey.

• Holiday details: May 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Don't go - book somewhere nicer
by Jon M

Don't go in October!!

"My husband and I chose this hotel for our honeymoon as it looked stunning in the photos on the hotels own website and was rated as 5 star, although Thomas Cook rate it as 4 star. We took our 2 children too and it was our first family holiday abroad. We had a family room in the main building, which was ok but there wasn't enough storage space for clothes. The room was cleaned everyday and towels were changed regularly.

The food was very poor. There were a lot of flies and birds flying into the restaurant. The choice of food was limited and we had to put up with the same thing everyday. The kids buffet was awful. There were broken heat lamps so the food wasn't being kept warm. The fruit juice machine ran out of juice a few days into our holiday and although the staff were aware of this, it wasn't re-filled at all. This meant the children couldn't get a drink with their breakfast as there was only tea and coffee available and they were only able to get fizzy drinks at other meal times, which wasn't ideal. Bottled water is available all day but not in the main restaurant at breakfast.

As we were nearing the end of the season, a lot of activities and facilities had already closed. There wasn't much to do during the day. The hotel run kids club wasn't worth going to. The childen did go to Thomas Cook's kids club though. They enjoyed it but we did have to pay extra for some sessions that had to be pre-booked (£10 each). On one occasion, we waited outside kids club with 3 or 4 other families with their children but the club reps didn't turn up. They later told us that they told the children because it was a pre-booked session, if nobody had pre-booked, they would cancel it. This was something they should have told the parents or at least put a notice on the door to let us know.

We missed our welcome meeting as we had a night flight and arrived at the hotel at 6am so were very tired, the meeting was at 11am. We went to see the rep later that day, who gave us our information pack. We were pleased to find some excursions that the children would enjoy. These were a trip to the Aqua Park and a Jolly Roger boat trip where the KidsWorld team look after the kids so the parents can sit back and relax. When we went to book them we were told the Aqua Park had closed and that the Jolly Roger trip was no longer running as it was the end of season. We were very disappointed by this. It should have been crossed off the list before they gave it to us.

The weather wasn't great, we had a few thunderstorms. When we did see the sun, it didn't last past 5pm because the hotel is surrounded by trees so we were left in the shade. The trees also mean that there are a lot of wasps and honey bees. These were a nuisance and quite a few people were stung, including myself, twice.

The entertainment was limited and due to the weather they held the entertainment in a conference room so the atmosphere wasn't great and of course, there is no bar in the conference room! The mini disco for the kids was exactly the same every night and only lasted about 15 minutes.

By the end of the holiday, the entertainment team themselves were bored and the hotel was closing down around us.

I wouldn't recommend going to this hotel in October, especially with children.

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Go during the height of summer when there will be more entertainment!
by Shelley N

BAD CHOICE FOR AN OCTOBER HOLIDAY !

"Very dated hotel and gardens. We went as a group with two families. One family had rooms in hotel, the other had an apartment in the grounds. The apartment was very scruffy but the hotel rooms looked like they had been refurbished (particularly the shower room).

MAIN FAULTS This was a holiday for the half term holiday and our one and only holiday this year. The resort felt liked it was about the close with nearly all activities not available. Kids club was open but they charged exorbitant amounts for extra things e.g. chocolate party £10.

Some of the trips were no longer available. We booked Pirate adventure and waited to be picked up. Rang Tomsons after 15 mins to be told delay with bus. After a phone call 45 mins later we were told it was cancelled. Found an email (paper copy) in room when we returned to it.

No air cond at night. Rooms unbearable. Many complained and it was put on for one night from 21:00 to 03:00.

Very poor entertainment for the evenings. Very poor drinks. No food displays in the restaurant. Food Hall and 2 pool bars closed.

For a four star resort it was extremely poor. I have been to 3 star resort far better.

Lots of extras to pay for eg safes. Website for this resort is very misleading.

No sun after 4:00 in the afternoon due to position of the hotel.

These are my main complaints.

by SIXTIES MISS

very dissapointed

"we stayed at marmaris palace 22nd sept untill 29th sept family room not up to much there was no privacy 4 adults and a toddler could say it was open plan the food well thats another story had the ***** day after eating and all thru holiday and i was not alone entertainment would rate 2 out of 10 we go to icmeler twice a year and have done for 6 years now this has to be the worst wasps everywhere even by the pool ended up going into icmeler day and night wont be back margo and tiny dalkeith"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: take plenty munchies with you
by tiny

brilliant

"Just back from the palace on 23rd sept and what a holiday we had. Food excellent,staff brilliant,acomodation wonderful. we were 4 adults for 2weeks all inclusive and everything was well above expectations.will be going back next year and have already been looking at the brochure. try the Aussie bar in Marmaris for a good night out open till 4am."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by Papa

Absolutely awesome :)

"We travelled to this hotel in May 2011 and three months later my children are still reflecting back on their holiday most days.

The hotel staff on the desk especially Murat where very helpful.

This hotel was brilliant because there are an array of activites to do for all different tastes and the young and old age groups, in fact there were that was much to do here we didn't cover it in the seven days.

The dining experience was always a treat whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner as there was a wide variety of tastes. I specicifally would like to praise Ahmet Davlucu the Manager for training all his staff to provide a brilliant, high quality service to all its visitors and also the efforts that are put into providing the range of foods at all mealtimes.

All bar staff are genuinely happy to serve you and make sure you that you to get your moneys worth when it comes to the drinks!

The hotel offers good entertainment for childen and their families to include theatre shows, discos and the entertainment team do a good job of involving all in any water based activites.

The way the holiday club operates on a first come first serve basis is acceptable, but then if one is turned away on the first instance they should be automatically accepted to attend the next session. Overall the holiday club is a enjoyable experience with staff who are all UK staff and are caring and friendly towards all.

I can not fault our holiday at this hotel in any shape or form. I would certainly recommned this hotel to anybody with a family and will be definately travelling there agian in the future.

I would also recommend holidaymakers to book an all inclusive holiday so that they can enjoy all facilities to the max!

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: The hotel could provide better gym facilities such as equipment.
by Kaur

Marmaris Palace

"Great Hotel these people that complain make me laugh , I have been going to Turkey since 1999 and have been to all different hotels and in 2007 my daughter got married, we had the wedding in the Grand Azure wich is amazing but you cant get better than the Marmaris Palace for the view and location. We thought we would have a change and went to Mexico and reallly enjoyed it but we have been all over the world and will still go to other places but this August we are off to the Marmaris Palace again and believe me the food is amazing and the Hotel is very clean I would give it a 5star."

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Just make sure you see outside it as it's an amazing place.
by lorainy62

skeg thus club

"we are 11 peop;e of pension age just come back from a really great holiday the staff couldnt do enough for us the food exeptional . all great apart from haveing to sit on stone steps to watch the very good shows"

• Advice: boat trips
by thus club

best holiday ever!!

"Having read a lot of these reviews I decided to have my own say and to give my own experience. It struck me that the 'good' reviewers had a truly excellent holiday and the 'bad' reviewers felt Marmaris palace was truly awful! I thought about why they differed so hugely and have concluded that it must be because of the TIMING of the holiday. For example, I went with my daughter, my teenage son and my sister in May '10 and I can honestly say I have never before had such a wonderful time. The weather, the food, the poolside experience, the staff, the cleanliness and the evening entertainment were all second to none. And who could ever forget the Animation Team who were so funny and entertaining.... after only one or two days there we felt we knew them all so well they were like friends and they would come and sit with us in the evenings or at the meal table etc.... every one went out of their way to be helpful and friendly, I couldn't stop talking about it for weeks after returning and, after a year, I still long to go back. I can honestly say we did not see any wasps or birds and a few cats were there but didn't trouble you if you wanted to be left alone. The air con was adequate and the rooms were beautifully kept and cleaned and the view over the bay was something else!! At 8am the sea glittered as if it were laced with specks of pure gold. To wake up and behold the sea from your balcony through the palm trees was deeply memorable. My advice? Go in May and not later if you want the holiday of a lifetime."

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: don't go later in the year than May
by Lorrylee

A Great Holiday

"We have just got back from a two week stay at this wonderful clean and friendly place. We were a family of four two adults and two children aged 5 and 8. The room was great as we only used it for bathing and sleeping the maid service was fantastic. The whole complex is so clean and the staff just can't do enough for you. Speedy the waiter is fantastic and very funny Yasmin from Dolly kids club great lady both my kids love her to bits. Food is great lots of pizza fish salad lamb rice the list just goes on something for everyone. In the restaurant the waiters work tirelessly to keep the place clean and try to please everyone. Reception staff and the reps couldn't do enough we were a little cold the first night and just mentioned it to the rep in passing when we got back to our room we had lots of blankets delivered. The entertainment team was so funny and each and every one of them worked so hard to give everyone an enjoyable holiday. I must admit after reading some reviews I was a little put of but just go with an open mind and have fun and remember some people are born to moan and you can't please everyone!!! My only complaint has to be the wasps as I hate them and they are everywhere but like I said you can't please everyone."

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Marmaris palace doesn't offer a full English breakfast so if you fancy one have a walk towards Marmaris and you can get one as cheap as chips
by Jan1974

Just Brilliant

"Third time at Marmaris Palace, got back on Tuesday. Has been refurbished since I was there in 2008, bedroom furniture much better now, although still a shortage of drawer space and clothes hangers! that aside, the location in the pine trees, food (some wonderful sculptures made by chef from vegetables), cleanliness, all excellent. Staff very friendly and couldn't have been more help. Earwigs and wasps were a bit of a problem but what do you expect with all the trees?!! Views from room were lovely, we were on 3rd floor bungalow - does that make it a bungahigh?!! Had a lovely holiday and can't wait to go back"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dolmus run frequently to Marmaris and Icmeler or is a nice walk (about half hour) in either direction along the side of the sea
by Mags

Fantastic!

"My family and I went to Marmaris Palace on the 6tb of April, 2011 for 7 days and it was brilliant. The waiters and staff were lovely and spoke to us everyday without fail. The room was amazing and we had a fab view(of the pool area and sea) on the 4th floor. Our welcoming was nice and our cases were brought up to our room. The food there was good, maybe not for everyone but there was always something there to eat. Every morning there was pancakes, freshly made by the minute. The entertainment crew were hilarious! Such a funny group. My favourite was definitely Fatih! Never fails to make everyone smile.

My mum and I got a tattoo and i highly recommend him! He's very good and clean! The spa there is also very relaxing! You have to try a turkish bath! Your holiday wont be complete until you have one!

If you like boat trips, you can book one which takes your round the whole island and provides lunch! They also stop for about half an hour so you can have a dip in the sea!

Im hoping to come back to Marmaris Palace. Was a great holiday and met some fantastic people.

I hope this helped.

Much love, the Hodge Family.

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by maoam+fruitella's.

1 2 312 »

Map for Marmaris Palace Hotel Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 29.8 miles

Marmaris Palace Hotel photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Marmaris Palace Hotel
  • by Holidaylover29

" Go for dinner in Marmaris Harbour, the seafood is brilliant. "

• by xxannastokeygirlxx

" not really nice beaches stoney sandy "

• by JK & MB

" Far too many to mention! loved the diamond shops and even bought some diamond rings! "

• by Molly-Moo

" Try the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant in Icmeler - fabulous food and very reasonable "

• by Pontefract_Jester

" Try the CAVALIERE restaurant in Icmeler, one of a few that did not harass us. "

• by anne 1

" cocoa beach restaurant very nice "

• by a fellow traveller

" Great for the Turkish culture and westernised bars, club and restaurants too. "

• by Mags

" Dolmus run frequently to Marmaris and Icmeler or is a nice walk (about half hour) in either direction along the side of the sea "