Bellevue Aquarius

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 7/10
Value: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Bellevue Aquarius

1 2 36 »
aquarius

"I have stayed at Aquarius on many occasions and have never had a problem

Yes the rooms are a little dated but the view more than makes up for it ,, You don't spend ALL your holiday in your apartment

The pool is excellent and always clean ,

The food is good and plentiful with attentive staff ,,not all happy but usually helpful ,

The atmosphere around the hotel bar is friendly just what you need for a carefree holiday ,

If people want 4* then they should go elsewhere , Personally I prefer value for money with out hassle and that's what Aquarius is

I am returning again in Oct 2014

• Holiday details: Oct 2013, Booked Independently
by KATBC123

Great Holiday

"Great base, all staff really friendly and attentive . Accommodation basic, but clean , food good, .Hotel gave my husband bottle of bubbly for his birthday-lovely gesture.Will definitely go back."

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, booked with Sunshine.co.uk
  • Advice: Higher apartments have better views
by andrew05

Daylight Robbery

"Returned from these apartments on 23rf February. This could be such a nice resort and many of the staff are friendly and helpful but there is a very serious security problem with almost daily reports of theft of valuables from apartments. However the most worrying fact was the lack of acknowledgement by resort managers of there being any problem with the suggestion that people were leaving the doors open - what a joke. There are generally two types of apartment on this resort, those on a level starting with 1,3 or 5. Each of these apartments have entry via a patio door with a card entry. These apartments are also on the ground floor level. The apartments on the upper level have a door and key entry and seemed to be more secure. My wife and I were staying in room 509 and generally concur with the review by the couple who wrote about 509 below (so no point in repeating).

I went on holiday with two other families who were on the same level as me and both had valuables stolen along with another couple who had young children, last week we had reports of others having goods stolen. You may say why not use the safe, however the safe is very samll small so if you are taking things like iPAD's or kids games etc, these may not fit in the safe and so you had best sleep on them and carry them with you wherever you go. So what is really happening here???

The managers will show you on a printed report all the entries made to your apartment, these include you, the card holder and a copy, which is cleaning staff. However you would expect the staff to only enter your apartment once to clean, or twice at worst, however there were occasions when they come and go several times a day. We believe there is a target on those with young families and our friends also found that locked windows where unlocked upon return to their apartment. So, in summary if you are going here remember:-

1. Do not under any circumstances accept an apartment on a floor with card entry until this resort recognizes there is a problem and have dealt with the problem. Do not simply accept their word for this, check with the local police who will have reports (and stated to my friends that they had regular reports.)

2. If you do find you have been robbed, do not expect any acknowledgement by resort managers, they are in denial, but you must report this to the police (at a cost of 35 Euros), any report from the resort, they will simply offer a blank piece of letter headed paper with the dates of your stay

3. Get a safe upon arrival, not the day after, and make sure all your goods can go in.

4. Make sure your windows are locked and check every time you come back.

So sad really, it could be a really nice resort but I would not go here again.

Room Tip: Starting with even numbers only

• Holiday details: Feb 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Make sure all valuables can be locked in the safe.
by eclaridge

NEVER AGAIN

"Never again would i stay there, we rang ahead two weeks prior arrival requesting apartment with balcony, we were told by the manager, no problem, he would look after us, when we arrived there was no apartments with balcony available, explained we had rang ahead but to no avail, we were told by the manager there must be another manager with the same name!!! how low can i go,we waisted an hour ,my mobile phone was stolen out of the apartment whilst we were in it, ( not by staff) in the terraced apartment we had, ants were crawling all round the terrace outside, you could not sit outside, drink & food expensive on site, cheaper to go outside the complex,"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: DONT GO THERE
by YELOF

ok for a cheap holiday

"Ive never written a review before but as ive been using this site to look at other holiday reviews I thought it only fair to do one of my own.

We have just returned from the Aquarius we were all inclusive for 1 week, it was a cheap holiday with another couple.

This hotel is not ideal for people who are hard at walking as it is situated on a very steep hill and the there are a lot of steps to tackle in the resort itself. The accommodation was nice and spacious there was a ceiling fan in the bedroom & living room and also a fridge freezer and all amenities for self catering even if you are all inclusive. The rooms were cleaned daily but the floors were still dirty and the bed linen was not changed just the beds made up.

The pool is salt water and is very deep (2.00 meters at the deep end) I could barely stand up in any area of the pool (im am 5ft 6in). the pool is very clean and there is a children's pool adjoining. The area around the pool wasn’t very big and was made up of little stones so you would need to take your shoes to the pool side to stop them from sticking in your feet.

The food was okay, it was mainly fried and the pastas & salads were made up of the meat/ fish that was left over from the night before. The breakfast was the same every day and the lunches were very similar.

The all inclusive drinks were ok, the lager being Dorada not san Miguel and the wine was ok also. The staff were very friendly and brought drinks to your table at meal times.

There was no evening entertainment at all, we were very disappointed by this and spent most evenings playing cards in our room or venturing into the old and new town but we were unhappy to pay for drinks outside of the hotel because we were A.I.

All in all for what we paid we could not complain as we had all meals cooked for us and a choice of drinks. Please bear in mind this is only a 2 star rating so if you are looking for something higher then this isn’t the place for you.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Travel supermarket / ryan air
  • Advice: The new twon peurto del carmen is a lovely town with pleanty to do
by jkjk2011

nice toned legs!

"got back a couple of days ago from a lovely holiday. was quite tired on arrival and had to walk up a million different steps to get to our room, we had been given a map but got a bit lost!, once there the view to the sea etc was lovely. on opening the door the room was roasting hot as you have to put a fan on for it to cool down. when walking around our room my feet got dirty so the floor hadnt been cleaned properly but the cleaners did come in daily while we were there. the rooms are only basic and the bedroom didnt have much floor space and so was a bit of a squeeze (also hot)so we chose to sleep on the sofa bed as there was only two of us. the shower ran hot and cold when using it and the boiler made a funny noise but we got used to it. we were all inclusive but in our rooms was pleased to have a microwave, kettle, toaster, and fridge so could eat there if you got a bit hungry, also had an iron and ironing board. the food was ok,(you get what you pay for) the resturant was small for a big hotel, all staff were nice and friendly. we chose to eat out for tea so cant comment on that. we havent got kids but didnt see much on for the ones that were there apart from the nice big pool.the hotel is in good location, a few pubs, shops, and harbour close by but quite hilly in places.the busyier part and the beach is about 20 minutes walk away be( prepared to be hassled by everyone trying to get you in there restuarnt) , you could get a taxi but we chose to walk and so have come home with nice toned legs!"

by coxy

Would I return? No.

"Nov 2010

Our normal timeshare in Lanzarote was full so for the first week of our holiday we were given an exchange to Hotetur Aquarius Apartments. Having read the reviews I was really concerned about the conditions we would find and, although not quite as bad as some of the reviews indicated, we were certainly not impressed.

We arrived on Thursday to find that the apartment wasn’t very clean and there were no cleaning materials or equipment. O.K. I had taken bleach, Cif, rubber gloves etc., with me so I could clean the bathroom and work surfaces but next problem – no hot water! It took until late Friday night before the boiler was replaced and we were able to have the luxury of a hot shower. There was 1/3rd of a toilet roll when we arrived and it was Sunday before another was left on the coffee table while we were out. Light bulbs were missing from the bedside lamp and kitchen. Towels were not replaced until Sunday when we were given two bath towels and no hand towels and that was it for the rest of the holiday. I had to take our towels to the laundry which cost 5.2 Euros for the washing machine. If I had used the dryer it was 5.2 Eruoes too. The sheets weren’t changed at all during the week yet I understood they were to be changed halfway through the week.

We were self catering but there were no shelves in the oven and the elements were bare so the oven was unusable. Crockery and cutlery were inadequate for self catering and there was no working space. Just as well we couldn’t use the oven even for heating plates as there were no place mats to protect the table.

Our apartment was for 4 people. Fortunately there were only two of us as there were no easy chairs, only a 2 seater sofa bed to sit on. The TV was unwatchable due to a constant flicker, the sink leaked just beyond the u-bend so had to put the waste bin underneath to catch the water when emptying the sink and the cleaning (or lack of it) was a not so funny joke.

However, it wasn’t all bad. We got loads of exercise climbing up and down to our 4th floor apartment and, even with a road outside our bedroom window, it was nice and quiet and I didn’t see any giant cockroaches which had featured prominently in some of the reviews. There were some small black beasties which kept appearing from under the bath and scuttled across the bathroom floor but I don’t know what they were. I just made sure I never walked about in bare feet!

Would I return? In a word – No. Pity, because the location is good being close to the harbour/marina and plenty of restaurants close by.

PS Our second week at Las Adelfas was ten times no, twenty times better!

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Puerto del Carmen was much nicer than I expected but I wouldn't return to Aquarius
by LJW Dumfriesshire

Appalling accommodation only + food excellent!

"Stayed for 1 week Oct 2010, accommodation appalling, absolutely no sign of the complex/apartments having been refurbished! Apt not very clean but at least the towels/sheets were. Furniture broken and uncomfortable. Would never consider staying at these apts again. The only plus was that the food was excellent & the waiting staff were polite and attentive, I suspect that the restaurant is run by a different entity to the apts & credit where it is due! Drinks not included in package and the bar prices are very expensive. Plenty of Irish bars nearby but they were charging Irish prices! If you want to ‘slum’ it for a week it’s the place for you if you want an apt that you can relax in book elsewhere."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Disappointing!
by Disappointed!

Nice but too many steps

"My husband and I have just returned from Aquarius.Thought apartment was very nice,although there were a couple of improvements that needed sorting. i.e. wiring,the fan in the ceiling could not be used to full capacity as we were afraid it would fly off and decapitate one of us. Also not all plug sockets worked.But apart from these few cosmetic problems,the apartment was very nice. Our towels and sheets were changed on a regular basis.Staff were very nice and helpful. We stayed self catering so cannot comment on food.Found food and drink was very reasonably priced in local area.Only thing to consider before coming here is it is not suitable for people with walking difficulties or families with young children. As there are quite a few steps to climb and ther is NO LIFT.Also the general area is quite hilly so could cause problems for the previously mentioned people. My husband and I both in our late 50's loved it."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, self catering, booked with Co-Operative Travel
  • Advice: Very hilly
by Eve

Not Bad

"At first sight the resort is satisfactory. Wonderful sea and mountain views. Pool looked clean, and was not too busy on arrival. (@20.30) The gentleman who checked us in was welcoming and helpful, un like another gentleman we met later in the holiday, (who's name was very strange and began with a B). Very abrupt and un-helpful guy, and caused us a great deal of stress at one point. When we got to the room, although it was one of the appartments on the higher level of the resort and had a lovely view, we were not impressed at all with the appartment itself. The bath room was the worst, as it had clearly not been cleaned very well following the last occupants. there were black hairs in the bath and around the sink area, the taps were filthy and it smelled like hanmster wee throughout the holiday. To be honest the cleaners were not very goot at all. Two bulbs were missing from the kitchen light, which made it very difficult at night time, and we were thankful to be all inclusive as cooking would have been a nightmare. The furnishings were old and very tired, and looked nothing like the pictures on the web site. I wish we had requested a better room because when we took sneak peaks into other apparmtnents, they were not in such bad condition as ours. I would reccomend you ask for a change of appartments if you are not satisfied. There is plenty to keep you occupied throughout the day and night...even for kids. Andreas, the entertainment guy arranges games through the day and night, with water polo and pool competitions, and bingo and quizez on the nights. He is very entertaining. One thing that did become very irritating was people who came down early in the morning,and thought it was ok to lay their towels down on sun beds before heading to breakfast. It is stated that it is forbidden to researve sun beds with towels. One poster said that the staff will move towels from sun beds...they don't...ever. Don't hesitate to move them yourself though. We did on many occasions. If you don't, you will never get a sun bed...ever. The food was lovely most of the time, however as an all inclusive customer, i felt we were treated like third class guests in comparison to paying customers. There are lots of shops (if you vnture to the shops turn yor all inclusive wrist bands inside out. If they see that you are all inc, they up the prices of things) and retaurantes near by. One word of warning. If you venture out to eat and the staff are waiting out side the restaurante, begging you to look at their menu...then it is not a very good restaurant. We tested this theory and found a lovely place. Gorgeous beaches a few minutes walk away and plenty irish bars playing live footy for those o you who care. All in all,i would wait till the hotel has gotten round to a refurb before venturing to this Hotetur venue."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: wait for the refurb.
by Mindy

1 week self-catering long enough!

"I stayed at this hotel/apartment block 5/8-13/8 over all the stay was satisfactory!

We already had family staying there so it was nice for us to be united together.

The accomodation was tidy and spacious on arrival. There were 2 of us in out apartment and 3 family members in a neighbouring apartment. The staff were very friendly and quick to resolve an issue with 1 of our aparments they swiftly moved us to a new apartment.

The pool is of a reasonable size however being 5ft2 i was unable to stand anywhere in the pool. The shallow part was 1.65m deepest 2m, after spending 2 days floating on an inflatable ring which made it possible for me to relax in the pool.(lilos and balls are strictly forbidden in the pool!) The lifeguards were very unfriendly and spoke very poor english so when telling you stuff about the pool there was a huge barrier! We were later informed we were not allowed rubber rings as they were to dangerous and the life guards could not watch the pool with lots of poeple in rubber rings!

the drinks at the bar are very pricey so we brought a large selection of cans from the local shop which also supplied english newspapers and magazines! The fresh pastries are delicious!

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk downhill from a small shopping presinct, and like many spanish breaks, your never 2 mins from a tourist shop or a bar!

The purple turtle which is mentioned in many revues is a typical english bar! great food reasonable prices for the whole family, and only 2 mins frm the apartment! Our favourite restaurant was the New World chinese! its delicious the staff see to your every need and the service was by far the best we recieved our whole stay! You must go there, the portions are huge!

The water park is also a great day out although we had been told it wasnt worth going to! its definatley for all the family.

Over all our stay was pleasant/satisfactory for a self catering break in a small apartment block, be prepared for uphill walking your definatley get fit on your holiday!

its a lovely 1 week break but i couldnt stay for any longer!

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: A great place for a family to stay, it is what you make of it!
by kjh1989

aquarius 2010 "exelent value 4 money"

"if u r on a budget an like your food this is the place 4 u.i cant understand any bad reviws on food it was fab.i dont eat much meat but i did here,beef,pork,turkey were all delish an if u a man ud b in heavan as my partner was u can stuff yourself stupid,always fresh fruit,salad,pasta,fish.4 kids endless ice cream in little tubs,mealtimes little squares of jelly an blamonge,my girls loved 2 get a plate empty 2 out an make their own creation wiv sauces an sprinkles.staff were gr8 wiv the kids,very hard workin an happy even tho theyd had a paycut due 2 hard times,as someone has said u wud not get all this at butlins.the only prob's wiv the place is its on a slope cud b a prob if u have young kids wiv buggies,just depends on how much u want a cheep but good value hol,1 thing i noticed they were v good at movin u if u werent happy,i neva saw a cockroach my mum did by the pool but it was delt wiv,we neva saw in appt some did but always dealt wiv.step's cud b a prob but we had my 72yr mum an 7&4yr girls so askd in advance 4 2nd floor as didnt want ground,we arrived 12.15 an didnt expect 2 get in strait away,we had 203&204 on a little landing was gr8 kids cud run bk an 4 only prob 2 start mums room wasnt ready til 6pm not a prob til that changed 2 nxt day as people had payed 2 stay longer an no maids available 2 clean,we were offered the one below but mum felt safer in ours so we spent 1 nite below which didnt bother us next day we moved her in she let the girls have the bedroom an slept on setee an wasnt comfee her bed was up against the wall in lounge so i just got it down rearranged the same as ours an she was happy the bathroom was alot bigger than ours,they arnt especially pretty but shower was gr8 they put out soap bubble bath sewin kit,toothbrush&shoeshine bathcap lol,i think hoteur is a top group but the aquarius is prob abit run down due 2 age as its in old town.i saw 1 just down from water pk but i bet it will b alot more money, now the pool-very deep very cold once u r in its ok its just gettin in kiddies pool ok if i was in apt an mum off shoppin i had no fear of my 7yr goin down as life guard was there 10-6 i was told if he saw towels on beds not bin used hed take em off entertainer-andreas is brill if your young girls travelin 2getha he's lush good fun does bingo,music quiz,killer pool,gets all ages involved,all nationalities he's a very clever young man an speaks several languages,bingo is free and he is given limited prizes so i get annoyed 2 hear i only got a t-shirt or cheep bottle wine-Hello its FREE wud u get da at butlins,dont fink so lol.The bar is a good place 2 chill afta eve meal wiv free drinks til 11pm an time 2 hit the strip taxi's about 3.50 andreas did games during the day an gaveout diplomas at nite which we all applauded,my girls loved the bird of prey an reptile showes just b aware each photo is 10 euro but that is only tm u put hand in pocket crisps r 2 euros tho there is a popcorn machine in lounge girls loved but again 2 euros they got if they ate there tea lol.on the whole i wud say a much betta hol than stayin at home or goin butlins beautiful views fab food friendly people go 4 it xx j armstrong frm sunny devon."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: yes definatly
by xena

1 2 36 »

Map for Bellevue Aquarius Closest airport: Lanzarote (ACE) 4.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Bellevue Aquarius
  • by The Sun

" Steak House In new Town on Pedestrian side of street above the Casino "