Canary Wharf Hotel

Service: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Canary Wharf Hotel

Wonderful in every way!!

"This is, by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed at! The room was excellent and so comfortable, and the bathroom was huge. I loved my stay here, and was sad to leave the place. I usually don't spend too much money on hotels while travelling because I am hardly in the hotel, but this one was totally worth it. For once, I did not feel the need to get out of bed early and was happy staying in. As it is it was cold and rainy in London. The hotel is also very close to the tube and quite a convenient walk. It was the highlight of my trip to London, and I highly recommend it if you don't mind paying the big bucks. BTW, the breakfast was pretty good too, which is not included in the hotel rate."

by pearlypg

first class hotel

"i stayed here with my husband and two small children for one night because my nephew's barmitzvah was taking place at the hotel.

We really could not fault either the function itself or the hotel.

It's in a fantastic setting and our very comfortable room overlooked the river.

Nice touches for children such as sweets and drinks delivered to them in the room, bath toys, mini bath robes and their own toiletries.

Superb leisure centre although it's worth noting that children can only swim between 9 and 11 so plan ahead for any family swims. All the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive.

The food was fantastic.

Every little detail was spot on.

Yes you are paying for the 5 star service, but they really did get everything right.

I know my sister and all her guests were delighted with the dinner and ball at the hotel - a really memorable evening for us all.

I would have loved to stay longer and hope to revisit - even though we only llive 20 minutes from Canary Wharf!

by luctons

Treated like Royalty at the Four Seasons, Canary Wharf

"After saving up an arm and a leg to surprise my partner on his life-beginning birthday(!) we checked into the Four Seasons and were treated like Royalty!

I had told them while booking that it was a "treat" two-night stay and organised Champagne in the room - I was pleasantly surprised to find they'd left him a birthday cake too! All staff incredibly helpful and polite......... its nice to pass a member of staff in a hotel corridor who remembers your name and asks if you're having a comfortable stay too - we felt like celebrities!

The room was tidy, clean and fresh, the bathroom the same - very deep bath and lovely shower - oh, just gorgeous! But then (sound of scratching record)......oh no.........the view. Or should I say, the carbunkle that was directly outside our third floor window blocking the view that I had specifically chosen this hotel for. When booking I had asked for as high a floor as possible so we could get the spectacular views of the Thames that I'd seen on the website - but unfortunately we got...........Holmes Place.

So, not really the Hotel's fault, but just so other travellers are aware, if you're going to use the Four Seasons, make sure you're well above the Third Floor otherwise your view will be the inhabitants of the gym as they walked the stairs (and wave at you while you are eating your breakfast).... and NOT the Thames!!!

Such a shame. But apart from that, a fantastic birthday experience.

by marfysarfy

A beacon of quality

"Stayed for a week given work requirements in Canary Wharf. Couldn't fault the hotel at all, excellent level of service, comfortable if uninspiring room, great bathroom and prompt room service. View over the river and the adjacent Holmes Place swimming pool were an added bonus.

As had to be at work by 6am, the Nespresso machine in the lobby with croissants made for an easy and welcome start to the day.

Holmes Place health club is state of the art but not a place for a lesiurely swim as this is for serious aquatics with lanes marked for different speeds. I suppose you could wander down in your robe but as it isn't physically attached to the hotel, would be a bit chilly for most of the year.

As they have a captive market in this bleak part of London, extras such as laundry are on the high side. Breakfast at £22 for Continental plus porridge seems extortionate, despite good presentation and attentive service.

Why on earth anyone would choose to stay here for anything other than business reasons completely eludes me. Handy for nothing, the area is a temple to high finance surrounded by urban dereliction. Perhaps the Olympics will rejuvinate the surrounding neighbourhoods but I very much doubt it. However, if you need to be in this bleak area purely for business, there is nowhere better than the Four Seasons.

by nowvoyager1

loved it

"great service.

stayed with my husband and 4 year old daughter. daughter got bath toys, games, welcome gift, milk and cookies, dvds, childrens bathrobe, etc. she and i felt like princesses.

by my3gifts

Wow, Loved this hotel

"We stayed here as we going to a concert at the O2 arena and this would be the most convenient hotel. It was also my 25th Birthday so we booked the 'Honeymoon' package which included Champagne, breakfast in the Quadrato restaurant, two Four Seasons bathrobes and a guaranteed late check out of 3:00pm. We arrived before the 3pm check in time, at 1:30pm, and were told that our room was ready. We were then asked what time we would like our champagne delivered to our room.

We were met from our taxi and our bags were carried over to reception we were then escorted upto our room. Upon arrival we were told where our morning newspaper would be (hung to the left of our door) and where the hair dryer was but if I need a more powerful one to call down and one would be delivered to the room.

The view from our room was amazing, we could see the 'Gherkin' building, the top of the London Eye and various other sights.

Our champagne arrived slightly after our requested time, but I was not too bothered about this. Chocolate covered strawberries also arrived, very summery!

Upon our return from the concert we had some drinks in the bar and we were in shock as we saw the man who we had just seen in the concert having a bite to eat and some drinks!

When we went upto our bedroom we were surprised to find our bed covered in rose petals and our bath and sink surrounded by the same. On the bed was also a card advising of the following days weather forecast, which was very handy as our weather has been very unpredictable!

My husband used the gym in the morning and he wasn't bowled over by the gym equipment, but he does work for Life Fitness so he could be a bit biased! Upon leaving the gym he was given a new towel and was given some more water without asking, this is the little things that leave a big impression.

The following morning we had a wonderful cooked breakfast in the morning and the staff were very attentive, with more drinks.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and would love to stay here again, as the Four Seasons is a major chain but we never felt like we were just a number like we have felt at other "5" star hotels in London.

by Aims1982

Outstanding Hotel in Canary Wharf

"Outstanding Hotel

First class hotel overlooking the Thames -- if you have to be stuck in Canary Wharf for Business -- you couldnt do better! First class Four Season ameneties all the way. Room are spacious, service is excellent. Breakfast is very good, newspapers, wide variety. Ubon by Nobu is in the complex -- outstanding Japanese food. The gym is ok -- great machines -- just a little small. There is a first class pool however.

I have stayed here 4 times on business and always look forward to returning when working at Canary Wharf!

by MJSKS

Nice break away

"Stayed at the Four Seasons for my wifes 50th birthday, and mostly enjoyed. Room service was attentive, and quick - food, extra pillows, a sewing kit. Only bad part was one waiter who really strung it out waiting for a tip...

A nice touch was that the hotel provided a bottle of champagne and a cake for my wife (cheaper than an upgrade I suppose, but well received nontheless)

Pool at Holmes Place really lovely according to my wife, but a little bit of a walk (not nice in the rain) to get here - out the front lobby and then back around to the river side of the hotel.

One niggle, when my father in law booked in - he was offered a suite at £75 per night extra. We would have taken up this offer, had it been offered. Clearly we don't fit the demographic!

Reading it back, this seems like a negative review, but we really enjoyed being there, and would think aout going back

by UKtraveller

Truly fantastic!

"An excellent choice for the first leg of my European Christmas trip.

Great location, as hotel only ten minutes from LCY airport.

First impressions from; reception, door staff and concierge were consistently of the highest standards throughout my stay.

by travelfairyBDA

Amazing service, beautiful Hotel

"Just returned from a stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Canary Wharf, London. The hotel is beautiful, and the staff is amazing. Yes, the hotel is located in the business district of London (about 60 minutes from Heathrow by car), but it is a great option. As always the staff was friendly, and very welcoming (sometime that really puts Four Seasons ahead of the game). We only stayed 2 nights, since it was a "lay-over" from our trip to Italy.

Now remember, this is a city hotel, so expect a corporate atmosphere. The location is within Canary Wharf, which is London's new business district (Bank of America, Lehman Brothers, HSBC, FTSE, Morgan Stanley, etc. all have their European headquarters here at Canary Wharf). There is a large underground mall below the office buildings, and a tube stop as well. Plus within the shopping mall, there are many restaurants (some casual, some upscale, and fast food options). One nice thing is that the Thames Clipper stops at the pier at Canary Whaf so you can take the clipper up to the Savoy Pier if you want to go to Harrod's (about 25 minute ride on-way).

The hotel is modern, with wonderful large rooms with a "box window seat". Huge bathrooms, especially for London.

by aztroon