Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel

Enter your dates:

Good value by babeyrachel

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night in November 2005.

The hotel is not as near to Kings Cross as you might think - it took around 15 minutes to walk there.

It cost around £75 for a room with two double beds (no breakfast) which seemed good value for London.

The staff were not particularly helpful - refusing to book us a taxi and advising us to "stand outside until one came along".

The rooms were clean and presentable, if slightly dated.

However, if you're looking for a good value hotel within central London this is fine.

We Enjoyed Our Stay by jmdesigns

We stayed over Thanksgiving 2005. 2 adults, 1 10 year old and a 16 year old. The rooms are small but clean. We did have some trouble with the temp. - too hot in the room! The staff was friendly and appearted to be mostly Polish! The pool was a nice addition. Breakfast is pricey so take advantage of the in-room refrig. and visit a local store for roll, cheese, meats and juice. I didn't find the neighborhood disturbing in the least. My 16 year old daughter and I walked home in the dark from the train station no problem. Never saw any druggies or ladies of the night! Maybe the don't come out in the cold! The advice about the bus to kings cross station was right on and very easy!. Just come out the hotel door and make a left, walk maybe 1/2 a block and presto. You can pay the driver or use your travel pass. One driver didn't have change for 20 pound note and just waved us onto the bus anyway! The Union pub across the street from the hotel was family friendly and had super food - the sunday roast beef or lamb dinner was fab! Adventure out the hotel door to the right and follow kings cross rd past the royal mail (keep it on your right) for a block or 2 and you will discover a street of small restaurants, a starbucks (they have one like every 1/2 block in London) and some other shops. We ate at the Kolossus greek restaurant on our last night and had a great feast. We were stuffed. The place was packed even after 9pm. This area turns residential so it appeared to be locals eating here.

I'd visit here again!

GREAT HOTEL by MACLEASK

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the end of October, beginning of November 2005 and it was of excellent standard. Well worth the money we paid for the room and the room service was excellent too. We ordered a meal, which was delivered to the room quickly and it was piping hot and of a high standard. The staff were helpful and taxis were outside on the morning of our departure so we didn't have to worry about getting to the train station. The only down side is that the hotel is quite a bit of a walk from the tube and rail station at Kings Cross but the standard outweighs this small inconvenience. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Fantastic hotel excellent value for money by A TripAdvisor Member

After reading the other reviews i was worried about this hotel but i wonder if we are all talking about the same hotel. For holiday inn standards this was excellent and i have never ben dissapointed by holiday inn before. the staff were most helpfull and lovely with my two children with whom i was travelling alone.the decor was very sumptious and housekeeping were helpfull and so efficient only about five minutes for extra pillows etc.The pool and gym looked very inviting but we just didnt have time to use.Its within easy walking distance of kings cross station and about a seven pound taxi ride to oxford circus..depending on traffic.Iwould deffinately recomend this hotel and will return again should i visit london any time s oon.There is a lovely bar area that has some really comfy settees and although a little pricey no more so than other hotel bars. we paid £80 inc full english breakfast which was also gorgeous and meant we didnt eat again till evening. mmmmm croissants and jam and bacon and eggs and you get the idea.

advantages offset inconvenient location. has great Indian food by peterjames2000

I have stayed here on 5-6 occasions. This is usually the cheapest Central London hotel with reasonable pool, sauna and steam room - although these can get crowded sometimes. A £2.50 use fee has also been introduced since my last stay. I have never had problems with room size or a/c. There is a British and a South Indian (Rasa) restaurant on the premises - Rasa has plain surroundings but exceptionally good and reasonably priced Keralan food (their other branches in London and Newcastle are judged very highly in food guides). Highly recommended if you like this cuisine. There are also several other reasonable restaurants and pubs within 100 metres. The hotel is very convenient for Kings Cross/St Pancras/Euston stations - about a 15 minute walk (certainly safe with care up to 11pm - probably after also but have never done it late) or 63 bus ride. It is remote from tourist locations, however - don't consider if you want to nip in and out of your hotel room during the day.

Very pleasant stay by TraderJoe911

We stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn to visit the Frida Kahle exhibition at Tate Modern. The room was pretty small but very clean. Air condition was effective, staff very friendly. We booked through Hotwire and payed about $70 a night for a double room, this is quite a bargain. Location is great in a quiet residential neighbourhood. There are a few good restaurants and a couple of grocery stores just around the corner. The undergound station is just 3 minuted away, the trip to central London takes about 10 minutes. We would definately stay at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury again.

Excellent base - friendly staff, good sized rooms by A TripAdvisor Member

After reading other reviews about this hotel, I was beginning to wonder if I had made a grave mistake in booking it for our family weekend away in London. I didn't relish the thought of walking long distances to the tube stations and not being very familiar with London, I didn't have a CLUE about buses etc.

I would like to say a very big thank you to the person who advised about the number 63 bus (see earlier review). We used it several times a day to commute between the hotel & Kings Cross station. Although Farringdon and Russell Square are closer to the hotel if you are walking - they are both a good 10 minute walk away. Kings Cross is about a 30 min walk (I would guess). However, a few yards from the hotel is a bus stop... catch the number 63 and it will drop you off right outside Kings Cross Station (and from there you can get to pretty much anywhere!). Likewise, on the way back - you can get the same bus right outside the station to return back to the hotel....just REMEMBER to press the 'stop' button to request the bus to stop as it is not a regular stop (although we almost always had other people getting off with us).

So, DON'T be put off with the reviews about the out-of-the-way location of this hotel. Providing you don't mind catching a bus to the station - it's ideal! What I would say though - if you are planning to do a lot of tube or bus travelling, buy your travelcard from Kings Cross station the night before (for the following day) that way you can use your travelcard on the bus from the hotel the next morning. A day travelcard for 2 adults & 2 children on a Sat & Sun was costing us a little over £6 - an absolute bargain considering the number of times we used it! (good for buses and tube trains).

The hotel itself is a darn sight cheaper than most other London hotels too! (We paid £78 per room - with 2 queen beds, en-suite etc). We booked direct through the Holiday Inn website.

Our room was larger than we imagined, airy and considering it was 26c outside - wonderfully cool inside. I read a review here about the rooms being hot and stuffy - but ours was well air-conditioned. No problems at all. Bathroom was clean and other than a small hole in one of the bedspreads - the rest of the furnishings & decor were of a good standard.

Our room also overlooked the large Royal Mail sorting office - but who spends their entire stay looking out of the window? I was just happy to have a nice large, clean & quiet room in which to stay.

A definate 'thumbs-up' for this Holiday Inn - and thanks for a great stay. We will DEFINATELY be back to stay with you the next time we visit London.

Nice hotel but..... by Cat21

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband and 2 kids and we have to say the hotel was lovely if not for a few flaws. Firstly we hired a car and had to pay £20 per night for parking which in London you would come to expect! The only thing is the car park if you can call it that is tiny and you have to get a member of staff to let you in to a space. On a couple of occasions we where kept waiting for 10 or 15 mins and you have to keep moving to let taxi's round. Air con was rubbish although we didnt think it was a feature of the room and you could not open the windows in the room which left you feeling very groggy and head- achey! I notice a lot of people giving out about over charging and we where not exempt. We were overcharged £40 for parking so keep an eye on you bill. Would'nt stay there again.

Excellent! by 20schick

I got this hotel through priceline for under $100. It was a large room for London standards in what seemed like a new modern hotel. The walk to the subway wasn't that big of a deal and you pass other tourists as this residential neighborhood seemed quite quiet. You pass a few places to eat, but Kings Cross is such a huge intersection that you can find lots of places there to eat too. Across the street from the hotel is the Travelodge. Lots of buses and trains intersect at Kings Cross that it's really such a convenient place to stay. The bathroom was a good size and clean. I was very happy staying here and would stay here again!

Dreadful by A TripAdvisor Member

This is a hotel you want to miss. Credit card balance instantly reserved for double the room price and left reserved even after your account was debited so you keep having a smaller balance than you should. Faucets leek all night long, the only restaurant is Indian, the hotel is quite a long way from public transportation stops, views face the Royal Mail sorting center. Not worth its price.

Read 602 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel

Stayed at Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel also called

• holiday inn kings cross
  • holiday inn london
  • london holiday inn
  • Address: 1 Kings Cross Rd, London WC1X 9HX, United Kingdom

Map for Holiday Inn Kings Cross Hotel Closest airport: London City (LCY) 7.3 miles