Vera Club TMT

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Vera Club TMT

Enter your dates:

1 2 3 »
“Disappointing hotel, needs updating desperately. Look elsewhere” by Paul B

Vera hotel is no way a 5 star hotel. More likely 3 and that's just for its location. We arrived at midnight and were shown to our room or should I say cell miles away from reception up hills steps lift There was a balcony with room for 1 chair the garden view was a lonely piece of ivy dangling down a wall the other two windows both faced walls no view at all. Was supposed to be a family room. Walk in door there was a filthy bathroom still had previous occupants hairs on the floor sink and bath. Bedroom to left bedroom to right moldy ceilings damp on walls. No where to sit. We complained and were moved to a different room the next day a little better than the first.

Air conditioning was really poor we did complain on numerous occasions but still same when we left. They turn all electricity off for a minute or so around 2am because when it comes back on the air con doesn't. The bath and toilet leaked. Spoke to other English people and they all said they had similar experiences. Try find a different hotel would not recommend at all.

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Hotel rooms need to be renewed

Stay away by Paul B

Just came back from my holiday with my wife and my 2 daughters and we had a very bad experience Very poor, would not recommend -

The worst thing about this place is the rooms are dated and dirty mold on the ceilings in the bathroom the bath leaks u need your wellies after a bath / shower the air con is terrible doesn't work in the rooms, the restaurant and rarely in the reception area. You will notice there are always people at the desk complaining there was even a lady there crying at the state of her room.

We are giving a true account of our visit to this hotel the one good thing is the hotel is on its own rocky beach.

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Hotel in need of renovation

NEGATIVE by tyzer20

I have stayed at the tmt before and had a wonderful holiday, but oh dear returned there this year and it was terrible, if you are not on th ground floor which we wasnt the accomodation is tired and dated and not clean, we were without hot water for 3 days and nights, can you believe they ran out of heating oil, and had to wait for a delivery, we were the furthest away and the telephone didnt work the whole time, the food was not great, passable but thats about it, entertainment and alcohol shocking, stay away, not good value for money

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: stay away

Not 5 star!! Absolute nightmare. Do not go here!! by SotonARC26

We went on this holiday as a group of 13 after finishing our A-level exams.

Firstly, the good points. The hotel looked beautiful and it was a brilliant location being right next to the sea, and outside of the town centre, so it was quieter . The pool is very big and the entertainment was good in the evening and in the daytime. The sun lounger and towel service was good. We were allowed one meal at the a la carte restaurant as part of our all inclusive package which was very good.

The bad points. I have to say first of all, the hotel was certainly not a five star. When we arrived, our accommodation was assigned and we were given a small dark and dingy room which was 3 star. Eventually we were given a villa after moaning. But even then, the shower smelt of sulphur the whole time and it spit out brown fluid all over me whilst showering. Hardly any of the staff could speak any english so it was very difficult to communicate when we had a problem with the accommodation The facilities were poor, for example, most of the equipment in the gym wasnt working and there was only 4 pieces of equipment in it. In addition, the tennis rackets were bent and in very poor condition, and we even got pushed off the court by the hotel staff as they wanted to play. The pool tables and the ping pong tables were also in poor condition. Also, the quality and choice of the food was very poor, the same food everyday which was very turkish, not international. There wasnt even any ketchup!!

And I think its worth pointing out that 12 of 13 of us suffered from stomach problems and food poisoning during our stay which very much ruined our holiday for all of us. I dont think this could be down to anything other than the fact there is poor food hygiene standards in the restaurants due to the fact nearly all of us got it. we made friends with some other people and they also had stomach problems. In addition, we watched the cleaner clean our room and he cleaned the toilets before making our beds and then he swept all the shower room water through our rooms.

Overall, I would say that this hotel is not worth the money you pay, it is not four star in our eyes and I wouldnt risk the all inclusive packages in Turkey.

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook

Fantastic Hotel by Milos Gran

We stayed at the Vera Club for 7 nights from 4th September.

Before booking the holiday I had read the reviews on various sites and found them to be very positive. However, after I made the booking, the reviews became quite critical and negative. This worried me, especially as I had booked this holiday for me, my sister and two friends.

We arrived quite late in the night. We were met at the reception by the night porter and a young man who was responsible for taking our cases to the room.

The room was in the annex….up the dreaded stairs described in the previous reviews. (I’ll come back to them).

We had two bedrooms….one with a double bed and one with twin beds. The furniture in the room was dark, giving it the appearance of being old. The room was nevertheless clean and very comfortable.

It had air conditioning we could operate manually. There was a safe in the room…both of these were free. (By the way, the air con only works when the doors and window are shut)

Because of the lateness we went straight to sleep. When we woke early the next day, we discovered that whilst the balcony in our room was quite small, the door to the room led out to a veranda which had the most amazing views. This was equipped with chairs, were we sat in the evenings and took in the view.

The hotel was fantastic…..the grounds were spotless, the gardens amazing.

The food, which was almost constantly served, was first class. If someone wants cordon bleu or al a carte meals, then perhaps this wouldn’t suit you but if you know that before you go, then you won’t be disappointed and will definitely have plenty of choice. I read some reviews complaining about this and wonder what on earth people wanted…..there was enormous choice, for all meals….the chefs also cooked some meals fresh outside the main restaurant…..in the morning, you could get pancakes, fried eggs, omelettes etc. The choice at other meal times varied.

The deserts were absolutely gorgeous….if you go there on a diet, you’ll be in trouble!!!!!

The entertainment in the evening was very good….I was pleasantly surprised….I thought it would be a bit cabaret and drag artist, but it was far from it. After the show, there was a disco or music on the beach in the evenings….this was good fun….if you don’t take lift too seriously.

There is a lot more to the hotel than the big pool outside the main hotel. There are 3 other pools….one of them is a fresh water pool. To access these, you need to go up the stairs to the back of the hotel…..just ask.

I read a lot about the dreaded stairs before I left & I think because of what I read made them far worse….when in fact they weren’t too challenging at all. There is a lift which will take you half way up anyway….be warned though…this lift will only carry 6 people…any more and it stops. Some people overloaded the lift and got struck….serves them right!!!!

Our room was spotless…the maids came in daily and changed our towels…..ok they weren’t big white fluffy ones but they certainly served the purpose. We were given cards so that we could have a change of beach towels each day.

As anyone who has ever gone on an “all inclusive” trip will know, the drinks served are local….we drank a variety of spirits, wine and beer….not all at the same time….and they were fine. Bottled water was included, which is a rarity. The cocktails were a bit Russian roulette but were fun trying to find a good one.

The staff work phenomenal amount of hours and always have a smile on their face….I don’t know how they do it.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and if given the opportunity, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Bodrum is a lovely place. The people were very polite…we got no hassle at all. The market can be a bit stressful. A word of warning….definitely haggle, don’t hand over your money until the goods are in your hand and if buying clothes, check the size you want is the size you get!!!.

Book about trip down on the Pier. Thomas Cook charge about £30.00 more and the trips are identical.

We flew with Thomas cook. Both flights were on time but planes are tiny….very uncomfortable. Leg room minimal….a big person would get cramp.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Great hotel, good location. Fantastic people.

fab holiday by kirsty1

This is my second visit to the Vera club and was over the moon with my holiday yet again the food is fabulous always a good choice and variety Evan if your not adventurous and don't want to try the countries cuisine there's always pizza chips and traditional english dishes.The choice of deserts are out of this world and delicious.The rooms are pretty basic but at the end of the day there only fore sleeping in. There very clean and you get fresh towels every day you also get a card for a beach towel which you can change as many times as you like throughout the day.The swimming pools are large although cold the weather is so hot its refreshing and i was there in October it was still 32 degrees the staff very helpful and friendly. There's always a good show and disco in the evenings with live music in the garden bar if that's not your thing but if your a younger person and want good night life i would suggest that you go before the middle of September as the season ends in October and things are quiting down i will definitely be going back for the third time next year

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: very good for shopping be prepared to haggle
  • Activities: the boat trips are very beautiful and cheap

Service with a smile by loobylooby

A wonderful relaxing holiday in idyllic surroundings. The Club Vera TMT is within walking distance of Bodrum AND on the sea-front.

Rooms are quiet and comfortable, nothing luxurious but quite acceptable.

The staff are really helpful and obliging. Reception staff organised 2 excursions at cheap rates, getting the tickets faxed for us. The barmen willingly make you a cocktail with "all-inclusive" ingredients. Efes beer fine-plus we recommend the rose wine- on tap! Lots of bars and "help-yourself" drink staions,a boon with all that sun!

We thought we would miss ham/bacon, but enjoyed a wide variety of food- roast lamb stood out.Plenty of meat/chicken/salads/veg/cheeses/fruit and dessrts a-plenty.

The pool area is simply fabulous. We found the pool with slides great fun! Plenty of space and pretty gardens.

In-house entertainment OK, the usual Children's disco early evening, then a variety of shows. We saw Chinese acrobats,Russian dancers, a magician etc. Mostly English used here, surprising as few British tourists. Have to say that children of other nationalities seem much better behaved- a sad reflection on us Brits!

All in all highly recommended.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Activities: Ephesus-amazing, and Dalyan, (mud-baths + river cruise + turtle beach visit). Long trips but fab...

good food by jodieshaz

The rooms are basic,but clean same room as you get anywhere on the med.The choise and quality of food on offer was very good, some thing for everyone.Very good for families as there is activities on all day.No problem getting served drinks,there are a lot of staff employed at the vera club.It's an easy 10 mins walk into Bodrum centre

tnt vera by fagey8288

the accomodation, was clean and decent, staff wonderful, food fatastic, and the variety, i have since visited turkey thinking all were like this and believe me there not, really had a wonderful time

• Holiday details: Jun 2007, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson

Great Holiday by paul1

stayed here sept 2008 for 14 days and found the apartments although basic very good . we had a 2nd floor apart.(46)with good view of pool area,everything was clean and well look after and the location of the apartments was good also, just a short walk from the beach,restaurants,shops and bars.many a good night spent in Gallion 2 just at bottom of hill turn left,good breakfasts too.If wanting self catering or room only accommidation would recommend the Plaza Palmera.

An excellent hotel for all. Plenty of... by HR Bardon

An excellent hotel for all. Plenty of activities for those who wanted them, yet a great place to relax too. Could not wish for better facilities. Had one slight problem with the bath on one day, apart from that a faultless stay. A tranquil and restful hotel within reach of the busy Bodrum nightlife which carries on well into the morning hours. Food and Drink were plentiful and superb.

I defy anyone to find fault with this hotel. I would definately return and even more definately recommend it to all.

Vera was fantastic.

Hello, I have just got back from the... by R Wood

Hello, I have just got back from the Vera Club TMT and was very impressed. We just wanted a cheap holiday, all inclusive, swimming pool, sea and sun that's it! And the TMT really did fulfil that and more.

Thomas Cook: Rep changed after one day and we didn't meet the 2nd rep, flight was cramped and food was very very basic, but you get what you pay for, films and tv where the only thing that got me though. Felt secure though that there was someone there, buses for pick ups and excursions were all on time and effective.

Accommodation: Basic and remember the sewage system isn't as good as ours so loo paper is put in a bin. Cleaned regularly so it doesn't pose an issue and you don't spend a lot of time there anyway! TV all in French so watched MTV channel ''pimp my ride and date my mom in french'' had BBC news but was fuzzy.

Restaurants: Main:boiled chicken, fresh bread, rice, potatoes, chips, cheesy bread, soups, spaghetti, fish, stew, only dessert is basic, this was ok for a week but if you were spending two weeks you may crave english food and eat out a bit. If you are not fussy you wont starve! no english breakfast or toast, meat is usually in the form of a frankfurter

Da Vinci: You have to book in advance at reception and be there for 8 unfortunately we didn't know this but was informed they provide a similar thing to the buffet.

Cafe: Lovely shaded area for the evening under the stars, beer is quite weak so getting drunk is difficult but its free so doesn't matter, there's a self service rose, white and red barrel always there as well, oh and free coffee necafe machines everywhere. Certain times in the afternoon there's a lovely lady who makes cheese or chocolate pancakes

Spa: Great value for money we got a turkish bath and 45min massage for 30 quid each

everything in the spa is great value for money and the staff are superb and non-pushy.

Staff: Lovely and understanding there is a bit of a language barrier though as mostly there are Russians and Belgiums in the hotel so they speak french but not very good english.

Bodrum: 25min walk up the road (you wouldn't think it), taxi cheap. You have to haggle for pretty much anything you buy. They take anything sterling, lira, euros, but there isn't a cash point in hotel you'd have to go to Bodrum.

Swimming: Pool and sea was great it was 30 degrees the whole week so its a good time of year to come, also not a lot of people made it romantic. The resort wasn't very busy so sun beds weren't a problem. There is a wooden walk way like a pier on the beach (private beach to the hotel) with massive bean bags on the end, romantic and original! canoes are free didn't find this out until last day, jet skis are a small fee. I imagine though if it was busy it could be very frustrating.

Disco: on the beach didn't go sounded good. Didn't go on too late but I imagine if your room was near the beach area you could hear it do don't opt for sea view!

Entertainment: Basic, aerobic around the pool, belly dancers in the evening. We missed the fire eaters and guy that can lie on swords which sounded good, if you don't want to get involved sit and watch from the balcony!!

Excursions: Dalayan Mud baths £27pp was an early start because it was 2.5 hours away but there are plenty of toilet breaks and food stops. Excellent guide funny and original spoke very good english. They kept all the English and Belguims separate so met english people from other hotels. Mud baths are brilliant you feel energised and then you go into a natural spring 38 degrees to wash off (does smell though but you get used to it) then a boat ride where they filmed ''the african queen' and palaces are carved in to the cliff side and time on turtle beach (no turtles this time of year though) go back a 7pm was a long day. but made the 7 day holiday longer.

Connections to airport: Because our flight was 0555 Sunday but we had to check out Saturday by 12. You can book 10 lira per hour you stay extra in the hotel or Thomas Cook offered a last day cruise excursion with one night acc in hotel closer to Bodrum airport. Cruise was a lovely day with free drinks and a nice meal. The hotel very very basic (no tv in room and shower room/toilet) but provided a free lovely last meal and had a huge screen for the sky football and rugby (which my bf was very happy about!).

Bodrum Airport: Appalling!! we felt like we where in a hurricane shelter full of smoke from cigarettes, cafe charged us 10 pounds for 2 drinks, luckily the wait was an hour but sitting on a freezing cold floor because it was sooo crowed was not nice.

Good for a romantic week of sun Lovely.

1 2 3 »

Stayed at Vera Club TMT? Share your insight.

Vera Club TMT also called

• TMT Vera Club Hotel
  • vera hotel bodrum
  • vera hotel tmt
  • Address: Icmeler Mevki Kumbahce Ataturk Cad. No:134 Bodrum Merkez, Bodrum 48400, Turkey

Map for Vera Club TMT Closest airport: Kos (KGS) 25.1 miles

Top traveller tips for Vera Club TMT
  • by fagey8288

" only ate at the hotel because the food was too good, to pay to eat out "

• by loobylooby

" Intersting for the Castle, the Mausoleum, the Market and shopping. "

• by SotonARC26

" Use the coloured buses called Dolmuses to get around to center and beyond. Very cheap. "