Cala Azul Esmeralda Apartment

Good

Service: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Cala Azul Esmeralda Apartment

1 2 3 »
its a bit tired but putting on a brave face

"careful esmeralda gargens has NO beach,NO entertainment,bar beside pool closed at 6pm, many people we saw checking in were very upset,we also thought we were going to be by the sea but no we were put in esmeralda gradens turned out lucky really as its away from lots of excited children,but then a big walk in the mornings for food at main hotel, main big problem is eden bar the brutal killing of songs every night untill midnight was just to much, the sound system ensured you got full blast even with ear plugs head under a pillow and guess what they repete the same singers after a few days so if you there for 2 weeks you can hear pretend rod stewart, abba ( 2 girls no men) 3 -4 times!!

the hotel was having the inside walls touched up with white paint so take care as no warning signs put out, your room key if you have i phone blackberry near it then it wipes out the chip on the key card so you can't get in your room staff not pleased to give you another key card, top tip ask for 2 cards that way you can leave one in room to keep air con on whilst you out.

beds are bad you wont get much rest far to hard, a stone floor would have more give. for sleeping try the sofa its a long sponge.

by j moores

Just got back August 2010

"Just a few things to add - We took advice from previous reviews and made sure we were booked into the Cala Azul Park apartments. Nice and quiet at night, except for noise from some holiday makers who decided the re-arrange furniture at 1:00 am most mornings. You can ask to be transferred to the Cala Esmerelda for you food - just 200 metres away, but not as busy as the Azul, and greater selection of food. A LOT of competition for the sunbeds - had to be up at 6:40 a.m. each day to reserve as by 8:00 a.m.they had all gone! Take a trip on the "Wally Trolley" when you first get there to find your bearings (takes an hour). We arrived very late 11:30 p.m., but Azul make a cold buffet and soft drinks available for late arrivals. Drinks at meal time in the evening cannot be paid for by cash - you need to give your card details at the start of your stay, however when you settle your bill at the end of your stay you can pay by card or euros. Thomas Cook do not have duty free alchohol available on the aircraft, and they rip you off on the exchange rate if you pay by Euros for any items you pay for on the aircraft.

Every thing else okay - we had a good holiday.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Half board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Plenty for families
by oldtoyboy

Kids will have best time ever which lets the parent relax more :-)

"We went here with our 2 children one and 14 years old. I read all reviews before booking as I noticed there were lots of offers on this hotel and sometimes this can be a bad sign....all I can say is it was a great place to stay with safe area for teens to walkabout.there are 3 parts to this hotel all about 1 minute walking distance from each other.On arrival we were placed into the azul gardens I was very impressed,the pool was spotless not too crowded and the roms were big and cleaned everyday with vacuum cleaners.Fresh towels left 6 days a week. :-)

The entertainment was in one of the other complex which might upset some people placed in the other 2 complexes but to be honest you don't miss much as this was one of the downfall with the apartments.The entertainment was based around the rep's in the evening which were not the best of shows.My teen went to dive into the beach daily which is next to the main apartments just a small cove of beach but beautiful.There are another 2 beaches within 5 mins walk.The only other downfall would be there are mainly germans and dutch here who don't speak alot of english and they were up at the crack of dawn to take the beds,the latest you will get a bed will be 10am with no parasol as they have been taken by the early risers and I mean early....A must do is to take the animation train outside the apts and see some of cala d'or,this runs every hour and will also stop for you at the supermarket and come back and collect you.I hope this has helped you decide on this hotel but all in all I would say the safest and cleanest resort i have been in afew years and you will not worry about enough to entertain the kids with as there are lots of parks and rides for kids within walking distance...and excellent weather helps you enjoy it more.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: very child friendly spot with lots to do around the area
by claire

misleading

"we booked the esmeralda apartments online, it stated on the thomas cook website that they had everything you could want for the perfect holiday for adults and children, our kids were at the time 16 and 13. What they didn't state clearly was you might not be staying in the esmeralda. We found out on arrival that we were in the azul gardens it had a reception that only two people could stand in at any time, and a poolside bar/cafe that closed at 6pm that was all there was to do. Any time you had a problem and asked for the rep(cris)he seemed to dissappear for a few days. So incase anybody is thinking of booking find out before you go were you are staying its very misleading, we watched the new arrivals face drop when they saw were they were staying, it was clean but it really would only suit retired couples. Very Very misleading just check before you go!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2007, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: its a bit far from everything were kids are concerned
  • Activities: the marina had great restaurants
by ymcd44

Absolutely fantastic. Cleanest, most...

"Absolutely fantastic. Cleanest, most comfortablest apartments we've ever been in. Would definately return."

by Ross

well what can i say, this is the...

"well what can i say, this is the best, if not the best hotel i have ever been to in majorca.

It is by far the best in cala d'or.

The Hotel is a 5 star in my opinion, the beautiful views, entertainment, friendly reps & staff, cleanliness everythink is just amazing.

It suits every type of person, young and old alike.

We had a big family holiday with me, my wife a teenager, toddler, my mum and dad and everyone wants to go back even my littlen loved it.

The rooms were cleaned everyday, the food was great and the entertainment was very good, you dont have to really leave the hotel at night as it has everythink.

i would advise you to get a sea view as it is worth it and would say get down to the beach early as it can get very crowded but that is what you can expect on every beach. The beach was gorgeous and you can also sunathe on the cliffs surrounding.

The only probem i had was the fact that there were never any sun loungers available around the pool, as people would put there towels down sometimes before 6am and never came back til 10am or later.

Apart from that this hotel is everythink you would ever want in a holiday

I would recommend it to anyone, we have already booked again for the end of august.

Hope this helps..

by DM Masey

Just got back from holiday 05/06/08...

"Just got back from holiday 05/06/08 the complex was fantastic , everything about it was spot on , we have a 6 yr old who thougt the place was great , the rooms were very clean and cleaned every day, only a ten min stroll took you to the main part of town which had a vast number of bars/restaurants, we only stayed for 7 nights and could not possibly eat in every place that was there, a land train stopped outside the apts which took you to the beaches etc do not know the price as we never used it, there was night time entertainment for the kids as well as day time activities too, overall I would recommend this place to anyone with a young family as there were no young groups, because there are no night clubs to speak of.The staff were extremely helpful at all times. everything in and around the apts closed at midnight so sleepless nights were not a problem."

by G Megson

The complex is 5 parts, we stayed at...

"The complex is 5 parts, we stayed at esmerlda park, our room was lovely but dont forget your own kettle. Rooms were cleaned well. The entertainment was brilliant the entertainment team were out standing. The only minor point was the food, as is mainly germans there the food was catered for there needs, so we eat out. The beaches were cleaned every day and the sea is so clear.

Have been going to cala d or for 25 years thee appartments are the best yet.

by Claire Swan

I would like to add my comment re...

"I would like to add my comment re these apartments... (Esmeralda Garden apt)... one of the earleir comments was from my sister Mrs C Harnell... and I echo what she wrote EXACTLY.... what some of the other comments didnt show was that these apartments are part of the larger Esmeralda Park etc apartment block which is about 200 yards away from the garden ones, we always believed they were very superior being more expensive.... and we were given a free breakfast voucher to use up there.... but we found it so busy being much larger, and kind of lacked the personal touch of the gardens site one...we were very happy we had decided to book the gardens complex....Actually, I have just found this comment my sister wrote, as I am about to book the gardens complex for 2009..... DEF recommend it.. :)"

by DM Scott

This hotel is the best hotel in Cala...

"This hotel is the best hotel in Cala Dor and is located on the beach of the best cove in the area. It is FANTASTIC. Now you know when you read reviews and you don’t know whether to believe them; well this one you should because we are an average family who just stays in average hotels and we loved it.

The apartments had all the essentials and were very clean and the best shower ever. The balconies were huge. Sea view ones are excellent so there worth paying extra for. There are plenty of pools around the resort but sun beds have to be reserved early in a morning. The beach is so picturesque and the town and marina are lovely. There is a real buzz about the place.

The boat trip from the cove of Cala Esmeralda can be very rocky and the sea can be misleading as we found out, but it was a fun experience. The waterpark at El Arenal is an experience that should not be missed, there is plenty of shade and all the rides have lifeguards and is the best waterpark we've ever been to; even if you don't like rides. A trip to Palma is excellent. We went on one with Roig bus company, this cost us only 18 euros for adults and 9 euro for children and is fabulous. You can book these excursions throughout the town and are very reliable.

There are so many eating places in Cala Dor and although not the cheapest they have some of the best food I’ve ever had on the island. When exchanging money be careful because some of the places say 0% commission but there is a hidden commission at an extortionate price, so make sure you work out how much you should get. Eating at the marina is a must because the views are fantastic.

You've got to go because I wish I was - believe me the hotel and resort are great. Reps are very helpful too. You’ll have a ball, have fun!

by R Allan

Stayed at this appt in Cala D’or...

"Stayed at this appt in Cala D’or for 10 days, with my hubby and son 17yrs daughter 14. Also sister and her large family.

Very central in Cala dor, numerous eateries bars and tavernas on the doorstep. Lovely and clean appt with all the facilities you need for self catering, the large pool very clean and the staff clean all areas of pools every morn and eve.

The pool area never got too busy always plenty of sunbeds to occupy. Cleaners in room every day and reception staff always ready to help with any queries.

Been to Cala D'Or seven times and would definitely return to this appt complex. Pool bar only open 11am till 3pm, but that was ok as supermarket over the road and loads of places to visit for drinks or just bring your own from fridge!

Being central leads to many shopping areas and bars etc (not too loud and they shut music down at 12 so great for kids who like to sleep. Numerous beaches on hand loads to do and other bars such as red lion which open till late are a good alternative if you like a boogie. We know Cala D’or like the back of our hands and it’s the prettiest resort there is, I’m sure there is something for everyone and its quiet flat for pushchairs etc. Enjoy!!

Ask for pool view ring appt day before you go and request as these are the more spacious appt, also my niece ordered a cot and it was lovely and big for little one.

by C Harnell

This is a wonderful place to stay at....

"This is a wonderful place to stay at. Many bars, good night-life and friendly staff. One of the best places I have ever stayed in!"

by F Dranker

1 2 3 »

Map for Cala Azul Esmeralda Apartment Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 29.8 miles