Morro Mar Apartments

Stayed at Morro Mar Apartments?

Share your opinion.

Value: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Morro Mar Apartments

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Not a winge food is dreadfull

" Genuine review, from an honest couple.

Good points,

Hotel and rooms clean,

Staff quite helpful,

Pool and surrounding area was nice ( well prior to the slobs who leave chips, bottles, and plates all over because their too lazy to use the bins)

Bad points

Room was well used and battered ( badly needed an update )

Entertainment poor

Location could be described as poor, but good if you want to be away from the main centre of town

But the worst part of the place if you go all inclusive is the food. This is not a whinge from somebody who got a deal on the internet and then expected 5 star dining, seriously the food is terrible, and this is coming from somebody who has never complained about food in 30 years of going abroad on holiday

by mike71

Picky People

"Right I am sick off reading so many negative comments off this place some people are so pcky and fussy and expect to be staying in a palace. I have stayed in these apartments twice both times were great. The apartments are very spacious(even family members who were staying in a different resort couldnt get over the how big and spacious they were) the and spotless clean. The resort area itself is lovely. I however never ate or drank here as i preferred to go down to the town square for dinner and drinks as it is more lively and there is more variety. People ho moan about the food, entertainment etc should have gone out a bit more(not like its expensive) its so cheap. The only people who could comlain is people which children as I dont think there was much entertainment. Other than that anyone who doesnt have children shouldnt complain. You are on your holidays so venture out you do not need to stay in the same place and do everything there the entire time once you have a nice clean bed to stay at night happy days.

Matagorda itself is just fab and have been there 4 times.

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
by stephersxx

Very very poor

"We have just returned from these apartments never again.Suppose to be a 4 star but it is a poor 3 star

the apartments are dated and not very clean, We had to move we had to move 3 times before we got a decent one and then it flooded twice,

You only got six inches of water if you have a bath.

You have to hire the kettle and pay 3 euros a day if you

want the tv on.

Food there is very little choice, chicken 4 times a week

The restaraunt is very dirty and the whole complex is

like pontins 40 years ago. The entertainment is appalling.

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by peteandjac

Shuffle Off

"Just spent a week at Morramar Apts which are adverised as being in PUERTO DE CARMEN,but are 4 km away,The resort is sparse for eating out and shopping with only the SPAR shop for groceries.Meals and drinks (apart from Wine)are more expensive than UK.The apartment complex was very clean,maid service 5 days a week,but little in the way of entertainment of an evening.There were however daily childrens activities and 2 nice outdoor pools and a tennis court.As we were self catering we found the on site shop very expensive compared to the Spar in the resort centre which is ten minute walk away,example pepsi 1.5 litre was 1 euroin Spar and 2.35euro on site.Iwould return to these apartments but we used a Shuttle bus service to and from Airport and they were hopeless ,we waited an hour on arrival and they never appeared at all on our departure so we had to get a taxi 10 euros to Airport ,which is 4 km away,so my advise is not use Shuttle bus"

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Quiet and clean
by woodsy

enjoyable holiday

"we stayed at the morromar all inclusive for 10 days in November. We had read the reviews and were slightly worried as to what to expect. On intial sighting of our rooms we were a bit disappointed, accommodation was fine but the decor was quite dismal, a bit old fashioned and needing some TLC. However the next morning our spirits lifted as we viewed the immaculate gardens and surrouning area. The rooms were cleaned daily, and beds were changed every other day. Staff were very friendly and helpful, more so than in a lot of resorts. Food was basic but good, it did get a bit boring toward the second week as everything was recycled and repeated. Desserts need a review, choice is very limited. On the positive side there is plenty of everything, our pary of 4 all managed to gain weight.

The location is a bit far out (4 kilometers) unless you are a walker however the taxi and bus stand are just next to the hotel so this is not a problem. All thing said we would go back to this complex. It is certainly value for money

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: good value for money
by supergran

something for everyone

"I would recommend these apartments as a good value family holiday.We booked a last minute holiday, traveled in August a party of nine, myself spouse, daughter and her spouse and their children. I wasn't disappointed. The Apartment was immaculately clean.We went all inclusive The food was exceptional lots of it and something for everyone, drinks were plentiful. The times that food was served gave you chance to go out and explore the area or into Puerto Del Carmen and still be back in time for a meal, the kitchen staff were constantly bringing out fresh food, so it had not been stood around . The staff were ALL friendly and helpful especially in the dining room they went out of their way to make sure that we had a table set, where we could all sit together, with a highchair for the baby. There are two lovely pools the lower one being quieter than the other both have a shallow end for young children. Our party consisted of grandparents parents teenagers and young children. There is a lovely lounge bar with a water feature so you can have evening drinks. The teenagers took themselves off on a short taxi ride into Puerto Del Carmen (4 euro) a couple of times but enjoyed the relaxed informal atmosphere of the the Morromar. The children said it was the best holiday they had ever had. It's Just a short walk to the beach and shops via a path from the rear of the apartments 5mins stroll. The only gripe I have is that there are steep hills everywhere so if you are bad on your pins it's not the place for you. 10 out of 10 Brilliant holiday"

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Lowcost
  • Advice: good value family holiday I would go again
by maggie

A Great resort in an excellent location!!

"The apartments were very clean, staff were very friendly, food was good and excellent facilities (Kids play area, two pools, tennis court, pool tables etc.) There was evening entertainment every night apart from Sunday, all of which was good.....sometimes a little cheesy but great for comedy factor!!

The local area had plenty of activities, walks, bike rides (recommend Flinstons pedal car!!) all to keep you and the kids entertained.

There is a shopping centre with small beach shops, car hire, bars and restraurants all located in one area five minutes from the resort.

All in all a great holiday for me, my partner and my daughter, thanks Sol Morromar.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Half Board, Booked Independently
by And234e

July 27 2010

"Stayed at this hotel for one week July 2010 (were supposed to go to turkey but never got there as company went bust), first time we went all inclusive and i have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our stayed, the food was excellent and was piping hot all the time, rooms were clean and very spacious sheets changed 3 times in a week, plus clean towels as well, both pools were lovely and the cleaners never seemed to stop cleaning. The hotel is lovely and most of the staff are friendly. We had a very good holiday here and would thoroughly recommend this hotel for families as well."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with sun4u
  • Advice: very pretty
by sas453

Stunning, Beautiful, Heaven.

"Quite simply the most stunning hotel I have ever witnessed, let alone had the pleasure of staying in. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English, very friendly and always chatting to you. The rooms were immaculate, with a maid tending to them every morning/afternoon, with certain rooms having a beautiful view of one of the TWO pools and/or the sea (we were lucky enough to have a view of the more impressive, quieter pool and the sea). It is within 5-10 minutes of the beach and the local supermarket, as well as the tourist shops and the bars/restaurants. A mere 30-45 minute walk away is the more lively Puerto Del Carmen, but one would recommend staying in this hotel, as the resort of Matagorda is much more beautiful and picturesque, especially the old ruins. The food was also superb, no idea why people could criticise it - or see how they could. The breakfasts were bountiful in choice, and the lunch options were superb. For dinner, it served for everyone's tastes and we were spoilt for choice. Something new every day for lunch and dinner.

Quite simply the most impressive hotel one could imagine. Beautiful and hopefully I will get the chance to visit again.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Most beautiful hotel I have ever laid my eyes on, never will I feel so drawn to a place like I was.
by RockTheCasbah

Great Value Budget Holiday

"Ok lets get this straight... was this the best hotel I have stayed in? Proberbly not but to be fair me and my wife paid under £500 total including flights and transefers to spend a week in this hotel. This was THE BEST BUDGET HOTEL I have stayed in. My first impression after reading all the comments here were, I have walked into the wrong hotel. The guy on reception was very freindly and helpfull and it was very very clean. As we walked to our room we were very impressed with how clean and nice everything looked. The hotel had a army of cleaners and garders and they done a great job. Are room was spacious and clean! The tv had English news channels but we found French MTV most entertaining. The food was ok there was different stuff everyday but honestley not the highlight of the holiday but we were never hungry or ill! The bar was good with plenty of range and the entertainment was quite funny and interesting when it did come on. If I paid £2000 for this holiday I would expect amazing food and brilliant entertainment productions. but I didnt so if your expecting to find this at a average of £180 per person for a week think on. I dont know what some people expect when your paying for the cheapest holidays on the net but that is the truth. I will go back here next time I want a cheap chearfull week in the sun and I have also reccomended it to family ."

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Wife
by markyb

Book a skip instead

"Very dissapointed in the Sol group for this complex; i didnt read the reviews before i booked - if you have already booked please change before you go; The Morromar is understaffed (the staff that are there really dont want to be there and their attitude reflects this quite abviously), the food is grotesque (really poor choice of food, often cold or undercooked, if you like veal then youll love this place - every lunch and dinner it makes an appearance), the facilites (pool, games) are average, entertainment is hillarious becuase its so bad (lasts for 15 minutes per night and the same every week), the rooms are ok but ours was filled with ants, the hotel were redeveloping the main pool when we were there but they kept saying itll be open tomorrow after about three days i went to have a look and it was about three months of being anywhere near ready (the maintenance guy finally told us it had '75 working days' left before completion).

We travelled here with cosmos who are usually really good but the rep was nowhere to be found even after 3 calls on their 'emergency number' so we had to stick it out for 7 days, if hadnt been for the other 6 brits in this ghost town of an apartments it would have been hell

The resort itself is lovely and about a 30-40 min stroll from PDC where there are lots of smashing resteraunts and bars but this shoudlnt even be a point of interest for an all inclusive holiday

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Derek

Hotel from Hell

"Most staff good but some terrible very rude and arrogant, food

the worst you could imagine had the runs twice had to eat out we were AI, If you want a drink you had to wait for 15min or more not enough staff drinks were served in Coca cola cardboard cups even at night, not enough glasses and could not clean the ones they had if you want tea or coffee in your room you have to hire a kettle, the room was infested by bugs and ant,s

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST