Myramar Castle Beach

Stayed at Myramar Castle Beach?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Myramar Castle Beach

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
I really enjoyed my stay at Castle... by C MacLeod

I really enjoyed my stay at Castle Beach Apartments although I never actually ate in the hotel as was there on business I found the staff more than courteous at all times and very helpfull when required.

Although building work was being carried out opposite the hotel I never found this an issue the room was very well insulated against sound,

Room was cleaned every day to a very high standard.

I was very impressed with the Lounge Bar and Bar Staff.

I will definately be returning to this part of Spain and will most definately be staying in this hotel again.

I manage a small hotel myself and could not honestly find anything worth complaining about.

Me, my wife and 3 children stayed... by J Olivera

Me, my wife and 3 children stayed over night in a self catering apartment. Service was good and all facilities were excellent. The only drawback was the indoor pool. For some reason you had to wear a swimming cap which also had to worn by children of any age. What is that all about?

i went to the hotel with my mum dad... by Renshaw

i went to the hotel with my mum dad and my 2 little sisters.

it was the best holiday ever met loads of mates which we are still in touch with now!

we went for a week and it deffently wasnt long enough!

there was 2 members of staff(mark and steph) that were fantastic

YOU MUST GO!

massive shopping centre next to the hotel and lovely beach.

i would love to go again but for much longer

have just returned from a week - half... by A Holley

have just returned from a week - half term - 3 adults + 2 children , no entertainment provided,staff were not helpful, buffet food was cold - breakfast and evening meal.

appt was cleaned daily

thankfully there was an outstanding shopping centre next door - miramar complex -

dont forget your passport if you want to pay by plastic, chip and pin means nothing, 10/10.

dont miss the sunday market - approx 15 min walk over bridge at side of appts - 10/10

couple of good places to eat in fuengirola town - bogarts bar and oasis in the port.

as it is a bit remote make sure you take good walking shoes or be prepared to pay 6 euros for a taxi.

all in all ok if you want a very quiet break.

Stayed here for a week, and loved it!... by C Roper

Stayed here for a week, and loved it! The apartments are great, very spacious, and cleaned daily, with fresh towels every day and the bed linen was changed 3 time the week we were there. There's lots to do on site, 3 swimming pools, a basketball court and a games room.

A few people have written some bad things about this hotel which I don't agree with at all. Ok, so you have to cross a bridge to get to the beach, but it is definitely safe! Ok, so some of you may have had something taken, but its like anywhere you go, you don't have to be in Spain to get mugged. We never had no trouble crossing the bridge, we walked on and off it at least 3 times a day and every night around 11pm on the way back from the centre and we never saw anyone.

The food was good and of a high quality, people complained because there wasn't enough choice for English people. e.g. burgers, chips, hot dogs, DON'T go to Spain if you want English food, go to Blackpool.

The weather was good, the average temp was around 24 degrees each day and we never saw a cloudy day which for February was really surprising.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone, ignore the moaners. I was there the same time as some of these people that supposable went as was annoyed by the building work, well I'm sorry but there was no building work around at all.

Give it a try, you wont be disappointed!

Really enjoyed our stay. Went with my... by D Doneathy

Really enjoyed our stay. Went with my husband and two children age 15 &9. Plenty for them to do, lovely games room. Pool was nice and clean.

Our room was cleaned every day. Got the bus which is outside the hotel in to the town, took the bus from the town to Torremolinos. Plenty of food shops like kfc. All what the kids like.

Was very hot when we went, in its 90s, people in the hotel was very helpful. On a night there is a kids disco and after that was for mams and dads.

Cheap in the hotel for a bottle of house wine, it was 6euros. Lovely beach, bus takes you there or you can walk, it is about 10mins.

One week was not long enough, will go back again this time for 2 weeks.

All rooms have a TV and all have bath and a shower.

My husband and I stayed at the... by T Mcvay

My husband and I stayed at the Myramar Castle Beach apart/hotel for a 3 night short break.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay the service was first class, the pool area spotless, restaurants great, and above all the apartment was comfortable spacious and clean.

The staff were all very polite and helpful at all times of night and day. Lots of things for the kids too. The huge shopping centre at the side of the hotel was very impressive. I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

We will be going back next year this time with the kids.

I stayed at the Myramar for a week... by D Parkin

I stayed at the Myramar for a week this August and it wasn’t long enough. My children are aged 5, 9, 10, 14 and they loved it.

The rooms were very clean and the maid service was excellent. The hotel staff were very helpful, and the bar and pool staff would do anything for you. There are 2 pools one shallow pool ideal for small children and a larger one with shallow parts for small children.

Around the pool there are plenty of sunbeds for everyone, and the area is extremely clean and tidy. On a night time the pool bar has entertainment on for all the family from kids disco's to games night with adult participation, All good fun, the kids will all come home having learnt several new dance routines.

For older children there’s ping ball tables, pool tables, air hockey tables right beside the bar or there’s a games room, mini golf, tennis courts plenty to do. There's also a night pub that’s open till 3am.

The restaurant serves a wide range of lovely meals, but if you catering you have a dunes store that sell English food right next door as well as lidel and on the other side a large shopping complex. the beach is about 10 to 15 minutes walk away from the hotel and can be a little hard on young legs my 5 year old was tired and hot on these journeys, however there is a bus right outside the hotel and costs 90 cents to go anywhere and there so easy to use (we were a bit scared a first but give it a go).

The water park is also very close to the Myramar and that is a must do for anyone. We also used the trains to go to Torremolinos for the day then to Benalmadena on the night time as there is a theme park there called Tivoli world it opens about 6pm and is open till 2am however the last train is 11.30 but still well worth going. Tivoli world costs 6 Euros each to enter and 10 Euros for a wrist band to go on all rides as many times as you like.(these bands are well worth the money and are optional).

Over all we had a fantastic holiday in a fantastic resort in a fantastic hotel and will be returning. Hope this helps.

Booked 1 week before we left. Rooms... by  C Hughes

Booked 1 week before we left. Rooms are large and very very clean. Large bath room with 2 showers and bath. 2 single beds in bedroom and 2 sofa beds to the lounge.

Plenty of sun beds and large safe pool with life guard. 5 mins to shopping centre with supermarket and snack bars. Approx 15 mins to beach and bars (but a nice walk). Hotel staff are great, sorry cant say same for rep, never seen him.

Great value for money family holiday, would go back. If there are 4 of you, you could book 2 rooms for the same price as 1 room.

Ps have a very friendly cat who loved being fussed and fed.

There is a building site in front of... by J Gray

There is a building site in front of hotel. Ok if you have a pool view, didn’t hear any one complaining about it that looked on to it.

You can take trips to Gibraltar for 13 Euros shopping trip, an extra 13 Euros to go up the rock to see the caves and monkeys.

Also take a trip to Mijas village it is really beautiful to see it sits on middle of mounting breath taking views.

We will be going back next year for our 62nd birthdays.

As I say about cleaners, they are in every day to clean room, you don’t have to leave rooms unlike other hotels, they keep it spotless.

There is also a pub in hotel, didn’t go to it we used the bar at the pool. Prices reasonable.

If you have kids plenty for them to do, pool, crazy golf, tennis, football. They have a toddlers pool for babies. Plenty entertainment for the children, also a life guard sits at pool all day.

If you decide to go you won’t regret it.

Just back Castle Beach after 11 days... by J Gray

Just back Castle Beach after 11 days with the wife. Excellent staff couldn’t help you enough.

We were self-catering but could use restaurant at 8 Euros each. For breakfast was a buffet all you could eat,. Also a supermarket 4 minutes walk from hotel.

A very good bus service just outside hotel, basic fare 90 cents each, which takes you into Fuengirola or walk out by old castle takes you to the beach and cross over suspension bridge, takes you right along sea front that walk will take about 15 minutes.

And there was no gypsies there to mug you. Felt very safe but be careful of the time shares people there, they are a pain in the butt.

If you go take a trip to the market on Tuesdays and Saturdays take bus to bus station cross road walk to end of street turn right and follow the road, you can’t fail to miss it.

Takes about 20 to 25 minutes walking plenty restaurants and bars on the way, so if you go to Castle Beach enjoy.

Oh by the way, we didn’t have to pay deposit for breakages at hotel. Also the safe you key in your own number to lock it, only cost 24 Euros 5 Euros back when you leave.

I would not recommend anyone to go... by Towers - Barnes

I would not recommend anyone to go here. I recently visited this hotel along with my college course, as we were studying travel and tourism, and we had an assignment to do on the area.

On arrival we had to pay a deposit of around £60 for breakages, and half of our party had to wait several hours to get into their room as it still hadn’t been cleaned.

The rooms themselves were small and cramped, we had four people staying in ours, but if we had five, then one unlucky person would have to sleep next to the front door and the toilet.

I thought there would at least be sofa beds, however you just added a sheet to the cushion, and voila!

There was an infestation of ants in the kitchen, and bathroom. All food had to be sealed tightly in the fridge and cupboards.

Maid service was regular.

However make sure your belongings don’t go missing. We had several items moved or taken.

And as a final point, I forgot to mention that the money that went missing was in a locked safe.

And the area itself is a bit dodgy to, my teacher nearly had her bagged robbed.

I think that might be everything.

I repeat do not go there!

P.S I would have rated this minus 10, but it did not go that low.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Myramar Castle Beach? Share your insight.

Map for Myramar Castle Beach Closest airport: Malaga (AGP) 12.3 miles