Sunshine Apartments

Kos, Greece

Good

Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sunshine Apartments

Enter your dates:

1 2 3 »
Excellent by Andrew W

Basic accomadation but very clean , nothing is to much trouble for the family. We have been here 4 times and going back in June. Resort is quiet but get the bus or small train to different areas. You come a guest and leave as a friend.

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with Olympic Holidays

Sunshine Apartments Tingaki by jimmi

After reading several reviews which were very helpful I decided to write my review to help others. I will write it in 3 parts.

1. Tigaki On first appearance it looks a very plain resort. It has the "strip" with the usual bars, tavernas and tourist shops/supermarkets. Nothing here of any great beauty or interest. All the tavernas were of a good standard without being outstanding. None had particularly good vistas and some are adjacent to the main road.

The beach is magnificent with gently shelving sand far out into the sea, very safe for children. 2 sunloungers were 6 euros the pair' we chose Chrissys as she had tables and chairs at the roadside under several trees for that shady lunch or break. She had also collected lilos, rings, bodyboards etc that you could borrow. If you like beaches you will love Tigaki beach.

Away from the strip you can walk or hire a cycle, from 3 E a day to investigate further afield. The hinterland is beautiful with smallholdings every where, hotels and houses dotted around. It's all pretty flat so easy to get around and a joy to behold with the imposing Mt Dikeos as a backdrop to everything. There is not much going on in the evening but if you like a long, lazy evening meal there are plenty of tavernas and all the staff are friendly and charming. Kos town in the evening was busy and beautiful. We ferried to Kalymnos from Mastihari after hiring a car for 40E for the day, and drove up to Zia for the wonderful sunset. We were not impressed with Zia.

Sunshine Apartments

The best part of these apartments is the staff. It is owned and operated by a most beautiful family who made our stay enormously delightful. We would like to thank....Grandma Xenia and her husband Vassilis, chef Michaelis and his wife/manageress Helena, their beautiful and charming daughters Xenia and Maria and of coure the best bad boy waiter Fotis not forgetting Anna who helped the chef.. Lastly the cleaner of our rooms and her handyman/engineer husband, Katerina and Michaelis, a wonderful couple who work so hard and are full of charm.

The apartments are basic but very, very clean.

If you want lots of crockery or cutlery then you will be disappointed, it would be very difficult to cook your meals with the limited equipment. No toaster, no kettle. We took our own travel ones but we only have toast/cereal in the mornings and sometimes a sandwich for lunch. There is a bakery 100m away, fantastic bread, cakes and pastries so you don't really need much in the self catering dept. The apartments are about a 2 star so bear this in mind when you decide how much to pay but we looked at some other alternatives on the main road and Sunshine leaves them far behind. Air con was E85 per fortnight. The pool is smallish but adequate and great for kids, it was 1.55m deep at one end and 1.5 the other. A very pleasant place to enjoy sunbathing and frolicking.

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, booked with Olympic Holidays

Fantastic Holiday by Davies Family

Me, my husband and 10 month old son have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Sunshine Apartments. We had a fantastic time and couldn't fault the accommodation. The rooms were cleaned every day, with fresh towels and bedding every other day. The rooms were absolutely spotless.

The Pool area was well maintained,and never seemed to be busy!

The staff at the apartments were brilliant, they always went out of their way to make a fuss of you and made you feel at home. Our little boy really loved the sisters who worked there.

As for Tingaki, it was lovely. There is plenty of choice of restaurants to eat at and all make you feel very welcome.

We will definitely be returning to Tingaki and the Sunshine Apartments in the near future.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with Olympic Holidays

Fantastic Apartments, Brilliant Resort by Sara

We have just arrived back from these apartments in Tingaki, Kos and we had a brilliant time. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and found the apartment large in size. There is not a kettle in the apartment but there are saucepans that can be used to boil water instead.

Staff at these apartments (Eddie, Maria & Xenia) are such nice people, they make you feel really welcome. e would definately go back again.

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, booked with Olympic Holidays

excellent holiday by icebox

Stayed at the apartments for the second time this year during the may holidays.This place never changes,still fantastic as ever.Eddie,xenia and maria never change still the nicest people we have ever met on a greek holiday,a pleasure to call them friends.

• Holiday details: May 2010, Room Only, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: very worthwhile

Lovely apartments and resort by Gilly43

It will be hard, but I will try and keep this brief and list just the main points!

- Would definitely recommend the Sunshine Apartments - no real critisisms whatsoever. Attractive and well maintained outside areas, good location, helpful staff and good restaurant.

- The only very minor fault is that the accommodation 1s rather basic. Although the complex deserved it's 3* rating for it's excellent restaurant and attractive pool area, I personally feel the rooms were more like 2*. Basic, but adequate and clean.

- Close walk to all amenities (bars, restaurants, shops, beach etc).

- Pleasant low key resort, suitable mainly for couples. Quite small, but compact with a reasonable selection of tavernas/bars/restaurants. Didn't have a bad meal - enjoyed the food very much. One recommendation is 'The New Rodini' on the right hand side of the main street when walking from the beach. Quite a way up from the beach, but not from the apartments.

- Prices reasonable. Large beer 2 - 2.5 Euros. Main Course meal as low as 4-5 Euros, but generally between 7 - 9 (Steaks a little more expensive).

- Weather excellent. We enjoyed a cloudless, hot week in May.

- One very valuable piece of advice though - there is only one ATM machine in Tingaki, and as a result, is frequently EMPTYof cash!! I tried it twice within a week to be informed at the end of each transaction that the machine was 'Temporarily Unavailable'! There are two other ATMs in the next inland village of Zipari, but it is a distance of around 2.5 km from the Sunshine, so be prepared!

- All in all, a lovely resort and apartments. Definitely the place to go for a relaxing break.

• Holiday details: May 2009, Self Catering, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Activities: Enjoyed the food and service in every restaurant we visited

PARADISE by TONY C

just returned from Tingaki Kos Greece, a superb place , been 4 times before cant keep away, it consists of one street in the village consisting of 32 bars and restaurants all good and everyone really friendly. the beach is great to the right is the family beach and to the left is the quieter side, and further down is the nudist beach, no, nice young people just the opposite,

stayed for 2 weeks at the Sunshine Apartments cant speak to highly of them really friendly and helpful will do anything for you, and would recommend to anybody, eddie who seems to be in charge there is so funny, it was in fact a dream holiday and will be going back again 2010..........

TONY AND BARBARA BLACKPOOL ENGLAND

• Holiday details: May 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: QUIET AND RELAXING YET LOADS OF BARS AND RESTAURANTS
  • Activities: BEST RESTAURANTS, MENIS, VASSILLIS. ENEOLO. ESPEROS, TRIP ACROSS TO TURKEY IN 20 MINS.

Great Hotel - Great Resort by john.hockey

Stayed at the Sunshine apartments in July 2008 and have booked to go back June 2009. We had a one bedroom apartment which was perfect for myself, wife and 2 year old son. The hotel is in an ideal spot, fairly quiet but only 3 mins walk to main road and 5 mins to the beach.The pool is great for families and despite it being open to the public, it was not overcrowded anytime during our two week stay. The restaurant serves good food, if you occasionally want to take it easy, but I would also recommend trying different restaurants as I think this is part of holidaying in Greece.

The 'mix' of people at the hotel was about 50% British and 50% Dutch.

I must give a special mention to Eddie who seems to be everywhere and do everything at the hotel, whilst managing to be friendly all the time (my son loved him)

• Holiday details: Jul 2008, Self Catering, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: Perfect for couples and families
  • Activities: Dana is my favourite restaurant. Zia & a boat trip are

just go back from sunshine apts in... by NIGEL HALL

just go back from sunshine apts in tingaki had a great time , the apts were very clean and spacious and they got cleaned every other day also clean towels and sheets every 3rd day, also the restaurant serves up very lovely meals with a 10% discount on al meal a much better value ,and being waiter on by the lovely staff the very funny endy, maria, and the cheeky xenia, which made it a much more enjoyable stay, went to the beach most days 5 euros for two beds and a brolly, went the excellent restaurant dana just of the main beach where we had some very good dinner time meals where you get a nice friendly welcome from antoni,and nicol so would definitely go back to sunsine apts thanks for a really great holiday best wish chris & nige from york..

What a welcome! The apartments are... by A Carter

What a welcome! The apartments are the biggest I've stayed in EVER. It was a real heads up to read on here that theres no kettle in the rooms so I took a travel one with us - thanks for that! The place is in a great location, everything you want/need is close to the sunshine. The staff are so friendly, the rooms so clean & the taverna so reasonably priced. My one 'gripe' is we only had a week there & my son & I were really sad to leave!

This was the second time we stayed in... by J Southam

This was the second time we stayed in these apartments - no problems at all with them or the staff, and the location is superb- just far enough away from the main road to be peaceful, but near enough to the beach to be convenient. However, the Rep was another matter entirely - should not have been allowed to leave home! She was useless, uncaring, and absolutely hopeless. She didn't send transport for a lone lady traveller whose flight was very early one morning, she forgot to arrange transport for an elderly couple, the lady of whom had fallen in the apartment restaurant and injured her knee, and when I wrote to the company to tell them about her shortcomings I got absolutely no response apart from a demand to know the booking details so that they could "investigate my complaint" when I had made it clear I was advising them, not complaining. An adventure not to be repeated.

Myself, my father and my 1 year old... by T Pugh

Myself, my father and my 1 year old son stayed at the Sunshine apartments for 10 days in Sept ‘07. I loved it and was so upset to come home! The staff around the apartments and the taverna could not do enough for you and they were all so friendly. Eddie never seemed to go home and put himself out for everyone, even down to visiting a local town and buying me Calpol for my son when he became poorly.

The apartments are very basic and I struggled to do bottles with no kettle but that is the only fault I have of the whole holiday. The apartments are in a fantastic location as they are off the main road but close to the beach and a selection of restaurants (not that we ever used them as the food at the Sunshine was so fab!). The staff were all fantastic with my son and I often found him in the kitchen having a cuddle with the chef Michael or behind the bar with Eddie or Zenia.

I loved it and will definitely be going back again! I recommend Sept as it is hot but not too hot!

1 2 3 »

Stayed at Sunshine Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sunshine Apartments
  • by Gilly43

" Ideal for a relaxing break. Particularly good for couples. "

• by Andrew Warren

" Go with the flow any problems speak to Xenia or Maria and it will be sorted "

Do you own Sunshine Apartments?