Palm Court Apartments

Mallorca 16, Benidorm 03500, Spain
2.5 star

Stayed at Palm Court Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 7.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Palm Court Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
i have jus returned from my stay at... by A Willoughby

i have jus returned from my stay at palm court apartments i must say that when i read the reviews i was disappointed and a bit nervous about what i was getting my self into but the minute i arrived at palm court my fears disappeared, all the staff were excellent, well mannered and polite. The rooms were really clean and the towels were changed frequently. It is very central all the bars supermarkets and even the beach are only a couple of minutes away. The food in the bar were excellent and wel priced. Also the atmosphere in the bar and entertainment was great. the bar is like your local at home everybody gets talking to each other and it feels like your at home. All the staff work really hard and long hours they will do anything for you even if it doesn´t have anything to do with their job. and i would really like to thank april, josie, wayne and gary they were brilliant andthey really made our holiday at palm court. last but not least you can even book privately and all the prices are really cheap. there is an offer for oct 08 to march 09 at only 150 euros for 2 people for the week how can you get any better than that i will defently be booking that. I hope to see you all at palm court one day, you never know maybe one day we will be neighbours or even sat having a drink together.

i loved palm court and would go back... by C Mcknight

i loved palm court and would go back very clean and very nice staff also good location and good food dont believe everything you read

We have just returned after spending... by Challener

We have just returned after spending a week at the Palm court apartments. Having read the reviews on this page I was rather dubious but I should not have worried. The apartment was small but the beds were comfortable and the water was always hot. we did have a problem with the noise from the bar even on the 3rd floor, and drunken neighbours shouting and swearing. We were also entertained by our next door n eighbours having very noisy sex about five o clock in the morning and again at six o clock. The food in the bar was excellent especially the burgers, the entertainment wioth Wayne and his quizzes, karaoke and play your cards right was great and we were very near the late night entertainment in the town.So dont be afraid to come here, just bring some ear plugs and you will be fine. Best wishes to Waayne, Garry and Josie for all their efforts.

The only reason this complex was... by J Field

The only reason this complex was rated 1 out of 10 by myself is because you are not able to go any lower.

I was terribly disappointed with my stay here. The apartments were pathetically small and poorly outfitted. My apartment was in the least user friendly position of the complex - situated with various machines on my doorstep that were frequently in use and made an awful noise. Not only this, but my apartment was too close to the bar and I was constantly kept awake by noise due to the lack of control by the hotel staff. If it was not the over spill of drunken adults it was the constant screaming of the children (There was nowhere else for them to go) or even the scraping of the chairs that could be heard through very poorly situated bars and patios.

The cleaners were few and far between, without barely seeing the inside of my apartment. I found myself shopping for toilet roll's and various cleaning materials - something which I have never had to do before while holidaying abroad.

NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! NOISY!! This was supposed to be a relaxing break for me before the Christmas period!! Never before have I wanted to get back home to a normal amount of stress!!

I would definitely recommend that this complex is avoided at all costs as I would not want to think that another poor couple or family would have to put up with these extremely low standards!!

If someone who works at Palm Court is able to view this, then please do something about it as you are providing a very, VERY, bad service.

Me and my partner stayed for to weeks... by D Navin

Me and my partner stayed for to weeks at Palm Court, found it really disappointing the rooms were really small and smelly and maids visited 3 times in the whole stay! We had to purchase our own toilet roll as maids never supplied any!

No air con we higher fans that cost a fortune and were not very good as well as paying a 60euro deposit on arrival but we did get this back on last day.

On departure we had to vacate the room for 10am we were getting picked up by coach at 7.30pm our cases had to be left under the stairs in the apartment which did not feel safe at all me and my partner had to keep checking them every 30min giving all the stories that you are told by the reps about how important it is to keep all belonging locked up!!

I feel for the price we paid for the holiday was really expensive we deserved allot better! I would grade this apartment a 1 star and lower the prices right down.

On the other hand staff on the bar were really friendly.

Me and my partner stayed at Palm... by L Hughes

Me and my partner stayed at Palm Court and paid £1200 on S/C basis, we were very disappointed to find that there was no air con in the room and had to hirer a fan at a high cost, the rooms were also very old fashioned with a nasty damp smell.

At the pool side bar you could not take any food or drink of your own, by the pool I found this really inappropriate as prices were high for food and drink!

Outside the apartment were benches and after midnight homeless people would lay on them with bottles of alcohol shouting abusive language to passers by, they would also search through bins at the side of shop next to Palm Court.

I never once saw a Thompson rep in the apartments in the 2 week stay, when asking about this was advised she was off on her holiday.

On departure I approached Thompson rep at airport to advise him that we booked into airport lounge at Manchester airport on arrival to find that we could not enter as our tickets never arrived on time these were booked 8 days before at a cost of £32, the ref number given over the phone by Thompson could not be used at the desk of lounge? Rep advised me to write in to complain this is most inconvenient as we both work long hrs 6 days a week!

Overall I feel we were ripped off, myself and my partner are drained by the whole experience.

Before going on holiday I decided to... by D Murray

Before going on holiday I decided to read some reviews that other holidaymakers had written about the palm court apartments.

I was beginning to wish I hadn't because all I did was worry about what to expect after reading various comments!

On arrival I breathed a sigh of relief! There were 8 of us in total, 4 in 1 room and 4 in another! The rooms were nice and clean! Basic kitchenette but still managed to cook small bits to eat for breakfast in the morning. We mostly ate out as we were only there for 1 week.

One of the rooms we had was quite small but not as bad as people made out! You don't go on holiday to sit in your room all day so it was a good enough room for sleeping and showering.

The other room was a lot bigger with two toilets and two balconies and lots of space! I must admit that the balconies are rather small and can only fit maybe 3 people on it at a push!

Also the double balcony was enclosed with windows which was ok in Feb. because the weather wasn’t all that great except for some sunshine at the end of the week but I think it would be far too hot to sit on the balcony in the summer months but there are plenty of sun loungers to lie on down by the pool!

The walls are quite thin but that wasn't really a problem! Noise can be heard in most apartments not just palm court! Thankfully we were lucky enough not to have any cockroaches in our room or beasties of any sort but you get them in any hot country so it’s only natural.

Staff were very friendly and helpful! The food was great (especially the burgers) and of a reasonable price! There was always someone at reception or in the bar to help if you had any enquiries!

The maids were in cleaning rooms every day and we always had fresh towels at hand!

When checking in you will be asked to pay a deposit of £40 or 60 euros for any damages made throughout your stay but this will be given back to you if everything is left the way it was found at the end of your stay!

Thomson failed to mention this when booking the holiday so it may come as a shock to people on arrival so a word of warning if going to the Palm Court Apartments take some extra money with you so that you are not left short!

Me and my family had a great time, had 4 days of sunshine out of 7 which was good!! This was a last minute holiday and we enjoyed every minute of it, nice and relaxing!

I would go back to Benidorm again but being young I would probably go back again during the summer months when it would be a bit more lively.

I would also return to the Palm Court Apartments again because they are very central and everything you need is just a stone throw away, bars, restaurants, shops etc!

Don't always believe everything you read on these review pages because everyone has different opinions! These apartments seem to be suited to some but not others! I guess some people are just fussier than others!

Thank you to all the staff at Palm Court for making our stay a very pleasant one!

We have just returned after 3 days... by  S  Walker

We have just returned after 3 days short stay in Palm Court apts Benidorm.

I am surprised to view that all the other comments on this site are very bad; we however had a great time.

The staff couldn’t do enough for you, the accommodation was clean, all smelt fresh the rooms wasn’t very big, but you don’t go on holiday to stay in your rooms 24/7!

The equipment in the apartments wasn’t used by ourselves, however everything you would need was available.

The bed was fair for comfort but nothing is like your own bed, is it? Yes you have to pay for the TV use but let’s face it you don’t go on holiday to watch what you could do at home.

The meals were good value for money, nothing is too much trouble for the staff, and it’s nice to go where all speak English, even the Spanish. The reception was manned 24/7 any problems are rectified, if possible there and then, if not ASAP.

The walls are very thin and I can expect in peak holiday times it will be noisy we stayed on the ground floor and you could hear people coming and going, but most of the accommodation you stay in you hear your neighbours, even at home.

We really enjoyed our time at Palm Court, maybe its had a make over since the other holiday makers had visited. I am not sure.

But on the other hand you can't please some people and at the end of the day its only 2 star, you get what you pay for and we are very pleased.

As for returning Benidorm is not for us we are too young! But as for Palm Court apts if they were somewhere else we would go again.

You do have to pay 60 euros for the deposit on the room but as long as you do no damage, you get your money back when you leave so no problem to most people whom look after and respect other people’s property.

Thanks to the staff at palm court well done!

We have just returned from palm... by  G Hurst

We have just returned from palm courts, and was informed by Thomson that it was ok for children but did not have a kids club, it did not have anything at all for my children to do.

People complained they were being loud at 5pm because they all wanted to sleep because they had not got in till 4 or 5 that morning the bar was too smoky for us to sit in as i do not smoke even though my husband does he does not near us! The rooms where too small for 4 of us, and how you are expected to be self catering is beyond me as there are only 2 rings to cook on.

Plus you had to pay 1 euro for 45mins to watch the telly, which cost us a fortune seeing as the weather we had was bad!

Good things near to all entertainment (not for young children as does not start till 10 pm) staff where friendly.

Just back from staying in the Palm... by L Martin

Just back from staying in the Palm Court Apartments, what can I say! The noise is unbelievable throughout the night, never had a decent night sleep for the whole week.

The entertainment included fights with individuals within our apartments, extremely frightening especially for our boy. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. You are charged 60 euros on arrival and receive back when you leave! My partner cut his leg on the top step of the pool and we seen a few other injuries when we were there, I thing this should be sorted as soon as possible. I would not recommend non-smokers to the Palm Court as it is very smoky.

On the plus side I think Benidorm is fab and the shows are great, with a seven year old we had no problems there. Josie and Gary in the poolside restaurant are fantastic and there food is great. After all we booked a cheap last minute deal and it reflected in our accommodation.

Overall there were 16 people in our... by B Haughin

Overall there were 16 people in our party going to palm courts 10 adults and 6 kids. We all thought the apartments were small but acceptable. During our time 11 nights at palm courts we had to be cautious as the pool was very deep even in the baby pool - 0.8 meters as we had to two year old children and it was all open, a good thing was that it is ideally situated just up away from the square a square of pubs clubs and places to eat it is also not near any main roads. out the back of the hotel is a bar that cooks food which is beautiful so are the two people out there Garry and Josie two of the nicest people you will ever meet so is Simmo the owner who works in the bar out the front overall we all enjoyed it and will be going back in a couple of years.

I came to Benidorm in July this year... by J Whittaker

I came to Benidorm in July this year and was very disappointed by the apartments, not only were they very grubby they were very small, I went with to more girls an there was hardly any space 4 us to move around in, there was no air con the balcony was like a greenhouse there was no air 4 us to breathe, to rent a fan cost a fortune and they weren’t very good, I had money stole an my friend had her expensive watch stole, The only positive thing I would have to say about this hotel is that the pool bar staff were absolutely lovely they made whatever food you wanted, an were happy to do anything for you, I would never stay in these hotels again unless they had major refurbishment.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Palm Court Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Palm Court Apartments Closest airport: Alicante (ALC) 30.1 miles